Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 19:04   #1261
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Mr. Vikram Gulati, country head and SVP of Toyota said, “We test our vehicles in the roughest conditions and engineer them to operate reliably beyond our customer’s expectations. Because of that initial engineering effort we have put in, you can run any of our cars from 2013 or later on E20 fuel without any problems for the rest of the vehicle life.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Yes, that's one way to nudge a customer into buying a car with him owning all the risks. Once they officially announce the E20 compliance they will have to bear the E20 related issues under warranty.

They will wait and watch and build the backlog of all the issues they need to fix before official declaration....very clever indeed!
An individual, no matter how senior, can always say he was misquoted or his words were taken out of context. The V3Cars article also hedges itself by saying that the gentleman did not give a direct answer. Had Toyota been open and honest about E20 compliance, they would have simply issued a press release and put this issue to rest for good.

Toyota along with Mahindra remain the only relevant and mainstream manufacturers who have not come clean on E20 material compliance. It’s not a coincidence that these two are also the ones with the highest waiting periods. Seems the strategy is to just get away with things for as long as they can.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 19:09   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
Sadly no solution from Toyota yet. Car is not in use for more than 20 days.
That’s really not done and did not expect toyota to take so long to fix this up. Toyota has been manufacturing hybrids for long now.
I am sincerely hoping that your friend’s car get fixed at the earliest.
Old 21st March 2023, 01:08   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Why did this gentleman accept such a car during delivery?

Is it registered on his name?
Once you have paid the full amount and car is registered in your name, there isn't much you can do. When you are sitting in the showroom with your entire family, after having signed endless papers and then finally being given your car, you probably won't refuse delivery. You will most likely just leave with the verbal assurance that is a small problem that can easily be fixed if you bring it back in the next day or during first service.
Old 21st March 2023, 06:20   #1264
BHPian

From the entire list of accessories I was thinking to get the below ones done as these look like must/good to have. Thoughts?

- Fog lamps (are they any good?
- Mud flaps
- Front and rear under run (what exactly is it’s use and what is it made of)?
- Door edge protector

I wanted to get the black wheel arch moulding however that is not available as accessory and only the chrome 3/4th shaped wheel arch is an accessory.

Can anyone recommend good/great mats for the car in Hyderabad or if anyone ships across India/To Hyderabad?
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 08:07   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Once you have paid the full amount and car is registered in your name, there isn't much you can do. When you are sitting in the showroom with your entire family, after having signed endless papers and then finally being given your car, you probably won't refuse delivery. You will most likely just leave with the verbal assurance that is a small problem that can easily be fixed if you bring it back in the next day or during first service.
This question is asked to the OP of the post.

Is it standard practice (in Toyota purchases) for full payment to be done prematurely, to sign registration papers and accept car's delivery without ever doing a PDI?

Are these luxury imported cars? Isn't that brand called Lexus.

Why are customers getting arm twisted by dealers?

What is the need to abandon due diligence and caution for commuter car purchases?

The larger picture is often missed in such dogma.

Last edited by GoBlue : 21st March 2023 at 08:10.
Old 21st March 2023, 09:25   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This question is asked to the OP of the post.

Is it standard practice (in Toyota purchases) for full payment to be done prematurely, to sign registration papers and accept car's delivery without ever doing a PDI?

Are these luxury imported cars? Isn't that brand called Lexus.

Why are customers getting arm twisted by dealers?

What is the need to abandon due diligence and caution for commuter car purchases?

The larger picture is often missed in such dogma.

Mate, there is a massive waiting list for the hycross and people are desperate to get their hands on the car as soon as possible. When all the leverage is with the dealers, you can get your arm twisted without even trying.

Other than Tbhpians, most people don't even know what a PDI is. In retrospect, it's very easy to blame the victim and say "why didn't you do this, why didn't you do that"
Cresterk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 11:02   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
In retrospect, it's very easy to blame the victim and say "why didn't you do this, why didn't you do that"
Steps taken by the "victim" are unknown, the OP is yet to respond to my query.

Questions were addressed to you, as it appeared you were a believer in the blindly-trust-the-OEM-with-vast-sums-of-money approach.
Old 21st March 2023, 11:53   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Why did this gentleman accept such a car during delivery?

Is it registered on his name?
It was registered in his name and he stupidly bought dealer’s promise of solving issue.
kunaldhami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 22:09   #1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
For me nothing is working with the Toyota iConnect app. It times out very soon. Nothing is shown on the odometer and even my Extended Warranty is not shown on the application. My Hycross VX 7 seater is shown in the application as an added vehicle but none of the features work !
I am also facing similar issues on toyota i-connect app with my family's Innova Hycross Zx(o). All remote commands keep getting delayed and are getting timed out. I contacted Toyota customer care helpline aa well as the dealer but not getting any resolution which works. Can someone suggest a way forward for the solution?
Old 21st March 2023, 22:22   #1270
BHPian

GFX LLM mats have arrived for HyCross. Found below video on Youtube.

gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 12:27   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, I have been offered a ZX(O) in sparkling black pearl crystal shine colour. My booked colour is attitude black. Has anyone seen this colour is person? Is it the purplish colour that was present on the crysta?

The salesman also mentioned 1% cess hike from next month in Kerala. I'm not sure if I should go for it considering the BS6.2 deadline at the end of this month. From our observations on this thread, the current Hycross isn't E20 certified.
Old 22nd March 2023, 12:32   #1272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, I have been offered a ZX(O) in sparkling black pearl crystal shine colour. My booked colour is attitude black. Has anyone seen this colour is person? Is it the purplish colour that was present on the crysta?
Yes, it is the same colour that was offered in the Crysta and continues to be offered in the Fortuner.

According to the lighting the colour changes its hue, as can be seen in this video:

HyCross in the same colour:

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 22nd March 2023 at 12:35.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 13:52   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
From the entire list of accessories I was thinking to get the below ones done as these look like must/good to have. Thoughts?

- Fog lamps (are they any good?
- Mud flaps
- Door edge protector

I wanted to get the black wheel arch moulding however that is not available as accessory and only the chrome 3/4th shaped wheel arch is an accessory.

Can anyone recommend good/great mats for the car in Hyderabad or if anyone ships across India/To Hyderabad?
Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to your inputs and feedback on the above. I’m expecting my VX (O) by the start of next month and want to make sure I’m not buying useless accessories.
Old 22nd March 2023, 14:35   #1274

Quote:

The salesman also mentioned 1% cess hike from next month in Kerala. I'm not sure if I should go for it considering the BS6.2 deadline at the end of this month. From our observations on this thread, the current Hycross isn't E20 certified.
It is not the purplish Colour that came in Crysta. That colour was called Garnet Red. I guess sparkling black pearl crystal shine would be a more glossy black. Go for it if you are ok to maintain the colour. I heard an unofficial rumour from Amana Toyota that there would be a price hike in April as well.
mesmerizer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 18:48   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to your inputs and feedback on the above. I’m expecting my VX (O) by the start of next month and want to make sure I’m not buying useless accessories.
Hello,

I will be taking delivery of my VX soon (probably 30th of this month) and have opted for below of the list you shared
- Mud flaps
- Door edge protector
- Wheel arch molding.

I will share the feedback and pictures about how they look on a White Hycross.
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed