Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2022, 16:17   #106

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

I wanted to check a few things in the delta variant, as we have never seen anything below alpha till now.

1. Rear seat headroom. In the absence of sunroof, the headroom is better and I see no concerns (am 6').

2. Infotainment system. Delta seems to have 7" smartplay Pro system. It does support wireless Android Auto as well... I was able to test it out.

3. Delta does have 3 point seat belt for rear seat middle passenger also. Seems to be a standard across all variants.

4. Dual tone interiors are not bad... but all hard plastics. Typical Maruti quality.

5. Reverse parking camera doesn't support dynamic grid lines. Looks like that's reserved for 360 degree camera.
Dinup P Pillai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 23:19   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
Some pictures of the base variant which were forwarded to me by dealer. I guess it's okay to share them here?

Attachment 2361022
Nice, base variant pics hints affordable pricing. Maruti can easily start from 9.5 lakhs for the base variant. I cant find any reason to price this car at a premium of 1 lakh over the scross. Hoping for a sensible pricing from MSIL please dont follow the Toyotas.
Old 25th September 2022, 10:26   #108
BHPian

I recently visited Delhi Showroom to check out the Vitara final spec vehicle in person to compare against my recently purchased Seltos. My observations on some key points are as follows:

1) The Seltos is a much better looking car overall, exteriors and interiors combined (when we compare Top Variant to Top Variant). Period. I don't think there is any point in debating that. The only point in its favour is its newness. It will attract those people who have the mentality, " Naya hain to behtar Hain". But, yes, it's not as downright ugly and gaudy as the current Creta. That is in a league of its own! But since even that look sells in thousands, so obviously looks is not the most important factor by which a car sells.

2) The Power-train options in Seltos are much more appealing across the line up and are generally better specced on paper compared to Vitara Variants. There are practical aspects to ponder however during actual usage.

I drove the 5 speed MT variant of GV on Delhi roads and it was a very easy car to drive with good gear ratio spread for city roads. I drove the Seltos on my way back to home down those same roads at a gap of half an hour from test drive. So, the traffic had not changed much. But the 6 speed MT of Seltos, though lovely as a cruiser on highways, is a royal pain in you know where on City Roads. Constant gear changing and engine stoppage at low speeds has been my experience so far. May be I will have to learn to drive it and get used to it. But Seltos 6 speed Manual is not a fun car to drive for me on City Roads, especially in crowded roads of Delhi. A friend who recommended the Seltos to me told me pointedly, that he had never recommended the Manual versions of 6 speed Seltos to anyone hence. I am a bit surprised by this though as the 6 speed manuals that i have driven in Japan, even on congested Tokyo roads, have never behaved this way. Am kind of cursing myself for not putting that extra money for an auto variant.

3) The interior plastic touch and feel quality is exactly same in both cars. It is in the flexure when the plastic is pressed that I can feel a difference, with the GV being flimsier but similar to S Cross. But beyond the initial pressing tests, i haven't felt the urge to do so again and is a frivolous issue for me as the pressing test / knocking test results do not convert into durability. With that yard stick, not a single Daihatsu or Honda vehicle would sell in Japan as they are equally flexible to press.

4) The Sun Roofs are not the best suite of each car as the Seltos one is a "naam ke waste sunroof" and GV has a "naam ke waaste Panorama SunRoof"!! But if opening of a Sun Roof is a criteria, then yes, the GV has a bigger opening and a more complicated Sun Roof mechanism. The curtain on the Sun Roof is something that been a point of irritation for most customers, is acceptable for me as most European cars with Rolled up curtains have the same look and feel. But it is an irritant none the less for sure.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 25th September 2022 at 10:28.
Carma2017 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 12:36   #109
BHPian

I have a question. Whether the thin plastic cladding of wheel arch visible from the engine bay is a bad design for achieving adequate safety (during crashes), less physical protection/ barrier for engine bay, noise level inside cabin? In one word, is it a matter of serious concern?

It seems I am not a lone person reporting the ergonomic issue of right knee rubbing against rounded corner of the central console for the co-passenger. Usually we do not find this kind of ergonomic design issue in Maruti Suzuki cars. Frustrating to find these issues, inadequate head room, poor quality of sun roof shade in GV. Otherwise it could be a good package.

Last edited by RijuC : 25th September 2022 at 12:43.
Old 25th September 2022, 14:18   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I have a question. Whether the thin plastic cladding of wheel arch visible from the engine bay is a bad design for achieving adequate safety (during crashes), less physical protection/ barrier for engine bay, noise level inside cabin? In one word, is it a matter of serious concern?
The plastic cladding in the wheel arch is visible from the engine bay even in S-Cross and Brezza so I assume that Grand Vitara should be at par with those cars if not better.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 16:34   #111
BHPian

Does the Grand Vitara come with UV cut glasses? Notice the Hyryder does but couldn’t find this spec on the GV unless I overlooked it on the brochure.
Audik75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 19:08   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audik75 View Post
Does the Grand Vitara come with UV cut glasses? Notice the Hyryder does but couldn’t find this spec on the GV unless I overlooked it on the brochure.
Details of the Zeta variant. It has UV cut glass
SedateGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 19:51   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Delta variant out.

Quick notice.
Part fabric in the door pad area instead of the leather covering in the higher variants.
Loses the rear wash/wipe.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 22:00   #114
BHPian

Have called up Nexa Fortpoint - Kurla, Mumbai today. They have confirmed that GV is on display. Went there around 6 pm. The family was very excited to see the vehicle. There were 3-4 customers who were checking out Grand Vitara. They had a Nexa blue colour car on display.

Here are my impressions about the vehicle -
1. Front end looks okay, not sophisticated/not having too many design elements. This car may not have that impactful road presence. The rear and side profiles look good.
2. Nexa blue colour looks really good on this car.
3. Car felt compact when sat inside. It wasn't wide enough.
4. I am 6"5', felt the headroom a bit less.
5. Sunroof is big, rear seat passengers can enjoy it.
6. Seat width was just okay, not great
7. This was a smart Hybrid variant. I found the boot space decent, not great. Strong Hybrid will have an even smaller boot. One may end up leaving a parcel tray at home for most of the weekend trips.
8. Plastics used in dashboard and doors can be compared to those found in Swift/Baleno etc. Definitely not as per the segment standards.
9. Audio quality was good. No thumping bass though. Hyundai, Kia and Tata are offering superior quality setups.
10. Car is big outside, the proportionate space is not available inside. Rear seat is for 2 people only.

Overall, not a very exciting offering except for the fuel efficiency.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th September 2022 at 17:22. Reason: Typo
Old 26th September 2022, 00:01   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
https://Youtu.be/yrIy-pRdFds

Delta variant out.

Quick notice.
Part fabric in the door pad area instead of the leather covering in the higher variants.
Loses the rear wash/wipe.
Plastic on dashboard/ door panels and it's color is looking quite cheap, although layout is nice.

Why is the car looking too short in height?
Old 26th September 2022, 12:04   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand Vitara garners 57.000 bookings , with 43% of pre-bookings have come for the strong hybrid option.

The combined production capacity for both models is 15,000 units a month. Could have a long waiting period as demand picks up.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-fdjbucviaen4sb.jpg

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 2387
Size:  136.7 KB

Link

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th September 2022 at 12:22.
volkman10 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:23   #117
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Launched prices range from Rs 10.45 lakh – Rs 19.65 lakh.

- Mild Hybrid MT : Rs 10.45L to Rs 15.55L

- Mild Hybrid AT : Rs 13.40L to Rs 17.05L

- Mild Hybrid MT AWD : Rs 16.89L to Rs 17.05L

- Strong Hybrid eCVT : Rs 17.99L to Rs 19.65L
(ex-showroom)

Press Release

Name:  20220926_123311.jpg
Views: 2230
Size:  54.4 KB

Maruti Suzuki offers a special introductory package consisting of extended warranty till 5 years / 1Lakh kms and worth over Rs. 67,000 accessory pack on the Grand Vitara Intelligent Electric Hybrid.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th September 2022 at 12:51.
Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:31   #118
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's version of strong hybrid top variant is 50k more than Toyota's equivalent version of strong hybrid variant. Don't know what to say. We know that Maruti will price it higher, for strong hybrid variants than Toyota, but, 50k is too much in my opinion.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 26th September 2022 at 12:33.
vvrchandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:32   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

₹ 4K difference between Alpha 1.5L NeoDrive Grand Vitara and V 1.5L NeoDrive Urban Cruiser HyRyder.

₹ 50K difference between Strong Hybrid variants of Grand Vitara and Urban Cruiser HyRyder. With HyRyder getting a base S variant for the Strong Hybrid as well taking the entry price point into the Strong Hybrid ecosystem lower.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 26th September 2022 at 12:34.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:40   #120
BHPian

And my dreams of owning a GV come crashing down.

Grossly over priced. Let the cancellations begin.
The present King is safe, no chance of dethroning it.

Last edited by SedateGuy : 26th September 2022 at 12:52. Reason: Added a line
SedateGuy is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks