Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 19:06   #556

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

I had booked my Hycross on 26th November, 2022 and the order ID i received from dealership was 1251. Ever since then, i have tried to keep a cap on the status as i had wasted approx 10 months waiting for the XUV700AX 7 L (P).

During the process of being updated i realised/ and got to know the following, as of today -

1.) Toyota India has no system of tracking booking status, so we are entirely at the mercy of the dealerships.

2.) There seems to be little to none communication between toyota and dealers, as 4 days ago as per Hindustan Times they were going to start deliveries and dispatches by End Jan. Which would have made test drive vehicles and showroom models available from end Jan.

3.) However my SA from Galaxy Toyota Delhi just contacted me and informed that showroom models may arrive in mid February. Test Drive may be available by end Feb and deliveries shall commence shortly thereafter or in March. However on being asked of any official communication none was given but they were informed date of despatch for their showroom (as they say).

So i think there is nothing concrete out there, and toyota needs to work on this issue ASAP. A booking tracking mechanism is much needed and will give clarity. Otherwise its customers will be at mercy of the SA's who seem to have no idea of whats going on
Old 24th January 2023, 00:20   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
I had booked my Hycross on 26th November, 2022 and the order ID i received from dealership was 1251. Ever since then, i have tried to keep a cap on the status as i had wasted approx 10 months waiting for the XUV700AX 7 L (P).

During the process of being updated i realised/ and got to know the following, as of today -

1.) Toyota India has no system of tracking booking status, so we are entirely at the mercy of the dealerships.

2.) There seems to be little to none communication between toyota and dealers, as 4 days ago as per Hindustan Times they were going to start deliveries and dispatches by End Jan. Which would have made test drive vehicles and showroom models available from end Jan.
Discovered this during the period between my Hyryder booking in October and delivery in Jan. The order id doesn't mean anything and only God or the Toyota dealer can get you a vehicle. They also never had a proper idea (or weren't willing to reveal the actual status) of where in the queue you actually were and this goes back to the first point - you're at the mercy of the dealer allotting you a car. The famed Japanese precision and Kaizen way doesn't extend to their website or order tracking.
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 17:54   #558
BHPian

Got a call from SA of Nandi Toyota, Whitefield. They are getting 15 cars by mid February. He asked me to confirm the booking, colour and model. Let's see how it goes.

As per him, display vehicle is expected by end of this month.
Old 24th January 2023, 19:46   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by grepvel View Post
He said that this launch process for them is even more chaotic than what happened with the hyryder.
same dealership tells me something else.
Old 24th January 2023, 19:55   #560

While we speculate on booking and deliveries, I see there are essentially three major issues with this car amongst others, and I would like to seek the advice of veterans of this group for the same -

1.) Tyre Size - I believe it is understood at this time that neither the smaller tyre seems to look decent or even promise a satisfying ride. Can anyone suggest what profile should one go for / can go for while retaining the original rims?

2.) Poor Camera Quality - I see that the 360 cameras coming along with the vehicle are very poor in quality and reminds me of the time when just having a reverse camera in the car was the 'big thing'. So if the experts here can suggest what changes can be made/ or whether the cameras can be swapped with some other to give a more clear image especially at night?

3.) though I havent been able to test out the music system of this car in person, I have seen some videos and safe to assume that they wont be a match for the XUV 700's humongous 12 speaker sony setup. In case I want to upgrade what would the experts suggest? (Note: I absolutely cannot take out any space from the boot as the same is required for keeping wheelchair and luggage - intend to use it mostly as a 4 seater).

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th January 2023 at 00:15. Reason: Caps wherever needed. Minor typo.
ak_DL9C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 21:41   #561
BHPian

Attachment 2409877

It's been 2 months since they took a booking amount. Till now no news of when they can deliver the car and Nandi Toyota is telling us to bring home Hycross on Republic day. I'm utterly disappointed in Toyota and its team
Old 24th January 2023, 22:47   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerin.v View Post
Attachment 2409877

It's been 2 months since they took a booking amount. Till now no news of when they can deliver the car and Nandi Toyota is telling us to bring home Hycross on Republic day. I'm utterly disappointed in Toyota and its team
Hilarious

Try leaving a comment asking what these supposed benefits are.
Old 25th January 2023, 07:16   #563
BHPian

I'm attaching the photo posted by Ravindu and Nandi Toyota in Bangalore.

Ravindu Toyota
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-ravindu-toyota-ravindu.toyota-instagram-photos-videos-google-chrome-25012023-07_06_39.png

Nandi Toyota
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-nandi-toyota-bangalore-nandi.toyota.png

Ravindu Toyota is ready to give early delivery itself. Nandi has not given any number so don't know who to call up for those benefits
Old 25th January 2023, 17:40   #564

Recently visited Nandi Toyota to see the Hycross.
Back in November 2022, we sold our 6-month-old Innova crysta zx AT, after using it for 20k kms. This was suggested by one of our friends at Toyota as bookings for the diesel crystas, were put on hold and he already had a buyer for a second hand crysta.
We asked him to go ahead and sell it. We immediately paid an unofficial advance for the Hycross.
The new on road price of the same crysta in Bangalore is 33.7 now and we are paying a total of around 37 for the Hycross .
From what I saw today, the quality of the interior was at least on par with crysta…if not better. I think the price is justified for the features we get.

For a difference of around 3 lakhs, we get-
- New design (looks much better than crysta IMO)
- Ottoman seats
- Panoramic sunroof
- Higher mileage
- Faster acceleration
- Ventilated seats
- ADAS features
- Electric power steering
- Auto hold
- Semi digital cockpit
- Extra bits of soft touch on the dash and door
- Better ingress and egress
- Larger boot, especially when the third row is down
- No dpf issues
- No ad blue required

In my case, the Hycross is going to be mainly used in the city. Therefore, the body on frame chassis and the torque from the diesel crysta will not be missed.
I also asked the SA if we could fit a tyre with a higher tyre wall size and he said it was okay to do so. He also mentioned that we would have to pay the difference amount of the new tyres.
Now, the only thing left is to test drive the vehicle and hope that the ride quality is on par or better than the crysta.
KURU is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 18:59   #565
BHPian

Got a message from Nandi Toyota Bangalore Kudlu stating that the display vehicles are in the showroom.
Also that my delivery (VX) should happen mid February?!
Old 25th January 2023, 22:18   #566
BHPian

Ravindu Toyota is going to preview Hycross from Friday onwards on all their showrooms.

Name:  Screenshot 20230125 221645.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  66.5 KB
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 23:08   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURU View Post
Recently visited Nandi Toyota to see the Hycross.
Back in November 2022, we sold our 6-month-old Innova crysta zx AT, after using it for 20k kms. This was suggested by one of our friends at Toyota as bookings for the diesel crystas, were put on hold and he already had a buyer for a second hand crysta.
We asked him to go ahead and sell it. We immediately paid an unofficial advance for the Hycross.
The new on road price of the same crysta in Bangalore is 33.7 now and we are paying a total of around 37 for the Hycross .
From what I saw today, the quality of the interior was at least on par with crysta…if not better. I think the price is justified for the features we get.

For a difference of around 3 lakhs, we get-
- New design (looks much better than crysta IMO)
- Ottoman seats
- Panoramic sunroof
- Higher mileage
- Faster acceleration
- Ventilated seats
- ADAS features
- Electric power steering
- Auto hold
- Semi digital cockpit
- Extra bits of soft touch on the dash and door
- Better ingress and egress
- Larger boot, especially when the third row is down
- No dpf issues
- No ad blue required

In my case, the Hycross is going to be mainly used in the city. Therefore, the body on frame chassis and the torque from the diesel crysta will not be missed.
I also asked the SA if we could fit a tyre with a higher tyre wall size and he said it was okay to do so. He also mentioned that we would have to pay the difference amount of the new tyres.
Now, the only thing left is to test drive the vehicle and hope that the ride quality is on par or better than the crysta.
Thanks kuru, well summarized . 3.3 lacs premium is indeed worthy of the features you mentioned. Also, some of the "softer" benefits are that hycross will project better image or self-positioning than the crysta. Also if one buys Crysta there is no excitement of bringing home a fresh car, hycross will bring in that excitement of owning something fresh and at the same time (hopefully) trustworthy.

Am curious about the specifications of new tyre which showroom guys are recommending to replace the factory fitted ones. Could you pls throw some light?
Old 26th January 2023, 00:05   #568
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here seen the Innova Hycross in both the Attitude black mica (proper black) shade and the blackish ahega glassflake (blue-ish black) shade? I have booked attitude black but I'm confused over whether this new bluish black shade might look better or more premium in person. The colours we see through a computer screen won't look as accurate as seeing it in person so I would be happy to hear anyone's opinions.
Old 26th January 2023, 12:12   #569
BHPian

So my SA informed me that both ZX and VX are available for display (Nandi Kudlu). Anyone planning to make a visit this weekend? I can make it either Saturday morning or Sunday morning.
Old 26th January 2023, 13:43   #570
BHPian

I got an opportunity to personally see the vehicle in Pune dealership on 24th Jan. Here are my personal observations.

Positives:

1. The signature colour looks much better than what was seen in few review videos under overcast sky conditions.
2. Car has good road presence and looks proportional externally.
3. Quite spacious in line with expectations from such a crossover
4. Alloy wheels look much better in person

Could have been better:

1. I didn't believe when few reviewers pointed out that the interior plastic quality was subpar. However, now that I have verified it in person, I am in total agreement with their view. The plastic quality around dashboard, gear knob, armrests on doors, area below the seat, feels quite ordinary for a car costing 35L on road.
2. Confirmed that there are no backlight illuminated switches on doors
2. Confirmed that there are no request sensor/s present. (Even my swift has it on both front doors)
3. Alloy wheels and low profile tyres really create visible space between wheel arches. Could not help noticing it.
4. IMHO exterior body appears stretched a bit to create an impression of a big car (SUVish stance), especially in front and back end.

After careful consideration of all above points, I have asked the dealership to proceed with cancelling my booking. In my opinion, its not worth investing said amount, just for strong hybrid technology since I already have XUV500 automatic in top shape.
prajakt_23 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed