Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2023, 22:44   #1741
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Weird thing happened today. Parked the car on a slight incline for about 30 mins and the fuel gauge went back to full and distance to empty increased from 500ish to 680km. Is this normal? I haven't noticed the fuel gauge in my older car (hyundai i20) move even if I park it on steeper inclines.
Well I did face incorrect fuel Indication twice and my car is parked in the garage which has an included slope to get in. It takes sometime for the indication get back to normal. Haven’t seen this issue post 1st servicing where I raised this issue.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 09:46   #1742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashd View Post
This issue has been reported on the parivahan site and as i understand the problem surfaced from last week i.e. 22/may. The parivahan site is not allowing registration of 8-seater on individual name. As per dealer Toyota has been pulled into it and is taking it up with parivahan ministry. This makes me feel it is a country wide problem. Can you check with your respective SA about the veracity of this claim.
Further on this thread. Parivahan website has stopped the registration of 8-seater as a motor car. The changes have been done in the NIC database. The registrations have started now and the vehicle category has been changed to “Omnibus”. As per MORTH guidelines Omnibus category falls under Transport category, which requires the vehicle to have an annual fitness certification.

Has anyone got their 8-seater hycross/crysta registered for individual ownership since 15-May. Could you please share the vehicle category mentioned for the vehicle on the RC, when was it registered and in which state.
Old 4th June 2023, 10:30   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Well I did face incorrect fuel Indication twice and my car is parked in the garage which has an included slope to get in. It takes sometime for the indication get back to normal. Haven’t seen this issue post 1st servicing where I raised this issue.
I am also facing incorrect fuel indication like for example dte will be shown as 60 and after 20kms or so dte will be 2km,i don't know why this is happening, I didn't address this issue during 1st service, is anyone facing similar issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashd View Post
Further on this thread. Parivahan website has stopped the registration of 8-seater as a motor car. The changes have been done in the NIC database. The registrations have started now and the vehicle category has been changed to “Omnibus”. As per MORTH guidelines Omnibus category falls under Transport category, which requires the vehicle to have an annual fitness certification.

Has anyone got their 8-seater hycross/crysta registered for individual ownership since 15-May. Could you please share the vehicle category mentioned for the vehicle on the RC, when was it registered and in which state.
My Hycross vx 8 seater was registered in April and it is categorised as LMV-Light motor vehicle, It is registered in D&NH

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th June 2023 at 10:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
manofinfinity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 10:54   #1744

Hi everyone! It's privilege being a part of the Team bhp platform and getting to read numerous discussions, feature details and reviews on the all new Toyota Hycross especially on the mileage one is deriving out of it.

Just wanted to ask all the members when to use the 3 driving modes- Eco, Normal and Sport. Which one is suitable for Highway drive and for hilly terrain?

Also, under what conditions can paddle shifters be of use as I hardly use it.

Thanks in anticipation!
Old 4th June 2023, 12:58   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveet84 View Post

Just wanted to ask all the members when to use the 3 driving modes- Eco, Normal and Sport. Which one is suitable for Highway drive and for hilly terrain?
Did few trips - Bangalore- Sriharikota, Bangalore - Kottayam etc. Eco mode gave adequate power, even when car was fully loaded… a friend drove to Ooty and Kerala from Bangalore, he also was on Eco mode always.
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 12:23   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone! It's privilege being a part of the Team bhp platform and getting to read numerous discussions, feature details and reviews on the all new Toyota Hycross especially on the mileage one is deriving out of it.

Thanks in anticipation!
Hey Manveet, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride!

Regarding the modes, I have used the Normal and Power modes only. We climbed all ghats in Normal mode in Western Maharashtra and there was no fuss, except the elevated engine noise.
When I shifted to Power mode, the throttle input was instantaneous, as compared to a slight delay in Normal mode. This is true even for EV mode, and if you are in traffic, best to shift to Normal mode as the vehicle just lifts off in Power mode.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 20:17   #1747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in anticipation!

Welcome.

First thing to note is that there is no difference in actual engine/motor power between any of the modes. Surprised? There is no loading up different engine maps like Tata/Mahindra etc. You will have entire 184hp available in all 3 modes if you push the pedal to the floor and all 3 will hit the same top speed.

So then what is the difference?
The difference is pedal response and only in the case of eco mode : climate control system behaviour.

Power mode will make the accelerator pedal more sensitive and brake response changes to be sharper with less input needed. The engine too turns on more frequently to ensure maximum power is available. However, if you drive with a very very light foot, you will still get the same mileage as the other modes because it doesn't inherently use more fuel. Use it on hills when you need to urgently overtake that one car that just won't let you pass or if you really want to play race car driver.

Eco mode will decrease the sensitivity of the accelerator. You can fine tune your accelerator response with much more precision so you can avoid shooting ahead.
ECO will also show up in the AC display. It will reduce the fan speed and AC compressor load to save even more fuel. In my observations, it can still bring the interior to a chill, it just takes longer.

Unlike what intuition might suggest, use eco mode on the highways when just gentle acceleration is enough and you can keep a good gap from the car in front. Using it in the city will be too lethargic and you will end up having to push the pedal a lot more in order to close gaps in traffic which negates the fuel saving. Car is extremely smooth to drive in eco mode.

Comfort mode: My go to mode and the best of both worlds. Unlike what intuition tells you, use this in city traffic and the electric motor will provide decent assist to zoom ahead in front of traffic without revving up the engine. It is decently fast in this mode and accelerator response is normal and climate control works at max power.
You will find the car learning to suit your driving style and after a while, the responses start to vary.

Paddle shifters are pretty responsive but I haven't used it much since the E-CVT is very quick when you need to overtake and the hybrid system knows how to control the gear ratio much better than a human can. Use it for engine braking on hilly roads where regenerative braking isnt enough.
Cresterk is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 08:39   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Welcome.

First thing to note is that there is no difference in actual engine/motor power between any of the modes. Surprised? There is no loading up different engine maps like Tata/Mahindra etc. You will have entire 184hp available in all 3 modes if you push the pedal to the floor and all 3 will hit the same top speed.
Do modes change engine/regen braking levels when you release accelerator but don't apply brakes?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th June 2023 at 09:28. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid selectively as a large post affects small screen users. Thanks!
Old 6th June 2023, 10:11   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Do modes change engine/regen braking levels when you release accelerator but don't apply brakes?
No they don't. There seems to be no way to tweak lift-off regenerative braking levels as of the moment other than setting it at the service center.
Old 6th June 2023, 10:26   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Paddle shifter and/or cruise control may help I guess? At least on downward slopes in hilly or ghat sections.

Last edited by santosh.s : 6th June 2023 at 10:28.
Old 6th June 2023, 13:37   #1751

Dear Hycross aspirants,

Beware of manipulation in your booking priorities. Here is a solid evidence of what is being going on behind the curtain.

I was one of those who had made the booking during the first hours of the very day of launching. It was with Amana Toyota, Malappuram branch. My agent confirmed that my booking amount was credited on the same day and mine was the sixth booking in the branch. He also sent me the order form dated 26th November.

I was not in a hurry as I needed the vehicle only in June for my vacation. (I am working abroad and every year I have my two months annual vacation in July and August.) However, I kept following up my booking with my sales executive every now and then. He kept promising the soonest possible delivery, without offering any cut-off date.

As I there was no clear updates from his side and my vacation was on the threshold, I was stubborn that he should give me a cut-off date. And then, to my surprise he contacted me yesterday to tell that it's not possible any where near. He also told that they hadn't delivered a single Hycross in the last month and no chance of any allotment in June as well, and that no deliveries are taking place anywhere at the moment. In response, I sent him the screenshots of a few recent delivery posts from this forum. Then, he changed the words, 'may be in other showrooms, but we are getting no allotment'.

I didn't trust his words. I ringed the sales manager whom I knew personally. It was around 7:00 in the evening and he was still at his desk. I just asked him about my booking status. He was totally unaware of all my conversation with the sales executive. He asked me to wait so that he can retrieve my booking details. A couple of seconds, and then his reply came as shock, 'Yours is the 30th booking with our branch. Your booking date was 30th November!'

'No way, my booking was on the very first day of the booking', I told. I sent him my order form. For a couple of seconds, he was speechless. Then he said, 'May be it's a mistake from the sales executive. May be he delayed to enter your booking in the system'. 'Who is responsible for this mistake?', I asked. 'I will inquire, and will let you know' was his reply.

Today morning, I was contacted by my agent. '26th November was the starting date to receive internal bookings. Toyota didn't start accepting the external booking until 29th November. We completed a few booking registration on 29th and then the website hanged, and that’s why your booking went on to the next day’, he justified.

He says that they have delivered only one ZX (O) Pearl White till date, and I am the 6th person on the queue.

The whole episode seems to be dubious for me. I believe that they have tucked tens of other booking in front of mine to mine. The sales manager has admitted the mistake from their side.

Now, what would you suggest I should do now? Should I escalate the matter to higher authorities? Or do you think these justifications sound reasonable? I will be happy to hear.
Black n' White is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 17:13   #1752
BHPian

Just got a call from Nandi Toyota stating that my second free service at 5000km is due.
I was obviously surprised by this since I was expecting the same at 10k km.
Asked her that what is the timing interval since my HyCross has done only 1700km till date.
She didn’t know the answer and disconnected the phone abruptly.
After a few seconds I see the pop up on iConnect stating service scheduled for 12 June(a date I didn’t select).

Anyone else who has got such a call? Any insights on a 5 k km service?
Old 6th June 2023, 17:58   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Just got a call from Nandi Toyota stating that my second free service at 5000km is due.
I was obviously surprised by this since I was expecting the same at 10k km.
Asked her that what is the timing interval since my HyCross has done only 1700km till date.
She didn’t know the answer and disconnected the phone abruptly.
After a few seconds I see the pop up on iConnect stating service scheduled for 12 June(a date I didn’t select).

Anyone else who has got such a call? Any insights on a 5 k km service?
This might be due to some error it's clearly mentioned in user manual and our SA and service advisor also told that service is every 10k kms, They might got confused with crysta
manofinfinity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 20:26   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black n' White View Post
Dear Hycross aspirants,

Beware of manipulation in your booking priorities. Here is a solid evidence of what is being going on behind the curtain.

'No way, my booking was on the very first day of the booking', I told. I sent him my order form. For a couple of seconds, he was speechless.

Today morning, I was contacted by my agent. '26th November was the starting date to receive internal bookings. Toyota didn't start accepting the external booking until 29th November. We completed a few booking registration on 29th and then the website hanged, and that’s why your booking went on to the next day’, he justified.

He says that they have delivered only one ZX (O) Pearl White till date, and I am the 6th person on the queue.
somewhat similar thing happening with me. Recently sales executive refusing to answer my calls. So I called up team leader who asked me when did I book the car. I told in November to which he was surprised. He checked the system and reverted saying my booking was on 29th November. I told my booking was on the launch day itself. Then he asked me to send receipt which I sent to him. Then his normal responses started about supply constraints etc.

Next day he again called me if I was interested to get ZX as that was going to be available soon. I told I am looking for ZXO. Now he told this month no allocation for ZXO, I will have to wait for next month's allocation.
This is with Wasan Toyota - Sanpada, Navi Mumbai.
Old 6th June 2023, 20:45   #1755
BHPian

I received my Hycross' RC yesterday, after getting the car in late March. Car was Registered in Ludhiana

Have done about 4600 plus kms till now. I usually get 15-16 kmpl on the highways, and getting 13-15 kmpl in Delhi city depending upon the heat. Yes, as the engine keeps on revving to maintain ac temperatures.

Idling reduces the mileage to 7-8 kmpl. Mine is the Hybrid VX model , 8-seater , tires have been upgraded to Michelin Primacy 4- 235/55 r17

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 6th June 2023 at 21:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks