Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 12:19   #482
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's Grand Vitara's mileage figures:
I don't know why OEMs are associating with this shady organization. First the Nexon EV Max and now the Grand Vitara. Are they so desperate for a headline?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ark-story.html (India Book of Records - A dark story)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5407987 (Review: The Tata Nexon EV)
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 14:36   #483
Senior - BHPian

Decided to go for Blaupunkt key largo 980 for our Grand vitara Sigma, the option of front camera was one of the key points that made us go for it. Overall quite happy with sound quality and features, hopefully will be able to integrate few more features like TPMS in the future.

Surprisingly car had two stock speakers on the front door, decided to ditch it for infinity component speakers.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20221214_114143.jpg  

giri1.8 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 23:58   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Here are some of my impression after driving my Grand Vitara Zeta (AT) mild Hybrid version for around 1600km.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Engine performance is fine. The kick down function works brilliantly and plus you can also manually shift down using the paddle shifter which is a very neat feature.
Hope you are having a good time with your new cars.

Can you please confirm how the car performs on inclines with full/near-full load? Does shifting to M help generate enough torque to stay comfortably in control? Any other pointers from the few initial weeks of ownership for potential buyers?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st December 2022, 08:17   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

The mid-sized SUV's in a photoshoot:

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-fkbfs5taaae1svh.jpg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-fkbfr5aamaanl4g.jpg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-fkbfsw1agaa4gg.jpg

Link
Old 21st December 2022, 09:23   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
When they have the Suzuki and the Toyota, I wonder why are the Skoda and Kia missing?
Old 21st December 2022, 17:46   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

Can you please confirm how the car performs on inclines with full/near-full load? Does shifting to M help generate enough torque to stay comfortably in control? Any other pointers from the few initial weeks of ownership for potential buyers?

Thanks in advance.

I am sedate driver and I don’t have complains on the performance aspect considering it’s a naturally aspirated engine. One should not expect nor compare performance with turbos equipped engines. This engine is predominantly tuned for efficiency and mileage. Yes one can use ‘M’ mode for tackling steep inclines and descends, I took it over Sathyamangalam ghat section with 4 adults and the vehicle tackled it effortlessly. In M mode the gear shifts are quite quick. Would suggest you to take a test drive to get a feel of the car.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:20   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

Thanks in advance.
Hi, sorry for the delay in response but I was just about to leave for a trip to an from the Konkan (Ratnagiri) from Mumbai via pune and thought to leave just little more than an answer to your query.

Ours is a Grand Vitara Zeta Smart Hybrid 6 speed AT.

We had an almost fully loaded car. Three adults but a very packed boot. To make things more challenging was our convoy of a Tata Hexa and our car.

I'm not a slow driver, not by any sense and my brother in law, who drove the Hexa, and who happens to be my motorcycle teacher and guru is a helluva lot faster than I am.

My point here is that this was a true test of handling and abilities.

I am overjoyed to see that our car kept up with the other car. Mumbai to Pune was uneventful and we kept to the speed limits. Got a return fuel economy of about 13 kmpl both ways.

On the Pune- Karad section, we were at higher speeds wherever we got the space. The road till Satara is 6 laned so we got some space and open stretches to pull speeds of upto 140kmph.

The Grand Vitara has a lot of power to go up to 150 kmph easily.

The ghats especially Amba ghat was a hoot to drive.
The kickdown function worked exceptionally well and I learnt that I could vary the downshifts by pushing the accelerator down half way or full way. A few times I would have the car downshift ready to overtake, only to be kept on hold waiting for a clear stretch, but in every single case, the car kept up with my heavy foot supremely well.

The best benefit of the 6 AT transmission is the ability to use the paddle shifters even when in D mode and I used this extensively while on the ghats just for kicks.

The manual shifting is a lot quicker if I had to clutch in and do it on an MT, so this is obviously a massive benefit.

Would I have liked a turbocharged engine? sure!
Do I miss it? Hell No!

Other good news -

We did some driving in pitch black roads and ghat sections and the headlights performed brilliantly. At no time did I miss additional auxiliary lighting.

Did some city driving, negotiated some U-turns, and navigated some narrow roads - the turning radius is pretty good too, reversing and close quarter maneuvering were pretty ok.

Music system worked well - Android Auto bugged out on us a couple of times but started working again when we carried out "Procedure Z" (shut down car and start again).

Suzuki Connect is kickass - showing the link of our very spirited ride on the ghat sections.

To - 27-Dec-2022

https://portal-in.suzukiconnect.info...LR1/KjDS/0O2sD

Return - 30-Dec-2022.

https://portal-in.suzukiconnect.info...76M2X8x%2FsyZR

The app gives off markers of harsh accelerations, braking, turns and this ride was lit up with these flags.

Fuel Economy - Overall, we got about 13 kmpl on both to and fro trips from Mumbai including the expressway.

on the ghat section, we got about 11 kmpl.
Highway stretches it went up to 15kmpl.

Pune- Mumbai expressway is downhill and so we did get more than 19kmpl for this part of our trip, so I don't deny that the car is capable of achieving the proclaimed figures.

I have no idea how to get a better fuel economy unless I start to lie about it.

I think I've written enough - feel free to get in touch in case you have any more queries.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20230102-11.18.50.jpg  

Otto is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 21:53   #489
BHPian

Looks like Maruti has introduced Midnight Black color on the Grand Vitara today. Bookings should be open now. Thats a long time since Maruti introduced black on any of their models.
Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 10:33   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand Vitara beats Kia Seltos in Dec'22 sales/dispatches. The Toyota HYryder+ Grand Vitara does an impressive 10,372 in Dec.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th January 2023 at 10:34.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 10:33   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki will introduce the Grand Vitara CNG in the Indian market in December 2022.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Grand Vitara CNG at Rs 12.85 lakh.

Available in two variants

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-20230106_103313.jpg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-20230106_103658.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th January 2023 at 10:38.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 11:50   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Grand Vitara CNG at Rs 12.85 lakh.
At a starting price of 15-16L OTR, I am afraid, we won't see many takers for the GV CNG. 88 PS and 121 NM torque is just pathetic when one is shelling out 1.5 Million rupees !

Last edited by 07CR : 6th January 2023 at 11:54.
07CR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 13:09   #493
BHPian

1. The problem with CNG is its very hard to get on the Highway and is rare even in cities like Bangalore. When it is available, like in cities like Pune, the station is always crowded. More stations may or may not happen because of some rules of having CNG stations near residential areas being prohibited.

2. CNG range is pathetic. Around 160-180 kms in city based on engine size. Which means station trips are very frequent. Queuing again is irritating.

3. Filling up means everyone in the car has to exit the vehicle and wait outside. Irritating.

4. If anyone considers a CNG main reason is cost of running, and with it you are compromising on boot space which is needed when you are travelling. Again irritating.

5. Most of the times when you are travelling, you never use CNG because of its lack of availability and even if you find one you skip it because of the long Queues.

So at the price of the Grand Vitara, it makes sense to buy the Tata Nexon EV and save money on fuel. Given the new CNG rates, its 5-6 bucks per km to run on CNG. So going electric just makes more sense than CNG, given you are driving at 1 buck a km.

With an EV, only thing to deal with is charging on highways, which atleast will get easier overtime when more and more charging stations come up.

Last edited by frewper : 6th January 2023 at 13:12.
frewper is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 13:17   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand Vitara S-CNG

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-00.jpg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-0.jpg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-2.jpg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-.jpg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-1.jpg
Old 6th January 2023, 13:37   #495
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a 12 days year-end round trip to Kerala, covered around 1850 km (~65% highway, 35% mixed traffic and some ghat sections near Munnar). We were 4 adults with a full boot. Managed to get a mileage of 19.7Kmpl as per the trip meter. My driving is generally conservative and kept my speed 70 to 90Kmph on highways.

Must say that the paddle shifters were very useful in downshifting and controlling the decent speeds on ghat sections and also while over taking vehicles on dual carriage roads. Overall had a great trip with our Grand Vitara.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_3002.jpg  

tj123 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks