Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2023, 19:34   #1006
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush812 View Post
I have downloaded the U.P. Government Order regarding the implementation of EV Policy 2022 and it clearly states that Strong Hybrid, Plug in Hybrids and FCEVs will be considered as EVs and are covered under the policy.
Actually that document from oct 2022 will not work. Although it clearly mentions that strong hybrids (Hybrid Electric vehicles) are considered as EVs only.
But it's just the EV policy document cleared by UP Government. What we need is the official circular to the various RTOs which were released somewhere around 4 march 2023 only. This official circular also mentions clearly that HEV(Strong hybrids EVs), BEV and FCEV, PHEV are all covered in this policy as per the news report.

There is another problem. I have brought Hyryder V-Hybrid which is a strong hybrid. In the RC it is mentioned as " Petrol Hybrid". But even for mild hybrids cars too RC mention them as "Petrol Hybrids" only. There is no distinction except from Variant (V-Hybrid). Toyota should have clearly mentioned strong hybrids as "Hybrid electric vehicles " in the official document (Form 22) submitted with the RTO and not just petrol hybrids

Last edited by drsachin : 11th March 2023 at 19:35.
Old 11th March 2023, 20:14   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
Actually that document from oct 2022 will not work. Although it clearly mentions that strong hybrids (Hybrid Electric vehicles) are considered as EVs only.
But it's just the EV policy document cleared by UP Government. What we need is the official circular to the various RTOs which were released somewhere around 4 march 2023 only. This official circular also mentions clearly that HEV(Strong hybrids EVs), BEV and FCEV, PHEV are all covered in this policy as per the news report.

There is another problem. I have brought Hyryder V-Hybrid which is a strong hybrid. In the RC it is mentioned as " Petrol Hybrid". But even for mild hybrids cars too RC mention them as "Petrol Hybrids" only. There is no distinction except from Variant (V-Hybrid). Toyota should have clearly mentioned strong hybrids as "Hybrid electric vehicles " in the official document (Form 22) submitted with the RTO and not just petrol hybrids
Same circular is available at UP Govt official website.
http://shasanadesh.up.gov.in/

To check the updated road tax try here
https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...show_tax.xhtml

Look at the classification of vehicles, there is no mention of strong hybrid or hybrid only.

It seems we have to make the RTO understand to either make the Road tax for Petrol/Hybrids as Zero or to have our hybrids registered under Electric vehicle.
Old 11th March 2023, 20:50   #1008
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
http://shasanadesh.up.gov.in/

To check the updated road tax try here
https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...show_tax.xhtml

I guess what we have to do is get a signed affidavit from our respective dealers on the company's letterhead mentioned that our vehicles are classified as Strong Hybrids and they do infact work primarily on motors and on the engine, which is the primary requirement of the classification of Strong hybrids in EV category.
On a lighter note, there is always the Indian jugaad which we can apply to get our money back.
Old 11th March 2023, 21:00   #1009
BHPian

Quote:

It seems we have to make the RTO understand to either make the Road tax for Petrol/Hybrids as Zero or to have our hybrids registered under Electric vehicle.
RTO will only register vehicles under category as mentioned in Form 22 supplied by the manufacturer.

Now
The form 22 supplied with my car V-Hybrid mention vehicle as "Petrol Hybrid"
And Form 22 supplied with a mild hybrid from maruti Toyota also mention them as "Petrol Hybrid" that's the problem....

Can you share the circular you downloaded from above website. I searched but couldn't find it.

Last edited by drsachin : 11th March 2023 at 21:02.
Old 12th March 2023, 14:15   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
I have a question - can we shift to B from D or vice-versa while the car is in motion? Also, do we need to press the knob on the Gear lever while doing it?
Hi, i have attached the screen shot from the owners manual which states not to shift from D to B when engine /hybrid system is operating above idle speed .
We need to press the knob from B to D and visa versa .
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot_20230312140951.png  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot_20230312141015.png  

outlandish77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 12:36   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
R

Can you share the circular you downloaded from above website. I searched but couldn't find it.
Here is the attachment. Keep me posted on what happens mate.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UP Road Tax Notification_230313_123339.pdf (199.7 KB, 161 views)
Wizaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 14:03   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the attachment. Keep me posted on what happens mate.
Thanks mate. Now the only thing we need is endorsement from Toyota, certifying that our vehicles are "Strong hybrid electric vehicles".
Or may be we ask them to issue a new "form 22" specifying that our vehicles are categorised as Strong hybrids Electric vehicles and not just ordinary "Petrol Hybrids". They may do so through dealer end only

I will surely flash a mail to Toyota today itself.

Well done

Regards

Dr. Sachin

Last edited by drsachin : 13th March 2023 at 14:12.
Old 13th March 2023, 14:09   #1013
BHPian

Actually I must say the circular from UP government is absolutely clear. They have done a great job by clarifying everything in the circular itself. It's actually Toyota/Maruti which have created confusion.

In the past maruti/Toyota/MG have abused the subsidies provided by Government by claiming their mild Hybrid cars as "Hybrid Petrols".
Now they must clarify by issuing endorsement or new Form 22 so that actual "Strong hybrids" buyers don't suffer.
Old 14th March 2023, 00:09   #1014
BHPian

Has anyone faced the engine malfunction error in the strong hybrid. I even received the warning on my toyota app. I have sent the car to the workshop. They will diagnose and update regarding the problem. If anyone has faced the same issue kindly help. Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-025ba0427dd24a459003b60009ec6255.jpeg

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-aaf4fc01f346466ea8771b7527dabadf.jpeg
pratiksinhal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 00:22   #1015
BHPian

Is anyone facing the creaking noise from the left centre panel (the panel around the passenger-side knee area) creaking while going over uneven bumps? I am getting a creak from there. Any solutions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
Has anyone faced the engine malfunction error in the strong hybrid.
Did you experience anything abnormal before the warning?
Old 14th March 2023, 01:24   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
Is anyone facing the creaking noise from the left centre panel (the panel around the passenger-side knee area) creaking while going over uneven bumps? I am getting a creak from there. Any solutions?
I have started facing a similar issue in the past few days. I got my hyryder in Feb and it has run 1200kms at the moment. I have not been able to find the exact source of the noise yet.

In my previous cars, I have noticed that such squeaking and creaking noises seem to go away when the weather becomes hotter. Need to wait and watch to see if the same happens with hyryder as well.
perty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 09:47   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Did you experience anything abnormal before the warning?
Yes the aircon stops working.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th March 2023 at 10:15. Reason: Broken quote tags fixed
pratiksinhal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 11:17   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone facing the creaking noise from the left centre panel (the panel around the passenger-side knee area) creaking while going over uneven bumps? I am getting a creak from there.
I had creaky noise right after delivery from the showroom. The noise appear to be comming from rear seat. This sound was present even on normal road, not just bad roads. It was very irritating specially when car was in EV mode. I reported the same to the service centre Espirit Toyota Noida during first 1000km service. They immediately acknowledged the noise, and on test drive isolated left B pillar to be the source of noise. They removed the entire seat belt assembly, adjusted few bolts, and applied greese. But even then sound persisted. Later they requested the car to be kept overnight at the service centre. Next morning I got the call that the noise has been fixed. I went to the service center in the evening and did test drive, the noise was indeed gone. As per the service centre the noise was indeed from B pillar only. Few days later I could still hear some creaky sounds but it's very faint and only at bad roads also the source seem to be different now. Will report again during next 5000km service. Actually I think we notice these creaky sounds more as the car otherwise is pin drop silent in EV mode.

Last edited by drsachin : 14th March 2023 at 11:20.
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 00:52   #1019
BHPian

Does the G hybrid variant come with UV cut/resistant glass for the windshield and rear? In the brochure I did notice the mentioning of 'Green glass' for front and rear shield glasses.
Old 16th March 2023, 13:30   #1020
BHPian

Went today to check out the hyryder today after checking it first 2 months ago.
1. Noticed the rear door to close in one ago and it also felt little heavier and the door handle was also thicker. I think they changed it. has anybody noticed the same.
2. Are there any updates coming regarding the sunroof curtain in 2 months? Or any update?
Planning to book the G varient. Should I wait or go ahead with the booking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks