Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2023, 22:00   #1216
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
Booked much before official launch. Confirmed for delivery on 24th feb and then kept on postponing.

When on 1st march the prices increased, I complained to all possible people in toyota and finally got the car at original price.
Wow. That's a surprise. I booked on the day of booking opening. Have been telling me I am first in line since last month but no visibility on delivery. When the price was increased I complained to everyone at the dealership but they said nothing they can do and no visibility on delivery too.
It will be great if you can share who you complained to and who agreed to honour the prehike price
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 22:55   #1217
Senior - BHPian

I finally gained access to an owner's manual found the answers to some questions people here (including me) had asked before as well as some interesting tidbits. I'm attaching some parts of the manual below, let me know if there is anything else people are curious about. There is a surprising amount of features and customization available that Toyota's own salesmen don't know.

Here are some of the interesting ones:

1. To use the hycross' keyless lock, you just need to pinch the front door handle or touch the top of it near the indentation. There are sensors on both the top and bottom. No need to do that awkward slide your finger on the top thing.

2. You also get an interesting battery saver feature for the wireless keyfob that disables the radio signal. Will also prevent your car from being stolen by thieves using the popular keyless entry signal cloning method. To activate: Hold down lock button and then press the unlock button twice on keyfob. It will go back to normal if you press unlock button on keyfob again.

3. You can customise whether you want the sunroof to open fully or just tilt when holding the unlock button to open all windows with the keyfob.

ADAS:

1. The radar cruise control and pre collision system features can work all the way up to 180 kmph!

2. The hycross does have emergency braking and it will brake automatically even if cruise control isn't active.

3. The PCS on the hycross sold in India can only detect other cars. However the versions sold abroad can also detect pedestrians, motorcycles and walls. Possibly disabled on purpose due to the chaotic nature of our roads.

4. The hycross gets Road Sign assist and will ask you if you want to change your set speed if it detects a speed sign while using radar cruise control.

Innova customizable features.pdf

Innova PCS.pdf

Radar .pdf

[ATTACH=TKM - INNOVA Owners Manual.pdf]2429386[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TKM - INNOVA Owners Manual.pdf (441.9 KB, 953 views)
Cresterk is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 01:24   #1218

Quote:
FIT and FINISH:
A lot has already been commented about the fit and finish of Hycross interiors. However, I would like to say that everything is functional and works like a charm.
Plastic quality is really bad. Plastic cover on the doors, felt like if I pull the edges of this cover, it will easily break.

The door hinges too are not strong.
Old 16th March 2023, 01:44   #1219
BHPian

Anybody got any information on ZX (O) variant delivery, especially in North region? Dealer in Meerut & Dehradun are clueless of ZX(O) deliveries. They are'nt allocated any vehicle by the company till date to deliver. Pushing to convert the booking to VX for quick delivery. They're getting around 7-10 VX allotments a month, as per them. Can anybody else their feedback from the dealers on ZX(O) delivery schedule?
Old 16th March 2023, 09:30   #1220
BHPian

Hycross Hybrid is giving me an average ranging from 18.6 to 22.9kmpl locally. This is amazing for the vehicle of this size. I am also satisfied with the ride quality, grippy and cushiony Apollo Apterra Cross tyres suit this vehicle very well. Overall ride comfort, fabric seats quality in VX is satisfactory. Once you get used to the vehicle character, this vehicle grows on you !! If you need peppy pulling power, consider changing the driving mode to city/power and this vehicles would bring a big smile on your face. The quality of cabin inside is not at all bad. Use it to feel it actually. I use Meguiars dashboard interior dashboard polish which gives a rich look to the cabin. The dullness is completely gone and everything looks sorted ! This car grows on you; the more you use it !
Apart from buggy and non functional Toyota iconnect application, no issue faced with my VX 7 seater so far.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 16th March 2023 at 09:52.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 09:53   #1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Requesting help from all those you have bought their hycross vehicles, if you could let me know which model you bought, the insurance you took (details about it), the insurance price you paid and whether you took the extended warranty?

My dealer while not forcing is trying to hard sell the showroom insurance by saying how it is unique in its offering as compared to the ones we find outside etc
I bought the Vx Variant. Paid Rs. 49744, United India Insurance with 240000 IDV, and Nil Depreciation.
mesmerizer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 10:14   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
Please mention the name of the iPhone App.
App name is - DVR Connect
pradeepkm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 14:46   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesmerizer View Post
I bought the Vx Variant. Paid Rs. 49744, United India Insurance with 240000 IDV, and Nil Depreciation.
That is extremely cheap. I got mine from TATA AIG for 68k (including unlimited zero dep claims in a year.)
Please check your quotation. You might not have the RTI (Return to Invoice) and 7 passengers cover from United.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 16th March 2023 at 14:47.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 15:16   #1224

Question for all Hybrid Hycorss owners, does the comprehensive insurance cover the Hybrid Battery??
Old 16th March 2023, 15:18   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
Today I visited Ravindu Toyota for 1st service. Fog lamps were in stock.
Fog lamps:
A new switch was installed for fog lamps next to level adjustment switch. I have attached pics showing light throw of fog lamp.
What was the overall cost of FOG LAMPS Installation including tax and labour? Since it was done by the Service team.

The Accessories team here is unable to get the Foglamps available as a part of the accessory.
Old 16th March 2023, 16:37   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
What was the overall cost of FOG LAMPS Installation including tax and labour? Since it was done by the Service team.

The Accessories team here is unable to get the Foglamps available as a part of the accessory.
When I left the car for service yesterday, fog lamps had still not arrived at dealer. They got it in afternoon and were fitted in the evening. So your dealer should get it in coming weeks.

Fog lamps cost: part: 11,900, labour: 1,500, total:13,400

I got around 10% discount. I had negotiated this price when I got all accessories during purchase. The overall cost was around 70K+ for all accessories I got.

I am linking the accessories price list of Ravindu Toyota I had previously posted for reference - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...ndu-toyota.pdf
Old 16th March 2023, 17:52   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
That is extremely cheap. I got mine from TATA AIG for 68k (including unlimited zero dep claims in a year.)
Please check your quotation. You might not have the RTI (Return to Invoice) and 7 passengers cover from United.
What all should I ask for when I am getting the insurance quotes from different providers?

Nil dip
Unlimited claims in first year
All the addons

The below quote I had got from Tata Aig to get a rough ball park estimate so that I can compare with Toyota one. While talking with Tata aig I asked numerous times that it covers the batteries as the car is hybrid and the lady kept insisting it is covered however I do not see any separate line item for it
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-67109f6cd9e9481ea1e7d771c6b7b9c2.jpeg  

Old 16th March 2023, 20:30   #1228

Quote:
49000 was cheap indeed when the dealer quoted 1,17,000. My invoice price and IDV are the same. So I didn't feel the need for RTI. Online quotes were way too higher. Went to the insurance office directly without any agent and that's why I got this price. They have a provision to get upto 85% off on OD premium after getting approval from Regional office.
mesmerizer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 09:04   #1229

Quote:
Today I got a chance to test drive Innova Hycross VX. Here are some of my initial impressions.
What about interior plastic and controls quality? Plastic covers on doors are so thin that I felt if I pull it's edges it will break off easily.
Old 17th March 2023, 11:35   #1230

I've received the following lease quote from ALD.
Model: VX (O), 8 Seater, On road price: 32,26,650

Duration: 36 months
EMI (A): 92694 * 36 = 3336984
Fixed buy back (B): 749090 + GST (134836)
-------
Total (C): 4220910 (A+B)
Tax saved (D): 1077522
----------------------------
Final cost (C-D): 3143358
payyans is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks