Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2023, 09:46   #1021
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanket299 View Post
1. Noticed the rear door to close in one ago and it also felt little heavier and the door handle was also thicker. I think they changed it. has anybody noticed the same.
The rear door is heavy and my car is a Jan 23 make.
Quote:
2. Are there any updates coming regarding the sunroof curtain in 2 months? Or any update?
What do you mean by update here? If you are talking about the accessory, then I hope it arrives soon. Besides, I have the G variant and I'm not bothered with the sunroof as the AC is a chiller.

Quote:
Planning to book the G varient. Should I wait or go ahead with the booking?
Go for it.
Ajay_the_Don is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 12:50   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Go for it.
I was originally planning for monotone cafe white strong hybrid but dealer has a Dual tone white G variant in stock and will deliver within 2 weeks if I confirm. Do you also have a dualtone?(asking for A.c performance) since the roof is black.
And by update I meant thicker sunroof curtain on newer models.
Thanks.

Also at the Maruti showroom I visited yesterday just to check on road prices, the S.A mentioned that some people with vitara strong hybrid are complaining about strange sound from engine and 1 customer had engine failure even before first service.strange. I was sceptical because he was pushing me for maruti's smart hybrid. So I just left
Owners are you facing any such issue?
Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th March 2023 at 12:59.
Old 18th March 2023, 21:21   #1023
BHPian

I modified my pulse and glide technique to finally get a mileage of 27km/L. With AC on of course.

Pulse up to desired speed and let go of the throttle to deactivate engine and get the ECO bar up to 2 dots to activate the motor. Letting go of gas especially on down slopes helps with regen.

The problem I'm now facing is that on speeds like 60 to 80 the car will not maintain the constant speed while on battery with 2 dots on the ECO. It needs at least 4 to maintain the constant speed. It rarely ever drives on battery after 2 dots. It can very well handle it because I've seen it do it a few times.
Even cruise control turns on the engine more often and isn't as eco-friendly as using it in my Honda City.

I feel like Toyota should update the firmware to optimize the hybrid system to maximise handling of the initial acceleration and maintaining constant speed by the battery more often and have a higher threshold where the engine activates.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20230318_175850.jpg

Which one should I believe? Last fill up showed 26.2Km/L using the fill up formula but ODO showed 25.6.
Currently my remaining fuel is 6 dots.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20230318_201414.jpg

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20230318_201411.jpg

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20230318_201611.jpg

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20230318_175842.jpg

Another thing that I wanted to mention is that after driving this car for so long I completely forgot what pure power feels like. I drove my Honda City after so long that a little tap on the accelerator sent it flying. Drove the Fortuner right after and man...
Hyryder's no fun to drive unless it's on power mode. The Power mode on the Hyryder feels straight out of their motor sports division. I kept up with a quick BMW X1 driver this morning. All that while still getting 31Km/For the trip .
We had fun.

I love this car. It's my Ultimate Daily, but the lack of thrill is really felt. Its too refined and that's great but
It's only when sitting in a good 4cyl ICE car makes you go full Emperor Palpatine.

Name:  uunlimitedpowerstarwars.gif
Views: 1189
Size:  417.5 KB
tjsi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 10:33   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
I have sent the car to the workshop. They will diagnose and update regarding the problem.
Hi, have you got any update regarding the issue from workshop yet? I hope its something as simple as a wire getting cut (by rodent) or some bad sensor.
TT-S is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 11:15   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone faced the engine malfunction error in the strong hybrid.
Sorry to hear this happening on a new car. We’re you able to got this resolved?
Old 20th March 2023, 14:17   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone faced the engine malfunction error in the strong hybrid. I even received the warning on my toyota app. I have sent the car to the workshop. They will diagnose and update regarding the problem. If anyone has faced the same issue kindly help. Attachment 2428762

Attachment 2428763
Got any update from Toyota? Friend is facing similar issue in his brand new Innova Hycross and sadly no answer from Toyota.
kunaldhami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 15:20   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
I have done 300kms till now , so here is my initial review..

Cons

1. AC: The summers have just started and ac feels barely adequate. Contrary to popular belief i think it's not because of the mosquito net shade but it's actually due to the Pano sunroof. It almost becomes a glass house due to big sunroof with heat entrapped beneath it.
Surprised about the AC being a con. Toyota cars generally come with a chiller of an AC.
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 01:49   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
Got any update from Toyota? Friend is facing similar issue in his brand new Innova Hycross and sadly no answer from Toyota.
Yes, the problem was resolved and I got the car back in 3 working days. According to them there was some loose connect in the wires. They were unable to identify hence it took them so long to resolve it.

I have driven for 300 kms after the solution was done and so far there has been no problem.
pratiksinhal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 16:26   #1029
BHPian

Hi, has anyone tried to get refund or exemption on the strong hybrid variant of Hyryder under the new EV policy 2022 of UP Government?
I have booked one and would like to get this sorted as dealers are pretty unaware about the whole situation.

Regards
Old 25th March 2023, 12:54   #1030
BHPian

I wrote a mail to Toyota last week asking for endorsement letter ar an updated form 22 certifying the car as "Strong hybrid electric vehicle". But so far i am yet to hear anything from Toyota. I will be going to Ghaziabad RTO this Monday / Or Tuesday to know about refund thing?.
But i have a feeling unless Toyota helps it's buyers nothing is gonna work. The RTOs will not bother to confirm from their end weather our cars are strong hybrid electric vehicles or not.
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 14:19   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
I wrote a mail to Toyota last week asking for endorsement letter ar an updated form 22 certifying the car as "Strong hybrid electric vehicle". But so far i am yet to hear anything from Toyota. I will be going to Ghaziabad RTO this Monday / Or Tuesday to know about refund thing?.
But i have a feeling unless Toyota helps it's buyers nothing is gonna work. The RTOs will not bother to confirm from their end weather our cars are strong hybrid electric vehicles or not.
I talked with Uttam Toyota Patparganj while booking the car and they are ready to give in writing that this is a different system than the earlier mild hybrid system so that we can claim tax exemptions.
Also, do tell me about the situation once you visit the RTO.
kush812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 14:52   #1032

I am planning to get a second car, primarily for city use for myself. I already own a Ciaz AT and plan to replace that with an SUV in the next couple of years.

The city car needs to be fuel efficient and low on maintenance. Thinking of getting the hyryder in S hybrid flavour. Is this variant VFM? Or should I expand the budget and get G?
I tried looking at EVs, but don't want to jump on EV wagon just yet. Thoughts?
Old 28th March 2023, 15:29   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
I went to Ghaziabad RTO today and met incharge Mr Rahul Srivastava there. The RTOs are already notified about the zero road tax on Electric vehicles including strong hybrids. They haven't started any refunds till now and likely to start refunds from Ist April 2023. They are starting zero road tax for new car registration soon.
Now he was very clear he wants official information from the manufacturer itself that the vehicle sold is "Strong hybrids Electric vehicle(HEV)". All these words are very important and he wants precise words mentioned in Form 22 itself. No other endorsement will work.

I have written two mails to Toyota customer care in last 10 days but the lazy company did not even bother to respond to my mails. No wonder companies like Toyota are performing so badly India. This is extreme lazy attitude by Toyota

If some one has the contact of a high ranking person in Toyota , please let me know. I will write the mail to him.
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 17:36   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman30 View Post
The city car needs to be fuel efficient and low on maintenance. Thinking of getting the hyryder in S hybrid flavour. Is this variant VFM? Or should I expand the budget and get G?
I tried looking at EVs, but don't want to jump on EV wagon just yet. Thoughts?
As a proud owner of an S variant, I can tell you that it is the most VFM variant. I am currently getting 26km/l and clocked about 1600 kms all in city driving only. Personally, I downgraded from G to S only because of the mesh on the sunroof. As far as maintenance is concerned, it's a Toyota!
Cruzn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 17:58   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
I went to Ghaziabad RTO today and met incharge Mr Rahul Srivastava there. The RTOs are already notified about the zero road tax on Electric vehicles including strong hybrids. They haven't started any refunds till now and likely to start refunds from Ist April 2023. They are starting zero road tax for new car registration soon.
Now he was very clear he wants official information from the manufacturer itself that the vehicle sold is "Strong hybrids Electric vehicle(HEV)". All these words are very important and he wants precise words mentioned in Form 22 itself. No other endorsement will work.
The fact that the RTO people are aware of the policy and are ready to refund the money is in itself a great news.
I have to talked to Toyota dealer and they are ready to give this in writing on Form 22 that vehicle is Strong Hybrid HEV.

Most Viewed