Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 13:14   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Maruti Suzuki's Grand Vitara has now 54,000 bookings.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 13:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's Grand Vitara has now 54,000 bookings.

Link
Any tentative schedule for announcing the prices? Both Maruti and Toyota seem to be in deep thought regarding product placement. It would also be good if both can announce the tentative cost of the battery warranty, life ad replacement cost.
Old 21st September 2022, 15:38   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Any tentative schedule for announcing the prices?
25th of Sep as per my dealer. They just received there display car today and will provide test from 1st week of Oct.
Snowflakes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 18:25   #79
BHPian

Got a call from the Nexa SA, They told Grand Vitaras are being dispatched from Karnataka. Display cars as well as customer delivery cars.

They even told me that a Mild Hybrid Automatic is also on its way, if I agree, he can deliver it to me on 26th September. I have a Zeta AT mild hybrid booked.

So, few customers are ready to take delivery without even getting to see a display car. Although as per the SA, they made the customers test drive the S-Cross, XL6 or new Brezza to give them a feel of the 1.5 L engine because its the same on the Grand Vitara Mild Hybrid.

I am not to keen on getting the Grand Vitara considering the expected pricing.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 21st September 2022 at 18:26.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 20:08   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
25th of Sep as per my dealer. They just received there display car today and will provide test from 1st week of Oct.
Could you please confirm the branch details where the display car is available?
Old 21st September 2022, 22:38   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
Could you please confirm the branch details where the display car is available?
Its Yelahanka Nexa. I assume it should start arriving at other dealers shortly if this is far off for you.
Snowflakes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:56   #82
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

The rear seats, however, aren't what you would call spacious. The width of the rear bench makes the Grand Vitara comfortable for 2 people. The 3rd passenger will find it a squeeze.
Thanks for the wonderful review once again...absolutely spot on with the minute details and critical where required

One question though: you mentioned the rear seat is now wide enough for 3 adults. Would you say the Nexon would be better in this regard for 3 medium built adults? Reason I ask is Nexon is the other contender in my short list, if I were to go with a 5 seater. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd September 2022, 16:22   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post

One question though: you mentioned the rear seat is now wide enough for 3 adults. Would you say the Nexon would be better in this regard for 3 medium built adults? Reason I ask is Nexon is the other contender in my short list, if I were to go with a 5 seater. Thanks in advance.
Nexon has a wider rear bench, but the middle part of the bench isn't as well-contoured or comfortable as the seats either side of it, and the AC vents + center tunnel is pretty intrusive too. Ingress/egress for the elderly isn't the best either.

I'd recommend taking a proper demo of rear seat ergonomics with its intended occupants before deciding.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd September 2022 at 16:26.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 21:11   #84
BHPian

Price reveal date announced September 26, 2022

https://timesofindia.
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:02   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Got a call from the Nexa SA,
I am not to keen on getting the Grand Vitara considering the expected pricing.
I have also booked Zeta but MT. And considering that its price may go beyond 16lakhs on road I am also skeptical.

I can get a city vx for 5 people with 500+ litre of boot and far better power to weight.
Or in Suv Nexon or Brezza would save money for me but more than 14.5 lakh on road is not I am planning to consider.

One can get xl6 alpha at 14lakhs. Why should anyone pay more than 50k for 2 extra airbags.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd September 2022 at 22:09. Reason: Minor formatting and punctuation corrections :)
Old 22nd September 2022, 23:07   #86
Team-BHP Support

Comparative shots with Brezza, thanks to Tushar from Zigwheels:

Source

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-bigtorquerpost2022_09_22_18_571.jpg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-bigtorquerpost2022_09_22_18_573.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 01:36   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Comparative shots with Brezza
Wow! Not only does the Brezza have the best road presence amongst sub 4m SUVs, it seems to be able to stand up to it's bigger sibling as well. Impressive!

Cherry on top - from the many reviews that have been rolling out - the mild hybrid seems to drive better too.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:44   #88
BHPian

Just got a call from my SA saying I will get my car by 1st week of Oct. I have booked mild hybrid zeta variant (auto). I also have a booking for brezza zxi auto and there is no news of when I would get my car in brezza's case and there are no follow up's or updates from SA here.

Have to say Nexa have been very professional in handling things. There is a huge difference in how Nexa and Arena are handling their deliveries.
Old 23rd September 2022, 13:00   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Wow! Not only does the Brezza have the best road presence amongst sub 4m SUVs, it seems to be able to stand up to it's bigger sibling as well. Impressive!

Cherry on top - from the many reviews that have been rolling out - the mild hybrid seems to drive better too.
Yes, the new Brezza AT was better to drive than the XL,6 AT during a back to back TD. XL6 AT was lethargic to move. Overtaking in fairly congested road was found to be easier in Brezza AT.
RijuC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 14:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara to be launched on September 26

Maruti Suzuki will launch the new Grand Vitara in India on September 26, 2022. It will be sold alongside the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder. Bookings for the SUV have already commenced.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-2022marutigrandvitara01.jpg

The Grand Vitara will be available in six trims, which include two strong-hybrid variants: Zeta+ and Alpha+. The SUV gets features like a 9-inch SmartPlay Pro+ touchscreen infotainment system, a panoramic sunroof, digital instrument cluster, head-up display, ventilated front seats, wireless charging, cruise control, 360-degree camera and TPMS.

The hybrid powertrain consists of a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder Toyota petrol engine, putting out 91 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 122 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. This petrol engine is coupled with an AC synchronous motor that puts out 79 BHP and 141 Nm. Total combined output at wheels is 114 BHP. This powertrain comes with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

The Grand Vitara is also offered with a more familiar 1.5-litre mild-hybrid powertrain. It makes 103 BHP and 137 Nm and is available with either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission. The mild-hybrid version also gets an optional all-wheel drive.

Source: TOI

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd September 2022 at 19:08.
TusharK is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks