Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 12:43   #121
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Maruti Suzuki: A journey from 'kitna deti hai' to 'kitna leti hai'.
abhi_ank is offline   (66) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:45   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
And my dreams of owning a GV come crashing down. Grossly over priced. Let the cancellations begin.
Same here. Pencil pencil pencil, GV's booking cancel.
sammysossa is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:47   #123
BHPian

Expecting a lot of cancellations with that pricing. Hyundai and Kia must be breathing a huge sigh of relief. Hyryder seems to be a much better proposition all around than the GV. 50k extra for the MS over the Toyota for the hybrid variants is way too much given it doesn't offer anything different. Price revision will come very soon
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:52   #124
BHPian

Now let's see how many from those 57000 bookings get cancelled, although that number may never be published.
Seltos & Creta will continue to rule the charts I think. HyRyder seems a decent package now, compared to GV.
Old 26th September 2022, 13:01   #125
BHPian

The mild hybrid variants of Maruti GV are cheaper than Toyota Hyryder and the strong hybrid variants are priced at par (Rs 50k higher but after factoring in Rs 67k worth of introductory offer it’s effectively priced at par). So it’s not more expensive for any variant from 10.45 lac to all the way to the top right? Am I missing something?
Carzilla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:03   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
The mild hybrid variants of Maruti GV are cheaper than Toyota Hyryder and the strong hybrid variants are priced at par (Rs 50k higher but after factoring in Rs 67k worth of introductory offer it’s effectively priced at par). So it’s not more expensive for any variant from 10.45 lac to all the way to the top right? Am I missing something?
The base S trim of the strong hybrid Hyryder is a trump card. Gives the hybrid drivetrain + convenience of automatic + has all essential features at 15.5L ex showroom. GV does not have an equivalent variant.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:11   #127
BHPian

I think the understanding between Toyota and Suzuki is pretty straight forward. If the vehicle uses critical equipment such as engine/transmission from Maruti then they get to keep the prices cheaper and vice versa.
sunilg33 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:13   #128
BHPian

I do not think the prices are a shocker. There is no need to cancel in haste, it would be a knee jerk reaction. Looking forward to what BHPians feel when the details of the PRISTINE Genuine NEXA Accessory pack are available.

Dear experts/moderators, could you please do an exclusive and first-time ever review of an Accessory pack?
mkumar79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:30   #129
AYP
Senior - BHPian

While the Hybrid variants are expensive(but expected), the base trims of the Mild Hybrid make a strong case for themselves for someone looking at a no nonsense naturally aspirated petrol mid sized SUV with a budget of around 12L(or 13L for an automatic).

The Delta variant gets a lot of features over the Creta EX and the Seltos HTK and actually competes with the Creta S and the Seltos HTK+ in terms of features, both of which are priced higher than the Vitara Delta.

The base Sigma gets a lot of features over the barebones Creta E and the slightly better but still barebones Seltos HTE. Heck, you even get a start stop button, smart keyless entry, steering mounted controls, automatic climate control and auto folding mirrors right from the base variant. It hardly looks like a base variant from the inside. Do check out this Short video on the Vitara Sigma-

The above video is perhaps the very first on Youtube showcasing the base Sigma variant.

It is only when we go to the higher variants that we start to get the equivalent SX/HTX and above variants of the Creta and Seltos at a slightly higher price. Overall, I'd say the mild Hybrid picks up from where the S-Cross left. Yes, the prices have increased but if you compare the Vitara Delta with the S-Cross Zeta, you get similar features(it is a give and take situation) and you pay 2L more. Yes, 2L is not a small figure but it isn't too bad when you look at the prices of its competitors.

Last edited by AYP : 26th September 2022 at 14:00.
AYP is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:38   #130
BHPian

The pricing of Mild Hybrid variants is a Joke!

Maruti is asking 3L more than Brezza Zxi AT for GV Zeta AT. Same engine-gearbox, similar level of interior quality and space as Brezza.

Maruti has successfully made Brezza look VALUE FOR MONEY!
buntee90 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:53   #131
BHPian

With those prices, it is essentially curtains for me as far as the GV is concerned. Had pre-booked a Zeta AT mild hybrid and was expecting a price of ~14L, given the top end Brezza Zxi+ AT was 13.86L. But this is over the top pricing for what is essentially the same car and at a premium of 1.5L compared to the Brezza Zxi+ AT.

My Scorpion N Z6 Diesel for 14.99L looks super super value for money. Alteast, it has made my decision making a lot easier.
Thank you Maruti
akannath is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 14:04   #132
BHPian

Between Zeta and Alpha, for additional 1.5 L, only difference I could locate is Sunroof, roof rails, 360 camera and Leatherette seats. So if Sunroof is not a priority, does Zeta makes more sense saving 1.5 L? Or is there any other changes which I missed to notice?
Old 26th September 2022, 14:04   #133
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara's strong hybrid variants are Rs 50,000 more expensive than Hyryder.

Here's how it stacks up against its rivals on the price graph.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-20220926_140259.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 14:06   #134
BANNED

Has to be some solid reason behind such a high price, will come to know about in a few days I think. Maruti think tank and decison makers must have also thought of all the concerns and valid points that members have posted in this thread.

I don’t think Maruti is stupid enough to enter this territory and trying to eat into Creta / Seltos market with such pricing and a few negative points like boot space and rear sitting. I also dont think Maruti will cut prices later on. This 67k accessory and extended warranty dont understand what was the marketing think tank logic. But in all this price debate, nobody is sure when will deliveries start. July 20 it was unveiled and nows its Sep and still dealers have no idea when deliveries can be started.

Its already Navratri and Dassehra is the auspicious day when maximum deliveries take place and Maruti is still not giving a date. I’m sure many will cancel, no doubt about it. I too would have if I did not have a 7 yr old CIAZ. Also Maruti must be knowing they can tap into people who have a long waiting period of Creta and Seltos. Maybe these people who booked Maruti as standby will take it, if deliveries start early and they are allotted cars before their Creta and Seltos delivery dates.

Experts / Moderators need to find details on this 67K accessory ka Limbu that Maruti is offering, is it good enough to jump onto Vitara.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th July 2023 at 16:04. Reason: Poorly typed post. Fixing punctuation, drafting, paragraphing, removing extra dots etc.
nilesh111 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th September 2022, 14:09   #135
BHPian

Had booked automatic zeta mild hybrid and I suppose the on road price will be around 17.5 to 18 lakhs in Bangalore. I feel there is not much of a difference between brezza zxi and zeta variants on face value. While typing this i can think of only sunroof missing in vitara. Will do a detailed comparison later.

Looks like I will cancel my vitara and go for the brezza.
Snowflakes is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks