Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 09:36   #196
BANNED

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Anyone got any idea when delivery of Strong Hybrid is going to commence? 2 Dealers say from November; I mean Dusshera round the corner and Diwali. If deliveries can't be made on these 2 most auspicious days, I mean how can Maruti be so carefree? Mild Hybrid MT and AT allotment starts from today, so the next 10 days deliveries will start as per my dealer. Can seniors get any details on eCVT deliveries?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2023 at 11:26. Reason: Fixed.
Old 29th September 2022, 10:38   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesh111 View Post
Anyone got any idea when delivery of Strong Hybrid is going to commence?
I was at a Nexa dealer in Chennai yesterday and the message was that the strong hybrid TD cars are in transit.

Similar story from Toyota based on my exchange last week. Test drive of strong hybrids are to commence in Chennai next week (subject to registration). Deliveries at the Toyota end are expected from the 2nd week of October (a couple of references from earlier messages as well that delivery allocations are towards the end of the first week). As a caveat, Toyota dealers across India do not (yet) seem to be focusing on the Hyryder as much as the Maruti dealers are and this position can change.

I am drawing more confidence from the Maruti dealers that July bookings are likely to be fulfilled in October.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2023 at 11:27. Reason: Fixed quoted post.
Audik75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 16:38   #198
BANNED

Suddenly this thread has gone dead.....Nbpdy seems to be interested in GV anymore ...
Old 29th September 2022, 18:51   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesh111 View Post
Suddenly this thread has gone dead.....Nbpdy seems to be interested in GV anymore ...
The pricing has dampened everyone's mood. The Tiago EV thread on the other hand is in top gear.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 19:20   #200
BHPian

The NEXA Sales person today shared a revised price list of Grand Vitara. Few cost components have been reduced in this revised list. This is for Gurgaon location.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-screenshot_202209291917282.png  

RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 23:04   #201
BHPian

Booked an MT mild hybrid on July 15th. Got a call from Nexa showroom today saying the car can be made available in 10 days. I asked if I can get an AT instead of MT and the sales rep was like, “Sure, I can get you a car in 20 days.” He said he has some surplus stock. Could this be because of cancellations? I think it’s quite atrociously priced anyway. So going to back out mostly.

Last edited by creative420 : 29th September 2022 at 23:05. Reason: Spello
Old 30th September 2022, 00:03   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Booked an MT mild hybrid on July 15th. Got a call from Nexa showroom today saying the car can be made available in 10 days. I asked if I can get an AT instead of MT and the sales rep was like, “Sure, I can get you a car in 20 days.” He said he has some surplus stock. Could this be because of cancellations? I think it’s quite atrociously priced anyway. So going to back out mostly.
I have a similar date booking for the AWD. Which dealer did you book at in Bangalore.
Old 30th September 2022, 07:48   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I have a similar date booking for the AWD. Which dealer did you book at in Bangalore.
Nexa Sarjapur. They told me they are calling all customers. Did you book directly via dealer or through nexa website?
Old 30th September 2022, 10:37   #204
BHPian

My SA just called. The smart hybrid Zeta AT which I booked in August first week has been allotted. I was not expecting this for another 2 3 months atleast as I had booked after 30k+bookings had been achieved.

Are there so many cancellations?
Old 30th September 2022, 10:59   #205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
My SA just called. The smart hybrid Zeta AT which I booked in August first week has been allotted. I was not expecting this for another 2 3 months atleast as I had booked after 30k+bookings had been achieved.

Seems Maruti manufactured are being delivered, no news on Strong Hybrid versions, I had Booked on July 13th and my dealer still cannot tell me when can I get it.
Old 30th September 2022, 11:00   #206
BHPian

Quote:
The smart hybrid Zeta AT which I booked in August first week has been allotted. I was not expecting this for another 2 3 months atleast as I had booked after 30k+bookings had been achieved.

I presume many have booked both Hyryder and Grand Vitara (including myself). One of the two has to be cancelled in any case. Those who are extremely unsatisfied with pricing are going to cancel both. So, yes! Significant numbers of cancellations are on cards according to me.
Old 30th September 2022, 11:03   #207
BHPian

As expected, potential customers seem to be making a bee line towards the exit door after the price announcement. Anyone looking to purchase this product, should wait for the year end discounts and offers to start pouring in. Maruti has clearly overestimated the "willingness to pay" for the GV. However, I do expect a course correction to follow within a few weeks (max a couple of months).
Old 30th September 2022, 11:05   #208
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Probably. The higher price tag has put many off it seems, I had just enquired on the car and as many as 5 dealerships called citing quick delivery due to cancellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
As expected, potential customers seem to be making a bee line towards the exit door after the price announcement. Anyone looking to purchase this product, should wait for the year end discounts and offers to start pouring in. Maruti has clearly overestimated the "willingness to pay" for the GV. However, I do expect a course correction to follow within a few weeks (max a couple of months).
If that is indeed the case, the car will be a 'true" successor to the S-Cross in terms of sales. The Hybrids seem a bit overpriced and the Mild-Hybrids feel underpowered for a car of its size. Pricing for all the variants of the Grand Vitara isn't enticing either. The Hyryder S Hybrid seems to be the only variant which feels worth the money.

Last edited by vb-saan : 30th September 2022 at 12:17. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 11:14   #209
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Probably. The higher price tag has put many off it seems, I had just enquired on the car and as many as 5 dealerships called citing quick delivery due to cancellations.
I had a similar experience as well, the salesmen at the dealership themselves agree that the prices are a bit high. Cancelled by booking and am now looking at alternatives.
yedukrishnan199 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 11:49   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
If that is indeed the case, the car will be a 'true" successor to the S-Cross in terms of sales.
Unfortunately I have held back on a car purchase long enough and need to move now so one of the two it is given my use case. A question to ask. If we believe this is going the s-cross path is it better to go with Maruti than Toyota?

Most Viewed