Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2022, 12:39   #421
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

I suggest you to ignore any horn upgrade as of now. This might impact your warranty if some thing goes wrong due to unauthorized installations. Yes, I agree that the stock horn set is pathetic. Still, if you want to go ahead, get this done at the authorized service centre only.

For your information, battery available in the engine bay is the only one that has to be considered for drawing power for any extra equipment related requirements of the car. Other batteries that you are talking about are not for this purpose. I strictly advise you to not do any attempt in connecting anything to the other batteries. This apply to both mild hybrid and hybrid variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Rao View Post
Since the OEM horn on the Grand Vitara as well as the Hyryder is really pathetic, has anyone installed the Hella Pearl Dual Trumpet Horn or the Bosch Symphony Dual Horn Set?
[*]Would be immensely grateful if you explain, how to install (with a 4-pin relay) without wire-cutting and hence prevent warranty void.
[*]Well, I was told by an experienced mechanic that to prevent wire-cutting, we can connect directly to the battery. Since there are two batteries (Viz., main one at the rear and a much smaller, independent one below the boot), which one would be ideal for connecting the new, dual horn?[/list]

Last edited by Hickstead : 18th November 2022 at 13:03.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 12:58   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Rao View Post
Since the OEM horn on the Grand Vitara as well as the Hyryder is really pathetic, .........Since there are two batteries (Viz., main one at the rear and a much smaller, independent one below the boot), which one would be ideal for connecting the new, dual horn?[/list]
I feel the dual horn are adequate for city usage and more over I use it only when absolutely needed. I prefer to keep my vehicle as much stock as possible and has never faced any electrical issues in my past 6 vehicles.

Any kind of electricals modification will definitely give enough reasons to the service center to deny a warranty claim. These days cars are loaded with lots of sensitive electronic & gadgets so better safe guard your warranty and it’s not just worth it to lose it for a horn. Also as far as I know don't touch the lithium ion battery as its a 48volt system.
Old 18th November 2022, 15:47   #423
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki new Grand Vitara vs. Hyundai Creta earlier generation model- I find the front and Bonet portions of Grand Vitara little more aggressive. However, the Grand Vitara looks more like a cross-over body type.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20221118_134959525_hdr2.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20221118_1349436753.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20221118_134952203_hdr2.jpg  

Last edited by RijuC : 18th November 2022 at 15:51.
RijuC is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 17:15   #424
BHPian

Can the owners confirm if the Led headlight bulb in the top varient are a fixed unit or removable/replaceable? And it's wattage?
Old 18th November 2022, 21:29   #425
BHPian

Grand Vitara Zeta AT owner here too, upgrading after owning a 15 year old SX4 which is pertinent because the difference is huge.

Engine performance is fine. The kick down function works brilliantly and plus you can also manually shift down using the paddle shifter which is a very neat feature.
The engine is a lot peppier above 3k rpm right upto red line.

No complaints with the engine whatsoever.

Been driving in the city only with a very heavy foot and I get a royal 10kmpl.
Again, no complaints here because I wanted to see what all the fuss in this forum was all about.

I'm glad I didn't listen to the long list of what I believe is nit picking.

Headlights are pretty good. Edges are well defined. Lights are well focused and I could see well.
High beams are pretty darn near perfect with a good spread.

Agree on the gear shift not illuminating the correct gear. Takes getting used to.

In love with Suzuki connect. Valet mode, AC on remote, remote unlock and the geo fencing are amazing among the other features.

Seats are a little narrow but firm and can adjust to make you sit tall.

I'm 5'11". No concerns with head room in the back seat.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you upgrade after a long time, you stop nit picking and begin to enjoy the car for what it is.

Last edited by Otto : 18th November 2022 at 21:33. Reason: Additional info
Otto is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 18:14   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Is the engine in the Grand Vitara mild-hybrid identical to the engine that was offered on the outgoing 2022 S-Cross?
Same power at the same RPM, same mileage etc?
Same transmission too in the MT?
Are they identical or similar?
It's mostly same. The outgoing S-cross has k15B engine and Grand Vitara has K15C engine which is tuned bit more for efficiency with little detuned power figures. Grand Vitara comes with 137nm torque, whereas S-cross has 139nm torque.

S-cross had 4 speed TC, but GV is now 6 speed TC. MT remains same.

It can be said that both are similar but not identical.
Beingtraveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 12:52   #427
BHPian

Do you get any updates on the Nexa website for your booking or only the SA can tell what is the current status? I booked Zeta+ Model on 4th Oct, no updates yet :(

There were speculations that higher models will be readily available due to many cancellations due to higher than expected price, which doesn't seem to be the case to me.
Old 24th November 2022, 13:25   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Do you get any updates on the Nexa website for your booking or only the SA can tell what is the current status? I booked Zeta+ Model on 4th Oct, no updates yet :(
I don't think Nexa has that system that will keep customer up to date on status of their vehicle. You'll be at the mercy of sales advisor for all communication. Sometimes you'll have to follow-up. I bought S-cross last year in October, if anything has changed since then, I'm not aware - but I highly doubt that.

Your sales advisor will let you know about the status - Dispatched, in transit etc.
Beingtraveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 16:00   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Do you get any updates on the Nexa website for your booking....There were speculations that higher models will be readily available due to many cancellations....
Booking updates are not available on Nexa/Maruti site. As per a Nexa sales guy there is a higher demand for lower variants (Sigma & Delta), and models like Zeta and Alpha had some cancellations after pricing was revealed.

Since you are opting for higher variant, I guess it should be available easily. Just call up a few Nexa showrooms around you and ask for in-stock vehicles options. Also since you are opting for full hybrid, just try your luck with Toyota Hyryder. I was lucky to get my Zeta in 4 days around a month ago.
tj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 11:14   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Engine performance is fine. The kick down function works brilliantly and plus you can also manually shift down using the paddle shifter which is a very neat feature.

No complaints with the engine whatsoever.
Exactly my thoughts. Have driven both the Hyryder and Grand Vitara mild hybrid ATs on longish drives and did not find the car lacking in power. Low end torque for crawling traffic is optimal. The paddle shifters lend you extra control for bursts of power that help with overtaking and speeding up. Shift to M, and the engine revs up all the way to the redline in just how smoothly you'd expect the K series mill to.

I'd really take reviews calling the NA-TC combination "just adequate" with a pinch of salt because not everyone wants to set the roads on fire.

My only grouses are the dated instrument cluster and the uninspiring feel of the doors, although safety and structural stability don't necessarily come only with how the panels feel.
pannags is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 11:30   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Have driven both the Hyryder and Grand Vitara mild hybrid ATs on longish drives and did not find the car lacking in power. Low end torque for crawling traffic is optimal. The paddle shifters lend you extra control for bursts of power that help with overtaking and speeding up. Shift to M, and the engine revs up all the way to the redline in just how smoothly you'd expect the K series mill to.

I'd really take reviews calling the NA-TC combination "just adequate" with a pinch of salt because not everyone wants to set the roads on fire.

My only grouses are the dated instrument cluster and the uninspiring feel of the doors, although safety and structural stability don't necessarily come only with how the panels feel.
I'm glad someone else also feels the way I do. Thank you.

I just figured that you can upshift using the paddle shifters on D mode too.
Go figure.

I know I sound naive, but that's exactly my point - that when you upgrade after a respected period, everything will amaze you and you stop taking things for granted.

Don't even get me started on the wonderful invention of the reverse camera.

The car works well. It's solidly built and makes you feel safe with a quality feel.

I've driven plenty of other cars and I can for sure say that maruti has been taken for granted.

Sometimes I feel people have it against Maruti, sometimes I feel its jealousy and most other times, it's favouring one brand over the other but it's sad to note that the majority of the people on this forum have nothing nice to say about a perfectly fine car.
Otto is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:37   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Sometimes I feel people have it against Maruti, sometimes I feel its jealousy and most other times, it's favouring one brand over the other but it's sad to note that the majority of the people on this forum have nothing nice to say about a perfectly fine car.
If you and your family love a car, you should go for it with out any second thought after a proper test drive. There are many short falls in the twins and hence received some good criticism here in the forum.

1) No butch looks and no advantage compared to Brezza in the cabin space.
2) Bad head room
3) Horrible part sharing from lower models
4) Bad execution of Sunroof with weak blind
5) Poor placement of battery hindering the boot space in Hybrid.
etc.

Last edited by Hickstead : 25th November 2022 at 13:44.
Hickstead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 15:08   #433
BHPian

I too agree maruti has almost become like punching bag where people have been criticising it for lot of things such as built quality, part sharing etc, but to a serious buyer who thinks logically this is the most practical car one can buy for daily commute.
1. Part sharing. Ofcourse there is part sharing. Many car companies do that including Hyundai. But are the interiors bad compared to the competition. I don't think so. I took my entire family and they checked skoda kushaq, Taigun,Creta, Alcazar, Mg Astor, Seltos on a single day. In the end except Astor or may be alcazar, almost all had similar quality interiors. If part sharing has allowed them to bring Hybrid technologies to this price point. I am ok with it.

2. Built quality. Yes doors are indeed lighter and car which cost 20LAC should have heavier doors. But i did check boot and bonet. Both of them
were heavier or at par with the competition.

3. Sunroof. It's Panaromic so no problem with that but yes the sun shade is just a mosquito net.

4. Safety. It's based on brezza so expected to get atleast 4 star and may be improved upon(3 point seat belt) so may get a 5 star ratings.

So where is the problem. The problem is this a new car which doesn't bring any "wow" factor or road presence which a new car brings with it. Everybody who is upgrading it's car or spending 20 LACs after he has spent around 10LAC before was expecting to bring home a car which has some wow factor for a 20LAC new car. Definitely missing.

For me this is the most practical car i could have brought within 20 LAC and that's what mattered to me.
It's possiblly 4/5 star rated car. Most fuel efficient petrol(In NCR you cant think to buy diesel anymore), has most of the features I need.

Yes if possibly the government brings down the cost a bit by taxing it in a more rational manner the deal could have been sweeter. But i don't think with a government which is pushing home grown companies and technologies, supporting hybrid technologies is their priority.
drsachin is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 09:01   #434
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
The problem is this a new car which doesn't bring any "wow" factor
Maruti's "wow" factor is that, unlike a lot of the competition, it won't leave you stranded. The dealers will consistently deliver good after-sales service. And the FE (especially of the hybrid variants) will be astonishingly good. It will also be easy to maintain & relatively abuse-friendly. The tech will be old (NA petrol, torque-converter AT), yet it will be more robust than the newer tech (dual-clutch ATs, turbo-charged direct-injection engines).

This matters to a lot of people. It's the reason we recently bought a Brezza for my bhabhi over other Compact SUVs with "wow" factors.

No one ever got fired for buying a Maruti.

Last edited by GTO : 26th November 2022 at 10:17. Reason: One more thing
GTO is offline   (140) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 09:25   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maruti's "wow" factor is that, unlike a lot of the competition, it won't leave you stranded. The dealers will consistently deliver good after-sales service. And the FE (especially of the hybrid variants) will be astonishingly good. It will also be easy to maintain & relatively abuse-friendly.

This matters to a lot of people. It's the reason we recently bought a Brezza for my bhabhi over other Compact SUVs with "wow" factors.

No one ever got fired for buying a Maruti.
Totally agree with you sir that's why I have booked Hyryder G-Hybrid. Would have definitely brought Grand vitara Hybrid but somehow the sales guys at Nexa showroom didn't seem interested to sell strong hybrids they were pushing pushing for mild hybrids only. And I felt Toyota guys might still provide a better after sales as the technicians already knows how to service a hybrid car
drsachin is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks