Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2023, 00:34   #1531
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
How easy was it to get it fitted by the local studio?
Is it snug fit?
How is the quality? Did you hear good reviews about this brand or had prior experience with this brand?
What would be the life of these?
  • I have used Elegant fabric seat covers in 3 of my ( and my family) cars (Etios, Innova and Marazzo). All these were from their Europa Turbo Range - https://elegantautoretail.com/produc...nt=44217160341 Oldest is more than 10+ years. It is still intact with minor wear/tear from a decade of use. In my experience Elegant make one of the best premium finish fabric seat covers. Their seat covers are spill proof and easy to clean. Also offer lot of comfort. I can vouch from my personal experience of 10+ years. If you search on team-bhp, you can see many members happy with Elegant purchase.
  • The one I purchased for HyCross is Nubuck Patina, which is a bit more premium.
  • They have authorized dealers/outlets in most of major cities in India. You can either buy through these dealers or buy online and then get installation free by showing the invoice. All my purchases were online and got it installed in Bengaluru Elegant Dealer in JC Road. They did not ask for any money. On my own I usually tip the workers who install. If there is no Elegant outlet, then any car accessories/seat cover outlet can fit these for nominal installation charge.
  • Fit is really good and snug. All 3 previous purchases were hassle free and fitted perfectly (Etios, Innova and Marazzo). But for HyCross, there was slight fitting issue for mid and last row headrest and armrest. I spoke to the online seller and then he spoke to local dealer and an Elegant expert came in and took the headrest covers and adjusted by restitching and fitted it properly (This took an hour or more of extra time). I guess this must be due to HyCross being new. Should be resolved with future orders. Overall I am happy with the fitting for HyCross.
  • You can contact their main sales person in their HQ on 8287109095 on whatsapp or call. He is very helpful in resolving any queries and any help needed in selection.

Last edited by gladiatort1000 : 27th April 2023 at 00:35.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 05:22   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
  • I have used Elegant fabric seat covers in 3 of my ( and my family) cars (Etios, Innova and Marazzo).
Did you have to remove the existing fabric seat covers of your car and then have these installed?
Old 27th April 2023, 11:57   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Did you have to remove the existing fabric seat covers of your car and then have these installed?
The stock seats of all the previous cars and my HyCross VX were fabric finish and did not have any covers on them. So there was nothing to remove. So the Elegant seat covers were installed on top of these stock seats. After years of usage, once these seat covers wearout, one can install new seat covers and the underlying stock seat fabric will be intact.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 12:39   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
The stock seats of all the previous cars and my HyCross VX were fabric finish and did not have any covers on them. So there was nothing to remove. So the Elegant seat covers were installed on top of these stock seats. After years of usage, once these seat covers wearout, one can install new seat covers and the underlying stock seat fabric will be intact.

Below is the pic taken during installation of Elegant seat cover in HyCross to get a better idea.
@sanketdesai82 there are multiple Elegant Studio in Hyderabad - https://elegantautoretail.com/pages/...ores#Telangana you can visit them to get better idea and see the seat and fabric in person.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-photo20230425161903.jpg  

Last edited by gladiatort1000 : 27th April 2023 at 12:43.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 15:56   #1535
BHPian

Maruti's "hycross" will be launching in couple of months, link here: https://zeenews.india.com/auto/confi...3-2599849.html

Do we know if Maruti and Toyota's hycross will share the same body shell in terms of thickness weight etc?

Do grand vitara and hyryder have the same body shell or different. They appear same but not sure what's the official position of the companies.
BlueJay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 20:35   #1536
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Did a 1000kms round tip in Innova hybrid VX.

Pros:
- Very spacious and comfortable in all 3 rows.
- Car moves with no lag whatsoever, even in Eco mode.
- Steering is butter smooth (boon in tight road in towns)
- Lot of eyeballs, many asked me on delivery delays and general VFM questions
- 19 kmpl with full tank to full tank measure, and driving in 100-120kmph on highways. I saw the car switching to EV mode upon releasing foot from accelerator or driven under 20kmph. It’s difficult to feel the difference.
- Gear changes aren’t felt, no rubberband effect and more refined than CVT.
- Adequate boot space and we were 5 adults and 2 kids with many kink knacks.

Cons
- Needs larger parking area in hotel basements or general roads.
- Tight corners aren’t welcome. Three point turns.
- Slight body roll in second seat due to its height (mind, you sit as tall as in an Fortuner) but not as bad as Fortuner or Scorpio.

Overall, I would recommend this over any 7 seater in <1Cr budget. It may not be in the same league as Germans, but the Comfort offered is supreme for 30L costing vehicle.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th April 2023 at 21:19. Reason: Moving to the correct thread. Fixing minor typos :)
harishpr is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 21:45   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery today.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0590.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0595.jpg

Was a nice experience at Nippon Toyota, Thrissur. They took care of everything, including my mom's request to have a video of us pulling back the red cover. The customer service rep even sat down and set up Toyota i-connect himself in both my dad's phone as well as mine.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0630.jpg

Was a nice surprise to see this notification pop up when we stopped at a hotel on the way home.

Last edited by Cresterk : 27th April 2023 at 21:48.
Cresterk is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:04   #1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Took delivery today.
Congratulations! The car looks stunning! Which variant and color is this?
gandhig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 14:49   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhig View Post
Congratulations! The car looks stunning! Which variant and color is this?
Thank you. This is a Zxo In attitude black.
Old 29th April 2023, 16:44   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery today.

Many congratulations, Cresterk. The hycross in attitude black looks fab. Do post your initial drive impressions over the next few days. Thanks
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 23:31   #1541

Members,
I was told I should expect delivery of my ZX(O) in July 2024 (booking made on 6th Dec).
This seems completely unreasonable - have others also experienced similar timelines?
Old 30th April 2023, 06:22   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slosh_bob View Post
Members,
I was told I should expect delivery of my ZX(O) in July 2024 (booking made on 6th Dec).
This seems completely unreasonable - have others also experienced similar timelines?

This is OT but i believe first MG and then Mahindra have spoiled it for everyone. Going forward it will no longer be about just waiting but success of a car will be judged by one year waiting. Once you have got the car and you are on the other side you will be happy with the way car prices are appreciating. I already consider my 700 an asset
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 10:02   #1543

Quote:
Thank you. This is a Zxo In attitude black.
May I ask when did you make this booking? I also have a ZX(O) Attitude Black booked on Dec 6th 2022 and delivery is being promised in July 2024. I am going to have to buy Safari (inspite of the hydraulic steering) if that date is real. My booking is with Nandi Toyota, Whitefield, BLR.
Old 30th April 2023, 15:46   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slosh_bob View Post
May I ask when did you make this booking? I also have a ZX(O) Attitude Black booked on Dec 6th 2022 and delivery is being promised in July 2024. I am going to have to buy Safari (inspite of the hydraulic steering) if that date is real. My booking is with Nandi Toyota, Whitefield, BLR.
I booked it within an hour or so of bookings opening. I had no idea about delivery date but was tentatively told March. It kept getting delayed but I finally got it.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 00:58   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to get the black wheel arch moulding however that is not available as accessory and only the chrome 3/4th shaped wheel arch is an accessory.

Can anyone recommend good/great mats for the car in Hyderabad or if anyone ships across India/To Hyderabad?
Hi, I have booked the GX variant in chennai and when i enquired about the black plastic cladding around the wheel wells, the SA confirmed that it can be added as an accessory right out of the showroom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks