Old 2nd March 2023, 22:41   #1066
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal rathee View Post
There you go….

∎ Use of ethanol blended gasoline in a gasoline engine

➤ Except for Thailand
Toyota allows the use of ethanol blended gasoline where the ethanol content is up to 10%. Make sure that the ethanol blended gasoline to be used has a Research Octane Number that follows the above.
➤ For Thailand
Toyota allows the use of ethanol blended gasoline where the ethanol content is up to 20%. Make sure that the ethanol blended gasoline to be used has a Research Octane Number that follows the above.
Does this mean that as owners of Hycross Hybrid,. We should only fill xtra Premium Petrol from Indian Oil?
Old 3rd March 2023, 07:08   #1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Does this mean that as owners of Hycross Hybrid,. We should only fill xtra Premium Petrol from Indian Oil?
Recommendation is 91 octane or above.
vishal rathee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 07:22   #1068
BHPian

Quote:

➤ Except for Thailand
Toyota allows the use of ethanol blended gasoline where the ethanol content is up to 10%. Make sure that the ethanol blended gasoline to be used has a Research Octane Number that follows the above.
➤ For Thailand
Toyota allows the use of ethanol blended gasoline where the ethanol content is up to 20%. Make sure that the ethanol blended gasoline to be used has a Research Octane Number that follows the above.
This is the same as given in petrol Innova Crysta 2.7L user manual. Is there any modification of engine for compatibility with blended petrol in Thailand ? If none, then E20 should not be an issue when implemented?
Old 3rd March 2023, 08:27   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

(Note: Have got it confirmed that by June 2023 the other variants (GX and VX) will get 6 airbags, so anyone going for these variants till June, I would suggest wait it out, better than regretting it later unless you really want the car urgently!)
Thanks for the wonderful review CEF_Beasts. I have booked GX as I would barely clock 5000 km on the odo annually. The only feature I missed were 6 air bags. I am no hurry to get the delivery but would like to know more on how you figured out the 6 airbags thing. VX has got a new VX(O) with 6 airbags but sadly GX(O) didn't get it yet. Not sure if GX(O) would ever get 6 airbags because I doubt Toyota would come up with a new variant every few months.

PS: Thanks for the side by side pic of Bronze and Silver Hycross. That helped me choose Silver over Bronze. The digital pics on toyota website don't give a true idea of the color tone.
transformlives8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 08:51   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Indian Oil Xtra Premium Petrol is 91 Octane fuel.
But normal petrol is not. (It's ethanol mixed)
Does this mean that Innova Hycross Hybrid is not E20 Compliant?
Since we cannot fill Normal Petrol in it !
Old 3rd March 2023, 09:19   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Indian Oil Xtra Premium Petrol is 91 Octane fuel.
But normal petrol is not. (It's ethanol mixed)
Does this mean that Innova Hycross Hybrid is not E20 Compliant?
Since we cannot fill Normal Petrol in it !
All petrol we get is 91 octane and above.

At the same time, all petrol we are getting is E12 minimum, and more.

Net net, going by what was mentioned previously, the Indian HyCross does not seem to be E20 compliant. However, this may also be a case of the owner’s manual not being updated from the old 2.7 petrol. Then again, Toyota has maintained a studied silence on this and has not put forward any clarification. No answer to tweets, no reply from the dealership, the sales team and even the training team, even after 2 months of regular follow ups. This silence makes me think they know the truth and don’t want to make noise about it. They are black marketing the car at a premium anyway.

HyCross being only E10 compatible is an absolute deal breaker and is a clear case of the company taking the customers for a ride. When you know E20 is only a few weeks away, why would you deliberately launch your new car without appropriate compliance?

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 3rd March 2023 at 09:23.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 10:05   #1072
BHPian

(Caution: this post could be erroneous)
What is the effect of ethanol blending on octane number ?
From google search (sorry, I have forgotten the high school science lessons), ethanol increases the octane number and it appears that the Research octane number of one of the commercially sold E20 petrol in Thailand is 91 itself. (https://www.nationthailand.com/tech/30186889)
Old 3rd March 2023, 10:38   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
What is the effect of ethanol blending on octane number ?
From google search (sorry, I have forgotten the high school science lessons), ethanol increases the octane number
Ethanol eats away rubber pipes, hoses and damages the fuel pump. The smell of ethanol attracts insects, who are known to eat away the pipes and cause all kinds of leaks. As such, all these components have to be especially uprated to handle the ethanol content. Also, because the calorific value of ethanol is a good 30% lower than pure petrol, using blends means performance drops and fuel consumption increases. The engine needs to be tuned accordingly.

Octane rating and ethanol % are two completely separate things. All petrol sold in India is 91 octane and above. At the same time, all petrol being sold is E12 or E15 or E20. At least 12% ethanol is being blended into whatever octane petrol you buy from whichever brand.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:17   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformlives8 View Post
Thanks for the wonderful review CEF_Beasts. I have booked GX as I would barely clock 5000 km on the odo annually. The only feature I missed were 6 air bags. I am no hurry to get the delivery but would like to know more on how you figured out the 6 airbags thing. VX has got a new VX(O) with 6 airbags but sadly GX(O) didn't get it yet. Not sure if GX(O) would ever get 6 airbags because I doubt Toyota would come up with a new variant every few months.

PS: Thanks for the side by side pic of Bronze and Silver Hycross. That helped me choose Silver over Bronze. The digital pics on toyota website don't give a true idea of the color tone.
Another thing you are going to miss is 360 degree camera. This car is as huge as a Fortuner. Believe me I own a VX and the camera assists to park and maneuver through tight spaces. Front Cam and Front Parking sensors really help to a greater extent.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:56   #1075

Quote:
Another thing you are going to miss is 360 degree camera. This car is as huge as a Fortuner. Believe me I own a VX and the camera assists to park and maneuver through tight spaces. Front Cam and Front Parking sensors really help to a greater extent.
Totally agree. Front parking sensors are actually the second thing that I wanted, but I plan to get it added in aftermarket accessories. I park my Jazz using RVMs and ORVMS without sensors/cameras. I found the rear parking camera + ORVMS in Hycross GX comfortable enough to park during my TD. Its strange that G-SLF gets front parking sensors whereas GX doesn't. With such a huge bonnet, a front parking sensor is a must.

Airbags is something for which I would have upgraded to a GX(O) if it was there.
Old 3rd March 2023, 13:53   #1076
BHPian

Today my SA from MGF Gurgaon, MG Road called me and told me that my car will be the first ZX(O) received by them which will arrive in June. As per him, they have received allocation details for the car up to 2025. I have booked on 25th Nov.
Old 3rd March 2023, 16:55   #1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlesh View Post
Today my SA from MGF Gurgaon, MG Road called me and told me that my car will be the first ZX(O) received by them which will arrive in June. As per him, they have received allocation details for the car up to 2025. I have booked on 25th Nov.
Can you please share this communication with me? My dealer insists allocation details will reach them by the 7th. Also, if you booked on 25th November, your delivery should not be so late. Like Galaxy, MGF is a big dealer. Do you have a rough idea how many bookings were made ahead of you before launch? Because from what I have been reading and a personal experience, a lot of the early batches are available for grabs in the black market with promised delivery within a week with premiums running from 1 - 5 L.

Really irritated with this situation. No clarity on E20 compliance, I had to forgo my XUV 7OO AX7L and sell my Fortuner (NCR 10 year rule). I have other cars but need a people moving SUV/MUV for family trips. Covid locked us down, and now these things are just irritating.

Didn’t expect such experience for 35 lakh odd car. No transparency, No clarity, no delivery timeline, no price protection, sub par interior. Not sure what I am paying for. Reliability is only good when you get the vehicle.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th March 2023 at 19:21. Reason: Poorly written post. Corrected for caps, spacing, punctuation and typo. Please proofread content before posting. Thank you.
ak_DL9C is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd March 2023, 20:04   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
Can you please share this communication with me? My dealer insists allocation details will reach them by the 7th. Also, if you booked on 25th November, your delivery should not be so late. Like Galaxy, MGF is a big dealer. Do you have a rough idea how many bookings were made ahead of you before launch?
It was on phone call. As per their central booking system my booking number is 418.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th March 2023 at 19:23. Reason: Cleaned up quoted post. Aligning to edited version.
Old 3rd March 2023, 21:22   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
HyCross being only E10 compatible is an absolute deal breaker and is a clear case of the company taking the customers for a ride. When you know E20 is only a few weeks away, why would you deliberately launch your new car without appropriate compliance?
I am certain that hycross is just E10 complaint. E20 compliance would have been something to boast about in the media drives during the launch, not to keep studied silence about.

Are there any research available to understand how long an E20 car last when fed with wrongs oils?

I consider hybrid cars as a bridge to complete move-over to electrics. It doesn't make sense to have a 35 lacs rupees bridge which will give issues in short term as well. If at all a big car is needed then probably gx is a better bet as a stop gap.

The biggest selling point Toyota had was a long ownership with peace of mind but E20 noncompliance throws that out of window.
BlueJay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 10:04   #1080

I have VX variant which allows wired Apple CarPlay. The trouble is there is only one USB port in the head unit, which can be used either for music through pen drive or for wired Apple CarPlay. On longer drives I need both. Is there a way out. I tried usb splitter but only music can be played in that arrangement and no CarPlay. CarPlay works only when wired in usb port directly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks