Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2022, 10:39   #286
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. GV, ANHC, MS, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars or their makers. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name.

This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 17:31   #287
BHPian

I have booked an Alpha Allgrip and among the accessories listed are an acrylic paint sealant for Rs. 7010, an antirust coating for Rs. 5990 and a silencer coating for Rs. 3000.
Can any of you, with experience in these items, advise if they are necessary and if so, would it be better to get these done outside rather than from the dealer?
How does the acrylic paint sealant fare over time and is it easy to remove the old coating and replace it with a fresh coat if necessary?
Any experience would be appreciated.

Last edited by FarPatel : 8th October 2022 at 17:32.
Old 9th October 2022, 17:35   #288
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if deliveries for the strong hybrid variants (Zeta plus and Alpha plus) of Grand Vitara commenced anywhere in India. Haven't seen any delivery videos on YouTube too. No information on the same even from showroom too.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 9th October 2022 at 17:37.
Old 9th October 2022, 20:18   #289

Just test drove the Strong Hybrid. Completely agree with the Team-Bhp review about the noise of the Hybrid system present in the front row and occassionally going all the way to the 2nd row.

Also noticed the ventilated seats made a hell lot of noise in the cabin. They were one of the biggest sore points for me. Happy with other stuff but ventilated seats had a loud voice of their own. Very disappointed by this. I may downgrade to the Zeta+ or may just go for the city hybrid.
Old 9th October 2022, 20:46   #290

Dear Sir,

kindly tell us how many kilometers did the Lexus run on pure electric mode from your experience and is there a pure EV mode?
Old 9th October 2022, 22:31   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Can anyone confirm if deliveries for the strong hybrid variants (Zeta plus and Alpha plus) of Grand Vitara commenced anywhere in India. Haven't seen any delivery videos on YouTube too. No information on the same even from showroom too.
Went to the Nexa Gurgaon showroom and they were delivering an alpha + car today. Was told that they are clearing bookings done upto 18 th July. So it’s 20 week waiting for fresh bookings
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 07:13   #292
BHPian

I had a chance to check out a static display Grand Vitara at Nexa, Yelhanka yesterday. While there were 3 display vehicles (2 strong hybrid alpha+ and one mild hybrid sigma), none were available for test drive.

The SA indicated that test drives will start next month as some permissions are pending. Reading posts here seems to indicate test drives are happening. Not sure why this showroom hasn’t secured permissions yet.

Also indicated timelines were 6 months waiting for mild hybrid automatic and strong hybrid.
Old 10th October 2022, 10:29   #293
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick test drive impression.

I test drove the Alpha+ AWD manual yesterday. We were 4 people including the Nexa SA.

The gear lever is too high and is uncomfortable to hold and change gears. You can't have your elbow resting on the centre console and change gears. Your wrist has to be twisted upwards since the gear lever Knob is too high.

The clutch is springy and has substantial travel. I had leg strain build up within a short distance in bumper to bumper traffic.

Interiors and AV system are reasonably good for the price. Quite responsive and offer a plethora of information.

Sound quality is below average with highs muffled and weak bass.

Feels quite cramped with 4 people in the car, especially the rear with it's narrow bench.

Now the big question. How does it perform, well...

The is absolutely no punch in the engine. With four people in the car of average build there was no response to the acceleration even if I smashed the accelerator down in second gear. Yes that's how badly the engine is derived of fuel.

I tried it two or three times and there was no effect of the car acceleration even if I put the foot down pedal to metal in second gear.

I tried the sports mode as well hoping something magical will happen but alas no such good luck.

The car is definitely only and only for people who have only fuel efficiency in mind. I wonder why Maruti even bothered to put AWD in it. There is no grunt in the car and neither does the engine even try to pull.

On hills and highways with 4 people this will struggle a lot and could actually be dangerours.

It's would have been a good car but for the powertrain that is extremely weak.
Traveler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 10:53   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

On hills and highways with 4 people this will struggle a lot and could actually be dangerours.

So sad to hear your experience, as a person who booked both Grand Vitara and Hyryder. I was eagerly waiting for these cars from early 2022, expecting to be a good alternative for Koreans. Not driven the cars yet, but seriously disappointed by the drive reviews.

Last edited by Hickstead : 10th October 2022 at 10:55.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 11:14   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
So sad to hear your experience, as a person who booked both Grand Vitara and Hyryder. I was eagerly waiting for these cars from early 2022, expecting to be a good alternative for Koreans. Not driven the cars yet, but seriously disappointed by the drive reviews.
On Mild-Hybrid variants, this was largely expected. Heavier cars with the same drivetrain.
The drive-reviews from Hybrid variants do fare better in terms of power delivery.
Old 10th October 2022, 11:22   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
On Mild-Hybrid variants, this was largely expected. Heavier cars with the same drivetrain.
The drive-reviews from Hybrid variants do fare better in terms of power delivery.
But Hybrid variants will suffer from weak NVH as three pot is not at all as refined as a regular 4 pot engine. As the usage increases, the engine noise also increases as a general characteristic with all the IC engines. They can play as many games as they want if they are selling at lower price points. We have to pay 24 L OTR for a 3 pot engine where FE is the only USP. Not able to accept this at all imho.

Last edited by Hickstead : 10th October 2022 at 11:34.
Old 10th October 2022, 11:23   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
I am really disappointed, having booked in July I was expecting this to be atleast mildy powerful to pull off the AWD gear. Frankly there has been no good SUV from Maruti since the original Grand Vitara of the early nineties. The car does absolutely no justice to the name plate. It's a disgrace.
Old 10th October 2022, 11:25   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Just a quick test drive impression.

I test drove the Alpha+ AWD manual yesterday. We were 4 people including the Nexa SA.

That's extremely disappointing to hear. I was hoping to see more promising results from the test drives. I'll have to seriously rethink my choice, since I have booked an Alpha Allgrip MT myself.
Was there a typo in your description of the car above? The AWD is available in only the Alpha, not the Alpha+, in which the only option is the e-CVT.
Old 10th October 2022, 11:30   #299
Senior - BHPian

Merged consecutive posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
Perhaps, but the Strong Hybrids do not have the AWD option. As it is the AWD was being offered only with 5 speed manual and even then it just doesn't have the juice. With this kind of engine tuning I fear the engine may not even last long since it's running on a very lean fuel map which is never good in the long run.

There is a basic minimum calorie requirement for everyone, go below that and you will start loosing weight and ultimately if you don't stop you will collapse.

That's what I felt driving the Grand Vitara, it will probably transform into a Grand Khatara quite soon.

I found this review from V3 Cars to be the most honest I found that it echoes what I felt in my drive.

He is obviously very polite in his comments as compared to my reactions.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th October 2022 at 23:44.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 11:48   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I tried the sports mode as well hoping something magical will happen but alas no such good luck.
The Sports mode is for the power distribution in the AWD system I believe. Won't have any difference in engine performance , but may feel difference during hard cornering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks