Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2022, 23:17   #346
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: 186 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

In fact a hybrid will be efficient upto about 40kmph when its running in EV mode. At higher/highway cruising speeds, it will just be running like a regular petrol car and the efficiency will be lower than what it achieves at lower speeds.
Strong Hybrid Hyryder drives on EV mode upto speed of ~90 kmph to 100 kmph .

I have been driving Toyota Hyryder strong hybrid V variant since last one month, and have completed 1200 km .

During this period i have completed the Mumbai Pune Mumbai trip twice. I drove with Cruise control - speed locked at 90 most of the time . Battery used to get charged till four bars (out of five) . Then for next few minutes car would drive only in EV mode at 90kmph . Then engine would comeon to recharge the battery.

During Mumbai City drive in morning hours - with flowing traffic with average speed of 50 to 60 kmph on eastern express way , battery would charge for two bars, drive the car for few moments and then go back to recharge mode.

So statement that EV mode is restricted up to 40 kmph is simply not true.
baarish84 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 23:21   #347
BHPian
 
shikh_oberoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Delhi
Posts: 102
Thanked: 442 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Attaching on road price in Delhi. Document 96.pdf
shikh_oberoi is offline  
Old 30th December 2022, 00:31   #348
BHPian
 
coolmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 589
Thanked: 334 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Launched @ 18.30 Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
It's not a competition brother, a fact is a fact, rest is upto you if you personally consider 5L as not a difference.
It may be but its not a difference to me and for many like me. I won't be surprised to know the price touching 40L in few months time.
coolmel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 04:43   #349
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kochi
Posts: 829
Thanked: 6,458 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

The top end Hycross costs ₹37 lakhs in Kerala, if someone is taking half of that as loan his outgo will be ₹42 lakh. To afford the top end one must be earning more than ₹4 lakh a month.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2022 at 19:29. Reason: Toned down
The Rationalist is offline   (31) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 30th December 2022, 07:35   #350
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,303
Thanked: 9,937 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The top end Hycross costs ₹37 lakhs in Kerala, if someone is taking half of that as loan his outgo will be ₹42 lakh. To afford the top end one must be earning more than ₹4 lakh a month.
I have relatives earning better than a crore and yet driving a humble City or an old XUV500. And some others who earn a third of a crore but still got X1 or a Civic. Priorities differ from person/family to person/family.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2022 at 19:32. Reason: Quoted post edited
ashis89 is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 08:46   #351
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Kochi
Posts: 280
Thanked: 348 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The top end Hycross costs ₹37 lakhs in Kerala, if someone is taking half of that as loan his outgo will be ₹42 lakh. To afford the top end one must be earning more than ₹4 lakh a month.
I second the opinion regarding pricing not being fantastic. This is Toyota tax. And we still don't have a viable alternative.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2022 at 19:32. Reason: Quoted post edited
Senotrius is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 09:45   #352
BHPian
 
Heisenberg_ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Jamnagar
Posts: 60
Thanked: 203 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
And we still don't have a viable alternative.
Innova Crysta, XUV700, Carnival, Hector, Safari? Hello? All are very viable alternatives.

Last edited by GTO : 31st December 2022 at 18:33. Reason: Making your point clearer
Heisenberg_ad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 09:57   #353
Senior - BHPian
 
giri1.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,729
Thanked: 4,548 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The top end Hycross costs ₹37 lakhs in Kerala, if someone is taking half of that as loan his outgo will be ₹42 lakh. To afford the top end one must be earning more than ₹4 lakh a month.
Few Toyota owners I have met are the most financially wise people, for them 40L is just few months worth of income, they keep their cars for long and maintain them well. Reliability is an extremely important factor for them as they value time more than few lakhs being saved during purchase, they get their money back during resale anyway. Finally Toyota badge has respect but at the same time not flashy like the luxury badges. No one will look twice at a 60L Fortuner GR sport, but a 50L Audi A4 can grab lot of unwanted attention.

Let's not include EMI interest to make the pricing look bad, this applies for every other car in the market.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2022 at 19:32. Reason: Quoted text edited
giri1.8 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 10:26   #354
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Hayek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,766
Thanked: 13,536 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quite fabulous pricing. Hope it is decent to drive as well.

Agree fully that the absence of a bench seat ZX is a real miss. I hired a self drive automatic Innova recently - we were 5 adults with plenty of luggage. Struggled to find a car that worked - and the one that we got had some kind of booster seat placed between the two captain seats. For lots of people, an 8 seater is a waste. But a large 5 seater, with a large boot and plenty of luggage room is very valuable. My Tiguan Allspace meets that need - the Innova with 8 seats would have been great one segment below.
Hayek is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 10:32   #355
Senior - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,607
Thanked: 16,930 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg_ad View Post
IMO, Financially it doesn't make sense. Now taking into consideration reliability. This is a monocoque construction unlike the crysta BOF, we dont know how reliable the product would be. So is Toyota milking us for reliability image?

How does this make sense?
Am i missing out something? Or are we blinded by Toyota reliability that we'd pay any price they ask for?
Wouldnt it make sense to buy 18-20L car which is slightly less reliable and save 6L for repairs and fuel?
Example, xuv700 and hector plus.

I would love to be corrected on my perspective, Thanks.
IMHO, this should be the ideal comparison.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-comparision.png

Crysta GX is absolutely barebones, comparing it with VX Hybrid HyCross doesn't feel right. Ideal comparison should be with Crysta VX 8 seater, and add 1-1.5L to it's price for the AT box that Toyota doesn't offer on the VX Crysta and you'll see that the Crysta is more expensive than the Hybrid HyCross. And replace the XUV700 AX5 D AT with the AX7 D AT.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 10:43   #356
Senior - BHPian
 
DicKy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Thiruvanthapuram
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 10,416 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Pricing seems reasonable since everyone was expecting the top variant to cross 40 lakh mark (it will within 18 months) and the entry price to be 20 lakh+. It matched my expectation that it will be priced same as the Innova petrol, but am disappointed with the hybrid pricing. First of all looking at the Hyrdyer S hybrid and the Indonesian market gettting hybrid across the board, I was expecting hybrid option right from the G variant. Second, manufacturers should try to match diesel vehicle pricing with hybrids. IMHO hybrids should be an alternative for diesel, not a more premium option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
On the contrary, Autocar has a story on the facelift Crysta scheduled for a tentative Feb 2023 launch with 2.4L Turbo Diesel. The love for oil burners is not going to die any time soon. Yes, the diesel craze from the last decade has significantly gone down, but IMHO there will always be a market for the oil burner as long as fossil fuels are in use.
Just praying the Australian hand and the RDE norms force Toyota to bring the 6 speed manual transmission back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Reliability from a start up and run in the morning perspective - yes but durability will take a hit...Durability is a problem and replacement parts will burn a hole through your wallet. Etios is very much Indianized and is pretty durable as far as the mechanical bits are concerned however the rest of the bits aren't the same you expect of a Toyota...the typical FWD replacement items (interval and price), the ground clearance issues (no frame to tuck things behind) etc are always going to play a role in deciding if the vehicle will suit commercial use.
True. In addition to that, a monocoque FWD Toyota is anyday reliable than even other BoF vehicles, but the only thing more reliable and durable would be another BoF Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Even in the case of SUV/MUV the highlander hybrid regularly features at the top of most reliable and long-lasting car reports.
The same reports/lists would have atleast 7,8 out of ten vehicles being BoF SUVs or pickups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Can someone explain this to me: Toyota Innova Hycross G base variant will only be limited to the commercial market.
They should have launched a barebones hybrid version for the commercial market. Guess they would do it down the line, with either increased scale bringing down the hybrid costs or them pushing the present variants higher up the price points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagoatrix View Post
Innova hycross has the unique distinction of being the only car in the world costing 30 L INR, to have just 2 airbags....The vehicle is close to 5m in length, it must have side curtain airbags from the base variant.
Reminds me of the 2012-13 Camry which had only 2 airbags and no ESP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have relatives earning better than a crore and yet driving a humble City or an old XUV500. And some others who earn a third of a crore but still got X1 or a Civic. Priorities differ from person/family to person/family.
True. Not everyone has money lying around to buy with full cash nor is it practical to wait for a decade or more so that one will be financially eligible (below 10% rule) to buy a new car. As long as you are not trying to impress others, can pay the EMI, keep the car for 5+ years, there is no issues.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2022 at 19:33. Reason: Quoted post edited
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 10:44   #357
BHPian
 
Heisenberg_ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Jamnagar
Posts: 60
Thanked: 203 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
IMHO, this should be the ideal comparison.

Attachment 2397096
And replace the XUV700 AX5 D AT with the AX7 D AT.
Why? If you replace Xuv700 AX5 with AX7, shouldn't you replace hycross VX with hycross ZX? My point still remains the same since AX5 offers everything and maybe more than hycross VX offers.
Heisenberg_ad is offline  
Old 30th December 2022, 10:55   #358
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 4,288
Thanked: 4,754 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
Strong Hybrid Hyryder drives on EV mode upto speed of ~90 kmph to 100 kmph .
Thats not true. A Toyota Hybrid cannot drive over 42miles per hour or 67 kmph on electric power alone due to the design of the powertrain (in a nut shell the MG1 is software restricted to run at a peak 6500 rpm which it reaches when the MG2 is at 67 kmph). If you are doing more than 67kmph lets say while coming downhill, the engine would turn on but wont spark i.e no petrol.

What you are describing is EV motor assist at higher speeds because there is some of it even at higher speeds. If you look at the graphical animation you would see that both the motor and the engine are providing power to the wheels.
extreme_torque is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 11:28   #359
Newbie
 
vegitakarthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 24
Thanked: 57 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The diesel makes sense for now, however with BS6 stage 2, diesel cars are expected to get more expensive and more complex. Smaller diesels have already vanished and few bigger diesels may also cease to exist as norms get stricter. There is more than just reliability that makes Innova expensive(tech, brand image built over years, better resale etc.), so it boils down to individual preferences.
Correct me If am wrong. Aren't bigger diesels with adblue tech are already complaint with BS6 phase 2 real world emission norms. Its only the smaller diesels with LNT method fails BS6 phase 2?

Coming to the pricing, Its not phenomenal pricing. For that price I would have preferred multilink suspension instead of Ottoman seats.
vegitakarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 11:33   #360
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 77 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

The pricing is very good. I had placed a booking for a ZX(O) on the opening day for bookings, and I am sticking with it. I have cancelled my booking for the top end XUV700.

This car will replace my 2006 Innova, which is still running strong with 223xxx Km on the odometer. It will now move to my native place and will run there until the government regulations force me to scrap it.

Last edited by mpthy : 30th December 2022 at 11:35.
mpthy is offline   (4) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks