Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:18   #1501
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Just came today to the Mody Kharkhana showroom to get the legroom light fitted. I saw 2 ZX(O) - Pearl White and 1 ZX - Bronze in the basement. Well somebody is going to get their deliveries soon…
How useful have been the accessories you got fitted esp the legroom light. Did you also get art leather seat covers for your VX(O). Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:32   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
How useful have been the accessories you got fitted esp the legroom light. Did you also get art leather seat covers for your VX(O). Thanks
Initially I thought the legroom light would just be a single color light, however once done, I like it. Using the Smart Ambient Lighting app, connecting to the lights Bluetooth I can change the color from a wide variety and turn it off etc. Neat!

While I wanted the leather seat covers, they were not available and the dealer said there is no way to get it either so had to drop it. I’m still researching outside options in Hyderabad. I almost finalised Stanley however they surprised me with a price hike which pushes it out of my budget
sanketdesai82 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 20:57   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
That is not correct. All Karnataka RCs are available on Digilocker for a long time. I have it for both of my cars for years now. There could be a slight delay in upload from Karnataka RTO to National Vaahan portal in case of new vehicles but it will be available for sure.
I see only driving licence. Here is the screenshot of digilocker page for transport department. Even though it says RC, it is not listed under it.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230422_205419_digilocker.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2023, 01:33   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
I see only driving licence. Here is the screenshot of digilocker page for transport department. Even though it says RC, it is not listed under it.
Use below option under All states to search and download RC. This snapshot is from web version of Digilocker. It works for Karnatka RTO. Should work for other states also.

Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-rc-all-states.jpg  

Last edited by gladiatort1000 : 23rd April 2023 at 01:35.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 14:40   #1505
BHPian

Hi has anyone for side step fitted in HYCROSS. Is it available as an official accessory
Old 23rd April 2023, 17:05   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
Hi has anyone for side step fitted in HYCROSS. Is it available as an official accessory
Yesterday I did see a hycross ZX fitted with side step but it is not listed as part of the accessories list.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 01:43   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
... The accessories person told me that the car will be delivered bare with no floor mats or trunk mats or even mud flaps. Purchasing all of these separately sounds ridiculous for a 38+L car.
Almost all the reviews online of the Hycross sounds superficial covering only bells and whistles and devoid of practical value.

The Hycross has a kerb weight of 1730 Kg and torque of only 206 Nm which translates to a measly 119 Nm torque per tonne at 38L OTR.
Just imagine this vehicle loaded with 8 passengers and their luggage which easily adds 500+ extra Kilos to the Kerb weight and the plight of this vehicle on hills.

Arguably it is a hybrid and has an electric motor with instant torque right from zero rpm, but still this vehicle will be no match to any other diesel engine based MPVs/SUVs which typically have 350+ Nm of torque.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 24th April 2023 at 01:47.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 07:27   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Yesterday I did see a hycross ZX fitted with side step but it is not listed as part of the accessories list.
Wanted to know if side step will feel wierd or useful. Any idea where in NCR could I get it done most economically.
Old 24th April 2023, 12:26   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
Wanted to know if side step will feel wierd or useful. Any idea where in NCR could I get it done most economically.
Please check in Kashmere Gate. If you want, i can try to get 1 or 2 shop owner number for you, to confirm prices and other details.

Once i get my hycross delivered, if i require Side Step, that's the place i will head to get it fitted.
Old 24th April 2023, 12:58   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Almost all the reviews online of the Hycross sounds superficial covering only bells and whistles and devoid of practical value.

The Hycross has a kerb weight of 1730 Kg and torque of only 206 Nm which translates to a measly 119 Nm torque per tonne at 38L OTR.
Just imagine this vehicle loaded with 8 passengers and their luggage which easily adds 500+ extra Kilos to the Kerb weight and the plight of this vehicle on hills.

Arguably it is a hybrid and has an electric motor with instant torque right from zero rpm, but still this vehicle will be no match to any other diesel engine based MPVs/SUVs which typically have 350+ Nm of torque.
I have been scouting for negatives, but they are hard to come by. Either the car is amazing or the narrative is well controlled.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 13:07   #1511
BHPian

I took delivery of my ZX(O) yesterday. I followed Team-BHP's PDI checklist. The odo had 49 Km and the car is manufactured in April 2023.

The delivery process was smooth and pleasant.

The initial impressions are good:
1. The car is effortless to drive and is quick.
2. The AC is good, though it took time to cool the cabin yesterday as it was parked out in the sun for a long time.
3. I thought it had TPMS, and the salesperson confirmed the same. However, it seems I need to get the sensors installed. The display supports TPMS though.
4. The salespersons still cannot explain all the ADAS and other features on the car. I will figure this out through trial and error.
5. The audio is decent and seems a bit front heavy. I am no audiophile though.
6. The last row comfort is good, and my wife and brother sat through a 1-hour ride in relative comfort.
7. The Ottomans seem to be gimmicky. I will give them a try tomorrow on my way to office as the car will be chauffeur driven.
8. It takes a long time for the 2nd row seat to recline, as it's electric. The 3rd row passengers must wait to get in or get out.
9. The ride comfort is great as mentioned by the passengers in the 2nd and 3rd row.
10. The car is huge. I had an Innova and have a CR-V, and this is at least a size bigger than both.
11. The cameras are pathetic. Given the size of the car, the cameras should be the last place for Toyota to cut corners. It was stressful to park in my garage. For reference, the CR-V is a breeze to park in the same spot.

Let me know if anyone has any questions. Will be happy to answer.
mpthy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 13:27   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
I took delivery of my ZX(O) yesterday.
When did you book the car? What colour?
Old 24th April 2023, 13:34   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

Power and driveability is more than fine. It's just the economy car tier cheapness you might expect in an Alto but don't expect in a 40L car. Despite their perception here, Toyota is clearly no luxury brand and they still nickel and dime their customers. All the features will work and I'm sure it will last a long time but fit and finish along with the touch and feel quality of materials is rather poor which is what I'm complaining about.

Comparing or measuring hybrid power outputs are tricky since both the engine and motor aren't producing peak power at the same time. But the engine produces 150hp and 188nm of torque while the electric motor produces 111hp and 206nm of torque which is more than enough.

However, the engine produces peak horsepower pretty high up in the rev range which means you will have very linear acceleration. This will not give you the 'push you back in the seat' feel of a CRDI turbo diesel at low rpms but overall acceleration will be better if you put your foot down.

Personally, I find turbo diesels more pleasant to drive because I'm not a fan of going up the redline but I can recognize the capability here. Non-linear acceleration feels more sporty and fun to drive when you aren't going flat out.

Last edited by Cresterk : 24th April 2023 at 13:41.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 16:28   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
3. I thought it had TPMS, and the salesperson confirmed the same. However, it seems I need to get the sensors installed. The display supports TPMS though.
That is weird. I have VX and TPMS was standard. It works well. It warned me when tire PSI went below threshold.

Did you pay for sensors? Or was it free?
Old 24th April 2023, 17:01   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Tyre pressure monitoring system is available by default and is there in my VX(O). You need to check the driver dashboard as it it under one of those screens in it.

Most Viewed