Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2023, 15:22   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Paddle Shifters Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkumarabhishek View Post
There are 6 Gears while using Manual Mode with Paddle Shifters.
I was disappointed that the downshift didn't happen automatically. You don't see the count going down from 6 to 1 when the car comes to sudden halt.
I think in Hyryder it happens that way (not sure).

Not sure if this is software glitch or because of auto-hold enabled, but the count not decreasing even surprised the Toyota staff sitting beside me.
However, the surprising part was that - there was no evident lack of performance !
I was able to accelerate , accelerate hard from standstill and the car responded ! It can't happen with 6th Gear engaged.
So, I think , if not a software issue, it's beautiful engineering from Toyota causing NO inconvenience to the driver while using the manual mode.

So the way toyota's automatic gear selection works is that it shows you the highest gear the car will upshift to, not the current gear. If it displays 2, then that means it will go up till 2nd gear but it won't go to 3rd gear automatically, not that it is always in 2nd gear. Same for 6th here. It will downshift as required (or adjust the e-CVT ratio as required in this case)

It has been the same in the prado, camry and LC200 in my experience. It definitely confuses you when you try it out at first because it won't give you complete control over the gearbox nor show you your current gear like you expect.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 16:03   #977

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

No, what I meant is while upshifting the number changes but suppose you slowed down or stopped without downshifting, the display doesn't show the auto downshift. However, there is no issue or performance impact while accelerating back from standstill.

The display not showing auto-downshift due to slowing down might be a software glitch which Toyota may fix going forward.
Old 22nd February 2023, 17:29   #978

Apple Carplay Missing in Innova Hycross VX though mentioned in Specs

The Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are mentioned in the specifications sheet of Innova Hycross for GX, VX, ZX variants. I opted for VX variants but somehow I found it missing in my variant.

I took delivery of vehicle 4 days ago and I went to Mody Toyota, Alwal, Hyderabad service centre today but they could not correct the issue. I hope the Toyota team is able to sort it out.

I have attached the Hycross Specifications Sheet.

Am I missing some setting on my iphone which is causing this ?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-brochure-hycross-spec.pdf (597.5 KB, 374 views)
Palzsojourn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 18:50   #979
BHPian

Today I got a chance to test drive Innova Hycross VX. Here are some of my initial impressions.
- The Test Drive was quite short. (merely 4 kilometers)
- The moment you start this car, you will never feel that the car is on and its ready to drive. Its super silent.
- Air-condition does the work perfectly in Hycross. No complaints in that department.
- I was amazed by the steering of the car. It feels like a breeze in the city. I found that extremely easy to maneuver around. This is the biggest positive for a car of this size.
- Taking a U turn, parking the vehicle is as easy as driving a hatchback.
- Previously, I had found only 1 car which was easy to drive in the city - MG Hector. However today, I have added Hycross also to that list.
- Footwell for the driver is huge and my left foot was easily in rest position thought the drive. The space for the driver is enormous. I have never experienced such space for a driver ever in any other car I have driven till date.
- The pickup of the car of this size was amazingly good. No complaints.
- The seating position is high and bonnet corners can be seen completely. One can always have a commanding view of the road.
- I have driven Crysta, Safari, Harrier, XUV700, MG Hector, Nexon, XUV300, Honda City, Elite i20, Hyryder, Creta, Alcazar, Taigun, Astor and many more cars but I felt that Innova Hycross gave me the most comfortable driving experience specially with the space it offers for the driver. I am sure that it will be comfortable during long drives.
- The seats are extremely comfortable specially in VX and I am amazed by the quality of fabric Toyota has used here. The Side bolstering and under-thigh support is really good. I do not plan to have any kind of seat covers in future. The Comfort is 10/10.
- The ride quality was good and although the car was new and the Tyres had high air pressure.
- The horn was little weak to my liking. May be the voice is not coming through to the cabin.
- The Overall visibility, comfort and moving the car around in tight corners will not be an issue.
- I also checked the camera quality also in detail. Although the resolution is less than competition, but I found the camera to be quite functional. We can play with Brightness and contrast in Settings, and it gives improved quality on screen.
- My father found the rear seat comfort was better in a 7-seater variant of VX as compared to the 8-seater variant.
- There is no need to purchase a side-step for elders. My Father is 72 years old, and he found ingress in 1st and 2nd row to be quite easy.
- I also tried sitting in the 3rd row and it was super comfortable for me, and I had ample leg room in the 3rd row of the Hycross. (I am 5,9')
- There is no other car in the market till 60 lakhs on road which offers such amount of space for the passengers in all 3 rows.
- Overall, TOYOTA has another winner on cards, and I am sure many buyers will be lured by the comfort and value this car brings to the table. Hycross delivers a nice fuel efficiency, its paint quality is excellent, it gives you a comfortable ride, comes with a Hybrid Petrol Engine which is much required for people living in Delhi NCR, its easy to move around and park. Moreover, it will not depreciate like other vehicles. There are more positives of this car than negatives. (Only negative about VX is presence of 2 airbags)
- I have made up my mind and I will take the delivery of this car by 1 March.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 22nd February 2023 at 19:03.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 19:54   #980

Re: Apple Carplay Missing in Innova Hycross VX though mentioned in Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palzsojourn View Post
The Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are mentioned in the specifications sheet of Innova Hycross for GX, VX, ZX variants. I opted for VX variants but somehow I found it missing in my variant.
Even wired Apple Carplay and Android Auto not working? I heard that VX has support for only wired vs ZX has wireless.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 23rd February 2023 at 09:51. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
tkumarabhishek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 21:39   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Even wired Apple Carplay and Android Auto not working ?
I heard that VX has support for only wired vs ZX has wireless

Android Auto (wired) works perfectly fine in VX

Look at this video, Today, 51 Hycross delivered in Gurugram, Haryana

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 22nd February 2023 at 21:47.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 21:45   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, what I meant is while upshifting the number changes but suppose you slowed down or stopped without downshifting, the display doesn't show the auto downshift. However, there is no issue or performance impact while accelerating back from standstill.

The display not showing auto-downshift due to slowing down might be a software glitch which Toyota may fix going forward.
It's not a glitch, it's how it is in all toyota cars unfortunately. The display will show D-3, D-4, D-5 etc which means it is in Drive but with max gear locked to the number displayed. You can't force it to remain in higher gear while you slow down.
Old 22nd February 2023, 23:06   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
There are 2 options:
1) Either we downgrade to 17 inch alloys, then 215 60 R17 will be the best upgrade
Else if we wish to retain the same 18 inch alloys then:
2) 235 50 R18 is the best upgrade for ZX owners. It increases the width of the tyre, diameter is only increased by 1.5% and Sidewall is increased by 4.5%. (more sensible upgrade for ZX)

Any reasons to not consider 225 55 R18? I think 225 60 R18 might be a little too big, but if it fits, this might be the best size.
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 23:38   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Any reasons to not consider 225 55 R18? I think 225 60 R18 might be a little too big, but if it fits, this might be the best size.
225 55 R18 is not a decent upgrade because the diameter gets increased by 3.3% which means more than 20mm increase in overall diameter.

Formula is simple whenever we go for a tyre upgrade, the diameter increase should be well under 2%. Hence if someone is changing the tyres then 235 50 R18 is sensible option as it increases sidewall by 5mm and increases the width of the tyre too.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:20   #985

Quote:
Even wired Apple Carplay and Android Auto not working ?
I heard that VX has support for only wired vs ZX has wireless
I tried with a second iPhone and corded CarPlay worked. On my phone I had to enable Siri and that worked as well with the cable. Thanks.

Quote:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=IPIk8ikVbEg

Android Auto (wired) works perfectly fine in VX

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=KMfJASZ1P4w
Look at this video, Today, 51 Hycross delivered in Gurugram, Haryana
Yes, wired Apple CarPlay works in VX. You need to enable Siri first.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd February 2023 at 09:27. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 23rd February 2023, 12:07   #986
BHPian

Hi everyone, has anyone opted for normal perrol G or GX and got the delivery. Any feedback on mileage figures compared to crysta?
Crystafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 15:18   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palzsojourn View Post

I took delivery of vehicle 4 days ago and I went to Mody Toyota, Alwal, Hyderabad service centre today but they could not correct the issue. I hope the Toyota team is able to sort it out.

I have attached the Hycross Specifications Sheet.

Am I missing some setting on my iphone which is causing this ?
VX supports only the wired CarPlay, and it works erratically. I lose the connection to CarPlay within few mins and I have to re plug to usb, and it again disconnects after few mins. I gave up!!!

I’ll wait for a good HU upgrade in coming months with wireless CarPlay support.
Old 23rd February 2023, 16:32   #988
BHPian

Hi All, For those who have taken their delivery of the Hycross, Please confirm which Insurance they preferred and what was the actual cost of Insurance ? Please share some information about taking the best quote for insurance and negotiation with the dealer to match the value of insurance.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 20:09   #989
BHPian

Along with Insurance quotation (I'm inclined towards RTI Insurance) , can someone also help with Loan ROI.

I'm getting 8.65% from SBI without any Processing Fee, without foreclosure charges (after 12 month) and can pay extra amount which will be adjusted against Principle.

Quote:
Today I got a chance to test drive Innova Hycross VX. Here are some of my initial impressions.
Is test drive available in Faridabad ? I'm coming to Faridabad on weekend to meet my sister. If it's available at 36 Toyota ?
Old 23rd February 2023, 20:13   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Is test drive available in Faridabad ?
Test drive vehicle is still not available at 36 Toyota, but since my delivery is planned soon, they arranged a VX for me which was going to their stockyard. Hence I drove it for 4 kms only.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed