Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2023, 06:46   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

If anyone visiting the showroom comes across the 8 seater variant of VX(O), please click a snap of the seatbelts of the middle row seats. I want to see whether there is actually a 3 point seatbelt for middle passenger.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:15   #1052

Has anyone considered sending a legal notice prior to consumer court complaint against Toyota and the dealership? It will either get the to notice that specific person's order or cancel it altogether. Any thoughts?
grepvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:17   #1053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grepvel View Post
Has anyone considered sending a legal notice prior to consumer court complaint against Toyota and the dealership? It will either get the to notice that specific person's order or cancel it altogether. Any thoughts?
I hope you realise that just about every Toyota dealership is directly or indirectly owned by local politicians and strongmen. We as customers are looking to buy cars, not get into fights. Ultimately, it is Toyota’s responsibility to keep the people representing them in check. If they can’t or refuse to do that, their brand will suffer.

Toyota’s calling card was good dealership experience - pre sale as well as post sale. Clearly, that is no longer the case.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 12:11   #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I hope you realise that just about every Toyota dealership is directly or indirectly owned by local politicians and strongmen. We as customers are looking to buy cars, not get into fights. Ultimately, it is Toyota’s responsibility to keep the people representing them in check. If they can’t or refuse to do that, their brand will suffer.

Toyota’s calling card was good dealership experience - pre sale as well as post sale. Clearly, that is no longer the case.
Didn't know that.. hmm. I never had good experience with Toyota sales - even the last Innova I owned the sales staff did not really care about making the sale. Fortunately, the service centres were excellent.
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:14   #1055

I just got an update from my dealer that ZX & ZX(O) deliveries will take 5-6 months as Toyota is only focusing on GX and VX models. Can anyone who booked ZX(O) confirm this?
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:26   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narein View Post
I just got an update from my dealer that ZX & ZX(O) deliveries will take 5-6 months as Toyota is only focusing on GX and VX models. Can anyone who booked ZX(O) confirm this?
I know of at least one ZX(O) that got registered yesterday in Bangalore.
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:05   #1057
BHPian

Quote:

Thats BS, toyota has majority orders of ZX & ZX(O) only.
Im awaiting the figures of feb dispatch of hycross, which will give an idea on timeline for delivery of cars.
Wizaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:30   #1058
BHPian

VX(O) will cost 2.8 - 3.2 lakhs more than VX on road. And at this cost, Toyota is still not providing Wheel Arch Cladding. Believe me, Hycross does not need any accessories at all. Only addition of Wheel Arch Cladding is required. Rest all stuff provided by Dealers is useless !

I own a VX and this costed me 27.5 lakhs on road. Currently, VX costs around 29 lakhs today & VX(O) is close to 32 lakhs. They have added sunroof(1 lakh) and fog lamps (11k) + Bigger Infotainment (20k). Still they are charging a bomb.
WHEEL Arch Cladding is still missing

Is there any way we can get the Wheel Arch Cladding added to VX & VX (O) ?
SA and Service team have no idea so far.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 2nd March 2023 at 16:35.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:54   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
What my SA told me last week
- About 70-75% of bookings across India are for ZX or ZX(O). This is a lot more than what Toyota was expecting for those variants
- GX and VX are available with significantly less waiting time
- For my launch date (Nov 25) ZX booking, he said it may take 5-6 months (I was aghast!) since they also had to prioritize bookings that had booked Crysta before Hycross launch but converted to Hycross later
- If I was willing to change to VX, he can commit to delivering in 3-4 weeks
-80% of deliveries in that showroom in Feb were for GX or VX

He gave the example that even for test drive vehicles its been a challenge to get ZX or ZX(O) from Toyota. Across the city, they have 2 showrooms and have only 1 ZX test drive vehicle between the two but each has at least 1-2 GX/ VX test drives available.

I visited the showroom 4-5 times over the last 2 weeks and across those visits, I saw about 9-10 Hycross vehicles in total in various stage of readiness for delivery. Of them only 1 was ZX

If all of these stories are true, am still left wondering why Toyota isnt adjusting its production of ZX/ZX(O) to match demand

Last edited by RoadTiger : 2nd March 2023 at 16:57.
RoadTiger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 18:50   #1060
BHPian

Price difference between VX 8 seater AT vs VX(O) 8 seater AT is almost 197,000 ex showroom 😱
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 19:21   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Price difference between VX 8 seater AT vs VX(O) 8 seater AT is almost 197,000 ex showroom 😱
With 6 Airbags, Even if a small stone falls on Sunroof, you are rendered unsafe!

VX(O) justifies a hike of only 1 lakh over VX but TOYOTA is charging 97000 extra.

I was looking forward to a variant with 6 airbags without sunroof. Toyota has gone nuts after a useless feature for Indian conditions.

However, I am lucky enough to buy VX 7 seater a day before price hike !!

Saved 1 lakh 20 thousand on road cost !
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 20:12   #1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
VX(O) will cost 2.8 - 3.2 lakhs more than VX on road. And at this cost, Toyota is still not providing Wheel Arch Cladding. Believe me, Hycross does not need any accessories at all. Only addition of Wheel Arch Cladding is required. Rest all stuff provided by Dealers is useless !

I own a VX and this costed me 27.5 lakhs on road. Currently, VX costs around 29 lakhs today & VX(O) is close to 32 lakhs. They have added sunroof(1 lakh) and fog lamps (11k) + Bigger Infotainment (20k). Still they are charging a bomb.
WHEEL Arch Cladding is still missing

Is there any way we can get the Wheel Arch Cladding added to VX & VX (O) ?
SA and Service team have no idea so far.
It’s absolutely possible. Wheel claddings in Hycross are actually pasted & not fixed via drilled holes and will definitely be available via spare parts route. I would advice to place an order via service channel; you’ll definitely get them.
vishal rathee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 20:21   #1063

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4tourer View Post
Can any of the owners please confirm about the E20(ethanol) fuel compatibility of the Hycross. Details about recommended fuel is available in the Owners Manual on the Toyota i-connect app. Which can only be accessed after entering vehicle’s VIN no. Thanks in advance.
There you go….

∎ Use of ethanol blended gasoline in a gasoline engine

➤ Except for Thailand
Toyota allows the use of ethanol blended gasoline where the ethanol content is up to 10%. Make sure that the ethanol blended gasoline to be used has a Research Octane Number that follows the above.
➤ For Thailand
Toyota allows the use of ethanol blended gasoline where the ethanol content is up to 20%. Make sure that the ethanol blended gasoline to be used has a Research Octane Number that follows the above.
vishal rathee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 20:49   #1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
Thats BS, toyota has majority orders of ZX & ZX(O) only.
Im awaiting the figures of feb dispatch of hycross, which will give an idea on timeline for delivery of cars.
That is true, but it seems like allocation is comparatively less for ZX(O).
Old 2nd March 2023, 21:01   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal rathee View Post
It’s absolutely possible. Wheel claddings in Hycross are actually pasted & not fixed via drilled holes and will definitely be available via spare parts route. I would advice to place an order via service channel; you’ll definitely get them.
If this is true and possible, All Vx and Vx O Owners should go for this. This is worth It !
Wheel Well Cladding is the biggest accessory we need actually !

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 2nd March 2023 at 21:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks