Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2022, 00:56   #226
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
If its not Vitara, then yes I will back to booking one of the korean twins. Most likely the Creta.

I liked the looks of Seltos but given that the IVT automatic does not come in the topmost variant, I am planning to go with Creta. Not only does the top variant of Creta is available in the IVT transmission, but also it gets many of the features that are missing in the Alpha Automatic variant. They both cost the same but the Vitara misses out on the ventilated seats, air purifier, premium speaker system etc.
Same conundrum here my friend. Plus Creta IVT sits at a waiting period of 60 weeks. So that option is pretty much out for me. Would love to have your say on experience of driving GV Mild hybrid versus Korean twin IVT.

Keep us updated on what car you finally end up with.
Old 1st October 2022, 02:35   #227
BHPian

Both the Grand Vitara & the Hyryder will come factory fitted with the Apollo Apterra Cross tyres. Would anyone be able to confirm if these tyres are as good as Apollo claims them to be?

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...tyres/2697045/

Last edited by Sheel : 10th October 2022 at 08:45. Reason: GV = Grand Vitara, no acronyms please.
Old 1st October 2022, 10:02   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Plus Creta IVT sits at a waiting period of 60 weeks.
Woah ....Is that true? I thought all dealers mention 6-8 months but deliver the car within 3-4 months? I got calls from Hyundai dealers a couple of times (mostly for DCT variant but one time for IVT top variant). This was because the customer who booked the variant either did not proceed with the allotment or could not arrange a loan for the car.

I had rejected the offer because I had already booked the Vitara plus it was the white color which I was not interested.
Old 1st October 2022, 10:30   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Woah ....Is that true? I thought all dealers mention 6-8 months but deliver the car within 3-4 months?
That's the status I got here in Gurgaon. It may be different in Hyderabad.
Seltos is being delivered within 3 months. But it only comes in one trim in IVT.
Old 1st October 2022, 11:18   #230
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The official waiting times are definitely too high, but dealers usually tend to deliver much before that. For example, in my state, the Petrol Seltos is readily available, while there is an official waiting period of over 6 months for the Diesel Seltos, however they are usually delivered in 3-4 months.

The Grand Vitara and the Hyryder are definitely getting allotted/delivered quite quickly, atleast in my district and dealerships have offered me delivery immediately (for some variants) or within a month (maybe it's due to cancellations).
Old 1st October 2022, 11:30   #231
BHPian

I have a booking for the smart hybrid ZETA AT (booking date 22nd July). Between 26th and 28th September I was asking my SA for the final price and TD availability. He couldn't offer me any TD, neither could show the vehicle in their stockyard (they didn't allow me to visit their stockyard at Shubhash Chawk, Gurgaon). Initially the OTR price was inflated, which I shared here in my earlier post.

On 29th September, the SA sent me the revised OTR breakup. ZETA AT OTR is now reduced to 18 lakhs (rounded up). I have posted this revised price list also. Along with the revised price list, he shared two pictures of a Splendid Silver colour GV. The SA informed that car has already been allotted. Yesterday (30th September), a senior Sales Executive called me up (Mr. Deepak Khatana, Competent NEXA, Sector 34, Gurgaon) to enquire what is my plan to take the delivery. I said since I am out of station I can't visit them right now. I need a TD of the GV before finalizing the car. Mr. Deepak, the senior Sales executive denied the TD.

Next, I said that my booking (rather pre-booking) was on 22nd July before the price reveal. The final price came out only on 26th September, and it is way above my budget. Before I could conclude my statement, he said that he would arrange a refund and asked my bank details. I find their behaviour very rude, high handed and unacceptable. I replied to him that you are behaving like cheap property dealers who ask the customers for the down payments without even showing the apartments. Further, I added that since the initial OTR has been revised by them to 18 lakhs now, I need to understand the entire breakup and whether there is any room for further optimization, for example, without any accessories pack etc. However Mr. Deepak was insisting on the refund and cancellation. Hence I replied that, okay you can go ahead with the cancellation and refund of the pre-booking amount if his NEXA Dealership decides to do so. I have neither initiated the cancellation nor asked for the refund at this moment. I need to go back to Gurgaon (between 8-10 October) and take the TD, understand the price break-up and then I can decide whether to go ahead or cancel the plan for GV. The tele-conversation ended there.

Altogether, I felt these competent NEXA dealership guys are too much high handed nowadays. Attaching the photographs of the splendid silver colour GV here.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220929wa0021.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220929wa0049.jpg  

Last edited by RijuC : 1st October 2022 at 11:37.
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 12:18   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Altogether, I felt these competent NEXA dealership guys are too much high handed nowadays. Attaching the photographs of the splendid silver colour GV here.
I 100% agree with the arrogance and high-handedness of these NEXA guys. I booked the Strong Hybrid on the 13th of July, and the NEXA dealer guys were not yet in a position to tell me when I will get the car.

Then I complained on the next website, and the next day got a call from Nexa, the lady was trying to explain to me how the process is and blah blah. Now, this is my 8th Maruti car and yet, I was listening to her nonsense.

But one statement that she made just made me go full throttle and give it back to her. She was like explaining that they have been allowed 8 cars and she has to distribute the cars between their 2 showrooms. She started telling me my booking was 4th on their list hence they can't confirm if I will be allotted the car. So when I told her she is lying plainly and when I had booked my car on the 13th through the Nexa website and on the 15th, the dealer called me up to do the needful with documents, my number was 2nd on the list as old by the SA. I am assuming the 1st booking must be their own dummy booking, which most dealers do. While this argument was going on, I asked her how many booked before me. She told me they have had bookings since June and I was like, the website for booking went live from 11th July. How did you start taking bookings in June when no official info existed? But she was still persistent with this stupid statement of her's.

The helpline of Nexa is useless. From the SM, you get a fixed autoreply. Seems like not many are cancelling as we are assuming from this forum.

I am sure Maruti must've done enough research to come out with this pricing.

Hope people get deliveries during Dusshera and Diwali. You call up any Nexa dealer and the SA, on asking for GV details, just says, "6 months waiting period."

Seems strong sales of cars in general have made the dealers arrogant, because earlier, they used to beg and literally be on their knees so that you buy the car. Very different scenario today.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st October 2022 at 19:06. Reason: Quoted text trimmed; edited for better readability
nilesh111 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st October 2022, 12:32   #233
BHPian

I don't know how and which dealers are committing one month for delivery of the Vitara if booking is done now. This is because, as per my sources, Toyota is barely able to meet back orders even while they have ramped up to peak volumes production. Also, even now they are ravaged by parts supply issues especially for the Strong Hybrids.
Old 1st October 2022, 12:58   #234
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
Both the GV & the Hyryder will come factory fitted with the Apollo Apterra Cross tyres. Would anyone be able to confirm if these tyres are as good as Apollo claims them to be?
I use Apollo Apterra AT2 tyres on my Gypsy and they are fantastic - soft and pliant ride handles bad roads very well. M+S snow rated too. The Cross should, I expect, deliver well, based on their research and engineering labs in Scandinavia and the new material compounds that goes into their new tyres. I like mine better than the Yoko Geo 102s I had earlier.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 14:24   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara hybrid real world fuel economy as tested by ACI:

Quote:
the Grand Vitara strong hybrid achieved a staggering 23.77kpl in the city, which is the highest among all the cars we have tested to date, across all segments. Its highway efficiency was a bit lesser, at 20.39kpl, which is still very impressive compared to its rivals.
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-20221001105045_untitled.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 20:10   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I use Apollo Apterra AT2 tyres on my Gypsy and they are fantastic - soft and pliant ride handles bad roads very well. M+S snow rated too. The Cross should, I expect, deliver well, based on their research and engineering labs in Scandinavia and the new material compounds that goes into their new tyres. I like mine better than the Yoko Geo 102s I had earlier.
I echo the same. I used 235/60 R16 Apterra AT2 tyres on my recent Zanskar trip and they were fabulous. Very pliant and very good grip levels. I have earlier used Yokos and I found these better at braking and overall grip levels.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 08:18   #237
BHPian

Did any forum member receive their Grand Vitara? How is the experience with this car? I am particularly interested to know the passengers' feedback for the broken city roads or under construction roads.
Old 2nd October 2022, 10:16   #238
Senior - BHPian

Dropped by to checkout the Grand Vitara at a near by Nexa showroom. What I saw was a carefully thoughout product that is capable of rocking the leader board in this segment. The mix of features, what it does and doesn't offer is not a mistake or an ommission by any stretch of imagination.

Name:  3 quarter.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  69.3 KB

For starters, the design while not in your face has enough flair to keep things interesting. The rear design is definitely the stand out. For me I liked the strong shoulder line that forms a ledge just below the window line. This actually starts right from the front fender behind the tail light and continues right around the back over the tail lamps. The front has the right touches starting from the big air dam to give the requisite SUV face. I love the DRL treatment which double as indicators. However the actual headlamp treatment could have been better. They looks like fogs in this respect. Come to think of it, I could not find any provision for foglamps. Also perhaps a little too much front overhang for my personal taste.

Name:  rear.jpg
Views: 1555
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  side 1.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  64.0 KB

What I also liked is that Maruti have not gone overboard with chrome. Even in the front the massive chrome strips are offset by the expanse of black grill to provide the right balance. The cladding too is tastefully done and from a side profile the 17 inch wheels provide good balance to the body. It definitely does not look under-tyres like the previous generation XL-6 did. with all the accents, this car will look smashing in white in my opinion. The alloy design is also far removed from those staid Maruti fare in the past.

Name:  side 2.jpg
Views: 1645
Size:  57.7 KB

The interiors while a step-up from the Maruti fare with the soft leather inserts, the toggle shaped button elements and the layering of the dashboard, does not exude that premiumness that KIA or the Creta do. However it would be good to remember that this has always been the case right from the days of the Santro till date. I like the steering wheel which looks compact and without the large expanse of grey plastic on the horn pad as on my 2017 Baleno. Unfortunately the top end Alpha variant was not on display so I could not check out the panoramic sun roof. Another great feature is that the steering wheel adjusts for both rake and reach. Lot of SUVs have only the rake adjustment.

Name:  interior.jpg
Views: 1637
Size:  76.0 KB

Individual reading lamps for rear passengers is a good touch.

Name:  rearlamps.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  30.2 KB

I think Maruti should definely invest some R&D in their power window buttons! While they do the job, I am tired of seeing them since the days of my Swift VDI.

The rear seat offers enough leg room and is comfortable enough. The large glass area also provides a sense of space especially with the quarter glass as well. However I echo the general opinion that the cabin is a little down on width. I am not sure it would be as comfortable as my Baleno with two car seats and a passenger in the middle. What is commendable is that Maruti has made it an authentic 3 seater by providing a three point belt for the middle passenger as well. Especially for dads like me who are forces to relegate baby seats to the two sides when only a lap belt is provided for the middle seat.

The boot is well shaped. At 380 litres it's not going to win any awards but it's big enough and well shaped. What I would have liked a bit more is perhaps more depth. The spare wheel is at 17 inch on a steel rims. So no spacesaver nonsense with a size smaller.

Name:  bootspace.jpg
Views: 1626
Size:  55.8 KB

With the All-Grip and strong hybrid versions I feel Maruti provides enough differentiation on the mechanical side to keep things interesting. I don't think that the 1.5 litre engine will be a put-off for many buyers either given that the Seltos HTX with it's 1.5 petrol is the bigger contributor to the Seltos sales. It's just 10 bhp and 8nm up on the GV's power. While personally it does not cut it for me, I don't think it's not going to be a turn off for a lot of buyers. Depending on which variant you opt for it undercuts the HTX by 20,000 to 90,000 rupees. This is going to be an interesting battle.

While I did not get a price list, the SA mentioned that it would be around 20 lakhs on-road for the Alpha All Grip, 22 lakhs for the Zeta+ strong hybrid and 24 lakhs for the Alpha+ strong hybrid.

Now Maruti can we please have that delicious 1.4 boosterjet with All Grip as an RS version!

Drive on,
Shibu
Attached Images

Last edited by shibujp : 2nd October 2022 at 10:30.
shibujp is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 08:49   #239
BHPian

How does the rear seat comfort of the GV compare to the Kushaq, Taigun, Seltos or Creta? We felt the rear seat was raised (to accommodate the battery pack?) which probably lowered headroom making it claustrophobic (also aided by Black interiors). This also gave the sense that shoulder room was limited and 3 adults in the rear didn’t seem a realistic option unless people were ok to travel with some discomfort. Question from the wife was if it was worth throwing 24L on a Maruti with this compromise? What also didn’t help was the Baleno rear seat appeared more spacious. Didn’t really have a good answer I am afraid and hence seeking a comparison to the other crossover / SUVs. While the GV / Hyryder tick most boxes this appears a compromise.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd October 2022 at 08:57. Reason: Typo edited
Old 3rd October 2022, 09:41   #240
Senior - BHPian

At 10.45L for the base Sigma variant which has nearly all the essential features and some premium ones like UV cut green glass, Push Button start, Auto AC, Chrome door handles, Sliding armrest with storage , tilt and telescopic Steering, Electric fold and adjust outside mirrors, Rear defogger and even company fitted Steering mounted controls for the music system that you would be fitting anyways, I feel Maruti has a real winner in hand.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-maruti-grand-vitara-sigma-interior.jpg

The reliability, economy and peace of mind of this 1.5 engine is unparalleled; and comes with a fantastic AC unlike the overhyped VAG quadret. Add a custom Music system from Pioneer or Kenwood with 6 quality speakers (30-40K), a chrome gear lever knob (350 bucks... lolz), maybe a rear charging socket, Philips led bulbs (6k) for the projector headlights and a boot light (see my Baleno mods post) and you are set with the best-in-class value for money package, till the full EV's arrive at a more reasonable price point.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 3rd October 2022 at 09:50.
dkaile is online now   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks