Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2023, 11:06   #676
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Faridabad dealer says that their display car is yet to be dispatched from the factory. People are already taking deliveries in other parts of the country.
I had also booked Hycross from 36 Toyota in Faridabad on very first day. They kept on forcing me to give 10 lakhs in advance so as to deliver the vehicle asap in 1st lot by March 15. The response from Faridabad dealer has not been good at all. No allocations and no queue as the bookings are all dealer managed which is actually leading to mis-management.
Old 4th February 2023, 11:35   #677
BHPian

I had booked during launch for Hybrid VX version (bronze Color). Received a message from Ravindu that car is available for registration. Due to some minor hiccup, I changed to Black ageha 7 seater VX, and it’s scheduled to deliver on Feb 9th.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 11:45   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
I had also booked Hycross from 36 Toyota in Faridabad on very first day. They kept on forcing me to give 10 lakhs in advance so as to deliver the vehicle asap in 1st lot by March 15. The response from Faridabad dealer has not been good at all. No allocations and no queue as the bookings are all dealer managed which is actually leading to mis-management.
No such unscrupulous demand has been made to me. In my case, the behaviour of the 36 Toyota people has been professional. Then again, I never insisted on getting delivery in the first lot. I had also booked online on Day 1. My line of communication to them has been clear and consistent- that I want to see the vehicle in person, drive it, and only then will I decide if I will go ahead with the purchase.

And, I have been insisting on clarification of the E20 issue. I hope this engine is fully compliant with E20 and it’s not like the Hyryder where they are clearly indulging in doublespeak on this matter in the owners manual.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 12:27   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post

I am getting an insurance quote of 76,000 that covers zero dep, return to invoice, consumables, etc. Is it reasonable for 24.06 ex showroom price?
Seems a bit higher by 10-15 K.I got it for Rs 59000 for an Idv of 21.45 lakhs(95% of EX showroom price) with zero dep and consumables(Royal Sundaram)

Last edited by das_ren_auto : 4th February 2023 at 12:49.
Old 4th February 2023, 12:37   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Seems a bit higher by 10-15 K.I got it for Rs 59000 for an Idv of 21.45 lakhs(95% of EX showroom price) with zero dip and consumables(Royal Sundaram)
Return to invoice add on is around 7k to 8k. The idv in my case is 23.08 lakh. I can check if the idv can be reduced since RTI is there. My quote is from hdfc ergo.
Upgrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 15:30   #681

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Warranty and insurance are two separate things. The SAs are using the guise of Hybrid tech to persuade you to get dealer-issued insurance. I was told the same. Do insist on them matching a quote you get from an aggregator.

Do a PDI before you disburse the loan.

Congrats on the car! Yours might be one of the very first on the forum.
On insurance, as others have indicated external quotes are in the 70k range, 50% of the dealer-issued price. Will probably go with an external insurer, dealer disappointment notwithstanding, unless they are able to come within 4-5k of my quote.

Planning to do a PDI on Monday, let's see how it goes. Seems like a few others on this thread are in a similar stage, I think next week will see all of us take delivery and we should see a bunch of first-hand accounts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerin.v View Post
Congrats on your new car

I guess then this car at Nandi Toyota is for you. They told me it's a customer-allocated vehicle.

Haha, could very well be! Though my SA said that out of the initial batch of 50, they have 12 ZX/ZX(O)s, and most are in Blackish Ageha

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonHawk View Post
Congrats on the allotment! I'm a Nandi Toyota Whitefield customer, so been to their near Kudlu gate for my Hyryder PDI. Nothing specific beyond the Team BHP checklist, but I'd recommend you take a proper detailed video of the car at the stockyard in order to compare with on delivery date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonHawk View Post

As others have said, ensure you authorize loan disbursement and car registration only post PDI.
Thank you! Definitely plan to take a comprehensive video, and no question of signing any paperwork prior to the PDI.
necrogen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 15:45   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
it’s scheduled to deliver on Feb 9th.
Have you been able to do a test drive? It’s amazing how things are panning out from a timeline perspective with deliveries commencing before test drives.
Old 4th February 2023, 19:36   #683
BHPian

Congratulations to one and all, whoever is getting their cars allotted and delivered soon. While no car is perfect, and sure enough Hycross has its own set of idiosyncrasies. To a friend I said “Well, when spending 35 lakhs, I was hoping to see BMW finish. Only to realise, BMWs now are 70 lakhs”.

However, a small word of caution for users/ potential buyers, this is not a car I would fill 6-7 people very often with. While as oxymoron-ic that may sound, see the picture clicked during my quick standby look this morning.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-de17f355e0e2472b880e3b16a5c6e5d1.jpeg

I have never seen an Innova buckle down with 6 people onboard. Never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
They probably have some really heavy things in the boot.
Yes, 2 full grown adults sitting in the third row this was the test drive vehicle.

Last edited by Overlander : 4th February 2023 at 20:04.
Overlander is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 19:48   #684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
It’s amazing how things are panning out from a timeline perspective with deliveries commencing before test drives.
Indeed. I was told another 4-5 days for TDs in Pune. One dealer said they'll offer TDs within the showroom building premises, with only their driver driving. Even that stopped today, he sent a message saying so. The delay seems to be because cars aren't registered with RTO yet.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 19:53   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Congratulations to one and all, whoever is getting their cars allotted and delivered soon. While no car is perfect, and sure enough Hycross has its own set of idiosyncrasies. To a friend I said “Well, when spending 35 lakhs, I was hoping to see BMW finish. Only to realise, BMWs now are 70 lakhs”.

However, a small word of caution for users/ potential buyers, this is not a car I would fill 6-7 people very often with. While as oxymoron-ic that may sound, see the picture clicked during my quick standby look this morning.

Attachment 2414648

I have never seen an Innova buckle down with 6 people onboard. Never!
They probably have some really heavy things in the boot. Still, it's a toyota so it should be fine nonetheless.
Old 4th February 2023, 19:53   #686

Quote:
Have you been able to do a test drive? It’s amazing how things are panning out from a timeline perspective with deliveries commencing before test drives.
Test drives have started today at Nandi Toyota(e-city).
I went for a short test drive on the e-city main road and on a decent back road with a few bad patches. Didn't really get to test it on a very bad road yet, as I was time-restricted and had to be elsewhere. My thoughts are going to mainly be in comparison with the Crysta as the Hycross will be our Crysta replacement.

Thoughts from the brief drive: -
1. The car is extremely nice to drive and has a good initial punch because of the electric motor. Didn’t really get to test it at a high speed because of traffic.
2. Cabin is very quiet, and you can barely make out the difference when the ICE starts up. It can only be heard when you floor the accelerator.
3. It has a very soft suspension but there were times when I could feel certain bad patches of the road in the cabin, mainly because of the low-profile tires.
4. One point I forgot to mention previously, in comparison to the Crysta were the brakes. All four discs do make a difference and provide better braking but it’s not as good as I expected it to be. (Maybe I am just used to the discs on the Tiguan and Superb)
5. The Electric power steering is a huge plus for me, as maneuverability in the city is much easier compared to the hydraulic one in Crysta.
6. The steering mounted controls are of really bad quality, especially the volume controls and the track change controls.
7. Visibility is pretty good. However, the bonnet is bigger and longer than the Crysta’s, so that impacts visibility a bit but shouldn’t be a problem.
8. Out of all the ADAS features, I was only able to test the Lane keep assist. There was a good amount of resistance before switching lanes.
9. The Lane keep assist and lane departure warning can be switched OFF with a press of a button, but it remains ON by default whenever the car is turned on. I’m not sure if that can be changed in the settings. The SA mentioned that it comes ON by default. It would be useful if we could switch it OFF by default, especially when the car is chauffeur driven.
10. The JBL audio system is much better than the Crysta (ZX) stock system but not up to the quality of my liking. The speakers will need to be upgraded for me.
11. The screen covering the sunroof blocks light from entering and is of a better quality compared to the Hyryder.
12. The cushioning on the seats were better on the Crysta but I didn’t find the driver seat to be uncomfortable at all.

We have decided to go ahead with the purchase as we need the car ASAP. SA mentioned that delivery will be done before the end of next week. However, the car hasn’t been allotted yet, so I don’t really know what to think of that. No option but to wait and hope it is delivered on time.
I have also confirmed with the SA to replace the existing tires with 235/55 R18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde’s, since those were the only ones available with them from the tires that I had shortlisted.

Would love to hear opinions from other Bhpians who have driven the vehicle.
Would also like to hear about the feedback of the Pirelli Scorpion Verde’s, if possible.
Thanks
KURU is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 20:39   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURU View Post
4. One point I forgot to mention previously, in comparison to the Crysta were the brakes. All four discs do make a difference and provide better braking but it’s not as good as I expected it to be. (Maybe I am just used to the discs on the Tiguan and Superb)

I have also confirmed with the SA to replace the existing tires with 235/55 R18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde’s, since those were the only ones available with them from the tires that I had shortlisted.
1. Just confirming if this is Nandi ECity or Kudlu Gate
2. Any idea if the VX also has disc brakes in all 4?
3. Glad to know that Nandi themselves are giving an exchange on the tyres. Can you let me know the price for the same?
4. Any idea where the stockyard for Nandi Kudlu is located?
Old 4th February 2023, 20:52   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURU View Post
Good thing is that this tyre upgrade (235/55 R18) will give you Sidewall thickness of over 5.09 Inches which would now be same as compared to tyres provided in VX (215/60/R17 gets sidewall height of 5.08 inches)
Note: Sidewall height of ZX stock tyres (225/50/R18) is 4.43 inch
Are they going to do perform the speedometer correction also?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-r18.png  

Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 21:23   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. Glad to know that Nandi themselves are giving an exchange on the tyres. Can you let me know the price for the same?
About 2 : All trims have 4 wheel disc brakes.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 21:46   #690

Quote:
1. This was at Nandi Toyota Kudlu gate (https://maps.app.goo.gl/iyXXSaxdb7S8Hh5j9?g_st=iw)
2. From what I have checked online even the VX comes with 4 discs. It would make sense as it is also a hybrid power train and would probably need it for regenerative braking?
3. The tires costed Rs12000 per unit after exchange.
4. I have no idea about the location of the stock yard. I am guessing it is under the sheds behind the showroom.

Most Viewed