Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 17:34   #151
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmystyle07 View Post
Contacted NEXA SA here in coimbatore. They have received 4 vehicles today. 3 mild hybrid MT and one mild hybrid AT. All already allotted and readying for delivery. No idea about strong hybrid yet. Also he is yet to receive the accessories list included in the pricing.
What accessories are included in the prices????

The Grand Vitara Intelligent Electric Hybrid variants come with an inclusive special introductory package consisting of extended warranty till 5 years / 1 lakh km^ and a PRISTINE Genuine NEXA Accessory pack worth over Rs. 67 000.

That mean 67K is included the price so this offsets the 50K price difference.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th September 2022 at 18:08. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
nilesh111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 17:57   #152
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

I'm not an expert in judging prices of new car but I can see that Sigma variant has lot more features than Brezza.
Compare to Brezza Lxi, Sigma is a bigger car and has push button start, automatic climate control, LED Drls, projector headlamps, bigger tires, rear seat has reclining feature, rear seats have adjustable head rests, ESP, rear disc brakes, front arm rest, height adjustable driver seat, driver side auto up/down window, keyless entry, hill hold assist, etc. I'm sure I might've missed a few more. Sigma even has some features missing in Brezza vxi.

How can this be not a VFM? Am I missing to see something others are seeing or is it because of Maruti brand we've expected a lower price?

Audio system might cost another 50-60k and we are good with this variant, I guess.

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 26th September 2022 at 18:04.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 18:18   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Agree with your opinion. All manufacturers are expensive now a days. But, I feel, horrible part sharing is with which, people are seriously pissed off. Even after spending 24 L on a strong hybrid, I have to use interiors of Brezza and even lower segment cars. Same apply to Hyryder as well. We have Korean siblings and German siblings, their part sharing is not evident to naked eye. I don't really understand what the bosses of Suzuki and Toyota are thinking about. People have given huge market for Suzuki and still they are trying to rip off the customers.
Some parts are shared for sure but not like all interiors are same. If that part, like power window switch is working absolutely fine without any issue, I have no issues at all if it is same in other lower model too. That is the reason why Maruti's are super reliable and easy to maintain plus cost effective.
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 18:25   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesh111 View Post
What accessories are included in the prices????
Yet to receive the list. 50k is ex showroom price difference. On road price difference depending on state tax will come close to 60k including TCS.

Toyota’s extended warranty pack is 18k for 5 years. So effectively 40k difference between Hyryder and GV. It all depends on the value/usefulness of the accessories given.

I have booked both. However leaning more towards Toyota now cos of the price and my favourite pure black colour available in Toyota.
Old 26th September 2022, 18:38   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
You want to know the best car in this segment the Hybrid twins are fighting, it's the XUV300.
Anyone wanting to buy these or the Kia ones should buy the that for a lot lesser price.
Agree, XUV300 has excellent torque and highway performer.
VRSriram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 18:42   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Some parts are shared for sure but not like all interiors are same. If that part, like power window switch is working absolutely fine without any issue, I have no issues at all if it is same in other lower model too. That is the reason why Maruti's are super reliable and easy to maintain plus cost effective.
Agree with respect again. It is really great that you do not have any issue with the parts. But, you can not expect everyone to sit quite in this aspect.

Parts shared with lower segment cars:

1) Complete steering unit
2) Heads up display
3) Analog instrumentation console
4) Touch screen AVN
5) Gear levers
6) Wiper and indicator stalks
7) ABC pedals
8) AC unit controls
9) Power window switches
10) Same 1.5 103hp K series engine
11) Same TC gearbox.
12) I find no issue with 10 and 11 as many OEMs are sharing the drive trains, even in this case it is lethargic and with single USP of fuel efficiency.

No manufacturer has shared these many parts from their lower segment cars. Here we are asked to pay almost 20 L for mild hybrid top end and 24 L for strong hybrid top end. As a manufacturer, what exclusivity Suzuki is offering for a Grand Vitara buyer compared to a Brezza or XL6 buyer. Personally I am pissed off here a lot, as the price difference is considerably higher.

Things which can irritate the buyers like me which might not be shared from lower segment cars, but not expected in a car priced above 20 big ones.

1) Normal music system where competition is miles ahead.
2) Compromised rear seat width.
3) Compromised boot space in strong hybrid variant.
4) Thin sunroof blind.
5) Not so great engine response based on the reviews of other cars of Suzuki.
6) More oriented for a city only usage and can not satisfy the needs of a long run trips with enough baggage.

With these many shortfalls, I can very well blame this car as overpriced obviously. I find lesser shortfalls in the competition.

Last edited by Hickstead : 26th September 2022 at 19:07. Reason: Corrections
Hickstead is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 19:12   #157

Seriously Maruti? A 19.65 lakh ex-showroom Maruti, that too with just a 2 year standard warranty on the car? 'kitna deti hai' has gone too far, the new tag line is changing to 'kitna leti hai aap se'!

Not sure how others are feeling but I am surely cancelling this booking, so much different from the last time when I booked the Brezza way back in 2016 without even having seen the car in flesh. 16.89 lakhs for the AllGrip with an anemic engine, quoted FE is 19.38 km/l which means it will max out at 14-15 kmpl in the real world at best. Big daddy, where are you? Please come home quickly

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th September 2022 at 23:06. Reason: Typos & formatting.
Crazy4cars is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th September 2022, 19:45   #158
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
You want to know the best car in this segment the Hybrid twins are fighting, it's the XUV300.
Anyone wanting to buy these or the Kia ones should buy the that for a lot lesser price.
XUV300 is totally under rated and not given enough primacy at all. It is actually an excellent vehicle and a great, proven performer. Definitely very good value for money compared to all these new fangled offerings in the market.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 20:26   #159
BHPian

Can we have a comparison of Grand Vitara mild hybrid with XL6 corresoponding Alpha+ AT, which is also a premium nexa offering.
Size : Length wise XL6 beats Grand vitara, and XL6 seems to be more roomy, boot space can be freed up by folding rearmost seat. Grand Vitaras increased length has not been converted into appreciable uasble space. Very minor difference compared to lower segment Brezza.
Seating: 6 in XL6 (with Captain seats) vs 5 in GV.
Interior : Slightly better in Grand Vitara with some soft touch material.
Engine : Same K15C with hardly much difference in tuning.
Transmission : Same 6 speed AT.
Platform : Only major significant difference with XL6 being in Heartect and GV in Global C (TECT).
Safety features : XL6 misses out on additional 2 curtain airbags.
Sunroof : Yes GV has panoramic sunroof which XL6 misses out altogether (BHPians might have polarized view on this, many would appreciate the absence of Sunroof, others would miss its absence and many might have neutral viewpoint)
Wheels : 16 inch in XL6 vs 17 in GV.
Lighting: GV misses out on fog lamps.

Now, what does GV mild hybrid Alpha misses out against XL6 alpha+ : Ventilated seats, Wireless charger, HUD and TPMS.

So the most positive significant upgrade in GV is Platform, Sunroof, wheel size and extra curtain airbag. While some notable downgrade. (There might be some other minor dierences).

Pay extra 2.5 Lakhs ?

If we compare GV alpha with Brezza ZXI+AT from lower segment, the most significant practical difference would be about 40-50 L less boot space in Brezza, Panoramic vs Single Pane Sunroof, 16 vs 17 inch wheel and some interior quality.

Pay extra 3 lakhs as ex showroom price ?

I cancelled Hyryder booking and same would be the fate with GV. If only xl6 was built on Global C platform !!!
d-g-p is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 20:53   #160
BHPian

While we are discussing the shortcomings, let's not forget that the Grand Vitara is now the cheapest automatic "Super-4m" (as opposed to sub-4m) SUV in the market today, which has a proper automatic transmission.

At 13.40 lacs, the Grand Vitara Delta AT variant is reasonably well equipped, and the only real miss is the omission of rear wash/wipe, and a sunroof, if you think that's important. The closest priced rival is the Astor Super CVT at 13.48 lacs. Both are underpowered, but the 6 speed TC in the GV has a far better progressive feel than the Astor's CVT. Not to mention, the GV has proper SUV looks that I think trumps the too crossover-ish stance of the MG.
vivekgk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 20:56   #161
BHPian

Carwale shows a onroad price of 20.03 lacs for the mild hybrid top end AT. Thats around 3 lacs more than XL6 top end AT. Cant wrap my head around why such an atrocious pricing of the mild hybrid versions. I expected the top end to be lesser than 19 lacs on road in Mumbai. Waiting for my SA to communicate the official on road price list to me and if prices are what they show elsewhere, cancelling my booking. Next stop would be Nexon diesel.
T.S. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 21:52   #162
BHPian

Somehow I get the feeling that a lot of folks feeling disappointed with the Maruti GV pricing were expecting somehow that Maruti should be able to price their mid size 4.3 m SUV markedly lower than peers. Hence the comments comparing GV pricing to Nexon (from lower 4.0 m segment) or with Brezza or XUV300 (all lower segment) etc. Hence the comments like “if only XL6 was on Global C platform”, ignoring that well it’s not on global C and that does add costs or that XL6 (based on Ertiga) is a MPV and not a true SUV like GV.
If one were to compare GV to true peers we find
1) GV priced lower than Hyryder for mild hybrid variants and at par with Hyryder for Strong Hybrid variants (after adjusting for the 40k gap with 67k worth of freebies)
2) GV starts at 10.45, same as Creta and upper end for Mild is also at par with Creta. And no some people balking at top variant being 2 lac more expensive vs Creta top variant is plain ignorance of the fact you are then comparing Strong Hybrid to a non hybrid. The fuel efficiency delta should not be forgotten.

So in summary seems a lot of folks are like what pay 20 lacs for a Maruti !!! However, what that means is you never liked the Maruti brand and wanted a big discount for buying it. Well maybe the model is for those who don’t think so and clearly Maruti doesn’t either.
Carzilla is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 23:01   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
Can we have a comparison of Grand Vitara mild hybrid with XL6 corresoponding Alpha+ AT, which is also a premium nexa offering.
Starting out, this comparison seems unfair, as the XL6 is basically an extended Swift with a slightly raised suspension, while the Grand Vitara has actual SUV DNA. The AllGrip version proved to be quite impressive. Sure, the AWD hardware isn't there in the regular GV, but the suspension components, as well as the wheel positioning and the increased ground clearance has its benefits which would become apparent as soon as we get some rain and floods. The XL6 was always a people mover at core, same as the Ertiga.

Quote:
Size : Length wise XL6 beats Grand vitara, and XL6 seems to be more roomy, boot space can be freed up by folding rearmost seat. Grand Vitaras increased length has not been converted into appreciable uasble space. Very minor difference compared to lower segment Brezza.
Lengthwise, the Ciaz beats all of them, so that comparison is irrelevant. The XL6 was purpose built to be a flexible people carrier. Sure, you can increase the luggage space by flipping over the 3rd row, but then you also get one seat less than the GV.

The challenge with the GV, IMO was to ensure that there was sufficient room at the rear, while ensuring that there was also adequate boot space in the Hybrid version. Maybe they should have lengthened the entire car, but I think that would have definitely messed up the proportions.

Quote:
Engine : Same K15C with hardly much difference in tuning.
This is a valid point. This would have been the apt car to launch the 1.4 BoosterJet in India. However, MSIL is single minded on economy and the K15C is tuned for just that. Sadder is the fact that it seems to be ECU locked, and hasn't been remapped or cracked yet, and even if it were, there are very little gains to be had from the NA engine. It is at times like this that I wish MSIL had stuck with the 1.5 DDiS from the Ciaz. Paired to that 6 Speed TC, it would have been perfect.

Quote:
Now, what does GV mild hybrid Alpha misses out against XL6 alpha+ : Ventilated seats, Wireless charger, HUD and TPMS.
You could turn that around and say that the XL6 misses out on a hybrid powertrain option, full digital instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof, optional 4WD and a lot of other things, but that would be pointless, as this is an apples to oranges comparison. If you want those extra seats that the XL6 has, then all 5 seater cars are no longer in your list. Your other options then are other vehicles with more than 5 seats, like the Carens, or the Scorpio, or the Alcazar.

Quote:
So the most positive significant upgrade in GV is Platform, Sunroof, wheel size and extra curtain airbag. While some notable downgrade. (There might be some other minor differences).
Upgrade/Downgrade from what exactly? The GV isn't an upgrade to anything, as it is an all new vehicle. If anything, it would be an upgrade from a sub 4m SUV like the Brezza. In that regard, it is built on a newer, stronger platform, has a wider range of powertrain options, has better interiors, and is bigger, safer and better in every way. If you're gonna compare it with an MPV, then you might as well compare it with a sedan.

Quote:
If we compare GV alpha with Brezza ZXI+AT from lower segment, the most significant practical difference would be about 40-50 L less boot space in Brezza, Panoramic vs Single Pane Sunroof, 16 vs 17 inch wheel and some interior quality.
IF you compare the Kia Sonet GTX+ D AT and the Kia Seltos GTX+ D AT, there's a price difference of 4.65 lacs, and they differ in almost the same way. There is a premium associated with the "super-4m" SUVs for sure. You could offer the same features in the Brezza and the Vitara, and price them 4 lacs apart, and yet, people would buy the bigger car if they can afford it. It's something that you can't add in an accessory store later on. You can even buy ventilated seats as an accessory, or add a sunroof, or upgrade wheels to 17 or 18 inches, but you can't add 10cm of additional room or even 20L of additional bootspace to your Brezza or XL6. Last of all, you can't add the Swag..

Last edited by vivekgk : 26th September 2022 at 23:02.
vivekgk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 23:26   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
Hence the comments like “if only XL6 was on Global C platform”, ignoring that well it’s not on global C and that does add costs or that XL6 (based on Ertiga) is a MPV and not a true SUV like GV.
Here is a bit of controversy as to which cars are to be called true "SUV". A true "SUV" or Sport Utility vehicle" should be able to negotiate all kinds or road or terrains with some ease. This includes hilly terrain. How do we call or expect an underpowered car ( This again is subjective without any doubt) to be called as a True SUV. Any raised Car with good ground clearance are nowadays called SUV. With some being called TUV, some Crossover-SUV, and some as Recreational vehicle, the demarcation has become more difficult. Of all the Grand Vitara and Toyota Hyryder variant, only the MT "ALLGRIP" version comes closest to being called true SUV, that too with a rider : it appears to be somewhat underpowered, specially in hilly terrain or spirited driving. How is it Sporty if there is no fun in driving.
This discussion itself would open a pandora's box.
d-g-p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 00:14   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
With these many shortfalls, I can very well blame this car as overpriced obviously. I find lesser shortfalls in the competition.
I strongly agree with you on all the points but where Maruti is playing is by giving some features which were never in that price segment.
For example 3 headrest across all variants
All disc brakes
It's one of the cheapest suv with 6 airbags

I am too pissed with the pricing and i thing it's 2 lakh over priced for Zeta but have no other choice if someone wants car of this size with safety rating of 4 and 6 airbags

I wish MG Astor would have performed well to keep other brands in check.

How can MG offer such a better value for money but not anyone else.
AnujKapur is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks