Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 21:35   #586

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Hello Everyone,

Apologies in advance if it is a naive query

I wish to know that if it is possible to get modifications/upgrades in the base variant of Grand Vitara (Sigma) with stuff such as an Infotainment system, music speakers, alloy wheels, and ambient lights, etc from the Nexa Dealership itself, or if it is the case that they only offer a limited catalogue of accessories and one might have to hunt for aftermarket options such as say Karol Bagh market in New Delhi for such work, risking voiding warranty?

Thank you so much
Old 3rd June 2023, 15:21   #587
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Why is the new Grand Vitara offered with AllGrip ONLY in the Manual Variant?
Is it that those who prefer AT are somehow rendered ineligible for AllGrip, by the All Powerful Mandarins at Maruti Suzuki India?
Old 3rd June 2023, 18:50   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Why is the new Grand Vitara offered with AllGrip ONLY in the Manual Variant?
Is it that those who prefer AT are somehow rendered ineligible for AllGrip, by the All Powerful Mandarins at Maruti Suzuki India?
I think they have kept that variant for a year hence when sales start dropping with a newer kid (model from competitor) on the block. BTW, globally the Vitara AT has traditionally had AWD version (All-Grip in Suzuki terminlogy) for as long as I can remember.

Last edited by outdoorlover : 3rd June 2023 at 18:52.
Old 3rd June 2023, 19:07   #589
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I think they have kept that variant for a year hence when sales start dropping with a newer kid (model from competitor) on the block. BTW, globally the Vitara AT has traditionally had AWD version (All-Grip in Suzuki terminlogy) for as long as I can remember.
Yes, I think it is true, considering the fact that the one sold in South Africa has an AWD AT variant.

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...-africa/46835/

Last edited by bijims : 3rd June 2023 at 19:08.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 10:46   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Yes, I think it is true, considering the fact that the one sold in South Africa has an AWD AT variant.

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...-africa/46835/
Yes, even in your city, you would find Moosa Abdul Rahman has been selling the AT AWD variant even for the earlier versions. Not sure if the new GV is launched there yet though.
Old 4th June 2023, 11:09   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even in your city, you would find Moosa Abdul Rahman has been selling the AT AWD variant even for the earlier versions. Not sure if the new GV is launched there yet though.
Yes, they have got a Vitara here which comes with AWD and is imported from Hungary, Moreover, Suzuki is perhaps the last brand anyone would go for here in the Middle East, when you have Land Cruisers everywhere who would go for a Suzuki. It ranks 10th in terms of market share.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 23:07   #592
BHPian

I have purchased Grand Vitra ZETA AT on May 5th. The car has run around 800 KMS so far and 1st service is done on 3rd June. Today while coming out of Phoenix market ciy in Banaglore, I stopped the car at traffice signal and all of a sudden the "Electric power steering" warning light apperaed on car Information display and car steering has completely locked. The warning light has disappeard after power-on/off 4 times witin few minutes.

Could someone help me what could be the reason for power steering warning light? Should I check with Nexa service ?

Last edited by skumar : 4th June 2023 at 23:08. Reason: grammer correction
Old 8th June 2023, 00:02   #593
BHPian

I visited Nexa Showroom near Magarpatta, Pune to enquire about Grand Vitara.

I owned S-Cross from Feb 2017 till April 2022. I absolutely loved my time with S-Cross. My 9 year old daughter still miss our S-Cross. Every time she spots a S-Cross on road, she don't miss to remind me of our car.
We had to part our ways with S-Cross, because we were shifting to BLR & I was done with manual car. I considered it as an opportunity to try different car. We got a CVT Magnite as part of company lease transfer. Frankly we could never connect with the car. Family was not happy from day one. They considered it as big downgrade from S-Cross. While I was happy with the CVT & the turbo charged engine of Magnite, I was not happy with quality of Nissan. I do not want to go over that in this thread, but we parted ways with Nissan just after 10 months with heavy monetary loss.

Daughter was insisting to get back S-Cross so we visited Nexa. First thing, I felt like, experience of Nexa showroom was degraded compared to our previous experience in 2017. SA was hardly knowledgeable of the car. He was pointing me to the test drive car saying its Hybrid variant, but while entering showroom I had noticed that its AWD variant. But that dude was just not ready to listen. I was giving him more information about car which he was trying to sell.

Showroom did not have Hybrid or SmartHybrid variant for TD. I still took AWD variant TD as SA had already got TD voucher. After entering car, I felt like cabin experience was definitely an upgrade over S-Cross. My daughter and wife were very comfortable at back seat. Coming to actual drive, since I had my turbo charged, 200NM torque engine habit of S-Cross, I felt like NA petrol engine was little downgrade. Since it was manual I kept drive short. Overall I liked the car. After getting down from car, my wife clearly told, she want Grand Vitara only. So a big thumbs up from family. I still want to go TD of Hybrid/SmartHybrid TD before coming to final decision though.

Now coming to dilemma, I am confused on 2 options:
1. Should I go for Hybrid or SmartHybrid? Our annual usage should not cross more than 8-10K KM. 90% city only. I am not sure if more than 3 lakh premium is worth it. Can someone with SmartHybrid AT variant confirm how much efficiency I can expect in metro city traffic?

2. Currently I am located in BLR, but there is possibility of getting BH series registration in MH as my employer can provide Form 60. So I am contemplating if I should get car in MH with BH series and bring it to BLR. Only problem is my father is not supportive of this idea.
VaibhaoT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 08:59   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
2. Currently I am located in BLR, but there is possibility of getting BH series registration in MH as my employer can provide Form 60. So I am contemplating if I should get car in MH with BH series and bring it to BLR. Only problem is my father is not supportive of this idea.
A hybrid is the actual new car, the semi-hybrid is just there from a price point perspective given the brand is called Maruti; you cannot make vehicles that are unaffordable.

By all means you should get the Hybrid, it's automatic anyways, so that problem is solved.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th June 2023 at 11:22. Reason: Let's restrict ourselves to discussions about cars here.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 17:56   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Now coming to dilemma, I am confused on 2 options:
1. Should I go for Hybrid or SmartHybrid? Our annual usage should not cross more than 8-10K KM. 90% city only. I am not sure if more than 3 lakh premium is worth it. Can someone with SmartHybrid AT variant confirm how much efficiency I can expect in metro city traffic?
Ideally for your running non hybrid would be more value for money but as Kosfactor said, Hybrid is the go to model for GV/Hyryder twin as that is their usp in this segment. The 1.5L maruti engine is there in Brezza as well and not a hoot to drive in any sense specially in the heavier Vitara. Also, the pure electric silent start and super high mileage in the strong hybrid is something to experience. You get few extra goodies as well compared to normal petrol variants. Hopefully it'll be reliable too in the long run as it's a tried and tested package from Toyota. I think if you can live with the limited boot space then strong hybrid will be a better choice.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 14:03   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Yes, they have got a Vitara here which comes with AWD and is imported from Hungary, Moreover, Suzuki is perhaps the last brand anyone would go for here in the Middle East, when you have Land Cruisers everywhere who would go for a Suzuki. It ranks 10th in terms of market share.
LCs are expensive and that's why in a relatively poor country by ME standards, Chinese MG rules supreme.
outdoorlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 17:24   #597
BHPian

Quote:
LCs are expensive and that's why in a relatively poor country by ME standards, Chinese MG rules supreme.
True, MG has made an unprecedented rise in the Market. Quite surprising, but they offer quite VFM models here too.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 18:41   #598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Why is the new Grand Vitara offered with AllGrip ONLY in the Manual Variant?...
Standard response at launch was 'AT+AWD will get pricey', but there's plenty of products today that show price won't deter a good product from selling, so it's not much of an argument.

I'd have bought an AT AWD Vitara. It's a viable rough-roader option for people who need some go-anywhere capability in a primarily road-going car, and there's no competition in the the 20L rupee segment (most other AWD/4WD choices are closer to or beyond 30L rupees), so they had plenty of positioning room too.

Busy claiming 'premium' positioning with Jimny, hesitant to offer a viable option on an existing product over pricing concerns. Strange are the workings of Maruti's product mgmt.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 23:38   #599
BHPian

Hi Everyone

I spent some quality time with the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara.

It belongs to a family friend of ours and its an Alpha Smart Hybrid MT variant.
A little background - he owned a Type 2 2009 Innova and an Elite i20 before
He currently has this and a Vitara Brezza Diesel MT.
He has extensively driven vehicles in both India and Saudi Arabia. Even he admits that there is no comparison to the Innova, but his requirements changed through the years.
Although this isn't comparable to Innova, but he says it's good for his requirements.
This is a review based on my experience with the car in the city and on a 600 km roadtrip from Hyderabad to Guntur and back.

(Note : This is a complete passenger based experience, not a driver based one, because I've not yet attained the legal age of driving)

We'll begin with the pros -
1. The interior doesn't feel like you're in a Maruti. Plastics are present but well managed interior. All controls are present in easy reach of both driver and co-passenger.
2. Good space for 3 adults at the back. Coming from my XUV700, I never once complained about the lack of space.
3. The engine feels silent and refined. It almost feels EV-like in lower speeds (thanks to the Smart Hybrid system). Similar to other Nexa vehicles like the Baleno and XL6.
4. Cabin insulation is pretty good. You can't feel the engine inside. Hats off for giving a silent cabin. I found it better than Creta.
5. The engine, although feels underpowered on paper, is actually quite powerful and refined. It effortlessly goes over 100 kph. As I found on the Nehru ORR, this car can easily maintain speeds for a prolonged time.
6. The 5-speed manual is super smooth and works pretty good with the 1.5 NA motor.
7. Cruise control is well-suited to this car. Also worth mentioning is the Idle Start Stop function. It worked well in Hyderabad traffic.
8. Decent mileage. We got around 13- 14 kmpl in peak traffic. Please let me know if this is what everyone gets.
9. I liked the sound quality of this car. Vocal are heard pretty clearly and it has the right amount of bass.
10. The AC unit is pretty powerful and cools the cabin quickly.

Coming to the cons -
1. Although the interior looks premium, places like the glove box cover and the door handle section feels scratchy. This is quite a let down for such a premium interior.
2. Unnecessary usage of metal finishes and piano black makes this car a dust magnet....
3. The sunshade of the panoramic sunroof is simply a joke. It lets in sunlight and makes the cabin hot. Especially when AP and TS was witnessing high temperatures, sitting in the car became a pain... The shade is kinda translucent. It has holes in it, which allow sunlight in and the fabric is quite thin.
4. I don't understand why no ventilated seats on top variant of mild hybrid range. It's a boon in this hot weather......
5. ADAS could have made things better
6. No TPMS .... why??
7. The suspension is on the stiffer side. You really feel the bumps and potholes on the road. Very similar as compared to the XUV500 we had.
8. The overall build could have been better. The doors and the boot feel flimsy.
9. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are a hit and miss. They work wirelessly but if any phone is plugged into the USB port, it stops abruptly and tries to mirror the phone plugged in.

To conclude, this is a near-perfect urban runabout. Good for families traveling intercity and intracity frequently.
This car is not made for the enthusiast, but a sedate driver will feel at home in this car.

Cheers
Siddharth
SID7115 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 09:26   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Sun control films for Sunroof now available as accessory for Grand Vitara in different VLTs:

Has anyone got this done under NEXA ? Is it available ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks