Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2023, 12:37   #886
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Rao View Post
Since the audio speakers even in the top-end V variant are definitely inferior, has anyone changed them?

Just to clarify, would a speaker upgrade not void the manufacturer warranty?
Old 18th January 2023, 13:11   #887

I have booked a Midnight Black Strong Hybrid V variant with Wasan Toyota in Navi Mumbai. What I didnt like was that they forced me to accept accessories worth 50K. 35K includes Underbody anti rust, Ceramic coating & Silencer coating. 15K includes mud flaps, floor mats, Door Sil Guard, Door Visor, Fender Garnish, Neck rest pillows and car cover. I will be hopefully taking a BH series number plate thereby reducing my initial expense. I have been given a waiting period of 5-6 months. Since I am in no hurry, I am not complaining. Also gives me time to evaluate more options (Honda Hybrid SUV).
Old 18th January 2023, 14:32   #888

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review (UPDATE)

Quote:
[*]Headlight is ok but the horn is a totally disappointment. You probably cannot change the headlight for brighter projector LED’s (150 + watts, 7000K + white light) since the bulbs are all sealed & non-detachable.
I have read somewhere on the team bhp forum that headlights above 65W are illegal. YouTube however is full of videos of shady car accessories shops fitting 150+ watts LEDs.

Generally a safe practice is to refer to MV act before making any alterations to your vehicle. Cheers.

Last edited by Aldo280 : 18th January 2023 at 14:56.
Old 18th January 2023, 16:25   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdhikR View Post
Just to clarify, would a speaker upgrade not void the manufacturer warranty?
Any modification voids warranty even if you don’t splice the wires to install. Always remember the manufacturer will always try to find a way to circumvent any warranty claims.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 16:32   #890
BHPian

Does anyone know the wattage of the LED lights on the UCHY? It’s not mentioned anywhere in the manual
Old 18th January 2023, 23:46   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNGARG View Post
I have booked a Midnight Black Strong Hybrid V variant with Wasan Toyota in Navi Mumbai. What I didnt like was that they forced me to accept accessories worth 50K. 35K includes Underbody anti rust, Ceramic coating & Silencer coating. 15K includes mud flaps, floor mats, Door Sil Guard, Door Visor, Fender Garnish, Neck rest pillows and car cover. I will be hopefully taking a BH series number plate thereby reducing my initial expense. I have been given a waiting period of 5-6 months. Since I am in no hurry, I am not complaining. Also gives me time to evaluate more options (Honda Hybrid SUV).
You should complaint Direct to company as they cannot force you to buy anything! I got from lakozy malad and it was a smooth process, just bought mud flaps from them
Old 19th January 2023, 08:17   #892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Any modification voids warranty even if you don’t splice the wires to install. Always remember the manufacturer will always try to find a way to circumvent any warranty claims.

Sir: Kindly do not miscommunicate or confuse people.
A warranty is void if any wire is sliced or cut..etc.
I have cross-checked this with the dealer.

Replacing a horn or speaker involves just a remove & replace, more like a plug and play, nothing to do with any wire/s!
Prakash Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 12:41   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Sir: Kindly do not miscommunicate or confuse people.
A warranty is void if any wire is sliced or cut..etc.
I have cross-checked this with the dealer.

Replacing a horn or speaker involves just a remove & replace, more like a plug and play, nothing to do with any wire/s!
Hello Prakash. I am not misleading anyone. Please read the warranty carefully. The warranty is valid only in stock conditions. Any upgrades or changes leaves you open to interpretation. I have asked this specific question to the lawyer friend of mine. Anyways this is my opinion based on my experience. In case anyone wants to interpret it differently they are free to do so
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 12:45   #894
BHPian

while the new wiring is completely independent and direct from the battery under the hood. The trumpet-sounding horns are now extremely useful for highway/long-distance driving, especially the narrow roads and hairpin Ghats.

Fact that you have done this is itself voiding. Senior BHPians please comment
Old 19th January 2023, 14:14   #895
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review (UPDATE)

Quote:
[*]HUD display is more of a gimmick. It's just an unwarranted diversion while driving. Would have been great of we had in-built navigation/maps on HUD...is there any hack to get it done?

[/i]
The navigation works perfectly on HUD with Android Auto. Works for me each time. It does help when you do not need to look at your screen each time for upcoming turns.
smilingakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 17:10   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Petrol vs Hydrid:

S MT 2WD – Ex: Rs. 12.28 lakh, On road: Rs 15.59 lakh (BLR)
S eDrive 2WD – Ex Rs. 15.11 lakh, On road: Rs 19.03 lakh
The difference in on-road is Rs 3.44 lakh.

Assuming hybrid gives 4 Kmpl more mileage than petrol, the break-even distance is = 3,40,000 odd Km, considering petrol cost as Rs 100 per litre.

Is it so or I am missing something?
A little too off in the mileage figures for a hybrid. Once you get accustomed to Hybrid drive style, you can extract nearly 10 kmpl more than the petrol counterpart. In this case the Maruti petrol too.
Old 19th January 2023, 23:36   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Petrol vs Hydrid:

S MT 2WD – Ex: Rs. 12.28 lakh, On road: Rs 15.59 lakh (BLR)
S eDrive 2WD – Ex Rs. 15.11 lakh, On road: Rs 19.03 lakh
The difference in on-road is Rs 3.44 lakh.

Assuming hybrid gives 4 Kmpl more mileage than petrol, the break-even distance is = 3,40,000 odd Km, considering petrol cost as Rs 100 per litre.

---
AFAIK, a typical 1.5L petrol MT gives a mileage of 12 to 14 Kmpl. The Neo Drive MT (and Maruti's smart hybrid) gives milages of 17 to 19 Kmpl. How it does is,
1) Shuts down the petrol engine when the vehicle is stationary.
2) Runs AC and electricals from the 2nd battery.

If these 2 actions, gives a mileage boost of 5Kmpl, then this got to be the innovation petrol ICE engines needed (like the CRDI moment for diesel). Is it so or I am missing something?
In my humble opinion the mild hybrids are more of a gimmick, they dont really give much enhancements to the milage and the engine on/off doesnt work always as designed, the strong hybrid that i have been driving for 45 days now has been constantly giving 27-28 km/ltr and I feel this is the technology that will be a game changer
Writer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 15:05   #898

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
You should complaint Direct to company as they cannot force you to buy anything! I got from lakozy malad and it was a smooth process, just bought mud flaps from them
Yes. You are correct. I plan to do that closer to the delivery date. Although I would like an opinion if it makes sense to get the ceramic coating done. Anti rust I might definitely want to go for. In that respect does the 35K for Anti Rust, Ceramic coat and Silencer coat sound reasonable. The SA said it is from 3M.
Old 21st January 2023, 00:16   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNGARG View Post
Yes. You are correct. I plan to do that closer to the delivery date. Although I would like an opinion if it makes sense to get the ceramic coating done. Anti rust I might definitely want to go for. In that respect does the 35K for Anti Rust, Ceramic coat and Silencer coat sound reasonable. The SA said it is from 3M.
I'm also contemplating ceramic coating, but from a separate detailer, not the dealer. Got quotes of 40k for 5 years for Ceramic coating from Detailing devils, who say ceramic doesn't work well on glass, plastics etc and hence are not covered as part of the coating. Is your dealer saying he will coat all surfaces or just the painted surfaces? Another detailer is offering to coat all surfaces for 30k but with Maxprotect Nano rubber coating. Quite confused.
Old 24th January 2023, 13:34   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Hyryder waiting period extends up to 15 months.

Quote:
The Hyryder’s Maruti counterpart, the Grand Vitara, has a lower waiting period of up to 8 months.
Quote:
Longer waiting period for Hyryder's mild hybrid line-up
Strong-hybrid variants have a waiting period between 6-7 months
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-capture.jpg

Grand Vitara:

Quote:
The base Sigma and Delta mild-hybrid variants command a wait of up to 8 months, while it is 5 months for the higher-spec Zeta and Alpha trims. Meanwhile, the Zeta+ and Alpha+ trims with the strong-hybrid powertrain only have a waiting period of 3 months.
As far as sales are concerned, the Grand Vitara is ahead of the Hyryder. Since its launch, the Maruti Grand Vitara has averaged sales of 6,200 units a month, while the Hyryder has only managed about 3,000 units a month on average.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th January 2023 at 13:36.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks