Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2023, 11:59   #811
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Yes, I had reached a signal and had to stop for the signal. I wanted to engage park brake and release the foot brake, hence shifted to N and was trying to engage park brake.
The SA advised me not to use N except for toeing purpose. He suggested P or D+Hold in signals, as according to him this would ensure that battery is charged. Apparently, in N mode, there is no recharge happening.
Upgrade is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 13:21   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Since many people in this forum are planning to cancel the booking, please suggest alternatives for an automatic petrol SUV with excellent customer satisfaction index?
Alternative Options:
1. MG Hector CVT?
MG Hector interiors are great. lac or so cheaper too compared to rivals. However, that engine is seriously only for very sedate drivers. Push it and you will feel the reluctance. Diesel is good, but that manual handbrake on a 22L+ car is an eyesore.
MountainGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 14:00   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Took delivery of Innova Hybrid VX 7 STR from Ravindu Toyota.
Innova has started its mile munching journey. My initial impressions (600kms of driving) are very positive with little to complain. The initial diesel engine clatter is GONE. It’s a typical EV kind of start with no noise whatsoever. The ride is well sorted and generations ahead when compared with its predecessor. You sit high and comfortable, and get a commanding view of the road. The car is x-Large and you get good amount of space inside. The car drives in EV mode in the bumper to bumper traffic, and drives effortlessly. The steering is super light and lacks feedback.
harishpr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 14:48   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
My initial impressions (600kms of driving) are very positive with little to complain..
May i ask, how much is the fuel efficiency you are getting?
baarish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 14:56   #815

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
Booked on 26th November, After Launch i received final confirmation. only had order ID till then. My waiting time was of 6 months. They say possible delivery in March. But when i was booking i was told i am 5th in line. In fact at the time of booking i seemed to know much more about the variants, features and colour options than they did. Initially i had put myself down for ZX, but post release noting the nominal price increase i upgraded to ZX(O) with Blackish Blue Ageha Glass Flake.

The dealership experience is of Galaxy Toyota, Dwarka, Delhi.

Today going through this forum discussion i learned that Galaxy Toyota, Chattarpur has received their showroom display model.

I had been constantly following up with the Dwarka outlet, and they were saying they will only get display piece by February. Now when i confronted them with this information they promptly asked me to come to the showroom and see the car.

Honestly, this practice is extremely deprecable and makes me doubt whether they will maintain the sanctity of timely delivery. There seems to be some foul play here, but i must say i cannot comment conclusively and this is based on suspicion.

However, the experience i am having with Toyota in respect to the Hycross is simply the worst, and i am genuinely considering cancelling my booking. However, due to lack of alternatives (7 seater with decent mileage and futureproof) and delay in delivery on making a new booking has kept me on the rails. And to top it all they never seem to have any idea about anything, thats just simply annoying, i always seem to know more than they ever do. (Probably should stop practicing law and join Toyota? haha)

I knew Toyota SA's have been a bit highheaded. But the Hycross launch is just entirely botched up.
Hey i have booked the hycross too from galaxy toyota dwarka and on the 26nov too.
Just like you had changed to zx(o) from zx after price reveal.
And yes booked the same color as you. What a coincidence.
Do you have any update on the expected delivery date?
Could you tell me what is the exact time on 26th that you made the booking….its part of your booking number.??
Old 12th February 2023, 15:03   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
The SA advised me not to use N except for toeing purpose. He suggested P or D+Hold in signals, as according to him this would ensure that battery is charged. Apparently, in N mode, there is no recharge happening.
Thanks for the information. This explanation does make sense to me.
nischaltopno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 15:11   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
May i ask, how much is the fuel efficiency you are getting?
I haven’t started to track this , the inbuilt system shows 5.7L/100Kms (~ 17kmpl)
harishpr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 16:13   #818

Innova Hycross : a brief testdrive

My observations.

Looks
Does look nice from most angles however I feel ,from the back it looks a little outdated.
Tyres looks small for such a big car due to low profile. Blackish ageha color looks green under direct sunlight .

Performance
Ride and handling
Sorted dynamics, neutral handling with supple ride for most part although it does crash on sharp bumps and craters.
Steering feedback though not best is decent enough for EPS standards.

Engine+ electric motor
Performance could be said as more than adequate but not exciting.
Unlike crysta diesal it isn’t torquey but decently fast.
NA engine is silent and very smooth , shifts between pure EV mode and hybrid mode seamlessly unnoticed.Thumps up for the overall smooth driving experiance.

e- CVT gearbox: Achilles Heel I say;
This makes the performance rather unexciting:
When driven hard neverthless there is good momentum ,the CVT whining is so high that we would feel like slowing down which would eventually smoothen overall experiance. A Big letdown for enthusiasts.
So it is best driven with a light right foot which not only gives a smooth driving experiance but also better FE as EV mode works most in such scenario.
Neverthless,you could have some fun with wheelspin under hard accelaration while taking a U turn or so.😎

Verdict
Certainly not the innova we have seen over the years.The monocoque chassis has made the hycross more welcoming and practical for day to day driving pertaining to performance character which has shifted from rugged rough to smooth and soft that could cater to a wider variety of drivers and passengers of more urban environment in particular.

Worth mentioning:
- [ ] Jbl music system felt overall good however with a high boomy bass for most songs.
- [ ] Seating position is quite high which would give an SUV feel while driving.
- [ ] Rear seating could be best explained as relaxed and calm with those ottoman seats.
- [ ] Under ev mode even a gentle tap on throttle could switch on the engine and shift to hybrid mode.
- [ ] Paddle shift: couldnt find it much usefull rather did not observe any visible difference on performance while using it.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-ce63b84030934475b8ff116e81efb174.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-dcdca8bdcf0a4f60b15126f3633cbbd0.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-e193cf1dfb9749fdbce10fcb44ef5c7e.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-f2e086ce0e824051b7fc2cd19d11496c.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-6ab25c6c15d344afae96bd36f0663731.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-7fe08177f125406db0b291c03f36102e.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-52ad4848dd974e2bb5540cfea7f5299e.jpeg  

72Garage is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 18:20   #819
BHPian

Today I had a brief test drive of the GX variant of the Innova Hycross at Hosur Road, Bangalore.

The overall quality of the interiors is acceptable. It has auto hold function and electronic parking brake.

The engine and CVT gearbox combination is very smooth. The power delivery is linear and felt adequate for my sedate driving style. The cabin is well insulated. There is body roll when going over humps. The average on the display was showing 9.3 km/l.

With the electric power steering, parking was a breeze compared to my Punto .

Overall, I found it to be a good family car.
jathin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 18:28   #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTracker View Post
Hey i have booked the hycross too from galaxy toyota dwarka and on the 26nov too.
Just like you had changed to zx(o) from zx after price reveal.
And yes booked the same color as you. What a coincidence.
Do you have any update on the expected delivery date?
Could you tell me what is the exact time on 26th that you made the booking….its part of your booking number.??

I had given made my payment on 23rd itself. It was kept open because toyota was not taking orders. Spoke to GM yesterday, they say in next lot they should give it to me. and that may take a months time.
ak_DL9C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 21:34   #821
BHPian

The biggest issue with the Hycross is, wait 65 weeks for the hybrid versions! The showroom was packed, with a 15 minute wait for a salesperson Compare that to Jeep where the Meridian is already being flogged at a discount, with immediate delivery...

The lower end Hycross looks very very plain. No juicy ADAS etc. Sigh... Looks like I'll have to settle for a top spec Crysta instead.

Last edited by VivOverland : 12th February 2023 at 21:34. Reason: Correcting autocorrect
VivOverland is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 22:02   #822
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a link to an online user manual of the hycross? I remember toyota announcing that they would provide user manuals for their cars online a couple months back. I think giving it a read would help clear up a lot of doubts since most specifications still seem to be in the dark.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 02:47   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivOverland View Post
The biggest issue with the Hycross is, wait 65 weeks for the hybrid versions! The showroom was packed, with a 15 minute wait for a salesperson Compare that to Jeep where the Meridian is already being flogged at a discount, with immediate delivery...
Hi- any idea what discounts are being offered on the Meridian & in which showroom ?
Old 13th February 2023, 07:04   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Does anyone have a link to an online user manual of the hycross? I remember toyota announcing that they would provide user manuals for their cars online a couple months back. I think giving it a read would help clear up a lot of doubts since most specifications still seem to be in the dark.
The i-connect app has the online manual. I am yet to check that out. The physical one is small and is more of a troubleshooting guide.

Quote:
The i-connect app has the online manual. I am yet to check that out. The physical one is small and is more of a troubleshooting guide.
The app indeed has a very detailed user guide.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230213_094432_toyota-iconnect.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th February 2023 at 09:56. Reason: back to Back post merged.
Upgrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 14:03   #825

Quote:
The app indeed has a very detailed user guide.
Could not access this without registering the vehicle with Vin/Chassis number.

If its in pdf form, can you share it ?
rfady is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks