Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 12:49   #991
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
rto tax
Mate do you have any update on up rto tax being refunded back for your hyryder purchase?

I am to get delivery of camry this month and RTO are still not updated with 0 tax on hybrid. And dealer also claims no info on such govt schemes.
Old 9th March 2023, 12:54   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
Mate do you have any update on up rto tax being refunded back for your hyryder purchase?

I am to get delivery of camry this month and RTO are still not updated with 0 tax on hybrid. And dealer also claims no info on such govt schemes.
No sir...All the information I have is from the news, and official document od schemes cleared by UP government.
I am right now at Toyota workshop noida, getting my first service. And dealer here has no information about such UP government scheme. Even neighbouring MG showroom selling pure EV has no information too.
May be we will have to wait....

I can see your location as Delhi. The scheme is offered by UP government so will apply to UP registered cars only

Last edited by drsachin : 9th March 2023 at 12:56.
Old 9th March 2023, 13:01   #993
BHPian

Quote:
I can see your location as Delhi. The scheme is offered by UP government, so it will apply to UP-registered cars only
My work place is in UP as well. So if it's confirmed, I can register it at UP instead.

I hate how these schemes are never implementated properly, and citizens always have to suffer.

If the circular had been for a hike in road tax, im sure the same would have been implemented from day 0 of the announcement.
Old 9th March 2023, 17:49   #994
BHPian

Are the Hyryder / Grand Vitara Strong hybrid variants only E10 (10% Ethanol) complaint or are they E20 (20% Ethanol) ready too. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 9th March 2023 at 17:55.
Old 9th March 2023, 20:54   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Are the Hyryder / Grand Vitara Strong hybrid variants only E10 (10% Ethanol) complaint or are they E20 (20% Ethanol) ready too. Thanks.
They've thrown the ball in owner's court.

A minimum of 91 octane petrol is recommended. The car can be plied with 20% Ethanol blend but if the owner is not satisfied with it, you need to shift to 10% blend.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_20221231_075930.jpg
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 22:32   #996
BHPian

Quote:
So if it's confirmed, I can register it at UP instead.
So let me share chronology of news.

UP cabinet cleared this scheme in oct 2022.
As per scheme there is zero roadtax and registration for EVs in UP.
There is additional subsidy of 1lakh for first 25000 buyers after the scheme is passed by the cabinet.
It specifies that this policy applies to all categories of EVs that includes BEV(Battery electric vehicles), HEV (Hybrid electric vehicles), FCEV( Fuel cell electric vehicles).

Next on 10/1/23. There was a news report that UP government after clearance of policy has still not put up official notification as the officials were busy with investors summit but its going to put up the notice soon and issue refunds to all the beneficiaries who purchased EV cars after oct 2022. Refunds to be issued Direct to bank accounts. Buyers need not apply for refunds.

Around a week back there is again news report that. UP government EV policy 2022 is finally official and RTOs are intimated about this new Road Tax exemptions on EVs and refunds would be issued soon. It again cleared doubts about the definition of EVs. EVs include all vehicles with electric motor and battery for propulsion that includes BEV, HEV and FCEV.

But as i checked today, dealers are still not aware of any such exemptions.
drsachin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:46   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
They've thrown the ball in owner's court.

A minimum of 91 octane petrol is recommended. The car can be plied with 20% Ethanol blend but if the owner is not satisfied with it, you need to shift to 10% blend.

Is there any change in the manual. Attaching an image from the manual which I've downloaded when I got my Grand Vitara Strong hybrid Alpha+ October end last year. It doesn't talk anything about 20% Ethanol. Online version of manual now shows E20 note same as above

Have the manufacturers just changed the manual and added E20 recently or any change has been done to the hybrid engine specifications too.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-smartselect_20230310_114219_acrobat-samsung.jpg  

Last edited by vvrchandra : 10th March 2023 at 12:02.
Old 10th March 2023, 12:50   #998
BHPian

Quote:

Next on 10/1/23. There was a news report that UP government after clearance of policy has still not put up official notification
Around a week back there is again news report that.
Having registered my Hyryder S Hybrid in November 2022 in Ghaziabad,U.P, I can attest to the fact that no dealer is aware of any implementation of said scheme.

In fact, I was earlier looking to register this car on a Gurgaon address in order to avail similar subsidy offered by Haryana Government. Upon entering the car's VIN in Gurgaon branch of dealership's RTO portal, a measly subsidy of 20-25,000 was on offer. Similar to U.P, Haryana government had announced a similar scheme but has not been implemented yet. So I would not be too hopeful regarding the same.
Old 10th March 2023, 13:33   #999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post

Have the manufacturers just changed the manual and added E20 recently or any change has been done to the hybrid engine specifications too.
Looking at the image shared by you, it looks very much possible that they added the 20% Ethanol blend stuff later on. I've shared image from the manual of Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid downloaded in December.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 13:15   #1000
BHPian

Quote:

As per scheme there is zero roadtax and registration for EVs in UP.
There is additional subsidy of 1lakh for first 25000 buyers after the scheme is passed by the cabinet.
It specifies that this policy applies to all categories of EVs that includes BEV(Battery electric vehicles), HEV (Hybrid electric vehicles), FCEV( Fuel cell electric vehicles).

Next on 10/1/23. There was a news report that UP government after clearance of policy has still not put up official notification as the officials were busy with investors summit but its going to put up the notice soon and issue refunds to all the beneficiaries who purchased EV cars after oct 2022. Refunds to be issued Direct to bank accounts. Buyers need not apply for refunds.

Around a week back there is again news report that. UP government EV policy 2022 is finally official and RTOs are intimated about this new Road Tax exemptions on EVs and refunds would be issued soon. It again cleared doubts about the definition of EVs. EVs include all vehicles with electric motor and battery for propulsion that includes BEV, HEV and FCEV.

I got in touch with ARTO today of Noida on phone. He claims they have updated the system for zero tax on EV vehicles from 10th march 2023, but 10% tax is still applicable on Hybrid Cars as they are not EV. When i argued with him that Hybrid cars will also be considered as EV which is mentioned in the circular, then he told me that he will check and confirm in next couple of days.
Old 11th March 2023, 15:02   #1001

Test drove the hyryder hybrid and neo-hybrid last wednesday,the hybrid was more responsive than the neo-hybrid.But the hybrid was more vocal than the neo-hybrid.Steering response was better in the hybrid.The S-variant is value for money than the Grand Vitra counterpart.
Old 11th March 2023, 15:07   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
I got in touch with ARTO today of Noida on phone. He claims they have updated the system for zero tax on EV vehicles from 10th march 2023, but 10% tax is still applicable on Hybrid Cars as they are not EV. When i argued with him that Hybrid cars will also be considered as EV which is mentioned in the circular, then he told me that he will check and confirm in next couple of days.
I have downloaded the U.P. Government Order regarding the implementation of EV Policy 2022 and it clearly states that Strong Hybrid, Plug in Hybrids and FCEVs will be considered as EVs and are covered under the policy.
Old 11th March 2023, 15:23   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush812 View Post
I have downloaded the U.P. Government Order regarding the implementation of EV Policy 2022 and it clearly states that Strong Hybrid, Plug in Hybrids and FCEVs will be considered as EVs and are covered under the policy.

Thats why i argued. Ill be approaching the RTO personally on monday with the circular. Maybe we all need to form a group in ncr and approach rto all together.

My car delivery is prepared for sunday next week. I Need to sort this out before the delivery.
Old 11th March 2023, 15:27   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Thats why i argued. Ill be approaching the RTO personally on monday with the circular. Maybe we all need to form a group in ncr and approach rto all together.

My car delivery is prepared for sunday next week. I Need to sort this out before the delivery.
The policy is applicable from 14.10.2022 so you need not worry about the tax not getting refunded. Only thing is that you will have to keep a tab on the refund and personally talk to the RTO officer. I myself will be going to Ghaziabad RTO next week to get my refund.
Old 11th March 2023, 19:22   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush812 View Post
The policy is applicable from 14.10.2022 so you need not worry about the tax not getting refunded. Only thing is that you will have to keep a tab on the refund and personally talk to the RTO officer. I myself will be going to Ghaziabad RTO next week to get my refund.
I too will go to Ghaziabad RTO for tax refund..... Actually there is 1lakh subsidy too for first 25000 buyers since oct 2022

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks