Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2022, 15:31   #91

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Hi All,

I have booked an AWD Silver color. This morning got a call from my SA from Nexa, Rana Motors, East Of Kailash Delhi. He said a car has been allocated to me and will be delivered in 20 days and the prices will be announced on 26th (Monday).

I am waiting for the prices to be announced to make a final decision between GV AWD /XUV 700 AX7 and Scorpio N Z8 Petrol.

Less space on the rear seat is a bummer for me as I have a family of 5 adults.

Still, will take a TD along with the family to make the final decision.

Delivery Date for Scorpio N is March'2023 and for XUV 700 AX7 it is Dec'2023(though SA said he will get me one by Feb'2023)

Too much of confusion!

Mileage is not a big concern for me as my running is low!
Old 23rd September 2022, 19:29   #92
Senior - BHPian

Strong hybrid Hyryder price likely to undercut Grand Vitara.

Name:  20220923071203_GV vs Hyryder.jpg
Views: 2038
Size:  47.4 KB

Quote:
- Hyryder strong hybrids are set to be priced lower than their Maruti counterparts.

- Maruti will undercut Toyota on the mild hybrid as well as the AWD version given that this tech is from the Suzuki stable.

- Maruti to have lower starting price with Grand Vitara mild hybrid.

- Toyota likely to encourage test drives of Hyryder strong hybrid.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd September 2022 at 19:33.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 19:35   #93
BHPian

Some pictures of the base variant which were forwarded to me by dealer. I guess it's okay to share them here?

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.19-pm-2.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.19-pm-1.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.19-pm.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.18-pm-2.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.18-pm-1.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.18-pm.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.17-pm-2.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.17-pm-1.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.17-pm.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.16-pm-1.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20220923-7.32.16-pm.jpeg
thugz_doge is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 19:45   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Strong hybrid Hyryder price likely to undercut Grand Vitara.
This is a given considering Toyota has already revealed prices of their strong hybrid version and not for the mild hybrid version.

Since the strong hybrid is Toyota’s technology, it was bound to make the HyRyder cheaper than the equivalent Grand Vitara and for the same reason there is no S Hybrid variant equivalent of the HyRyder for the Grand Vitara.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 21:18   #95
BHPian

There were 3 Grand Vitaras on display at Nexa My Car, Vile Parle, Mumbai. My better half went and had a look. Her impression - Handsome Hunk.

Looks like I may have to stretch my budget over the planned amount.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 22:48   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
Some pictures of the base variant which were forwarded to me by dealer. I guess it's okay to share them here?
Thanks for pics. Looks nice. It will be nice, if someone can comment on the headroom is the rear seat... should be slightly better in the absence of sunroof.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd September 2022 at 23:58. Reason: Please don't quote pics/long messages. It hampers readability. Kindly quote only the relevant portion.
Old 23rd September 2022, 23:25   #97
Senior - BHPian

The pictures with the roof mounted 5th passenger seatbelt is rather distracting to look at, but thankful for its inclusion nonetheless. Intrigued as to why such an arrangement is needed when there are cars offering 3 point harness without this mounting arrangement and with 60:40 split functionality?
Old 24th September 2022, 00:23   #98
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the GV Strong Hybrid today. The display cars have started arriving at the dealers and I went to check the car along with my son.

For reference I am 6' and tip the scales at almost 90kgs and my son is 5"10 and is about 70kgs.

Our primary area of interest was the build quality and the interiors. After spending almost 45 minutes with the car our impressions are as below.

1. Space is definitely at a premium. Whether it's front or rear, the space or rather the lack of it is quite apparent.

2. My knee fouls against the curved centre console.

3. The complete headliner including the sunroof curtain is a joke and very flimsy. You can actually slide in your hand in the gaps between the glass and the headliner.

4. The roof material seems to be quite delicate and there is a lot of flex in the headliner.

5. Doorpads also flex a lot. The entire power windows switch console on the driver side door flexes and moves when your knee presses against it.

6. The headroom was just adequate and I had just 1 inch space over my head at the rear and slightly more at the front with the driver seat pushed all the way down.

7. Shoulder room at the rear is also quite less. With both of us sitting behind there was space for perhaps a toddler to sit in between us. It's strictly a 4 seater car. Our feet were fouling against the central tunnel thereby accentuating the narrow width of the car overall.

8. Music system gets the job done nothing special there. The screen resolution is just about okay as well.

9. Body panels are above average for a Maruti car and possibly equal or better than the S Cross.

10. Overall cabin quality is nothing to write about and definitely not worth the 20 odd Lacs that the car will cost. Doesn't seem that it will remain rattle free for too long.

11. The front roof light console moves around a lot even when just turning the lights on or off. The whole headliner moves alonwith it.

12. The wiper and headlight stalks stick out for their quality. They are quite well built and sturdy and I am surprised how they made they way into the otherwise very average plastic switchgear and overall quality.

I think it will still sell and keep the the cash registers ringing at Maruti. The value propostion offered by Maruti in terms of service network, mileage and resale value are too strong for anyone to discount.

I had booked one in July but I don't think I will be going ahead with it.
Traveler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 01:19   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara to be launched on September 26

Maruti Suzuki will launch the new Grand Vitara in India on September 26, 2022.
Let’s hope they reveal all the prices at once. We are yet to see HyRyder mild hybrid’s price. Car manufacturers have become way too annoying in launch process these days. Such stupidity should end soon.
neochanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 10:01   #100
BHPian

Any dealer in Delhi where the car is available to view?
Old 24th September 2022, 10:13   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I checked out the GV Strong Hybrid today. The display cars have started arriving at the dealers and I went to check the car along with my son.
Which dealer did you visit? The one near my house said they are receiving the cars only next week.
Old 24th September 2022, 10:20   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Which dealer did you visit? The one near my house said they are receiving the cars only next week.
Mandovi Nexa Yelahanka. It's opposite to the RMZ mall.
Old 24th September 2022, 11:42   #103

Received these pics from Nexa SA. They received 3 vehicles today morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220924wa0019.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220924wa0020.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220924wa0017.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220924wa0014.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220924wa0012.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220924wa0011.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220924wa0008.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220924wa0005.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20220924wa0018.jpg  

Dinup P Pillai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 13:59   #104
BANNED

I had opportunity to see Grand Vitara today, it was alpha variant, blue color. I spent around 15 minutes. The experience was very unimpressive.

Some of the comments by potential customers who were checking the car, included ( it is not the exact translation but on similar lines) "why i should pay 15-20 lakhs for this car which looks 15 year old vehicle". " It is typical Maruti, what is premium in this car". " The car looks so cheap". However, there were few who appeared to be genuinely impressed but were disappointed after hearing the speculated price range.

My observation:

Interiors-

(1) Even though they attempted to provide soft touch materials, It lacks sophistication. In my opinion, color combination does not appear premium at all. The plastic looks so cheap, it is shade of black (appears faded). It gives a feeling of an old car!!.
(2) The hand rest in the front is so small, compared to rest of the car. It appears disproportionate to me.
(3) If leather develops patina after long-term use it will improve looks(for those who love patina). The leather/leatherette seats color choice in GV, appears to be poor in my opinion.It looks like faded already and not in a good away.
(4) I did not have any issue with head space in the back, (i am 5' 10).
(5) Sitting in the middle seat was unpleasant even though it was for a short period.

If they had stuck to black, and quality at least similar to the outgoing S Cross, it would have been better.

Exterior.

(1) The 17 inch wheels looks big and proportionate to the vehicle. The car overall gives a feeling of being smaller compared to Creta.
(2) Vitara looks okish, i think Seltos is beautiful( looks being subjective). I would buy Seltos without thinking twice, just because of its looks!!! ( i am mindful of its poor safety rating).

My brother in law had plans to book Grand Vitara mild hybrid Zeta Variant or XL6. On my sister's insistence, they booked Honda City 5 Gen, pearl white, V variant after the test drive. My sister was impressed with the drive quality and also interiors. It looks like a good decision now.

Overall, in my opinion it lacks the "vow" factor.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th September 2022 at 17:06. Reason: Maruthi = Maruti.
John s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 14:23   #105

Visited Nexa, Marathalli, Bangalore... They have Delta MT and Alpha AWD.

Here is a short video...

Dinup P Pillai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed