Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2023, 20:18   #1591

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Did you make your booking through Toyota online portal or through dealership agent?
Directly at the dealership not through the portal
Old 10th May 2023, 00:01   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Cons:

1. Questionable quality.
2. There are slight gaps on the edges and if you look closely you can tell it's nowhere close to factory fitment. [/ATTACH]
I'm considering getting these from Amazon instead.
https://www.amazon.in/CARIZO-Protect.../dp/B0C1CV73QP

Is it easy to remove them if I dont like them?
Old 10th May 2023, 00:18   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post

They have copied the pictures straight out of Toyota’s media drive and they don’t have a single picture of the actual product they are selling so I would rather not risk my paint, money and time over this.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 10:13   #1594
BHPian

Also, a very renowned used car dealer in Delhi- Autobest Emporio promising delivery of ZX(O) in 2 weeks at a premium of Rs. 5 Lacs.

Sad state of affairs in Toyota.

I also booked on launch day and still awaiting delivery with no delivery schedule from the dealer. Infact, anticipating long waiting queues i booked at two different dealers - Grand Toyota, Meerut and Trust Toyota, Dehradun. No promising timeline of deliveries from both dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observant_0509 View Post
To top this all, I personally know a couple of individuals with "the right connections" who have been able to source the ZX and ZX(O) models in a week's time from booking to delivery. Seeing this happen while I have 50,000 rupees lying at the dealership for six months combined with two price hikes (pushing the car's price up by ~3%) and no price protection has made me loose faith in the way in which the entire process is being run. I am glad someone is standing up against this sadistic joke being played on commoners who think there is a level playing field. I will be sharing the details requested by you in a personal message.

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 07:07. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
superbhikari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 15:00   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
Is there still anyone left who booked in November 2022, a ZX(o) and still has not received delivery. i am planning to take this black-marketing, lack of price protection and non-transparent mechanism to courts. So i would appreciate experiences and detailed insights from all those suffering in this regard.

Will help substantiate the issue.

Relevant Details that will be helpful -

1.) Booking ID -
2.) Date of Booking (as per you, i.e. when you made payment) -
3.) Date of Booking as per toyota or dealer ( if different) -
4.) Dealership -
5.) Contact Person @ Dealership -
6.) Estimated Delivery time informed to you at time of booking -
7.) Delivery time told to you now -
8.) Model -
9.) Reason for delay -

** Please let me know if you would like me to shift this to a different thread altogether**
Booked opening day- Nov 25 @ pioneer Toyota chandigarh.
ZX-O white or silver
Every time I ask, it’s a few months out, never given any definitive date.

Last I asked them in early April and was told, plant is shut so no production plus semiconductor shortage.
Old 10th May 2023, 15:57   #1596
BHPian

I'm curious if anyone has directly reached out to Toyota to get a priority or wait list number for their vehicle?

With the grey markets premiums reaching 4-5 Lacs for the ZXO, the local dealers are giving the run around while filling their pockets.
Old 10th May 2023, 17:23   #1597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
I'm curious if anyone has directly reached out to Toyota to get a priority or wait list number for their vehicle?

With the grey markets premiums reaching 4-5 Lacs for the ZXO, the local dealers are giving the run around while filling their pockets.
I had approached toyota directly multiple times. called consumer care no.s, wrote emails, the whole shebang. i get a promise of a call back. If you keep persisting they will say your complaint has been forwarded to the concerned dealership. But the Call-back never comes.

As for the delivery timeline by toyota, they have none. Have had this confirmed from the costumer care multiple times. It is entirely dependent on how many orders the dealer places and how he allots. Toyota dispatch is as per dealer placed orders. This is what i am hearing.
ak_DL9C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 17:33   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
Booked opening day- Nov 25 @ pioneer Toyota chandigarh.
ZX-O white or silver
Every time I ask, it’s a few months out, never given any definitive date.

Last I asked them in early April and was told, plant is shut so no production plus semiconductor shortage.
Ditto

Booked online on Day1
Zx(o), open to any colour.
All they say it that ZX(O) will take time, can offer VX for early delivery.
No communication from their side.
When prodded, the usual no timeline, no commitment, and factory shut.

At the same time, I keep seeing spanking new ZX model cars on the road with ribbons on them. Clearly, whatever cars are available are all going to the grey market. The dealers and middlemen are making a killing, while sitting on our booking amounts. Most pathetic experience from Toyota, who have shown zero interest in reigning in their dealers.

As it is, the car is rather underwhelming, coming from Hexa and especially for its 36L price tag . I am still holding on to my booking only because of the ‘there is no alternative’ factor. No other car has a comfortable third row + a usable boot. Part of me is glad about this delay and is hoping that the new Kodiaq and/or new Carnival are launched by the time they can make a HyCross ZX(O) available for me. In that case, I’d look to cancel.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 10th May 2023 at 17:44.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 18:18   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Ditto

Booked online on Day1
Zx(o), open to any colour.
All they say it that ZX(O) will take time, can offer VX for early delivery.
No communication from their side.
When prodded, the usual no timeline, no commitment, and factory shut.

At the same time, I keep seeing spanking new ZX model cars on the road with ribbons on them. Clearly, whatever cars are available are all going to the grey market. The dealers and middlemen are making a killing, while sitting on our booking amounts. Most pathetic experience from Toyota, who have shown zero interest in reigning in their dealers.

As it is, the car is rather underwhelming, coming from Hexa and especially for its 36L price tag . I am still holding on to my booking only because of the ‘there is no alternative’ factor. No other car has a comfortable third row + a usable boot. Part of me is glad about this delay and is hoping that the new Kodiaq and/or new Carnival are launched by the time they can make a HyCross ZX(O) available for me. In that case, I’d look to cancel.
Got a new update from the dealer.

Last month I met with the sales manager and was told I’m around 15-16 on the list based on model and color. Called my SA today (1 month later) and asked the same question and now he tells me I’m 25 on the list.

So in 30 days I’ve mysteriously backed up 10 spots.

I’m down for a class action lawsuit against these guys.
Old 10th May 2023, 20:40   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post

Quote:
They have copied the pictures straight out of Toyota’s media drive and they don’t have a single picture of the actual product they are selling so I would rather not risk my paint, money and time over this.

I also got Toyota genuine side moulds installed. These are expensive. If you are looking for thrid party ones at reasonable cost, check GFX brand - https://carhatke.com/toyota-innova-h...g-gfx-4-pieces

I got their GFX LLM mats for my HyCross VX 8s - https://carhatke.com/gfx-toyota-inno...y-mat-5-pieces , which is very good. Not sure about the side moulding quality, but there are lot of good reviews about accessories from GFX brand.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 21:31   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
I also got Toyota genuine side moulds installed. These are expensive. If you are looking for thrid party ones at reasonable cost, check GFX brand - https://carhatke.com/toyota-innova-h...g-gfx-4-pieces

I got their GFX LLM mats for my HyCross VX 8s - https://carhatke.com/gfx-toyota-inno...y-mat-5-pieces , which is very good. Not sure about the side moulding quality, but there are lot of good reviews about accessories from GFX brand.
Thank you but isn't that a bit too much for plastic and rubber mats? I was given 7d mats by the dealership for around 8k after discount.

Meanwhile rubber, fabric, 3d mats were available from 2.5-5k from dealership where you have the peace of mind of going back and getting them replaced if it starts fraying or something.

The side mouldings look like a good deal. They charged me 10.7k for that including installation (no discounts because apparently everyone wants them regardless of variant) But once again, the pictures on that website are straight up ripped from toyota's brochure. I do not trust any site, vendor or listing that will not post a picture of their product that they will be sending us. It's not hard to take the damn thing out of the box and take a picture with it on the floor.

Last edited by Cresterk : 10th May 2023 at 21:39.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 12:25   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you but isn't that a bit too much for plastic and rubber mats? I was given 7d mats by the dealership for around 8k after discount.

Meanwhile rubber, fabric, 3d mats were available from 2.5-5k from dealership where you have the peace of mind of going back and getting them replaced if it starts fraying or something.
I first saw GFX LLM mats in a friends car. It is like 3D mat made with high quality rubber/TPV material and collects and retains dust. I found it much better than stock rubber mats. Even the HyCross specific model fits really well in the car. You can see the HyCross version in this video -

I could have got a better deal on HyCross mats if I had waited for these to come at local accessories shop and negotiated. Since I got my car in the very first lot on 1st Feb, ordered these online once it got launched. So probably paid a bit of premium.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 18:05   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
Is there still anyone left who booked in November 2022, a ZX(o) and still has not received delivery. i am planning to take this black-marketing, lack of price protection and non-transparent mechanism to courts. So i would appreciate experiences and detailed insights from all those

** Please let me know if you would like me to shift this to a different thread altogether**
I booked on the launch day with Nippon Toyota, Kalamassery, Kochi
VX 8 Seater Ageha Flake. Later gave the option of VX (O) too

I was initially told Feb, then March was assured. After that it has become a moving target with no commitment, no updates, no call backs.
I have raised to Toyota through the CC email and called multiple times but no response, no promised call backs, no replies to emails. Absolutely nothing.

It has been an extremely frustrating and and quite honestly a very disheartening experience. There is no transparency and definitely there are a lot of not so above board things are happening from what you see around you and anecdotal evidence. Something which i never expected from Toyota. Has been a very big let down.

I have now stopped following up. It is only the 3rd row space and Hybrid technology which drove me to it. I am now seriously considering all options including switching to a full electric 2 row car like the ZS
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 12:17   #1604
BHPian

Hi,

I am told that they have allocated the car for me,
ZX(O)

Ex-Showroom: 29,99,000
TCS 1% : 29,990
Insurance: 5,99,200 (wowww... I can buy another car for this!!)
Road Tax: 1,47,517
Handling Charges: 5500
Extended warranty (2 years) : 44,060
MCP (2 years) :7800 (what is this?)
On-Road Price: 38,33,067

Any idea what is MCP?
Should I take Extended warranty?
Isn't handling charges illegal?
Insurance!!! I have a quote for around 65K for Return to Invoice, Zero Dep policy from New India Assurance. Any suggestions? I am definitely not paying the price of a Car for insurance.

Any suggestions and inputs appreciated!
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 14:31   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Hi,
Insurance: 5,99,200 (wowww... I can buy another car for this!!)
Road Tax: 1,47,517
Looks like you swapped Road Tax and Insurance.

Dealership was okai with taking insurance from outside, please see if the allow that. You will be able to save some money

I took extended warranty, with hybrid system involved, thought it is better to opt.
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks