Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2023, 15:28   #901
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Music System Comparison (GX vs VX vs ZX) (Use Headphones)

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 18th February 2023 at 15:35.
Old 18th February 2023, 18:50   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Is any price protection being assured by TKM/ dealers for those who have booked Hycross early, in case the delivery occurs after price revision ? For Crysta, Fortuner etc it was not there and this was listed among the booking terms.
There is no price protection even for early birds. I took delivery of the VX and all I got as complimentary was Ganesha Idol, Tissue Paper bunch and a car perfume gel.
Ravindu Toyota in Bangalore is by far the best one in Karnataka with good allocation ratio and professional sales team.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 18:51   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
I believe Toyota is focusing manufacturing VX variants over the ZX and ZX(O) and hence VX is getting delivered more.
You are right. VX offers more value for the money though it misses out on 6 airbags at 30L price point.
Most bookings are for VX variant and they will be seen in multiple numbers soon.
Old 18th February 2023, 18:59   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
You are right. VX offers more value for the money though it misses out on 6 airbags at 30L price point.
Most bookings are for VX variant and they will be seen in multiple numbers soon.
You are absolutely right. Majority of the bookings are for VX variant since ZX has thin sidewalls and price difference between ZX and VX is huge. I have come to know that many people downgraded their bookings from ZX to VX.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 19:42   #905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
You are absolutely right. Majority of the bookings are for VX variant since ZX has thin sidewalls and price difference between ZX and VX is huge. I have come to know that many people downgraded their bookings from ZX to VX.
Toyota has been doing the same thing with the Innova Crysta, GX and VX come with 205/65/R16 and ZX comes with 215/55/R17. With this, for a smoother ride comfort one would need to compromise with a lower variant (ZX to VX/GX). I wonder why Toyota continues to do this with the Hycross as well
Old 18th February 2023, 20:29   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
But here in Bangalore and all majority of the bookings are for ZX(O). Nandi toyota has 300+ booking for ZX(O) not even ZX. VX is around 56-60. People are downgrading but not making a difference on ZX(O).
jerin.v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 20:36   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerin.v View Post
But here in Bangalore and all majority of the bookings are for ZX(O). Nandi toyota has 300+ booking for ZX(O) not even ZX. VX is around 56-60. People are downgrading but not making a difference on ZX(O).
In North India, VX is high in demand.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 21:51   #908
BHPian

Anyone in Bangalore who has got accessories namely floor mats, seat covers, steering wheel cover etc installed for their Hycross (not from the dealership)?
Old 18th February 2023, 22:10   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Anyone in Bangalore who has got accessories namely floor mats, seat covers, steering wheel cover etc installed for their Hycross (not from the dealership)?
Guys, get any set of accessories but never buy seat covers. The original fabric seats are super comfy. In case it gets dirty in future, please use 3M drycleaner foam which is available for just 600 INR from amazon for occasional cleaning. Believe me, it works like a charm. However, avoid seat covers, keep it original, it will ruin the overall comfort. You will never feel the need of ventilated seats. I am using this product since 7 years and I have never opted for any set of seat covers on any of my cars.

https://www.amazon.in/3M-Interior-Cleaner-580-g/dp/B0183SZDTS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2UE2ZMB38L1AS&keywords=3M+Dry +cleaner&qid=1676738534&sprefix=3m+dry+cleaner%2Ca ps%2C228&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Attached Images

Last edited by Aditya : 19th February 2023 at 04:59. Reason: Formatting
Paritoshkalra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 22:55   #910

How much cheaper would this car be in TN with the new tax waivers ? Does anyone have more info regarding that ?
Old 18th February 2023, 23:28   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
I have ordered 7D mats for Hycross online for ₹5500. Paid ₹500 advance and remaining on delivery. No idea about its quality but looks good. To match VX variant dual tone interior, I chose the coffee color.

They called me to confirm whether my variant is 7 seater or 8 seater.

https://www.hotcarshop.in/productdet...s&_pc=PROD5715

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230218232410750edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
jthomas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 23:01   #912

need a bit help here ! booked my innova ZX(o) on 23rd november, still dont know when its going to be delivered. however, my xuv 700 ax7 luxury petrol is here. what do you bhpians recommend i do ?

The Xuv is costing me 27-28 otr delhi, whereas hycross is 35. money isnt such an issue. but the innova is so bland ,boring and has cheap quality interiors, it doesnt really have me very sold. At the same time, mahindras buggy software thirsty turbo petrol and lesser space than the hycross have me confused.

Also the absolute silence maintained by toyota in terms of my car status. doesnt give me the confidence to stick it out ?
ak_DL9C is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 23:30   #913
BHPian

I read few comments on this thread saying that ZX(O) does not look like a 35 Lakh car and folks have opted for VX variant coz they did not feel ZX is worth the premium. My suggestion would be if you can afford ZX (O) buy it. The premium is not just for what you see visually like better or poor interior, moon roof, additional airbags but what's under the hood mainly Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 which i think is the BIGGEST USP of the vehicle.

If this matters, Toyota HYCROSS ZX(O) has driving/safety features that are not there in Mercedes GLS, AUDI Q7 Premium Plus, Jeep Meridian or Toyota Fortuner

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-capture.png

* Car Comparison source carwale

I always believed Toyota is ridiculously priced both in India and USA given their brand value in line with KIA, HYUNDAI . My car hunt experience here in USA changed some of my perception. After test driving few pre owned luxury cars I ended up buying a Toyota given what it had to offer .

I was looking for a pre-owned SUV with 2-3 must have feature like Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Monitoring, Lane Departure Prevention and Alert. I felt that these are nice features which makes driving hassle free. We generally talk about Cruise Control and Adaptive Cruise Control in the same breath but both are totally different when it comes to on road experience. I would hesitate to use Cruise control given the vehicular traffic even on highway and the level of alertness it requires. But Adaptive Cruise control is a totally different experience as it takes out the issue of controlling speed and braking incase the vehicle ahead stops or reduces speed. I know lot of folks may feel that this may not be necessary in India. But I see this as a big boon on access controlled highway. Set Lane Departure prevention along with Adaptive Cruise control and that's the closest one can get to AUTO-PILOT experience.

During the car search, i test drove Mercedes GLS and guess what GLS does not have adaptive cruise control as a standard feature and comes as an Optional add-on. In india i think this is not even an option. Without getting into specifics i realised the luxury segment in my budget had one or the other feature missing and toyota offers all of this even in the base variant of their mid-range SUV.

The Toyota Hycross ZX(O) ( not the fortuner) feature wise is the closest to the toyota Offering in USA. If i ignore the interior and few bells and whistles, this is closest to Toyota highlander Hybrid which cost roughly between 45-55K USD.

My 2 cents is that if you have the budget go for it.

Last edited by LoneWolf9 : 19th February 2023 at 23:39.
LoneWolf9 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 00:07   #914

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post

My 2 cents is that if you have the budget go for it.

Thanks for the input. i understand where you are coming from, but xuv700 has exactly the same offering (except for hybrid powertrain) and a price difference of 8 lakhs. What would you suggest?
Old 20th February 2023, 00:48   #915
BHPian

There is no comparison between XUV 700 and Hycross. Major difference is Toyota brand value and reliability. Innova is one car which is not a depreciating asset. Its resale value keeps on increasing as the time progresses. Moreover the running cost will be one third in Hycross Hybrid as compared to XUV 700 petrol AT. XUV Petrol AT delivers an average of 6-8kmpl in city and 10-12kmpl on highway. While Hycross Hybrid delivers an average of 20-21kmpl in city and 17-18 kmpl on highway. XUV is a 5 seater with 2 children seats while Hycross is a proper 7 seater.
Buying Hycross is definately a WIN WIN situation!

Believe me I am saying this out of my experiences! Mahindra dealers provide extremely bad service experience to their customers. Observe a 2 yr old Mahindra SUV on road and compare its condition with a 5 year old Innova, I am sure 5 yr old Toyota Innova will appear to be new !

Go ahead with Hycross purchase (eyes closed).

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 20th February 2023 at 01:12.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed