Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2023, 09:02   #916

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Could you share the deal they offer you please. I did notice that there is some discount being offered on one of the models (limited I think but it is not AT).
The test drive was great fun with a good bit of off roading but unfortunately the meridian is really small compared to the hycross.

They were offering approx 300k off on 4x4 2022 model and 170k off on 2023 FWD models.
grepvel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 09:39   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Guys, get any set of accessories but never buy seat covers. The original fabric seats are super comfy. In case it gets dirty in future, please use 3M drycleaner foam which is available for just 600 INR from amazon for occasional cleaning. Believe me, it works like a charm. However, avoid seat covers, keep it original, it will ruin the overall comfort. You will never feel the need of ventilated seats. I am using this product since 7 years and I have never opted for any set of seat covers on any of my cars. ]
Does this also work for cloth / fabric seats or only art leather?
Old 20th February 2023, 09:41   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
Thanks for the input. i understand where you are coming from, but xuv700 has exactly the same offering (except for hybrid powertrain) and a price difference of 8 lakhs. What would you suggest?
Xuv700 will be more fun to drive but at the expense of fuel economy, space and comfort. Go for it if you don't really need a 7 seater / tourer.
Old 20th February 2023, 09:52   #919
BHPian

Can any one help identify how to mute the Volume with one press / click -in the VX Hybrid models ?
Old 20th February 2023, 09:53   #920
Distinguished - BHPian

Got another good look at the Hycross at the MGF Gurgaon dealership (from where my booking has been made). This time I took along my better half and she liked the car , even interior wise. Compared to the Hector plus which she is currently driving, she felt the interiors are plain, but look built to last.
Also I noticed that the new cars (which are now for starting customer deliveries) are better built in terms of fit and finish compared to the earlier pre-production / display vehicles shown earlier. So it seems Toyota has improved the fit finish for the production cars and over the next few months, it should improve further.
On the delivery commitment, my SA is saying that I may get delivery new month for the Ageha black VX 8 Seater. Let's wait and see!
Behemoth is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 10:26   #921
BHPian

Any recommendations for a place in Bangalore to get accessories like side steps and skid plates?
Old 20th February 2023, 10:36   #922
Team-BHP Support

I took my dad to the showroom to check out the Hyryder and we got to see the new Hycross as well.

He liked the comfort and seating and was saying it is now much better than the Crysta. He had rejected the Crysta as his corolla replacement in 2016 itself as he found the ride bad and more importantly the interior was too flashy for him with the blue strip on top and the swoopy top heavy dash was a put off for him.

In the Hycross he liked the simpler and more traditional dashboard design without the swoopy binnacle. He said it looks much better now vs the Crysta.

Regarding the plastics, he obviously said they don't match up with his Kodiaq which is anyways a different segment.

What I realised is that the plastics are good in terms of fit and gaps and how they are screwed together. However the plastics are not good in terms of feel. Toyota also hasn't done themselves any favours by skimping on piano black finishing. Mahindra and Tata sprinkle piano black everywhere to uplift the cabin and give perceived premium feel. The Toyota just has a piano black finish around the gear selector. The door pads and area around the door handles are all plain matte black plastic. This is what makes you feel that the cabin is less premium.

The Toyota cabin is utilitarian and hard wearing and does not feel or look premium. I didn't really find any loose or ill fitting pieces and everything was hard wearing scratchy plastics. This is how Toyota interiors have always been. But looks like with the price tag which is mainly for the Hybrid powertrain, buyers are expecting the interiors to be more flashy with some bling and are disappointed that it is a typical Toyota cabin and not like the fancy MG, Hyundai, Kia, Mahindra flashy ones.

The interior is still an upgrade from the Crysta but does not give perceived premium feel. What you see is what you get.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th February 2023 at 10:49.
Vid6639 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:15   #923
BANNED

So on one fine day i took my dad to checkout Hycross and xuv700.(he had already booked Hycross ZX(0) in the month of November and still waiting for delivery).This was our observations when comparing these vehicles.

1. XUV 700 has way better plastic quality when compared to Hycross.
2. We found almost no difference in the seating position for the front row.
3. Third row hands down Hycross is spacious, even i found it reasonable at 5'10 myself. I didn't even try to sit in XUV 700.
4. You really do sit high in second row in both these vehicles.
5. For a regular person i think it is hard to justify the price difference between these two(It's about 8 lakhs difference i think on road price in Vizag for top end)but two of the important reasons for getting a big car for us was third row space and the boot space with all the rows up.
So we decided to go with Hycross.
Sattii is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:44   #924
BHPian

Been following many posts about the new Innova Hycross.

I'm reading a lot of negatives, especially about the interior quality and hybrid battery eating into middle row legroom.

Which leads to my following 'what car' question:

Hyundai Tucson Diesel vs Toyota Innova Hycross Hybrid

Requirements:
- Budget of close to 40 lakh
- Will be 90% chauffeur driven
- Moderate running of 1000 km a month, hence why diesel or hybrid options are preferable
- Easy ingress/egress for the elderly
- Enough ground clearance to handle kaccha roads (think like a factory / construction site. But does not need Fortuner/Thar level off-road capabilities)
- Good comfortable ride quality, nice sound insulation
- Interiors should be a nice place to be
- No need for 7 seats (if an Innova is purchased, assume the rear seats will be folded down 99% of the time)

The friend who is looking at the above already owns a 2019 Hyundai Tucson. He loves that car, thinks it's mostly perfect. His plan was to get a new Tucson for use in the city, and send the older Tucson to his factory site.

I suggested he wait for the new Innova. After reading all the reports, the Tucson may actually be the best option for him.

Your thoughts fellow members?
kadanaJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 13:09   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Does this also work for cloth / fabric seats or only art leather?
It works for complete interior of the car. Plastics, Leather, mats, Fabric seats. All you need is separate microfiber cloth for each item.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 13:16   #926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
I suggested he wait for the new Innova. After reading all the reports, the Tucson may actually be the best option for him.

I am in a similar boat - the HyCross would definitely be easier to live with, but even as a passenger - the Tucson may have better ingress/egress for his needs, with better rear seat comfort (under thigh support).
A test drive with the elderly would be the best judge of the ingress and egress.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 15:00   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'm reading a lot of negatives, especially about the interior quality and hybrid battery eating into middle row legroom.

Which leads to my following 'what car' question:

Hyundai Tucson Diesel vs Toyota Innova Hycross Hybrid

Requirements:
- Budget of close to 40 lakh
- Will be 90% chauffeur driven
- Moderate running of 1000 km a month, hence why diesel or hybrid options are preferable
- Easy ingress/egress for the elderly
- Enough ground clearance to handle kaccha roads (think like a factory / construction site. But does not need Fortuner/Thar level off-road capabilities)
- Good comfortable ride quality, nice sound insulation
- Interiors should be a nice place to be
- No need for 7 seats (if an Innova is purchased, assume the rear seats will be folded down 99% of the time)

The friend who is looking at the above already owns a 2019 Hyundai Tucson. He loves that car, thinks it's mostly perfect. His plan was to get a new Tucson for use in the city, and send the older Tucson to his factory site.

Buy the Tucson with your eyes closed if budget isn’t an issue, both initial purchase and later maintenance and resale.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 15:02   #928
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
I went for a test drive of the Innova Hycross ZX(O). I also happened to check out the display car in the showroom which was a VX variant.
Now coming to the test drive, it was not a long drive, so my observations are limited to the short time I got to drive the car.
The car is actually quite good to drive. The car started off in battery power so it was smooth. The car has pretty good power when it is driven in Power mode. So, I don’t think it would be a problem on the highway. But, I will have to test drive it on a proper highway before making any further comment. The passenger also felt that the car is comfortable on the rear seat. The brakes had a good bite to them and I found them good when compared to the Crysta.
What I observed is that, the 2nd and 3rd row seats are kind of better on the VX as compared to the ZX. The seats in the VX felt a bit more comfortable than the ZX. I wish the seats could have been placed a little higher in the 2nd and 3rd row. But, anyway the 3rd row has better space than the Crysta. The ingress and egress is much better than the Crysta.
The steering wheel felt good to hold and use. Some of the buttons on the steering wheel are good and firm. But, some of the buttons felt kind of flimsy. Also, the window controls are not lit, it is completely black and the switches look kind of cheap.

I did enquire about when the car could be delivered, I was told the ZX and ZX(O) has a waiting of 2 years. That is what was told anyway.

Thanks.

Last edited by TURBO28 : 20th February 2023 at 15:19. Reason: Adding in a little more info.
Old 20th February 2023, 17:04   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
Hello BHPians,
I went for a test drive of the Innova Hycross ZX(O). I also happened to check out the display car in the showroom which was a VX variant.
Now coming to the test drive, it was not a long drive, so my observations are limited to the short time I got to drive the car.
The car is actually quite good to drive. The car started off in battery power so it was smooth. The car has pretty good power when it is driven in Power mode. So, I don’t think it would be a problem on the highway. But, I will have to test drive it on a proper highway before making any further comment. The passenger also felt that the car is comfortable on the rear seat. The brakes had a good bite to them and I found them good when compared to the Crysta.
What I observed is that, the 2nd and 3rd row seats are kind of better on the VX as compared to the ZX. The seats in the VX felt a bit more comfortable than the ZX. I wish the seats could have been placed a little higher in the 2nd and 3rd row. But, anyway the 3rd row has better space than the Crysta. The ingress and egress is much better than the Crysta.
The steering wheel felt good to hold and use. Some of the buttons on the steering wheel are good and firm. But, some of the buttons felt kind of flimsy. Also, the window controls are not lit, it is completely black and the switches look kind of cheap.

I did enquire about when the car could be delivered, I was told the ZX and ZX(O) has a waiting of 2 years. That is what was told anyway.

Thanks.
Thanks for the review.
Were you able to test the 2nd row of the 8 seater option?
Also, any idea what the availability is for the VX trim in Bangalore?
Old 20th February 2023, 17:27   #930
BHPian

Quote:

Being someone who looked at both options initially and have decided not to buy either of them for my own reasons, here are my few cents:
  • Tucson is a premium 5-seater (luxury/drive train etc can only be compared to Luxury Germans out there).
  • Innova Hycross is pure utility vehicle. It is a van and a pure people mover. No driving pleasure as such (at least to me - I like diesel/petrol cars).
  • Tucson will be even more expensive to maintain/own compared to other Hyundai cars - it is a CKD car. Parts availability won't be as good as mass production cars.
  • Tucson is a global car - similar to Hycross - so both should be decently reliable.
  • Toyotas won't depreciate much (if not appreciate!). Tucson will be a depreciation machine - buy it only if your friend is ready to keep the car for 7-8 years or more.
  • Tucson comes with an amazing Diesel engine with loads of space on second row and isn't designed to carry those extra two seats. So it will be a fun to drive car (good engine and small car is always fun). You won't get this experience in Hycross.
  • Tucson has AWD - can get you out of tricky terrains without much fuss. 192mm GC I believe will be decent enough for those muddy/pothole filled roads.
  • Tucson's fit, finish and feel is not comparable to Hycross - it is miles ahead.
  • Tucson's ADAS is way better than Hycross - it has few more features and a true ADAS 2 by all standards.

Send this to your friend - and let him decide.
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed