Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2024, 08:59   #3016
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Have edited earlier post. It breaks in case possibility of collision is extremely high.

Yes, need to turn off lane assist with every start

I do not think I am using any of the ADAS features. The acceleration and deceleration is not suiting my style of driving in case of the adaptive cruise control. Lane assist can be annoying. Only feature being permanently active seems to be the auto head lamps.

But, the cost difference is not significant and the features are not available as an add on for later
Agreed! The only feature I want from this is the Auto Highbeams. Appreciate all your inputs! Thank you
Old 19th May 2024, 09:14   #3017
BHPian

Quote:
Have completed 28,000 kms on my HyCross. Have encountered the warning multiple times, it disappears in a flash from dash. But, yet to experience the emergency breaking though.
Happy Sunday to all, as your car has crossed 28k km I wanted to ask if are there any squeaks or rattles that you observed especially if they are annoying, I am getting some squeaks and rattles from the door pads and rear doors mine is just under 10k km.
And what is the average fuel efficiency you are getting is it increasing over time?
Old 19th May 2024, 09:20   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Happy Sunday to all, as your car has crossed 28k km I wanted to ask if are there any squeaks or rattles that you observed especially if they are annoying, I am getting some squeaks and rattles from the door pads and rear doors mine is just under 10k km.
And what is the average fuel efficiency you are getting is it increasing over time?
Squeezes from door pads - Does the car gets parked under the sun? Please ask service to lube the doors, it will go away.

I do hear some squeezes from the second row seats. Not able to pinpoint as it is occasional. There is also sound from the boot mat / lid that cover the boot while navigating humps.

Fuel efficiency is around 5.6 l / 100 kms. Havenít seen any increase. Have noticed decrease in fuel efficiency when the second row ac is on
RSimonS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 09:24   #3019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Squeezes from door pads - Does the car gets parked under the sun? Please ask service to lube the doors, it will go away.

I do hear some squeezes from the second row seats. Not able to pinpoint as it is occasional. There is also sound from the boot mat / lid that cover the boot while navigating humps.

Fuel efficiency is around 5.6 l / 100 kms. Havenít seen any increase. Have noticed decrease in fuel efficiency when the second row ac is on

Do you get any squeaks from the center arm rest or steering trim? I had posted a video about that before and itís the main annoyance in an otherwise fantastic car.
Old 19th May 2024, 09:38   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Do you get any squeaks from the center arm rest or steering trim? I had posted a video about that before and itís the main annoyance in an otherwise fantastic car.
No, havenít faced this yet.
Old 19th May 2024, 11:06   #3021
Senior - BHPian

DIY reverse light LEDS

Noticed that the only halogen lights on my car are the reverse lights and turn signals on the rear. Naturally the itch to change them into LEDs striked.

Difficulty : Extremely easy. It's plug and play

Tools required : flat head screwdriver or really long fingernails

Pics:

Both LED

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1980-2.jpg

LED on left. Stock halogen on the right

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1967.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1969.jpg

LED spec: Any T15 led will work. I bought these from autobahn for about 750rs : https://autobahntechnologies.com/pro...-size=t15-w16w

If you want brighter LEDs, you can use these : https://amzn.to/3QSaCkH

Do note: I am not associated with either company and I bought these bulbs with my own money. No freebies received here. The amazon link is an affiliate link.

I went with the less bright ones because I didn't want to blind someone every time I shift into reverse.

Procedure:

Open the trunk. Use the screwdriver or a plastic card to gently pry open the two plastic cutouts. Pry from either left or right, whichever is closest to the center of the trunk. If you are having trouble, try from a different edge.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1973.jpg

Twist and pull out the holder.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1825.jpg

This is what the OEM bulb looks like if you are curious.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1982-2.jpg

Pull the OEM bulb out gently and push the LED inside. It slides inside and outside, there is no twisting required here. Use a microfiber cloth to prevent any oil or sweat from your hands transferring over.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1974.jpg

Put everything back in reverse order. Have someone turn on the car and put it in reverse to check if the LEDs are lighting up. If not, you will have to reverse the bulbs.

And that's it. You now have LED reverse lights that in a perfect world should have come stock with the car.

Last edited by Cresterk : 19th May 2024 at 11:12.
Cresterk is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 15:22   #3022

Quote:

DIY reverse light LEDS

Rear is ok. But worried about Front Headlights. Any solution identified for Hycross? Front Headlights is a known issue without any solution as far as I know. Please advise.

Last edited by bblost : 19th May 2024 at 15:38. Reason: reduced size of quoted post.
Old 19th May 2024, 19:15   #3023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller3300 View Post
Rear is ok. But worried about Front Headlights. Any solution identified for Hycross? Front Headlights is a known issue without any solution as far as I know. Please advise.
They are sealed units so no clue.
Old 21st May 2024, 11:31   #3024
BHPian

Quote:

DIY reverse light LEDS

I had tried the same in my Ertiga last year, since I too felt that the only halogen lights remaining were the indicator bulbs and reverse light bulbs.
But since I had already installed an after-market reverse camera, the Electromagnetic interference signals emitted by the new T15 LEDs sourced online, started to show ugly interfering lines in my reverse camera's display on my head-unit, whenever I put the car in reverse gear.

I searched online for a solution, but understood that nothing much could be done, because the power source for the camera is tapped from the reverse light's positive wire itself, and so the electromagnetic disturbances that the T15 led emits, get transmitted through that power line to the camera, and then subsequently to the adjacent signal cable too, which shows as the moving lines in the output.
Halogen bulbs do not produce any such electromagnetic interfering signals, and so, I had to return the LED bulbs and revert back to my old halogens.

So, if anyone who has got an aftermarket/upgraded HD reverse camera, is planning to upgrade their reverse light bulbs to such LEDs, please check this issue before proceeding.
Atleast make sure that the LED bulbs can be returned if found to be not suitable.

Last edited by VinodDevil81 : 21st May 2024 at 11:37.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 16:13   #3025
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Updates: 560Kms weekend Konkan visit on my Hycross.

A proposal for quick visit to Konkan was put on the table by my wife on Wednesday 15th May. The main purpose of this visit were Showing Konkan to MIL, a change for kids summer vacation daily routine and buy Hapoos mangos.

We had also visited length and breath of Konkan over past many years so planning was easy. We decided to visit Guhagar beach. The property selected was Mango Village resort- A place with no frills, peaceful and close to the beach (3Kms). I booked the 2 BHK villa on Thursday itself. we were 3 Adults and 2 kids.

Route planning: The route planning was straight forward. I don't want to travel on Mumbai- Bangalore highway due to diversions. So the other option was:

Pune- Tamhini Ghat- Mangaon- Karad- Chiplun- Guhagar and the same is followed for return journey.

Road condition: Amazing all across except: Near Bhagad MIDC area (these 3-4 Kms are always in bad shape from so many years)

Onward Journey: We started from PCMC at 5am, with steady speed (60-70KMPH) we reached MIDC Bhagad area around 7pm. We had home made food with us which we relish in a nice location little off the road in tamhini ghat area.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-6.jpg

Once we crossed Mangaon, i put the PWR mode on and till Guhagar the PWR mode stayed on. I must say this mode is quite addictive. The highway from Mangaon till Chiplun is in great shape, the traffic was sparse and Ghats were quite scenic as well. The road from Chiplun to Guhagar is again in great shape, barring the city roads near the Chiplun exit. We reached at the beach at 10.30am. For this 266kms journey, the Hycross retuned 16.1KMPL mileage (even with 60% PWR mode). Total driving time was 4.5 hours (I was targeting 5.5 hour).

We had a good 2 hour session in pristine beach. Beach was clean and crowd was moderate. The temperature was bearable yet little humid. We had konkani food in Suruchi Veg restaurant, which is tried and time tested safe choice for us. The complete lunch for 5 only costed 1100INR, in which 240INR itself was the cost of Ukadiche modak (konkani coconut stuffed desert) . We headed to the resort, checked-in and spend next 2 hours in swimming pool with kids. i had a dreamy 2 hours sleep at 3pm.

The evening time was spent walking around the property, photo session, relishing some mangos from the garden (off course the fallen one) and watching the RCB vs CSK thriller. The dinner was included in the package, which has limited numbers of items but all were tasty, nicely selected and well presented in buffet area.

Swimming pool area:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-4.jpg

The resort ambience with lot of mango, Cashew, Plumeria trees
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-7.jpg

Evening time, notice the roof of Konkani style villa. There are around 100 Villa, owned by different individuals as holiday homes and these are available on rent. Each Villa has dedicated car parking, mango trees, and access road. The resort is operated by Orchid group and one can inquiry online for purchase of Villa (1 BHK, 2 BHK, 3 BHK etc.)
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-8.jpg

1st Bed room: Our villa has 1 big drawing room, 2 bed rooms, 1 small kitchen area (with tap, cupboards, fridge). The rooms are spacious, functional and washrooms are equipped with all necessities.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-9.jpg

Bedroom 2: You can view more images online.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-10.jpg

Hycross performance: This was our first long travel (>500Kms), i must say the car performed just what it is expected, the visibility was great, the acceleration/braking was predictable, ADAS feature were blissful all through (ACC, blind spot monitoring specifically). The car retuned 16KMPL mileage for full journey which is mind-blowing for the fully loaded car (with 60-65% in PWR mode) during summer. We did not feel any fatigue through out the journey. Our combination of seats: Driver, co-driver, one child seat in rear and one in middle, MIL in middle. My elder kid love the ottoman seats, as it allows him to rest his feet and take a cozy sleep. Sun blinds were quite helpful for rear passengers.

The boot space was enough for 3 bags+ 3 duffels+ 10 liter water jar. On return journey we bought 6 dozens Alphonso Mango straight from the farm (@ 400 INR/Dozen for the big size, for reference in a regular mango box we can fit just 7-8 of them (instead of 12). The Hycross accommodated all boxes with ease.

Overall very happy with the vehicle, the practicality, the comfort, the mileage, the stability, the ability to cruise at steady speeds, ground clearance and confidence inspiring handling.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-3.jpg

Next day we checked-out at 11am and headed back following the same route. Mangaon had a slow traffic due to a crash where we lost 30 minutes or so. We reached tamhini village at 4pm. We took many small breaks - lunch (orchard cafe), tea (roadside hotel) and we still were ahead of our planned time.

So we decided to take detour from Paud towards Pawna to enjoy the sunset. We had a blissful boating at Hadshi lake and then headed towards Pawna dam area.

Hadshi Lake:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-2.jpg

Sunset over Tung Fort featuring Pawna dam: Spent good 1 hour watching the action around, the sunset and the paragliders. After the sun said goodbye, we also marched towards Toni da dhaba Kamshet, Had a spicy Punjabi food and Lassi. We reached our doorsteps at 9PM without much fatigue.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-5.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-image-1.jpg  

Last edited by UD17 : 21st May 2024 at 16:24.
UD17 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 18:18   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same problem. Squeezes like some aluminum foil is being crumbled. Sound comes from left side C or D pillar. I reported it during my 20k service, but it hasn't fixed it. Haven't got time to get it checked again, just living with it and it's been annoying.
Old 21st May 2024, 19:09   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
I had tried the same in my Ertiga last year, since I too felt that the only halogen lights remaining were the indicator bulbs and reverse light bulbs.
But since I had already installed an after-market reverse camera, the Electromagnetic interference signals emitted by the new T15 LEDs sourced online, started to show ugly interfering lines in my reverse camera's display on my head-unit, whenever I put the car in reverse gear.
That is due to improper wiring. No such issues here as camera comes stock and the bulbs are plug and play.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th May 2024 at 12:42. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 21st May 2024, 23:39   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
That is due to improper wiring. No such issues here as camera comes stock and the bulbs are plug and play.
Yes. I know that the stock camera setup won't have this problem, since that camera wouldn't require power to be tapped from the reverse lights in the stock setup.
My post was not about the stock setup.

These days, many people upgrade their stock head units and reverse cameras to Android head units and HD cameras which offers features like full-time rear-view recording etc that the stock camera doesn't offer.
I have done so, and I know a few others who have swapped their OE units to Android units for the convenience it offers.
Such people may face this issue later.
So, I thought this information might be of help to them.

And like you said, in a way, it can be called "improper wiring", but as far as I know, that is the only way that the after-market cameras are being fitted on to cars.
May be, this is the price that one needs to pay for going after the convenience features that the Android devices offer.
Old 22nd May 2024, 07:33   #3029
Senior - BHPian

Was going through videos on Ambient Lighting for Hycross and suddenly came across this.

Ignore the Lightning part, but my biggest concern is when did Toyota offer GX trim with Hybrid Powertrain?

Clues are
1. Instrument Cluster with Power/Charging/Eco Meter.
2. Power Start Button
3. EV Mode beside Gearlever.
4. Battery under front seats (Floor mats are raised near battery)

This is for sure GX because it has Manual AC, Fabric Seats and All Black Cabin. I too have GX but mine is Non Hybrid. Didn't knew that GX was sold as a Hybrid option also. I am confused.

Video is from Bangalore.

CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 10:24   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post

Route planning:

Pune- Tamhini Ghat- Mangaon- Karad- Chiplun- Guhagar and the same is followed for return journey.

Road condition: Amazing all across except: Near Bhagad MIDC area (these 3-4 Kms are always in bad shape from so many years)
Hi, Thanks for the route info. I frequently travel to Abloli (tal guhagar, dist ratnagiri) via the Umbraj Kumbharli Chiplun Sawarde route. Will travel via Tamhini next time.

Regards
Nikhil

Most Viewed