Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 17:31   #1516
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
When did you book the car? What colour?
I booked on the day the bookings opened, i.e. 25th November. The colour is Blackish Ageha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
That is weird. I have VX and TPMS was standard. It works well. It warned me when tire PSI went below threshold.

Did you pay for sensors? Or was it free?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Tyre pressure monitoring system is available by default and is there in my VX(O). You need to check the driver dashboard as it it under one of those screens in it.
Perhaps I haven't figured how to use it then. I did see the option in the settings, but could not get to display the tyre pressure values on the screen. I haven't paid for anything yet. I thought i'd do it in the 1st service.

Can one of you share how to check the tyre pressure value? Or does it only give a notification in case of low pressure?
mpthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 19:41   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Can one of you share how to check the tyre pressure value? Or does it only give a notification in case of low pressure?
In MID screen, under settings you can choose between kPa and psi units for pressure and change the threshold. In my car it showed warning with below symbol when pressure had dropped by 3 psi than threshold of 33.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-ios.jpg  

gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:12   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Almost all the reviews online of the Hycross sounds superficial covering only bells and whistles and devoid of practical value.

The Hycross has a kerb weight of 1730 Kg and torque of only 206 Nm which translates to a measly 119 Nm torque per tonne at 38L OTR.
Just imagine this vehicle loaded with 8 passengers and their luggage which easily adds 500+ extra Kilos to the Kerb weight and the plight of this vehicle on hills.

Arguably it is a hybrid and has an electric motor with instant torque right from zero rpm, but still this vehicle will be no match to any other diesel engine based MPVs/SUVs which typically have 350+ Nm of torque.
Would love to know other Bphins experience on the power & torque deliverability over hills/ghat sections with 4-5 passengers & luggage onboard.
Old 24th April 2023, 20:19   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Use the steering wheel buttons to navigate the MID options that display the trip summary. See highlighted in red.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_20230424_201627.jpg

Use the vertical scroll button to get to TPMS view.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_20230424_201159.jpg
jthomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 21:46   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Would love to know other Bphins experience on the power & torque deliverability over hills/ghat sections with 4-5 passengers & luggage onboard.
Exactly that is what I am also looking out for. The torque figure looks to be too less. Any experience with high load and ghat section would be really great.
Old 24th April 2023, 22:42   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post

Use the vertical scroll button to get to TPMS view.
Got it. Thank you! Did not see this initially.
Old 25th April 2023, 18:23   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal rathee View Post
Had done the Maths already and still went ahead with 225/55. Had got both 225/55 & 235/50(ideal upsize) fitted on car with little to none visible difference in later.
Hello Vishal, can you let the forum know how the upgrade to 225/55-R18 is working for you? Have you had any signs of uneven wear or brushes against the wheel wells?

I think one of the things that is interesting to note is that the diameter for the stock R18 is lower than stock R17 on 215/60-R17. Therefore a 225/55-R18 setup would be bigger only by 2.2% from the latter. Ofcourse the number is far larger when compared to R18 stock setup.
Old 25th April 2023, 18:54   #1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Hello Vishal, can you let the forum know how the upgrade to 225/55-R18 is working for you? Have you had any signs of uneven wear or brushes against the wheel wells?

I think one of the things that is interesting to note is that the diameter for the stock R18 is lower than stock R17 on 215/60-R17. Therefore a 225/55-R18 setup would be bigger only by 2.2% from the latter. Ofcourse the number is far larger when compared to R18 stock setup.
Would tyre change from stock tyres void the manufacturer’s warranty on suspension.

I’m considering 235/55-R17 on my VX when i get it. This would result in no change to the diameter, sidewalk and circumference, and increase width by 10%. Would it void the toyota warranty since the width is more than the permissible 2%

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-a3489d7ae68f4a3e922d54ea6df42b0e.png
Old 25th April 2023, 20:33   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashd View Post
Would tyre change from stock tyres void the manufacturer’s warranty on suspension.
As a rule of thumb, “Yes”!

However, there is a bit of a caveat there. In all these years of ownership, I am yet to come across a manufacturer who honours warranty on suspension. Pardon my ignorance, but I think the standard response to any such ailment is passed off as “regular wear and tear”. So I will not be bothered about it much.

Secondly, 235/55-R17 is a perfect upgrade. It has Nil to Negligible difference with stock setup. However, there is another caveat on it. The original rims will be 6.5J; and I would be worried to put 225, leave alone 235. Can you put it? Of course, members here have put that width on the erstwhile Crysta, but I would stay away from putting wider than permitted tyres on alloys that are just not designed to take them.

Just my 2 cents
Overlander is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 09:13   #1525
BHPian

I have installed 235/55 R17 Michelins on my Hycross. On the original rims (Enkei Made). Better grip : Yes.

Overall Mileage : 13.5- 15.5 kmpl in City and highways.

Done 2500 kms so far. It is extremely easy to drive it in the city owing to the super light steering. Infact it makes me feel that my Fortuner doesn't even have a power steering.
Old 26th April 2023, 11:31   #1526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
It's just the economy car tier cheapness you might expect in an Alto but don't expect in a 40L car. Despite their perception here, Toyota is clearly no luxury brand and they still nickel and dime their customers. All the features will work and I'm sure it will last a long time but fit and finish along with the touch and feel quality of materials is rather poor which is what I'm complaining about.
Was reading all the reviews and the posts here, didn't really mind the touch and feel of the plastic quality granted that I own the 'case study of Toyota being cheap' (Etios) and even the Innova/Fortuner feel downgraded IMHO compared to pre 2010s Toyota interiors.

But nothing prepared me for the plastic quality and fit/finish in the Hycross. It was a Sunday afternoon and the vehicle was standing outside, so I must have spend barely 2 minutes in it. Quick in and out.
  • Ingress/egress is super easy and the driver seating position felt right. More of a commanding van like position than SUV position. The huge dead pedal definitely helped there.
  • Opened the armrest console and first shock. It felt so loose and the fit and finish of the area felt more like a Maruti. The lid and the whole console was shaking, and was not giving a robust feel.
  • And suddenly it occured to me that the seams and finishing of the plastic bits were all just okay, not anything great or precise. The steering mounted buttons didn't have that tactile feel. They might have gone for the soft, damped feel than the clickety feel, but it felt to more like the Tata Harrier steering buttons. 1/10 times in the Tata it would stay pressed and have to pried back.
  • Didn't notice the front seating comfort, which in my books is a good thing. I would have definitely noticed if it had poor support or comfort.
  • Rear seat was also comfortable, but the battery takes away wiggling room for the feet and the armrests are a touch thin IMO. It felt like the 1st gen Innova captain chair armrests. The 2nd gen Innova (Crysta) surely had thicker armrests.
  • The foldable tray in the middle looks like it wouldn't last a couple of knee/leg hits.
  • Entered the third row between the 2nd row seats. Felt it was comfortable, but again the plastic quality in the sides/bottleholders were a miss.
  • Checked the showroom TD Innova Crysta on sale, parked inside the showroom. Just opened the driver's door to heck the wear on the driver seat and it suddenly struck me. The doors of the innova Crysta had weight and that expected quality, while the Hycross door felt like my Etios.
  • Hopped onto the Hilux parked in the showroom and its centre console/armrest area felt like it was made out of granite, compared to the Hycross armrest console.

The Hycross was parked outside and it was afternoon. Even then the AC performed decently for the 2 minutes I spend in it, with the engine kicked in only for the last 20 seconds I was in it. The audio quality also felt fine, given that I played FM stations in it.

May have a more positive feeling if I spend more time in the cabin and with a TD. Right now, it was just a quick in and out, so I maybe wrong.
DicKy is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 13:38   #1527
BHPian

I purchased Elegant Nubuck Patina Fabric (Tan color) Seat Cover from Elegant online - https://elegantautoretail.com/collec...43938278441184 for around 24.4k on their website. Got it installed in Bangalore Elegant Studio in JC Road. Seat is fabric with a finishing which looks like leather. Pics given below:
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-front.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-mid.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-rear.jpg  

gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 14:56   #1528
BHPian

Anyone has any suggestions for a good dashcam
Old 26th April 2023, 17:58   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
Anyone has any suggestions for a good dashcam
I got Toyota DVR for my HyCross. See this post for all the information related to the DVR - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5520200 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)

It is decent and does not void any warranty, since it installed at the dealer.
Old 26th April 2023, 21:15   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
I purchased Elegant Nubuck Patina Fabric (Tan color) Seat Cover from Elegant online - https://elegantautoretail.com/collec...43938278441184 for around 24.4k on their website. Got it installed in Bangalore Elegant Studio in JC Road. Seat is fabric with a finishing which looks like leather. Pics given below:
How easy was it to get it fitted by the local studio?
Is it snug fit?
How is the quality? Did you hear good reviews about this brand or had prior experience with this brand?
What would be the life of these?

Sorry too many questions as I’m actively looking for an option for my car. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks