Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2022, 14:34   #361
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhav7286 View Post
Update on the Grand Vitara

The accessories that were fitted by Autoworld Nexa Jamshedpur have started getting peeled off. When I contacted the dealership, they are dilly dallying and a certain Quality person from the dealership states that this is how it is with all Grand Vitaras delivered and they will rectify it when I come to their service center. Definitely not the kind of experience I would expect from a 20L+ car. Maybe I should have stuck with some of the other premium brands. Maruti might have made a vehicle in that price bracket, but its dealers dont know how to deal with a premium customer.

Attachment 2372402
Its Motorworld Nexa and not Autoworld Nexa
anubhav7286 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 14:58   #362
BHPian

Yesterday I could manage to do a test drive of the new Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid version at NEXA PASCO, Platina Building, Sikanderpur, MG Road, Gurgaon. Big thanks to BoneCollector for referring this dealership. Their quoted cost sheet is much better than my earlier dealership NEXA Competent, Sohna Road (I am yet to receive the cancellation refund amount).

The test drive was for approximately 28 minutes in the Pahari rasta (Gurgaon-Faridabad Gwalpahari road), covering about 18 km in total.

Gear lever: The gear lever was very hard to shift. I pressed the front facing button and then moved the lever. However, I had to flex my muscle considerably. Earlier I had the TD for XL6, new Brezza, Skoda Kushaq 1.0, Scorpio N, Creta CVT, drove my colleague's urban cruiser; and none of the AT lever was so hard to shift. Was this faced by anyone who own/ had TD of this car/ Toyota hyryder with e-CVT?

Engine, Electric motor and driving experience: When I started the car, it perhaps started on electric mode. It was absolutely silent. However, when I started from standstill when traffic lights turned green, there was an audible typical electric motor whin from the engine bay. I think this will be more pronounced in long run. During hard acceleration the engine noise was audible, but it was not coarse.

I asked the SA to put it on eco-mode, and it was left on eco-mode for the entire duration of the TD. The acceleration was smooth and linear. Did couple of overtakes safely at 70-80 kmph speed. I drove it at a maximum speed of 85 kmph. The engine was little vocal during these overtakes.

My 2016 model Swift feels little better at the turnings than the new Grand Vitara.

e-CVT: This was the real reason to try the test drive of the strong hybrid variant. After going through the YouTube tutorial video of the e-CVT transmission posted in this/ hyryder thread few days ago, I was very keen to drive this one. It was absolutely butter smooth, no jerks, no CVT like feeling in this e-CVT. The acceleration was linear and I couldn't feel any electro-mechanical movements happening inside the transmission mechanism. In all other cars mentioned above, I could feel something is happening/ shifting when I accelerate (new Brezza TC AT and Kushaq 1.0 TC AT were the best with minimum jerk). Creta CVT felt like it was getting lost somewhere when I pressed A-pedal. I would suggest forum members to try a TD of this e-CVT and share their experiences (I am not that experienced in Automobiles).

Suspension: It felt hard. I took the car through some broken patches beyond the tarmac road edge with permission from the SA. It was definitely better than my present car and many other cars. Kushaq 1.0 AT felt better (I did the same during the TD on this route). Scorpio N Petrol AT was much better on the same broken patches. Over rumble strips, this car was good, comparable to Kushaq.

Steering: Steering felt lighter than my Swift. Steering of Swift gets considerably firm at the turns and twisties of the same road section, which I like. However, the steering is not superlight like Scorpio N.

Ergonomic issues: All ergonomical flaws and issues have already been covered in earlier posts, test drive feedbacks and the wonderful review. It's just repetition of the same. Driver's left leg and knee rubs against central console wall, co-passenger's right knee hits the rounded corner of the central console, inadequate thigh support, narrow seat width due to excessive cushioning, and the inadequate headroom. Now, with this strong hybrid variant's sunroof I didn't have any problem of headroom in the driver's/ co-passenger's seat. When I shifted to 2nd row, my head banged against the sunroof cavity edge and the sunshade. A 6 feet passenger can't sit upright. Earlier I posted my photographs with available (adequate) headroom in 2nd row in the ZETA non-sunroof variant.
Visibility was good, except the narrow and obstructed rear windscreen. Also, I found the IRVM is little closer to my eye and eats away the clear view area. Not a big problem because I quickly got used to it.

Bootspace: Apparently, I need a bigger bootspace if I go for a longer trip for 7 days+. Need a real life review with some suitcase and bags etc. A single level of the boot floor would have helped. The SA denied to show me the battery pack. I wanted to see whether it is our product (our products are usually durable, even under rough usage; and hence costlier).

Overall, I feel the strong hybrid variant is a good product with excellent e-CVT and too many economical issues which we do not usually associate with a car designed and manufactured by Japanese Automobile company. I do not go beyond legal limits of the roads/ highway/ expressway; hence I don't care whether it can pull at 150-160 kmph all the day. [Usually I start few minutes in advance to reach the destination before the committed schedule, or inform the other parties about the possibility of delay if I start late.]

Last edited by RijuC : 27th October 2022 at 15:00.
RijuC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 10:17   #363
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India review is out comparing the Grand Vitara vs Creta vs Seltos - Hybrid, Petrol or Diesel?

tj123 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 15:48   #364

Suzuki India is building mileage specific cars, the capability to negotiate for better prices with Vendors is only leading to lower quality.

I belive only those who want to upgrade to SUV and driving more in city will buy it.

My plan is to invest in a SUV and was waiting for this launch, not happy with this product.

Will book a Harrier MT Z+, for city I will use Baleno Alph AGS 2022 and for Highway drives, it will be Harrier.
Ram35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 18:30   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Grand Vitara gets 75,000 bookings since its launch, a third of the bookings are of the strong hybrid.

More SUV- type products at the Auto Expo and later in 2023 and 2024.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th October 2022 at 18:39.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 20:08   #366
BHPian

As per this article Grand Vitara garners over 2 lakh bookings !

It seems they are combined bookings of G.vitara & Brezza.

Link :

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...hargava-426167
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-7c11100d064445c581e5bd3d950667ab.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 28th October 2022 at 20:20.
Old 28th October 2022, 20:16   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
As per this article Grand Vitara garners over 2 lakh bookings !

Link :

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...hargava-426167
Bullet has likely an error, further down below in the article it is said:
Quote:
The company introduced the second-generation Brezza compact SUV in June, and followed it up with its foray into the growing midsize SUV segment with the Hyundai Creta rivaling Grand Vitara in September. Maruti Suzuki has already secured over 2 lakh bookings of these SUVs.
Implying combined booking of Brezza and Grand Vitara is 2L
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 22:53   #368
BHPian

Autocarindia has now corrected the typo-error !!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-cf88eec2cbeb412f9e5944e480dea893.png  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-c0c3f401451840b4860732654e69a04f.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 18:25   #369
BHPian

Re: Brought home the Grand Vitara Hybrid

Quote:
I brought home the Grand Vitara Hybrid Zeta+ yesterday. I had been in the car buying zone for almost a year and finally settled on this
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Wishing you many many miles of fun. The car looks graceful in this shade. I get the feeling, the Grand Vitara has better shades than the Hyryder.

I have a booking for the Zeta+ in Nexa Blue. Haven't decided on my purchase though.

BTW, did you get the 65k odd bonus that Maruti announced for launch customers? If yes, what does that translate to?
Old 29th October 2022, 21:53   #370
Senior - BHPian

Booked the Sigma MT variant, this will be purely for 4 lane highway and city use, we have other cars to take care of more challenging road trips. At 12.4L this is a hard to beat deal(we were to book Baleno Alpha which was just 2L less than the Grand vitara!).

Planning to go for the diamond cut alloy and some aftermarket touch screen stereo.
giri1.8 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 13:11   #371
BHPian

Last day I took a short testdrive of the Grand Vitara Hybrid variant. I own an S-cross 1.6 which is remapped. So all my comparison will be with the S-cross.

Interior:
It feels cramped compared to S-cross, specifically the rear seats. Cushioning is good though. Plastic quality felt typical Maruti grade and felt a little down compared to S-cross. And the ventilated seat is quite noisy. It was almost like a white noise from the radio. It was irritating at full speed.

Exterior Build:
Doors are light. I felt little disappointed. Boot is heavy though. I did not lift open the bonnet.

Short city drive:
I was a bit surprised here. Cars moves of the line pretty smooth and feels sprightly. I could easily reach speeds upto 70 and the automatic is effortless. You can clearly feel the vibrations and thrum when the engine comes to life, but is not like a clattery Maruti diesel. It felt like a big car to drive. I think the 17inch wheels contribute to this. Steering is light and felt little toy ish. Although S-cross too has an EPS, it has more of a mechanical feel. Grand Vitara did not feel engaging to drive too in the city.

Summary:
It's a good car. Smooth and effortless driving experience. Not sure whether it will be engaging to drive. May be a longer testdrive is required to judge this correctly. And If you are going to buy the hybrid variant, go for Zeta+, as this has Sunroof and HUD and doesn't come with that noisy ventilated seats
CrossLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 13:33   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Wishing you many many miles of fun. The car looks graceful in this shade. I get the feeling, the Grand Vitara has better shades than the Hyryder.

I have a booking for the Zeta+ in Nexa Blue. Haven't decided on my purchase though.

BTW, did you get the 65k odd bonus that Maruti announced for launch customers? If yes, what does that translate to?
I have seen the GV in Nexa Blue, it looks very good, has a shimmering shade of blue and black and is darker than the blue on Baleno and XL6.

The accessory kit has external styling elements in Black and Crome for the front, side and rear. They look good on the car. It also has internal styling elements which are wood finish on the Dashboard, gear console etc. The original one is rust and crome coloured. While I did get the interior kit fitted, it looks tacky and I plan to revert back to the original one during the first service. The other things in the kit are floor mats and a vacuum cleaner. I wont say the kit is worth 65K. At max it is about 30K.
anubhav7286 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 15:21   #373
BHPian

Quote:
..I wont say the kit is worth 65K. At max it is about 30K.
Who said the kit only is worth 65K.The inaugural offer includes both the accessory package and the extended warranty of upto 5 years (from 3rd year to 5th year). This is in addition to the standard warranty of 2 years which is same for all Maruti cars. Both combined is around 65-67K.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 23:51   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Booked the Sigma MT variant, this will be purely for 4 lane highway and city use, we have other cars to take care of more challenging road trips. At 12.4L this is a hard to beat deal(we were to book Baleno Alpha which was just 2L less than the Grand vitara!).

Planning to go for the diamond cut alloy and some aftermarket touch screen stereo.
My father booked the same model. I tried to convince him to go for a city V which has an infotainment system, cruise control and alloy wheels for a lac more. He's upgrading from the 1st generation Amaze, so he is quite familiar with Honda petrols. But he is more interested in the SUV form factor, and I can't blame him for this particular choice.

Anyway, what was the waiting period quoted for you? My father was told 22-24 weeks (around 3 weeks back)
Old 31st October 2022, 23:57   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
Anyway, what was the waiting period quoted for you? My father was told 22-24 weeks (around 3 weeks back)
Not many bookings for the Sigma at this particular showroom, so I have been quoted less than 10 weeks time! Color choice of nexa blue too helps this as per my SA
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks