Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 14:11   #136
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Seems like only smart/mild hybrid variants of Grand Vitara are being dispatched to dealers everywhere. Any info when the dispatches for strong hybrid will start. Thanks.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 14:51   #137
BANNED

The price difference between zeta variant of scross ( es showroom 10.10 lakhs) and
zeta variant grand vitara ( ex showroom price itself is 13.89 lakhs!!) is around 3.8 lakhs !!

For 17 inch alloy wheels, DRL, additional 4 airbags , LED and auto head light, slightly better sound system , larger touch screen, ESP, and new design , cost of 3.8 lakhs is too expensive.Let’s see what happens with sales.

I suspect buying Delta variant and getting alloys will be VFM. If we get 67 k worth accessories ( depends on what they are offering - Better be something useful eg Electronic IVRM??) and then extended warranty, it is adequately priced. Though, it will miss out a rear wiper and defogger.

For someone looking to buy mild hybrid variant, considering VFM , Delta is best.
John s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 14:59   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Maruti Suzuki: A journey from 'kitna deti hai' to 'kitna leti hai'.
When all cars are costly now due to so many factors, why only target Maruti? Just see costing from others, Maruti is still cheaper.

I guess Grand Vitara is priced just right. Not cheap but not costly also. Whatever it offers, price is according to that only IMHO.
aniketi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 15:01   #139
BHPian

My bookings:

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara mild hybrid ZETA AT ex-showroom is 15.39 Lakhs,
Scorpio N Z4 Petrol AT ex-showroom is 15.45 Lakhs,
Scorpio N Z4 Diesel AT ex-showroom is 15.95 Lakhs.

Positive points in favour of Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara are:

- bulletproof reliability of Maruti Suzuki cars,
- easy availability of service stations,
- excellent fuel efficiency
- fairly feature loaded (additional features with respect to Scorpio N Z4 AT: power folding of ORVM, bigger ICE screen with easy operations, Auto AC, auto IRVM, more airbags, rear view camera, chrome on door opening lever, easy access to the stepney etc.).

The NEXA SA informed that the booked car has been allotted to my name. I'll try to visit their stockyard today or tomorrow to check out the reality of their stock received.

Last edited by RijuC : 26th September 2022 at 15:26.
RijuC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 15:06   #140
BHPian

Well I had booked the base variant thinking the base variant will be priced below 10lakh considering the cheap interior quality. Well, I'll have to cancel the booking now. No way I'm paying that much.
Old 26th September 2022, 15:13   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
When all cars are costly now due to so many factors, why only target Maruti? Just see costing from others, Maruti is still cheaper.

I guess Grand Vitara is priced just right. Not cheap but not costly also. Whatever it offers, price is according to that only IMHO.
Agree with your opinion. All manufacturers are expensive now a days. But, I feel, horrible part sharing is with which, people are seriously pissed off. Even after spending 24 L on a strong hybrid, I have to use interiors of Brezza and even lower segment cars. Same apply to Hyryder as well. We have Korean siblings and German siblings, their part sharing is not evident to naked eye. I don't really understand what the bosses of Suzuki and Toyota are thinking about. People have given huge market for Suzuki and still they are trying to rip off the customers.

Last edited by Hickstead : 26th September 2022 at 15:15.
Hickstead is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 15:22   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
My bookings:

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara mild hybrid ZETA AT ex-showroom is 14.39 Lakhs,
Scorpio N Z4 Petrol AT ex-showroom is 14.45 Lakhs,
Scorpio N Z4 Diesel AT ex-showroom is 14.95 Lakhs.
Correction - Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara mild hybrid ZETA AT ex-showroom is 15.39 Lakhs not 14.39 Lakhs.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th July 2023 at 16:03. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please don’t quote entire long posts where not required as it inconveniences readers on mobile devices
skumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 15:52   #143
BHPian

You want to know the best car in this segment the Hybrid twins are fighting, it's the XUV300.
Anyone wanting to buy these or the Kia ones should buy the that for a lot lesser price.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 16:04   #144
BHPian

XL6 is way value for money with respect to this one. It is having the same engine, more space with practicality, comfort and does have a good ground clearance (200mm??) and a lot cheaper too.
abh411 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 16:12   #145
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara new TVC

Subscription starts at - 27,000 per month.

Name:  20220926_161241.jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  94.6 KB

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th September 2022 at 16:14.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 16:33   #146
BANNED

Roughly with the 67K accessories and warranty the on road price will touch around 24 lakhs. A Maruti car for 24 lakhs! This comes to approx 2 lakhs costlier than the Creta top end.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th September 2022 at 16:43. Reason: Kindly avoid typing..like..this.
Old 26th September 2022, 16:34   #147
BHPian

The GV certainly looks overpriced for what it offers. However, kudos to Maruti and Toyota for bringing India's first mass market strong hybrid SUV. It's been a long wait. Even the mild hybrid variants should find decent traction with prospective buyers. However, I don't see this product topping the sales charts. After the initial spike, the sales should settle around 5000 (+/- 10%) units per months.
Old 26th September 2022, 16:43   #148
BHPian

Feature wise, the Alpha+ variant misses out on the following features when compared to the Zeta+

1. Leatherette Seats
2. Leatherette Steering Wheel
3. Ventilated Seats (Driver + Co-driver)
4. Premium Sound System
5. 360 View Camera
6. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
7. Puddle Lamp

Barring Ventilated seats and Puddle lamp, all other feature differences can be retrofitted either from the dealer directly or the car accessories shops.

I would have easily ignored the venitaled seats as well but the poor shade for the panaromic sunroof makes me think that the car might get really hot on a bright sunny day and ventilated seats may help on that account. I have tried looking up youtube videos that highlight whether this point is true, but haven't found any reviews dwelling upon this point on whether the thin shade of the panaromic sunroof affects the car cooling.

Also, I was thinking, if it was possible to put a really dark film on the sunroof to overcome the thin shade issue, but would it take away the panaromic sunroof feature completely?

Any thoughts?
Old 26th September 2022, 17:18   #149
BHPian

They had confidently overpriced the S-cross too. If I remember right, they actually sent return cheques to people who had bought at full price when they cut down the price. Sweet time to pick up the S-cross I guess - must be having some sweet discounts.
invidious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 17:21   #150

Contacted NEXA SA here in coimbatore. They have received 4 vehicles today. 3 mild hybrid MT and one mild hybrid AT. All already allotted and readying for delivery. No idea about strong hybrid yet. Also he is yet to receive the accessories list included in the pricing.
itsmystyle07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks