Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2023, 20:15   #961
BHPian
 
Paritoshkalra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Delhi, NCR
Posts: 200
Thanked: 511 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlesh View Post
What tire size will you suggest for upgrade which doesnít void warranty? I think most of Future ZX buyers will go for upgrade
There are 2 options:
1) Either we downgrade to 17 inch alloys, then 215 60 R17 will be the best upgrade
Else if we wish to retain the same 18 inch alloys then:
2) 235 50 R18 is the best upgrade for ZX owners. It increases the width of the tyre, diameter is only increased by 1.5% and Sidewall is increased by 4.5%. (more sensible upgrade for ZX)
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_2023022120113508_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 20:32   #962
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Rewari
Posts: 30
Thanked: 22 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
There are 2 options:
1) Either we downgrade to 17 inch alloys, then 215 60 R17 will be the best upgrade
Else if we wish to retain the same 18 inch alloys then:
2) 235 50 R18 is the best upgrade for ZX owners. It increases the width of the tyre, diameter is only increased by 1.5% and Sidewall is increased by 4.5%. (more sensible upgrade for ZX)
I think 235 50 R18 is not a common size. Donít you think 235 / 55 R18 or 235 / 60 R18 will be better option?
mathlesh is offline  
Old 21st February 2023, 21:13   #963
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 60 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

My car (ZX-O Pearl White) was allotted a few days back and it arrived at the dealership today. I visited the showroom for a quick look and coincidentally they were fitting all the accessories and upgraded tires to prepare for delivery tomorrow, since only the registration was pending.
Once the upgraded (235/55R18) tires were fit, the gap between the cladding inside the wheel arches and the tires was not even 5mm (when turning the steering around halfway), as shown in the picture below. Not even a thin piece of cardboard could fit in that gap, forget the mud flaps. Therefore, upon discussion with a technician, we decided to keep the tires at stock size.
Seems like 245/50R18ís would have been a better option, but the only other size they had in stock were 235/50R18.
I donít think 235/50R18ís will improve the ride quality at all, since it's only a 5mm increase in side-wall height. Therefore, I have decided to stick with the stock tires until they wear out.
On a side note, the car that was allotted to me and the test drive car did feel like it had a better fit and finish. Unlike the display cars at the showroom. Also, the car's odometer was showing only 9kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfady View Post
This is the toyota dashcam, yes ?
What is its price ? And can anyone comment on the quality?
According to my dealer's price list, it costs INR 16,688(includes front and rear).
I would also like to hear about the feedback of toyota's dashcams.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-pdi.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-2355518.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-dashcam.jpeg  

KURU is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 22:02   #964
BHPian
 
Paritoshkalra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Delhi, NCR
Posts: 200
Thanked: 511 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlesh View Post
I think 235 50 R18 is not a common size. Don’t you think 235 / 55 R18 or 235 / 60 R18 will be better option?
Wheel Wells of Hycross will not allow you to fit either of these sizes.
I think Toyota has done a big mistake by offering 18 inches alloy wheels.

If you wish to upgrade, You have no other option other than 235 50 R18 (if you wish to retain 18 inchers) Best Part: This Upgrade will increase the Ground Clearance of Hycross to 190 mm (Increase of 5mm in GC and increase of 5 mm in sidewall) (Diameter increase of 10 mm) It will certainly make a difference in ride quality of ZX. I am saying this out of my experience. In all my cars, I have done sensible tyre upgrades within permissible limit.

Else you will have to downgrade to 17 inch alloys and then you have multitude of options !

This is one of the reasons why I opted for VX version only. (2nd reason being Sunroof which I do not prefer in cars) Although budget is not a constraint for me. Looking at those tiny sidewalls of ZX in pictures, I straightaway booked VX 7 seater on 25 Nov 2022.

Note: Anyone who has booked VX, does not need to go for a tyre upgrade. The sidewalls are just perfect in 215 60 R17.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 21st February 2023 at 22:17.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 22:54   #965
BHPian
 
woodstock3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Delhi
Posts: 122
Thanked: 309 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfady View Post
This is the toyota dashcam, yes ?
What is its price ? And can anyone comment on the quality ?
Yes. I referred original accessory here, however i have no information available on Quality as yet. May be once i see it in person, or it's video will be able to comment. If i dont like the quality, or it priced too high, i will look for online options, but Dashcam is must , to say the least.
woodstock3001 is offline  
Old 21st February 2023, 23:02   #966
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 223 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
However, I'm planning to take following accessories -

1. Grill jewel garnish
2. Door handle chrome, if they are of same type like in ZX/ZX(O)
3. Window beeding, again same as of ZX/ZX(O) & not ones that are pasted over & above
4. Fog lamp kit
5. Digital video recorder
6. DRL kit, along with front bumper silver inserts. Though this is not available in India, but saw Zenix video on YouTube wherein it is possible & all plug & play.
The DRL kit and fog lamps in Indonesian website is costing around ₹35k. Within 3 to 6 months, we will see all such accessories available in India maybe priced cheaper. GX and VX owners can get these accesories to make the car look more premium.


https://www.tokopedia.com/ademijayam...c1VZbmtOT1FyOA..

Here the YouTube video of the same.



Last edited by jthomas : 21st February 2023 at 23:09.
jthomas is offline  
Old 21st February 2023, 23:54   #967
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 60 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Donít know if this has already been discussed on this thread but looks like the VX trim can be fitted with the black cladding around the wheel arches. (Skip to 5:12)
Youtube link-
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-vx-side.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-vx.jpeg  

KURU is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 00:20   #968
Senior - BHPian
 
Cresterk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 3,971 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURU View Post
My car (ZX-O Pearl White) was allotted a few days back and it arrived at the dealership today. I visited the showroom for a quick look and coincidentally they were fitting all the accessories and upgraded tires to prepare for delivery tomorrow, since only the registration was pending.
Once the upgraded (235/55R18) tires were fit, the gap between the cladding inside the wheel arches and the tires was not even 5mm (when turning the steering around halfway), as shown in the picture below. Not even a thin piece of cardboard could fit in that gap, forget the mud flaps. Therefore, upon discussion with a technician, we decided to keep the tires at stock size.
Seems like 245/50R18ís would have been a better option, but the only other size they had in stock were 235/50R18.
I donít think 235/50R18ís will improve the ride quality at all, since it's only a 5mm increase in side-wall height. Therefore, I have decided to stick with the stock tires until they wear out.
On a side note, the car that was allotted to me and the test drive car did feel like it had a better fit and finish. Unlike the display cars at the showroom. Also, the car's odometer was showing only 9kms.



According to my dealer's price list, it costs INR 16,688(includes front and rear).
I would also like to hear about the feedback of toyota's dashcams.
Thanks

Ooh boy, it looks like a decent tyre upgrade is out of the question unless we downsize the rims or change the suspension which is definitely not recommended in a brand new car. I would say use it as is, if the rim does get damaged due to the low profile tyres, we can first see what solution toyota will provide. If they refuse to take responsibility, we can change the rims and tyres completely to one more suitable for our pothole ridden roads.

I'm unsure about the 'official' dashcam since most of these accessories are made by a third party and re-sold at a huge markup. You could probably find a much better set up for that price if you are willing to search for it.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 00:49   #969
BHPian
 
Paritoshkalra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Delhi, NCR
Posts: 200
Thanked: 511 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURU View Post
Donít know if this has already been discussed on this thread but looks like the VX trim can be fitted with the black cladding around the wheel arches. (Skip to 5:12)
Youtube link- https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=OwuhZVVbVL0
WOW ! We would like to have more information in this regard. How was it done? Who added the cladding in VX? Accessories team or the Service Person (spares team) ? We definitely need more information for addition of cladding in lower models.
Paritoshkalra is offline  
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:06   #970
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 223 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
WOW ! We would like to have more information in this regard. How was it done? Who added the cladding in VX? Accessories team or the Service Person (spares team) ? We definitely need more information for addition of cladding in lower models.
The official accessories list show "Wheel Arch Moulding" (P64030K005) for ₹9744.

When I casually asked service folks about it, they mentioned that this will require holes to be drilled in fender arch. Not sure how true it is. I would prefer something to be glued on than drill a hole in new car.
jthomas is offline  
Old 22nd February 2023, 09:41   #971
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 2,018
Thanked: 5,596 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
The official accessories list show "Wheel Arch Moulding" (P64030K005) for ₹9744.

When I casually asked service folks about it, they mentioned that this will require holes to be drilled in fender arch. Not sure how true it is. I would prefer something to be glued on than drill a hole in new car.
I don't think that will be good as drilling holes in the fender will cause rusting.
When I saw the accessories view in the car configurator, it looks like a chrome garnish which is stuck on though and it looks more like a decorative element.
For people selecting accessories, the virtual car configurator on the toyotabharat.com website now has options for also adding accessories and viewing them in 3d. I have also shortlisted some accessories (interior as well as exterior). Prices of the same are also mentioned on the site.

These are my selected accessories:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_2023022209401808_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg
Behemoth is offline  
Old 22nd February 2023, 09:48   #972
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 80
Thanked: 144 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Anyone here got delivery calls from
Pioneer Toyota chandigarh? I Booked on opening day, but no news since then.
Cavityavenger is offline  
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:19   #973
BHPian
 
Paritoshkalra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Delhi, NCR
Posts: 200
Thanked: 511 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I don't think that will be good as drilling holes in the fender will cause rusting.
When I saw the accessories view in the car configurator, it looks like a chrome garnish which is stuck on though and it looks more like a decorative element.
For people selecting accessories, the virtual car configurator on the toyotabharat.com website now has options for also adding accessories and viewing them in 3d. I have also shortlisted some accessories (interior as well as exterior). Prices of the same are also mentioned on the site.

These are my selected accessories:
Attachment 2421212
Window beeding chrome is given as incomplete fitment by Toyota. It covers only the doors. Its not going to cover the 3rd quarter panel at the back.
Paritoshkalra is offline  
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:08   #974
BHPian
 
nischaltopno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 88
Thanked: 49 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Thanks a lot mate for this wonderful comparison
Thank you Singh ji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Whether it is correct or not - but we always tend to compare the next purchase with the existing one even when the 2 are from different segments.
Thatís very natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
I love Ecosports and its driving dynamics and only car I found comparable was XU700 diesel (personal opinion).
If you are used to the low/mid range torque of the diesel turbos, then you wonít like anything but another diesel turbo. You canít go wrong with XUV7OO - barring few niggles. Even though my primary usage will be on highways, I want to skip diesel this time because of the DPF issues.
nischaltopno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 14:44   #975
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 46 Times
Toyota Innova Hycross Paddle Shifters Review

For Some Reason, I don't have permission to write a new Post; hence, using the reply to thread option.

I Test drove Toytota Innova Hycross ZX(O) at Nandi Toyota, Whitefield, Bengaluru.
They had the vehicle only for a day, as these are shared across locations.

The Vehicle was heavily accessorized with Chrome inserts, and in a sunny afternoon, it was looking good ! Especially the Chrome decal below the mirror.
The chrome inserts on wheel arches are subjective, but on the Dark Ageha Glass, look good.
The paint looks like black if seen from near. only with an angle opposite from the Sun, the blueish, greenish tint is more evident.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-look-3.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-look-4.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-look-1.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-look-2.jpg


Initially, I felt it's a very similar colour as with new Hyndai Grand i10 Nios colour, but when seen in person, this colour scheme is different and more premium with metallic granular shining particles.



I also noticed that though the camera resolution is average, it is pretty functional.
You can toggle between the home screen (or music playing over there etc..) and the camera modes. By default, it showed up the Front View and the top view covering the sides and rear.
The Mirror camera view is also good, showing the details on both sides. I guess a little more animation to show them as full bonnet view would have been more intuitive to understand for new Users but this is something people can get used to easily.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-camera-2.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-camera-3.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-camera-1.jpg

One more nice touch is seat movement with the seatbelt. The moment you put on the seatbelt, the seat moves ahead as per the memory setting, and every time you remove the seatbelt, it moves back for easy egress.
I think this is a very thoughtful implementation.

In the city traffic, even Eco mode is suitable, but power surge is evident when switching to Power Mode. the engine seems to be on adrenaline.
The cabin is hushed and when you rave hard, the engine grunt is audible, which I feel is not a bad thing.

I drive a manual Honda City and an RE Interceptor650, so in terms of drivability, the felt easier than Honda city and that's a great compliment.
Unlike Crysta, I didn't feel that I am driving such a big car.

The Auto Hold function is a breeze and You don't have to do anything in Stop-Go traffic , not even changing the gear lever back to N or putting the foot on brake or putting the car on electronic parking brake.
It just brings the car back to life when accelerator pedal is pushed !
I belive this is the magic of Strong Hybrid.

The U turn felt easier. Not sure if they have managed to reduce the turning radius but was good. can be a challenge on narrow road like any other car.

Now coming to Paddle shifters.
I've used Paddle shifters in BMW.
Compared to that the Pedal shifters are very slightly harder but i think it's a matter of getting used to. With Thumb over the steering, its easier to use third and 4th (ring) fingers to pull it outwards both on Left (to downshift) and Right(to upshift).

There are 6 Gears while using Manual Mode with Paddle Shifters.
I was disappointed that the downshift didn't happen automatically. You don't see the count going down from 6 to 1 when the car comes to sudden halt.
I think in Hyryder it happens that way (not sure).

Not sure if this is software glitch or because of auto-hold enabled, but the count not decreasing even surprised the Toyota staff sitting beside me.
However, the surprising part was that - there was no evident lack of performance !
I was able to accelerate , accelerate hard from standstill and the car responded ! It can't happen with 6th Gear engaged.
So, I think , if not a software issue, it's beautiful engineering from Toyota causing NO inconvenience to the driver while using the manual mode.

Finally, tested Bluetooth pairing with Audio system.
The sound was good and beaty but not as crisp as XUV700.
Disclaimer : I didn't spent anytime on audio config so, not sure if all 6 speakers were configured properly or not.

But, a call came in between, and I was seamlessly able to talk with loud enough volume and reception on the other side. So, it's very much functional.
I think Toyota only provides wireless apple car play not Android Auto at this moment, but not sure about it.

Finally, checked the 2nd row Captain seat again.
Wanted to test the Ottoman function.
Definitely, you can't have a Lazy boy like space in a car of this dimension.
but, In my humble opinion, there are two ways to enjoy calf support :

1. Put it lifted only so much that your feet with shoes can rest under front seat. On driver's side(RIGHT), there is slightly more space than on co-driver side(LEFT).

2. My preferred way, remove your shoes and then adjust the seat all the way back and extend Ottoman. This way, You don't harm/dirty the back of front seat and also can sleep like a baby.
With a functional 3rd row, there is no way Toyota could've managed more space than this on Innova Platform.

With the Sunroof blind open, the Car is very roomy and a great investment.

Looking forward to receiving it sooner.
tkumarabhishek is offline   (12) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks