Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2023, 14:07   #511

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I don't have the exact breakup, but overall cost was 42k. This included the 9 inch head unit, infinity components for the front, infinity coaxial for the rear, wires, rear and front camera and installation charges.

Had plenty of bitter experience with aftermarket installation, so decided to get it done from a reputed shop, overall cost is probably higher than market price.
That might be on the higher side but seems reasonable considering reputed shops have proper tools and not merely an underaged boy with a screwdriver.

With several void warranty stories one keeps hearing/seeing on internet, you can never be too careful.

Thanks for the reply. Cheers.
Aldo280 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 11:20   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Exports of Grand Vitara begins:

Maruti Suzuki has started the exports of its premium SUV, Grand Vitara. The first shipment of Grand Vitara sailed to Latin America from the Kamarajar port recently.

The company aims to export Grand Vitara to more than 60 countries across Latin America, Africa, Middle East, ASEAN and neighboring regions.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-fmz7djeacaa6uoe.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th January 2023 at 11:24.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 20:30   #513
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki commences exports of Grand Vitara.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki commences exports of Grand Vitara with 1st shipment to Latin America from Kamarajar port. Company aims to export Grand Vitara to over 60 countries across Latin America, Africa, Middle East, ASEAN & neighboring regions.
Press Release

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-smartselect_20230119202933_drive.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 09:40   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

A preceptive on why Grand Vitara/ HYryder make a better choice in the mid SUV segment!

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 19:13   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti recalls 11,177 units of Grand Vitara to fix rear seat belt mounting brackets.

Quote:
The affected lot was manufactured between August 8, 2022 and November 15, 2022, the country’s largest carmaker said in a regulatory filing.
Old 24th January 2023, 12:33   #516
BHPian

Came across a Grand Vitara yesterday in Bangaiore that seems to have been hit on the back quite badly. Attaching a pic of the car (pardon the quality as it was taken from my car at night, in the traffic), but looking at the damage, wondering if the build quality is light or is just that the impact was too much.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_3378.jpg  

outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 15:02   #517
BHPian

As far as i know this was hit by a Volkswagen Ameo and the Ameo actually had quite a lot of damage to its front. The post was there on youtube, which actually praised the build quality of Grand Vitara after the accident.

I can't be absolutely sure this is the same accident but the impact is exactly the same, the colour, dents on the backside are exactly what i saw in that youtube video. Its quite a famous one, goes by the name of Nikhil Rana, who keeps posting on the build quality of cars in India.
Shwet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 17:11   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
As far as i know this was hit by a Volkswagen Ameo and the Ameo actually had quite a lot of damage to its front. The post was there on Youtube, which actually praised the build quality of Grand Vitara after the accident.
You're right, just watched the video, it is the same car. I had spotted the vehicle right past the NICE road exit (can see the the NICE road toll price list on the Youtube video). What is not visible from this video as well as the photo posted by me is the damage to the underbody parts as I could see the silencer and other parts that were damaged (visible when you see the vehicle from behind from a distance).

Last edited by outdoorlover : 24th January 2023 at 17:18. Reason: Updated comments
Old 29th January 2023, 11:29   #519

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Came across a Grand Vitara yesterday in Bangaiore that seems to have been hit on the back quite badly. Attaching a pic of the car (pardon the quality as it was taken from my car at night, in the traffic), but looking at the damage, wondering if the build quality is light or is just that the impact was too much.

I have seen many reviewers and youtubers talk about the lightness of the doors and the thud sound they make. I also agree that the safety of the vehicle is not determined by the sheet metal quality but when we take a look at the curb weight figures of the new Brezza and Grand Vitara, it is evident that some cost-cutting has been done. If we take a look at the top end variant of Brezza (ZXI+ AT) and the Grand Vitara (Alpha smart hybrid), Brezza is 10 Kgs heavier despite being smaller that Grand Vitara. All the features and engine of Grand Vitara as well as the New Brezza are similar. Leatherette seats, panel and increased dimensions must result in higher curb weight. Suzuki has not revealed the curb weight figures of brezza but they can be found in owners manual. I guess Suzuki has compromised on the sheet metal quality in order to bring the car at an affordable price. Lets hope the platform stays true to the crash test rating.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-g_vitara_weight.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-brezza_weight.jpg  

Phantom_08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 21:09   #520

Hi,
Has any one used the puddle lights on the Grand Vitara? How are they compared to the other brand vehicles?

Any ideas on the waiting period of the Grand Vitara? Please advise if any inputs.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th January 2023 at 21:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 31st January 2023, 12:14   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_08 View Post
All the features and engine of Grand Vitara as well as the New Brezza are similar. Leatherette seats, panel and increased dimensions must result in higher curb weight. Suzuki has not revealed the curb weight figures of brezza but they can be found in owners manual. I guess Suzuki has compromised on the sheet metal quality in order to bring the car at an affordable price. Lets hope the platform stays true to the crash test rating.
I think based on the C platform this should be a safe option. Sheet Metal quality is a poor reflector of safety ratings, the feel of the doors of the magnite is very tinny, yet the platform is stable and the rating is 4. I have checked both the new Brezza and Grand Vitara, the doors seem of similar weight , though the quality of sheet metal in the GV seems better as it feels more taut and better put together.

The rest can only be ascertained after a crash test but generally we have seen that stable platforms will perform OK in a crash test. If it would have been based on the heartect platform then it would have been definitely a no brainer.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 31st January 2023 at 15:45. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Old 31st January 2023, 13:39   #522
BHPian

I can speak about the door. A biker hit me pretty hard within a month of purchase. The door took it quite well with a slight dent and some scratches. Further ill informed people talk about thickness of doors and their impact. That way the Ambassador should have been the safest. Safety depends on the platform rigidity and crumple zones. The car has esp, 6 air bags, rigid platform and a lot of other safety features.
Palio_2005 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 15:56   #523
BHPian

Hi - Anyone facing issues with Android Auto? Mine disconnects randomly, and will connect back only when the system is restarted, for which I need to switch off and switch on the car again, quiet a nuisance it is. If yes, has there been a resolution to it yet?
Old 6th February 2023, 07:12   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India have driven the Hybrid variant a distance of 1779 KMs in a single tank!

Link

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20230205wa0036.jpg

Details to follow later. No idea what speed they drove or how many people were there in the car. Moreover, they would have enjoyed the descent from Himachal in EV mode I guess.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 6th February 2023 at 07:14.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 08:23   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Jan-23 dispatches see Grand Vitara ahead of its sibling HYryder again. Combined sales of the duo stand at 12700 units.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-capture.jpg

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th February 2023 at 08:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks