Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 14:50   #901
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Hyryder waiting period extends up to 15 months.

Link
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-capture-1.jpg

Am I seeing this right? 5-6 years waiting for the E variant? 3 years for the VFM S variant?

Never thought I'd see the day. I used to hear about such waiting periods from my Grandfather. Looks like I may have something to tell my grandchildren as well.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 15:39   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Hyryder waiting period extends up to 15 months.

Not sure about the waiting periods, a friend booked last week at Lakozy Toyota with a delivery timeline of 2-3 months.

But something drastically wrong with TKM after a 6 month period ( due to change of color ) finally have been allotted a vehicle. In dealer stockyard since 3rd Jan, made full payment on 15th Jan and vehicle yet to be registered.

The dealers have no clue about the VIN number coding if it's actually a 2022 vehicle or 2023.

Supposedly TKM invoicing systems are down since last 10 days. Abysmal level of incompetence.

Dealer helpless, customer helpless absolute indifference on the part of TKM management.

Worst part no answerable point of contact with a logical explanation.
mave547 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 16:50   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post

The dealers have no clue about the VIN number coding if it's actually a 2022 vehicle or 2023.

Supposedly TKM invoicing systems are down since last 10 days. Abysmal level of incompetence.
10th and 11th character are the month and year encoding. For example for my car 10th character was N which corresponds to 2022, and 11th was L which corresponds to November. Car was invoiced on 31st December and delivered after some mishaps on 11th Jan. This was in Bangalore though. Sorry to hear about the invoicing system issues you're facing. Toyota dealer personnel seem to be organized like a government office. The folks at the dealership say they have no decision making power and depend on head office or higher to make decisions on all but basic things in my experience.
IonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 19:35   #904
BHPian

Got my Strong V hybrid delivered yesterday. Took the car for a 85KM drive today (Ghatkopar to Bhayandar and back) in Mumbai which comprised of 50-50 (highway and city) driving conditions. I use a Nexon EV max for this commute everyday and driving this after driving a EV was 70% similar experience, except when the engine kicks in when the car is stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. The vibration is A LOT when engine starts on standstill car, maybe it's just because the engine is new or maybe it's just like that, will come to know over time. Do note maximum amount of times the Car is in EV mode during bumper to bumper except when the battery gets really low due to prolonged traffic.
Also, I noticed that when i kept the car in neutral for a long time being stuck in traffic the cars MID threw a notification asking me to not be in N for too long since the battery is super low, i switched to D with foot on brake and only then it started charging the battery and during the entire day my battery never got charged beyond 3 bars , i attribute that to light foot driving since the car switches EV very often when doing that , as soon as it reached 2-3 bar and the car is cruising at 70Kmph it will switch to EV for 600-700 metres and then back to engine.

Here comes the best part, I did reset the Avg. Fuel comsumption after tank full and this was the maiden trip, the car showed 27kmpl in the morning one way and when I came back home with decent amount of traffic, the car showed 25.3 Kmpl , this i admit is also due to light foot driving that i have been accustomed to buying the Nexon EV max.
So for someone like me, owning a Electric and Hybrid, there's a difference of roughly 3Rs per km with EV being approx Rs. 1.5 per km and Hybrid approx Rs. 4.5 per km.

Happy to answer any Questions fellow BHPians would like to ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20230124_182455.jpg  

yashcosmos is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 22:09   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Happy to answer any Questions fellow BHPians would like to ask.
I also have a Hyryder strong hybrid variant in booking. And, have contemplated going for the Nexon EV max.

How do you find the ride quality of Hyryder compared to the Nexon, in the details of suspension & handling?

(While I test drove the Nexon EV max and liked it's ride quality, the rear seat was a downer for me. I'm 6ft tall and it resulted in a bad knees-up posture.!)
Old 25th January 2023, 00:12   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvin View Post
(While I test drove the Nexon EV max and liked it's ride quality, the rear seat was a downer for me. I'm 6ft tall and it resulted in a bad knees-up posture.!)
As you mentioned the ride quality, suspension of Nexon is really good and I would keep it just a notch above HyRyder but ofcourse due to increased floor height Nexon will be never be comfortable for you being 6ft on the back seat unless you sit on the boss seat with the front seat all the way ahead. Knee up in Nexon is really a big downer !

When considering between the two economically do remember that Nexon EV is Rs. 1.5 per km on HOME CHARGING, if you were to use public charger it can range anywhere between Rs. 3 to 3.5 per km but rarely lesser than Rs. 3 , point being if you were to compare for long highway runs anyday HyRyder would make more sense due to the amount of time saved vs only a Ruppee per km more !
yashcosmos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 07:53   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonHawk View Post
10th and 11th character are the month and year encoding. For example for my car 10th character was N which corresponds to 2022, and 11th was L which corresponds to November..
Thats where my confusion is with respect to the VIN coding.

MBJUYMM1SPA109476 ( my alloted vehicles details)

The year and month does not correspond to any logical sequence. ( if N was 2022, P? unless of course L corresponds to December then A makes sense as denoting January )

Anyways will continue hammering away at TKM and Lakozy till I get a definite answer.
Old 25th January 2023, 07:59   #908
BHPian

Quote:
This is chassis number, the letter N and A you would find in engine number.

I am telling you this because except the last 6 digits of your chasis number, mine is exactly the same and it's a 2023 manufacturing. And in my engine number 5th letter is N and 6th is A

Last edited by yashcosmos : 25th January 2023 at 08:03. Reason: Added more information
yashcosmos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 08:22   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
This is chassis number, the letter N and A you would find in engine number.

I am telling you this because except the last 6 digits of your chasis number, mine is exactly the same and it's a 2023 manufacturing. And in my engine number 5th letter is N and 6th is A
Thanks for the heads-up. The other number shared is

M15DNA28951

which again does not follow any coding provided in the forum help groups for Toyota. The NA stands for 2023 - Jan is what I understood from your post.

Last edited by mave547 : 25th January 2023 at 08:27. Reason: typo
Old 25th January 2023, 08:25   #910
BHPian

Quote:
M15DNA28951

which again does not follow any coding provided in the forum help groups for Toyota. The NA stands for 2023 - Jan do what I understood from your post.
My engine number is very close to yours difference of less than 10 numbers.

It's just likely yours is Jan 2023
yashcosmos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 11:24   #911
BHPian

Hi all, we got the first batch of the HyRyder when they started deliveries. I've driven it for around 2800kms. While I really appreciate the in-city driving because of the electric motor, like everyone else here has mentioned, it struggles on the highway.

I just wanted to let you guys know the build quality is pathetic. The driver seats is squeaking over bumps. The driver & passenger side latch from the inside can be shook vertically. Don't know whats happened to the build quality. Also, the wireless Android auto is extremely finicky/moody.

We have the first batch of Crysta and that car still has everything so sturdy. We were planning to "upgrade" to the HyCross but now concerned with the parts sharing quality from Maruthi.

Anyway, have spoken with the service incharge and hes asked me to get the car after the Republic day holiday. Hopefully they can sort it out.

This definitely is a small little niggle but well this was a replacemnt for our old 1.40lakh driven Q3. After paying 24L for this Toyota i expected it not to have shaky parts atleast.
blahman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 11:48   #912
BHPian

So I am still waiting on the delivery of my S variant. The PDI was supposed to happen this week but my SA from Nandi informed me yesterday that the production was scheduled for today. Due to the recall, production has slowed down and I am told that delivery can be expected only after a week or 2.

Wanted to check if anyone else has received a similar update.
Old 25th January 2023, 12:17   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Thats where my confusion is with respect to the VIN coding.

The year and month does not correspond to any logical sequence. ( if N was 2022, P? unless of course L corresponds to December then A makes sense as denoting January )

Anyways will continue hammering away at TKM and Lakozy till I get a definite answer.
Here is the link I referred to, P is 2023, and A is January.
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....d=38&Itemid=91

You're all good, as long as the dealer can get the invoicing system to work. All the best!
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 14:38   #914

Quote:
Not sure about the waiting periods, a friend booked last week at Lakozy Toyota with a delivery timeline of 2-3 months.

But something drastically wrong with TKM after a 6 month period ( due to change of color ) finally have been allotted a vehicle. In dealer stockyard since 3rd Jan, made full payment on 15th Jan and vehicle yet to be registered.

Dealer helpless, customer helpless absolute indifference on the part of TKM management.

Worst part no answerable point of contact with a logical explanation.
Glad to know that, apparently my allotment was for 5th Jan but the dealer is giving me the same reason. I thought this was his way of getting the allotted car to someone else. It'll take 2-3 days more according to him.
Old 25th January 2023, 18:49   #915
BHPian

Completed 2000 kms on my Hyryder today. Average of 22-23 kmpl in city/highway combine. No niggles so far. Touch wood. Am I happy about trading in the Yaris. Besides kmpl and some features I miss the near silent super smooth engine ( my Hyryder sounds like a tractor especially when its charging the battery on stand still and like a diesel when am driving). Have been spoilt by my Yaris and NEV. Another peeve is rear seat comfort. The angle is too erect, compund is hard and Yaris had a sink in feeling which is missing. Suspension too though not bad is not as good as Yaris. Have filled nitrogen which helps it a bit.
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed