Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 13:34   #1126
BHPian

Re: Initial Ownership Review of Innova Hycross - A spacious & comfortable D2 Segment vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Interesting! Can you please let me know the source of this?
Here is the source of this information. Hycross, Jeep Meridian, ISUXU MAX, Fortuner, Endeavour, MG Gloster all come under D2 SUV segment.
https://www.v3cars.com/d2-segment-suv-in-india
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_2023030713293698_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 14:03   #1127
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Initial Ownership Review of Innova Hycross - A spacious & comfortable D2 Segment vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Here is the source of this information. Hycross, Jeep Meridian, ISUXU MAX, Fortuner, Endeavour, MG Gloster all come under D2 SUV segment.
https://www.v3cars.com/d2-segment-suv-in-india
If that is the source of your information, then thanks but I am going to stick to my version and call the Innova a D-1 segment vehicle. But of course, to each his own.

However, since you are basing your opinion on the basis of this website, I do hope that you also consider the Kia Carens, the Mahindra Marazzo, the Honda City, the DB 11, the VW Virtus and the Lamborghini Huracan as D-1 segment cars because that is what this site suggests.

https://www.v3cars.com/d1-segment-cars-in-india

https://www.v3cars.com/d1-segment-coupe-in-india

https://www.v3cars.com/d1-segment-sedan-in-india

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-smartselect_20230307_135637_chrome.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-smartselect_20230307_140018_chrome.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-smartselect_20230307_140115_chrome.jpg

Last edited by AYP : 7th March 2023 at 14:04.
AYP is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 14:47   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
If that is the source of your information, then thanks but I am going to stick to my version and call the Innova a D-1 segment vehicle. But of course, to each his own.

However, since you are basing your opinion on the basis of this website, I do hope that you also consider the Kia Carens, the Mahindra Marazzo, the Honda City, the DB 11, the VW Virtus and the Lamborghini Huracan as D-1 segment cars because that is what this site suggests.
D1 segment coupe is different category altogether and so are the sedans.

Here the discussion is only on D1 segment SUVs and D2 segment SUVs Information is correct. Previous Crysta was less than 4750mm hence it was Under D1 SUV category. Hycross is longer hence its under D2 segment. Anyways it does not matter which segment a vehicle belongs to ! It boils down to how you are enjoying your ride.

The prices of Hycross Hybrid will again be increased in May/June and top model would be close to 40 lakhs soon before the end of this year.
Crysta Diesel will sit below the Hycross in Toyota Lineup.
This information is correct and soon you will witness further price hikes and introduction of crysta below Hycross.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th March 2023 at 19:22. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 15:19   #1129

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post

Since car has 5 year warranty, I do not intend to get this done outside. I have purchased my VX 8S from Ravindu Toyota, ISCKON Temple, Bengaluru.

Will inquire with them if they can swap out speakers when I visit for 1st service in coming weeks.
Could you please share the booking process happened at Ravindu Toyota, Rajaji Nagar, BLR?
From paying the booking amount till your delivery.
I've booked mine at Ravindu Avalahalli. Still no progress.
Old 7th March 2023, 19:03   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payyans View Post
Could you please share the booking process happened at Ravindu Toyota, Rajaji Nagar, BLR?
From paying the booking amount till your delivery.
I've booked mine at Ravindu Avalahalli. Still no progress.
Booking:
I had booked online on launch day of 25 Nov 2022 by paying Rs.50,000/- and selected Ravindu Toyota, Rajaji Nagar as Dealer. I got a call from Sales Rep (Prashanth) in the evening and informed that booking has come to them and they will be issuing a reciept for the booking amount. I was sent the scanned copy of the same next day. After that Sales Rep created a WhatsApp group with himself, Sales Mgr, Finance Rep, Accessories Rep(Jeevith), used car rep (Yogesh) . All the updates about vehicle launch date in showroom, price list etc. were shared over this group.

Vehicle Allotment:
I was invited for the launch and also informed that I have got allocation of VX 8S and was asked to complete full payment by 31st Jan 2023 and was told that vehicle will be delivered in 1st week of Feb 2023. I asked about delivery priority. Was told that first in-line are customers who had booked Crysta and converted to HyCross and then online or in-house HyCross bookings in first come first serve basis. Most of bookings were for ZX, since I had booked VX, I got it in first lot of 50+ cars. If it was ZX, delivery would have been in 3 months or more.

Showroom visit, old car exchange and payment:
I visited with full family on 28th Jan and checked out the car. At this time test drive vehicle was not available since the HyCross itself had not been inspected and approved by Karnataka RTO. Since family was happy with seating comfort and I had trust in Toyota engines due to past experience, I decided to proceed with purchase. I also got our old 2006 Innova inspected by their U Trust team and sold to them. This car was collected next day and the amount was adjusted towards new car purchase. I compeleted rest of payment on 30th Jan. Car came to stockyard on 1st Feb. I asked about PDI, was told that I can visit if I am interested. I did not do any PDI, since I had not done for any of previous purchases and had not faced any issue.

Accessories fitment and delivery:
I had selected below accessories by looking at accessories manual:
  • Bumper corner protector
  • Door Edge Protector
  • Fog Lamp Kit (yet to be installed as it has not yet come)
  • Front Under Run
  • Rear Bike Protector
  • Slde Mold chrome
  • Side Visor w/chrome
Fitment of accessories took one day and car was ready on Saturday. I took delivery on Sunday morning 5th Feb 2023.

Overall I am happy with my experience at this dealership. As mentioned in previous post. Our earlier purchases of Qualis, Innova and Etios Liva and subsequent services were all with same dealer.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 23:19   #1131
BHPian

Gentleman in the video claims mileage of ~11.5 KMPL for the gx variant in an apparent city drive.

r24x7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 12:06   #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_kmc View Post

The Toyota app is informative but tends to lag at times. Will update next at 10,000km.
Quick question - do the connected car features include the ability to track the car's location in real time? I'm unclear about whether the ZX/ZX(O) have GPS built-in, and am wondering if I need to get a Onelap or similar car tracking device installed before taking delivery.
Old 8th March 2023, 13:07   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrogen View Post
Quick question - do the connected car features include the ability to track the car's location in real time? I'm unclear about whether the ZX/ZX(O) have GPS built-in, and am wondering if I need to get a Onelap or similar car tracking device installed before taking delivery.
Nope. It seems not real time.

In my VX variant, I do not see it updated since past 3 days. Car is parked where mobile network is available.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230308130310217_in.co.tkm.toyotaconnect.jpg
jthomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 13:36   #1134

Copy pasting a post I found on Hycross fb group for awareness.

Quote:
We purchased a Toyota hycross from a Hyderabad dealer on 17th feb 2023 and drove down to kerala on the 18th of February.
After taking the day to rest we went out for a short drive and noticed a loud noise from the engine, upon reaching home we opened the boot and noticed that the timing belt had disintegrated and there was oil spillage all around the engine.

We reached out to Toyota road side assistance who booked in a towing company to pick up the car and drop it off to Nippon toyota Muvatupuzha. The service centre ie nippon Toyota has now advised is that the parts needed to get the car road worthy are not available and they are unable to guarantee delivery of the vehicle within this week.

We have to go back to Hyderabad and are currently stranded in kerala without any means of transport for the same.

This is a new Toyota hycross gx with only 1200 kms mileage on it when the issue happened. The vehicle was one day old when the issue happened as well.

The vehicle needs to be replaced and alternate means of transport for me and my family’s commute back to Hyderabad needs to be arranged.

Please note that we are a family of 7 with two little kids under 5 as well. We are now stuck without any means of transport or a place to stay.

Can this be looked into urgently ?also please arrange the necessary immediately.

Please also note that I have the whole ordeal recorded in video and photographs. Happy to provide any further details if needed.

Update on this:
The damage on parts caused by the belt has been fixed by replacing a number of parts. The car is finally repaired and roadworthy as of 8th March 2023.

We have raised a voice of the customer claim with Toyota asking them to replace the vehicle, however no response from them.

I wish that no one has to go through this ordeal.
The dealer does not want to replace the vehicle
No reimbursement of expenses has been promised either by Toyota or the dealer.
rfady is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 19:44   #1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrogen View Post
The Toyota iconnect system is very laggy and not at all reliable. Will advise Onelap or any similar GPS tracker, if that is your concern.

Moreover as per my telephonic conversation with Toyota iconnect team; the vehicle sends only one update, couple of minutes after the car ignition is switched off. There is no live tracking as such.
Aj_Agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 21:01   #1136
BHPian

Here is the amazon link for ONE LAP GPS TRACKER

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th March 2023 at 21:44. Reason: Fixing url link.
Old 8th March 2023, 21:43   #1137
BHPian

I went to the Mody Toyota showroom today evening in Hyderabad - Kharkhana location to get some clarity on deliveries and models. He thinks the zx(o) deliveries are further delayed as apparently there is some issue in the ADAS and Toyota wants to fix it before rolling out more zx(o) cars else they will have to do a lot of recalls.

The showroom folks are pushing alot of zx and zx(o) bookings to VX and vx(o) models.

Also there seems to be a bigger backlog on darker shade color models vs the faster moving white/silver/bronze ��*♂️
sanketdesai82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 21:54   #1138
BHPian

Any advice for a dash cam for the HyCross? Has anyone got the Toyota OEM installed?
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 23:26   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Any advice for a dash cam for the HyCross? Has anyone got the Toyota OEM installed?

See my update below from earlier post.

Quote:
Was interested in Toyota dash cam and wireless charger. But accessories rep told that issues have been reported on these and did not recommend getting these.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 00:43   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
See my update below from earlier post.
Could you elaborate on the issues? I was also thinking about getting the wireless charger and dashcam since they seem to be the only accessories that don't look too out of place or tacky.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks