Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2023, 19:26   #526

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Its so great to be part of this community. Been avid reader of the forum since 2010 and was finally accepted as a member after 4 different tries . I rather had a strange experience with CM Nexa Mohali. I raised a request for Grand Vitara since my Ford Ecosport has competed 1.1 lakh Kms in 5 years of fuss free ownership and I am on lookout for a automatic. I was interested in Intelligent Electric Hybrid Zeta and contacted CM Nexa Mohali. A relationship manager called me on Sunday and informed me that they dont give test drive of the full hybrid model and an only offer test drive of smart hybrid. Prior to this I had informed him that I am looking to exchange my Ecosport as well. I did tell him that I cannot make decision without test drive and funnily RM said only difference is gearbox and the hybrid rest all is same. As I insisted for test drive he said that it cannot be arranged and we hung up. Monday morning around 10 am I get call from another RM and he asked about my interest in Grand Vitara and he said same thing no test drive for full hybrid and then disconnected the call.

Although they did not give any test drive but I think they circulated my number with few second hand car dealers as through out the day I got calls from 5 different used car dealers enquiring about ecosport.

My question to forum is has this happened to anyone and bigger question is how is one expected to buy a car without any test drive.

Sorry for the long first post.

Last edited by Figo0202 : 6th February 2023 at 19:36.
Figo0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 08:53   #527
Senior - BHPian

Maruti's Grand Vitara managed the 18th spot and was the third best-selling Mid SUV (behind Creta & Seltos), while its Toyota sibling - Hyryder was not in the Top 25.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-smartselect_20230207085225_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 17:15   #528
BHPian

The Grand Vitara is a better proposition today than the Korean Twins. The Koreans unless they work on improving their crashworthiness are just fleecing the customers. We don't have the crash test ratings of the GV but considering its Platform , it should get a 4 star rating and should be stable as well. Regarding mechanicals this SUV offers a proper high quality AWD option with proven mechanicals.

Yes, there is an argument that the power figures are low but the mild hybrid AWD is a joy to drive if you are not a Tarmac scorching supernova. This does the job, feels solid enough and the ride and handling of the AWD are the best in the segment without a doubt. One another aspect of an AWD system is the stability it offers and the immense confidence it inspires in handling. I am surprised that nobody markets this fact and only harps on the stupid off-roading tracks and the ability to cross slush or pulverize mountains.

An AWD is not built for that, the Jimny's of the world will do it better at all times. The AWD system brings stability, handling and some off-roading capabilities for the normal user and that's its USP. Even otherwise the ride and handling of the Grand Vitara are definitely better than the Koreans and the suspension feels robust. This was one of the reasons I decided to go for it as a replacement for my 161000 km driven 2014 Ertiga.

Last edited by Shwet : 8th February 2023 at 17:17.
Shwet is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 19:58   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
The Grand Vitara is a better proposition today than the Korean Twins. The Koreans unless they work on improving their crashworthiness are just fleecing the customers. We don't have the crash test ratings of the GV but considering its Platform , it should get a 4 star rating and should be stable as well. Regarding mechanicals this SUV offers a proper high quality AWD option with proven mechanicals.

Yes, there is an argument that the power figures are low but the mild hybrid AWD is a joy to drive if you are not a Tarmac scorching supernova. This does the job, feels solid enough and the ride and handling of the AWD are the best in the segment without a doubt. One another aspect of an AWD system is the stability it offers and the immense confidence it inspires in handling. I am surprised that nobody markets this fact and only harps on the stupid off-roading tracks and the ability to cross slush or pulverize mountains.

An AWD is not built for that, the Jimny's of the world will do it better at all times. The AWD system brings stability, handling and some off-roading capabilities for the normal user and that's its USP. Even otherwise the ride and handling of the Grand Vitara are definitely better than the Koreans and the suspension feels robust. This was one of the reasons I decided to go for it as a replacement for my 161000 km driven 2014 Ertiga.
May I ask have which variant have you decided on. I am torn between the Grand Vitara and HyRyder, I like looks of Vitara but not successful in getting TD of full hybrid version
Figo0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 20:39   #530
BHPian

I have shortlisted the All Grip variant. The hybrid was ruled out due to the boot space issue. Also the hybrid engine felt a little raucous to be honest. A proper 4 cylinder gasoline engine alongwith the battery pack not intruding in the boot would perhaps have tilted the balance , however they might have charged astronomically for the same considering the inherent greed visible in all auto makers.

Last edited by Shwet : 8th February 2023 at 20:43.
Shwet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 12:25   #531
BHPian

Quote:

I totally agree with your comments as I too am enjoying my AllGrip for 3000 kms over the past two and a half months. I've taken four adults up the Mumbai-Pune Ghats without problems and I can fit two full-size airline suitcases, as well as one carry-on suitcase easily in the boot.
The Li-ion battery gives a terrific boost to the engine while starting from a signal, visible in the display and my fuel consumption hovers between 14 and 15 kpl with spirited driving between Mumbai and Navi Mumbai every day. So if you see a chestnut brown AllGrip model on the road, with a beatific smile on the driver's face, you'll know its me.
Cheers.
FarPatel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 22:08   #532

Quote:
I have shortlisted the All Grip variant. The hybrid was ruled out due to the boot space issue. Also the hybrid engine felt a little raucous to be honest. A proper 4 cylinder gasoline engine alongwith the battery pack not intruding in the boot would perhaps have tilted the balance , however they might have charged astronomically for the same considering the inherent greed visible in all auto makers.
It makes total sense. As I mentioned I earlier I was not able to get test drive of Vitara hybrid so took TD of hyryder and the boot space is an issue. Now heart has taken a precedence and is screaming harrier
Old 10th February 2023, 17:02   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand Vitara's (Strong Hybrid) fuel efficiency tested: ACI

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Intelligent Electric Hybrid from snowy Himachal to Dwarka on the west coast – without a single fill-up.
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-maruti_suzuki8.jpg

Quote:
After Google-Mapping numerous options, we arrived at an evocative route. We would start from the mountains, drive across the desert, and end our journey in the Grand Vitara by the sea. ‘Snow, Sand, Sea’ – it even had a nice ring to it. Our drive, we decided, would start from Narkanda, Himachal Pradesh, touch Pushkar, in Rajasthan, and finally end at Jamnagar, in Gujarat. The total distance was approximated by Google Maps at 1,578km
Quote:
kitted it out with a set of low-rolling-resistance tyres from Apollo in the form of the Apterra Cross. These tyres offer the best of both worlds by enhancing the ride quality as well as maximising grip over loose surfaces by employing a block-based tread pattern. We simply had to set the tyres at optimal tyre pressure and it was a go.
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-capture.jpg

Quote:
finally made it to the scenic Shivrajpur Beach, near Dwarka, we noted, to our great satisfaction, that the trip meter had already crossed 1,771km with an approximate range of 104km. And when we finally reached the petrol station after driving for another 7km, the range stood at 101km. The Grand Vitara had delivered an astonishing fuel efficiency of 43.96kpl after clocking 1,779.3km. It still had more than 100km left in the tank, which could easily be stretched by another 100km. Could we attempt 2,000km on a tankful?
Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 20:29   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Grand Vitara's (Strong Hybrid) fuel efficiency tested: ACI
Who takes 5 and half hours for driving around 165KMs? That's more than hypermiling. They should have driven at 40kmph and that would have helped them to cross 2000kms in a tank. This is not a real world mileage.

The real mileage this car is giving is just over 25kmpl. My sister in law has driven 1009kms and the tank still shows 2 bars. This is in Gurgaon, 60% highway and 40% inner roads.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20230210_202757.jpg

Last edited by BoneCollector : 10th February 2023 at 20:30.
BoneCollector is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 12:11   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.henry View Post
We all have been through situations where you look forward to something, you count the number of days, you dream about what you would be doing when you get there, how you treat the situation, .. etc etc. and in the end it just didn’t happen and it all becomes a huge disappointment.

Well something like that is what has happened to my Grand Vitara booking !
Well, its sad. Some options you could try:

1. Go to another Nexa.

2. Buy a Toyota variant since it came with additional warranty too.

3. Get all those accessories in a box and list them all on OLX or sell them to a local accessory shop for half price.

4. Pay the dealer half the price to keep those accessories to himself (may or may not work, but worth a try).

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th February 2023 at 14:31. Reason: Please avoid quoting a full long post. Thank you!
Old 12th February 2023, 22:34   #536
BHPian

Is there any possibility that Automatic Transmission will be introduced for the Grand Vitara AWD in future- may be within this this year?
Old 14th February 2023, 17:14   #537
Senior - BHPian

Found a video related to the Grand Vitara rear seat-belt recall. Video shows the process of changing the rear seat belt assembly. Looks like quite a lot of work.

tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 20:06   #538
BHPian

I don't think they will launch the AWD with an automatic transmission, the reason could be the lethargic response of the 6AT. If they can fine tune the Auto box then they may decide to go for it. Although I personally feel that an AWD in manual version is also something which the competition doesn't offer. Sit in a Creta and you feel wonderful with the interior quality, drive a Grand Vitara All Grip and you can make out that the robustness of the suspension is at another level. This chassis deserved a much more powerful engine but nevertheless it is still tuned appropriately. I would suggest a test drive to make a decision.
Old 14th February 2023, 22:07   #539
BHPian

Guys need help. I booked Vitara Delta AT Mild Hybrid and received message from showroom that car has been alloted and I should proceed for loan.

Somehow I am not being able to make up my mind that should I go for Vitara or some other vehicle like New Verna. We already have 1st Gen Creta, 2nd Gen Verna and 4th Gen Honda City at home. New car will be replacement of existing Verna which is a 2014 diesel model which needs to be sold due to 10 years rule in Delhi.

I need a car which is fun to drive which somehow I am not getting in Vitara.

VAG twins are good but I'm apprehensive of long term reliability.

My budget is 16 Lacs. Seek your suggestions. Automatic is mandatory.
Gearup_1111 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 15:10   #540

Re: Test Drive of Suzuki Grand Vitara on horrible roads and other reports

Hi,

Did you try overtaking on highway?

New launches including Hyryder seems to be good in cities, but one has to see how they run on highway.

I have Baleno 2022 AGS, it is poor on highway, even with manual overdrive. Over taking is a challange. Where as all TATA models Tiago, Tigor and Altroz perform better than Baleno. Some GV models are the same price as Harrier, is it worth going with GV?
Ram35 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks