Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2022, 21:47   #391
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
I am 100% sure that Maruti is prioritising production of the Grand Vitara as it comes with greater profits!
Grand Vitara is being produced at Toyota Bidadi plant. So, at least it is not about production capacity as far as Brezza is concerned. Maruti Suzuki would like to project Vitara as a success by any means, so would employ any trick in their kitty. It might be a case of component shortage though and Vitara getting prioritized for the larger profit it would bring. But I don't think they can keep Brezza sells down for long. Can Grand Vitara for the asking price of the MILD hybrid sustain the sell numbers ? Next two months will answer this question.
d-g-p is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 23:11   #392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
Grand Vitara is being produced at Toyota Bidadi plant. So, at least it is not about production capacity as far as Brezza is concerned. Maruti Suzuki would like to project Vitara as a success by any means, so would employ any trick in their kitty. It might be a case of component shortage though and Vitara getting prioritized for the larger profit it would bring. But I don't think they can keep Brezza sells down for long. Can Grand Vitara for the asking price of the MILD hybrid sustain the sell numbers ? Next two months will answer this question.
Spot on quote . They want to articulate that grand vitara is a grand success. So that they have brought brezza dispatch to such low numbers. Basically, to rank up the GA on sales chart. The engine production capacity of K12C won't be an issue through.
Chevyspark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 19:10   #393
BHPian

Quote:
At the same time Brezza despatches has gone down below 10K mark. This is for a car which has 3-4 months waiting as per most sources and numbers for which was 15K+ in last few months. Bad inventory management or Semiconductor shortage or Transportation issues ? Maruti ain't bad at any of them. Brezza made a scapegoat for Grand Vitara ? Something fishy here !
It will be interesting to see the data breakdown between smart hybrid and Full Hybrid.
The explanation is simple really. The Brezza CNG production is being prioritised before launch. Hence the numbers are lower. It is expected that there will be a spike next month and even things out.
Carma2017 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 19:49   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The explanation is simple really. The Brezza CNG production is being prioritised before launch. Hence the numbers are lower. It is expected that there will be a spike next month and even things out.
We are yet to hear anything official about Brezza CNG, we know it will come very soon. But how many units of CNG are going to be sold as opposed to Pure petrol engines. Consider the following:
(1) Power is going to be reduced for what is already barely sufficient for a car of this size.
(2) Boot space is going to be severely compromised, so it no longer stays as a family car or for highway use.
(3) Cost of the CNG car is going to be increased by at least one lakh over the same corresponding petrol model.
(4) Prices of CNG are increasing rapidly and who knows what will be its pricing after a year or so. Would it make much of a difference for majority of customers those shopping at 15 lakhs and above?
(5) An "S" variant of Toyota urban Cruiser Hyryder Full hybrid would make more sense in place ZXI or ZXI+ variants of Brezza if only mileage matters. Only the lower variants of Brezza CNG would make more sense.
I don't think CNG would constitute more than 25-30% of Brezza sells. And for this volume do they need to stop Petrol only Brezza 2-3 months ahead ?
d-g-p is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 20:39   #395
BHPian

Quote:
We are yet to hear anything official about Brezza CNG, we know it will come very soon. But how many units of CNG are going to be sold as opposed to Pure petrol engines. Consider the following:
(1) Power is going to be reduced for what is already barely sufficient for a car of this size.
(2) Boot space is going to be severely compromised, so it no longer stays as a family car or for highway use.
(3) Cost of the CNG car is going to be increased by at least one lakh over the same corresponding petrol model.
(4) Prices of CNG are increasing rapidly and who knows what will be its pricing after a year or so. Would it make much of a difference for majority of customers those shopping at 15 lakhs and above?
(5) An "S" variant of Toyota urban Cruiser Hyryder Full hybrid would make more sense in place ZXI or ZXI+ variants of Brezza if only mileage matters. Only the lower variants of Brezza CNG would make more sense.
I don't think CNG would constitute more than 25-30% of Brezza sells. And for this volume do they need to stop Petrol only Brezza 2-3 months ahead ?
I cannot comment about viability of CNG models. I trust Suzuki understands market better than me. I believe the Grand Vitara too will have a CNG version. Time will tell if customers care about their money enough in this segment to buy CNG cars. My experience tells me that what you say is true. But India is a funny country where trust and brand loyalty mixed with Kitna Deti hain mentality sometimes throw up funny results.

They would not have stopped production of Brezza. There are two possible scenarios. In first case, Suzuki might be doing production line trials which are typically done at lower line speeds resulting in production losses. Or they would not have dispatched the CNG units to Dealers yet if already made. Hence the dip.
Carma2017 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 15:05   #396

My car has been allotted. Alpha+ strong hybrid Grandeur Grey. Payments done. Delivery on tuesday.

As promised, Extended warranty was included (quoted price 36533) and pristine accessories package (worth 36440) too. Accessories are yet to be received in showroom. They have asked for a week’s time. The basic accessories also included in that. So need to pay for basic accessories.

Overall the price difference between hyryder and grand vitara top end comes out to around 25k ( if extended warranty and basic accessories are included).

I had booked both right when bookings opened. Going ahead with the grand vitara because there is absolutely no news of expected delivery date or allotment from toyota. Also i had already sold my vehicle two months back and been travelling in a can daily for work. Cant wait for anymore.

I have attached the pristine accessories package list.
Attached Images

itsmystyle07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 15:50   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmystyle07 View Post
My car has been allotted. Alpha+ strong hybrid Grandeur Grey. Payments done. Delivery on tuesday.

As promised, Extended warranty was included (quoted price 36533) and pristine accessories package (worth 36440) too.

Overall the price difference between hyryder and grand vitara top end comes out to around 25k ( if extended warranty and basic accessories are included).
Congratulations and good luck. I had to let go of my allotment because of a last minute notice from the dealership.

BTW, are you saying you need to only pay 25k more than the Hyryder or is it ~ 75k considering the value of the freebies? Mind sharing the final on road price?
Old 6th November 2022, 16:43   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Congratulations and good luck. I had to let go of my allotment because of a last minute notice from the dealership.

BTW, are you saying you need to only pay 25k more than the Hyryder or is it ~ 75k considering the value of the freebies? Mind sharing the final on road price?
Grand vitara Alpha+ Strong hybrid monotone Grandeur Grey. Basic 2 yrs warranty

Ex : ₹19,49,000.
RTO (Tamil nadu) : ₹2,94,850
TCS : ₹19490
Insurance : ₹ 58579 (through suzuki itself. Covers TP + zero dep)
MS rewards : ₹885
Fastag : ₹600

Total : ₹23,23,404. (Incl extended warranty 5 years and pristine accessories kit)

Hyryder V variant Strong hybrid monotone midnight black. Basic 3 yr warranty

Ex : ₹18,99,000.
RTO : ₹2,94,850.
TCS : ₹18990
Insurance : ₹55997 (through toyota. Again basic comparable)

Total : ₹22,68,837.
Extended warranty to 5 yrs : ₹18,771.
Accessories package : ₹11,350.
Net total : 22,98,958.

Difference approx : 25k.

I dont know how both Toyota and Maruti are quoting the same RTO charges. Its 15% here in tamilnadu. Hence Maruti’s RTO should be ₹7.5k higher. However i double checked with Maruti and they have acknowledged the completion of my payment.
May be Toyota is including some shady Logistics charges into it i dont know. Since the car hasnt been allotted, i didnt go into the details of it.
itsmystyle07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 13:34   #399
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Grand Vitara bookings cross the 75,000 units mark

Maruti Suzuki has registered over 75,000 bookings for the Grand Vitara since July 11, 2022.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-2022marutigrandvitara01.jpg

By the time the Grand Vitara was officially launched on September 26, bookings for the mid-size SUV had crossed the 57,000 mark. Out of the total bookings so far, hybrid variants account for 35%.

The Maruti Grand Vitara is available in six variants with prices starting at Rs 10.45 lakh (ex-showroom).

The SUV is offered with two engine options. These include the familiar 1.5-litre mild-hybrid petrol engine that makes 103 BHP and 137 Nm and a 1.5-litre strong-hybrid producing 115 BHP and 122 Nm, paired with a 78 BHP electric motor.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 9th November 2022 at 13:36.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 08:47   #400
BHPian

Reduction in the bookings of Strong Hybrid variants - is an indicator that Maruti has priced it higher than the expectations. Mild hybrids will be the volume drivers. Expected price revisions in the coming months will certainly shift the balance more in favour of mild hybrids. Top end Creta / Seltos should find themselves in a comfortable territory.
Old 10th November 2022, 10:15   #401
BHPian

Guys. Wondering which model would be a wiser Choice? Grand Vitara All Grip or Hyryder AWD? Thanks.
Old 10th November 2022, 11:23   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
Guys. Wondering which model would be a wiser Choice? Grand Vitara All Grip or Hyryder AWD? Thanks.
The Grand Vitara, since both the engine and tech are both from Suzuki.

Unless you like the looks of the sibling cars better, it would be better to stay with the brand from where the engine comes.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 11:38   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
You may quickly prepare a flow chart:

1. Prepare an apple to apple comparison of new Grand Vitara AWD and Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder AWD from their respective technical brochures. Consider every feature and line items of both. Check whether there is any important feature or safety related feature or the feature you need is absent. Dump that car straight away.

2. If both are comparable technically and feature-wise, and no compromise for any particular feature; which car exterior or interior you like the most? Whether your favourite colour is available for the new Grand Vitara or the Hyryder?

3. Next, which one gives you a better on-road price and warranty coverage package?

4. Which service centre is suitable/ preferred and nearest to your location?

Personally, I would prefer the new Grand Vitara All-grip AWD, and, the Hyryder if I buy the strong hybrid variant.
RijuC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 19:42   #404
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki will introduce the Grand Vitara CNG in the Indian market in December 2022.

Bookings expected to commence soon.

Quote:
The Grand Vitara CNG's prices will be announced after the Toyota Hyryder CNG launch, which is expected in the coming weeks.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 10th November 2022 at 19:43.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 10:34   #405

Owners of Grand Vitara ? Have you got suzuki connect activated ? If so how long it took to get activated ? I got it delivered 4 days back. When i enter the VIN number to activate, it shows VIN number doesn’t exist in records !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks