Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 19:57   #616
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Has anyone of you experienced similar issues with Toyota dealerships recently?
Please share your experience with your dealerships.
1. In fact quite to the contrary. My SA from Nandi Toyota called me stating that they have the VX trim in a different colour for immediate allocation. I politely told him that I won’t take delivery before a test drive, that too of a colour that was not my first choice.
There is absolutely no pressure to pay anything upfront.

2. Can someone guide me to getting the feature list for the VX? Anywhere I look it’s the universal feature list for the ZX which doesn’t serve my purpose specially when I take the PDI.

3. I am planning to change the tyres to 235/55/R17 as advised above. Best place recommendations pls in Bangalore for tyre exchange? And which specific tyre should be my first choice?

4. Since the VX has only 2 air bags (sadly), can I get the seat covers done? This shouldn’t have any impact?
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 20:05   #617
BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_2023013020015380_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
235 / 55/ R17 is the best upgrade for Hycross VX
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 20:22   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post

2. Can someone guide me to getting the feature list for the VX? Anywhere I look it’s the universal feature list for the ZX which doesn’t serve my purpose specially when I take the PDI.

3. I am planning to change the tyres to 235/55/R17 as advised above. Best place recommendations pls in Bangalore for tyre exchange? And which specific tyre should be my first choice?
For detailed feature list refer to the below link

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroo...res-specs.html

Changing to 235/55/17 will not increase the sidewall thickness (for better comfort) or fill up the wheel well (for visual effect), It will just have a bigger cross section. So curious to know your reasons for the upgrade?
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 21:01   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
For detailed feature list refer to the below link

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroo...res-specs.html

Changing to 235/55/17 will not increase the sidewall thickness (for better comfort) or fill up the wheel well (for visual effect), It will just have a bigger cross section. So curious to know your reasons for the upgrade?
My reasons would be higher grip / stability. Though it would affect the mileage and comfort. So a trade off definitely. However I am still in the making a decision phase about the tyre upgrade. A lot would depend on the test drive.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 21:25   #620
BHPian

Test drives will be really important. I am also looking forward to a test drive before taking delivery.
For Hycross VX, 7-seater configuration looks to be more luxurious due to following factors:
- Family members sitting in last row will have extra leg room.
- Ingress would be just walk-in from 2nd row to 3rd row. (making the 3rd row more usable)
- 7-seater configuration gives a better sense of space. People upgrading from a 5 seater car will feel better for a change.
- Better under-thigh support for 7-seater vs 8-seater configuration in VX
- Captain seats give us better comfort and passengers will be compelled to wear seatbelts (most of the people do not wear seatbelts in a bench seat)
Considering the above factors I booked 7 seater VX on the first day itself.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 21:42   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone guide me to getting the feature list for the VX? Anywhere I look it’s the universal feature list for the ZX which doesn’t serve my purpose specially when I take the PDI.
Attaching varients explanation by motoroctane ( they posted this today)

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-1.jpeg

G variant
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-2.jpeg

GX variant
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-3.jpeg

VX variant
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-4.jpeg

ZX variant
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-5.jpeg

ZX(O) variant
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-6.jpeg

Engine options
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-7.jpeg

Colour options
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-8.jpeg
jerin.v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 21:48   #622

Quote:
235 / 55/ R17 is the best upgrade for Hycross VX
This may seem like a stupid question but, would you have to change the alloys(alloy width) for this increase in Tyre width?
And is the table attached below accurate?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-tyre-width-rim-width.jpeg  

KURU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 22:00   #623
BHPian

Quote:
My reasons would be higher grip / stability. Though it would affect the mileage and comfort. So a trade off definitely. However I am still in the making a decision phase about the tyre upgrade. A lot would depend on the test drive.
Any idea if I can go with 225/60 R18 instead of 225/50 R18 for ZX? The OEM tyres look too small, and may not give a comfortable ride I think.
Old 30th January 2023, 22:13   #624
BHPian

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...0r18-235-50r18

235/50/R18 will be the best tire upgrade for ZX owners
Old 30th January 2023, 23:40   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
While we speculate on booking and deliveries, I see there are essentially three major issues with this car amongst others, and I would like to seek the advice of veterans of this group for the same -

1.) Tyre Size - I believe it is understood at this time that neither the smaller tyre seems to look decent or even promise a satisfying ride. Can anyone suggest what profile should one go for / can go for while retaining the original rims?

2.) Poor Camera Quality - I see that the 360 cameras coming along with the vehicle are very poor in quality and reminds me of the time when just having a reverse camera in the car was the 'big thing'. So if the experts here can suggest what changes can be made/ or whether the cameras can be swapped with some other to give a more clear image especially at night?

3.) though I havent been able to test out the music system of this car in person, I have seen some videos and safe to assume that they wont be a match for the XUV 700's humongous 12 speaker sony setup. In case I want to upgrade what would the experts suggest? (Note: I absolutely cannot take out any space from the boot as the same is required for keeping wheelchair and luggage - intend to use it mostly as a 4 seater).

Can someone help me with this ?? it might solve a lot of things for a lot of people on this thread
ak_DL9C is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 00:20   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURU View Post
This may seem like a stupid question but, would you have to change the alloys(alloy width) for this increase in Tyre width?
And is the table attached below accurate?
To reply to your question... Change of alloys is not needed at all. Those alloys accomodate till 235 width easily
Old 31st January 2023, 07:45   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post

1.) Tyre Size

2.) Poor Camera Quality

3.) though I havent been able to test out the music system of this car)
While I am no veteran or expert, my 2 cents on this (rather my thought process for my VX)

All the 3 points mentioned above are after market accessories specially camera and music system. Both these can be changes after some time and their value wouldn’t depreciate in the sense one wouldn’t get any exchange price for them in any case.

Tyres are different because the earlier the decision made about them the better. Some conversations in this thread already about the tyre size, you may want to refer to the same.

Hence a lot depends on the test drive. That being said, the mods / changes I am thinking of after a few months down the line are:

1. Camera
2. Music system
3. Seat covers
4. Roof storage

And am not getting unduly worried about them. And my wallet doesn’t allow me to be so either

Tyres are the main open point.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 10:42   #628
BHPian

Quote:
While I am no veteran or expert, my 2 cents on this (rather my thought process for my VX)

All the 3 points mentioned above are after market accessories specially camera and music system. Both these can be changes after some time and their value wouldn’t depreciate in the sense one wouldn’t get any exchange price for them in any case.

Tyres are different because the earlier the decision made about them the better. Some conversations in this thread already about the tyre size, you may want to refer to the same.

Hence a lot depends on the test drive. That being said, the mods / changes I am thinking of after a few months down the line are:

1. Camera
2. Music system
3. Seat covers
4. Roof storage

And am not getting unduly worried about them. And my wallet doesn’t allow me to be so either

Tyres are the main open point.

That is a great plan

Any other info related to ur delivery did they get your car to the showroom ?

I was also into your plan of buying VX and then accessorising then I thought the extra 5 lakhs is ok and not too bad for the gigs

Currently for 5 lakhs we get

6 airbag
18 inch wheels
JBL system
Panoramic sunroof
Leather seats
Ottoman
Adjustable driver seat
Ventilated seats
Powered tailgate
Auto climate control in front and back
DRL
Front chrome surround

only disappointment i have is of the only 7 seater option.

I think toyota know that adding a variant above VX below ZX will actually reduce their sales of ZX coz many people will try to get all the below variant

Toyota actually has a system plus 360 camera for the crysta and I feel that camera is really good it's around 50k

VX then the only thing I found not convincing is it's better to buy a crysta for that rate even a used coz I feel crysta top end gets everything for that
If someone comes up with a body conversion kit from crysta to hycross exterior then we will see many modified crystas
jerin.v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 11:20   #629
BHPian

VX is best value for money varant -
6 airbag - Biggest con in VX (Toyota should re think. They will have to add it before October 2023)
18 inch wheels - 17 Inchers are better for bigger tyee sidewall so VX us better
JBL system - can be upgraded after market
Panoramic sunroof - leads to lesser headroom in 2nd and 3rd row. Go and try the vehicles at the dealership
Leather seats - a gimmic these days, can be easily done for 20k at nany customized car spas
Ottoman - once folded, leads to kesser underthigh support as compared to VX
Adjustable driver seat - available in VX also manually
Ventilated seats - 2nd row will feel the heat during Indian summers
Powered tailgate - another gimmic and very slow
DRL and Fog lamp is a miss. Fog lamp can be added later
Front chrome surround - available in VX also
Hence paying 5 lakhs for ZX does not make any sense.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 31st January 2023 at 11:48. Reason: To correct some Spelling mistakes
Paritoshkalra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 12:28   #630
BHPian

Quote:
VX is best value for money varant -
6 airbag - Biggest con in VX (Toyota should re think. They will have to add it before October 2023)
18 inch wheels - 17 Inchers are better for bigger tyee sidewall so VX us better
JBL system - can be upgraded after market
Panoramic sunroof - leads to lesser headroom in 2nd and 3rd row. Go and try the vehicles at the dealership
Leather seats - a gimmic these days, can be easily done for 20k at nany customized car spas
Ottoman - once folded, leads to kesser underthigh support as compared to VX
Adjustable driver seat - available in VX also manually
Ventilated seats - 2nd row will feel the heat during Indian summers
Powered tailgate - another gimmic and very slow
DRL and Fog lamp is a miss. Fog lamp can be added later
Front chrome surround - available in VX also
Hence paying 5 lakhs for ZX does not make any sense.

That points are correct and I'm not saying anything related to value for money I'm just saying my point of view to why I went ahead with ZX
but try adding half of the features together is min gonna cost 2.5 lakhs

I would 100 percent agree to you if it's a new model car like XUV700 and we want to save money but want a new model car

But here VX variant is no different to crysta VX and except for the hybrid engine. To be honest the RWD of crysta meant it is a take it anywhere car

And personally I felt the interior of crysta to feel more premium than hycross

Currently comparing a VX hycross and crysta what all do we get
Hybrid Engine
Better fuel economy
All of the other things can be added like you said for hycross

If we consider adding, then GX ( I'm not sure if it's available as personal vehicles) is the best varient except for hybrid engine everything can be added

For 24 lakhs it's worth it. it's priced just above a creta at 23 and definitely 6 lakhs difference worth of petrol - hybrid is more than 1 lakhs kilometres running

See I'm not trying to prove you wrong 5 lakhs saved is 5 lakhs saved. but I feel if I'm paying 30 lakhs i need to have the bells and whistles different from what was already being offered

And plus I did the same with my pervious car Honda City instead of ZX I took VX, price diff was 1.5 lakhs
Diff was
LED head lamps
6 airbags
Leather seats

And to get a matching quality of leather seats required 50k and headlamps set cost 10k
And now when I'm trying to exchange it the exchange diff is almost close to 75k between used VX and ZX City. So I could have just opted for a ZX City. I did save 1.5 lakhs but terming something as value for money in toyota seems so difficult
jerin.v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks