Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2023, 09:44   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Tried using the complete number including 4 digits post ~ but the app does not let you enter more than 17 characters and the complete is 21 characters.
I was able to add the Hycross, third day post delivery. The complete is 17 characters. Ignore the last 4.
beejay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 11:11   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Question to existing hycross owners:

By when does the i-Connect app start showing the car in it? I’ve tried adding the car using the VIN number however it keeps saying VIN not recognised.

I checked with the dealer and he says Toyota has to update in their system
The dealer team has to activate it from their end and I got my activated when I went to take the delivery.
The app is running flawlessly since.
I just have to unlock using fingerprint and it works great.
You can lock the doors, trunk, windows, set the Climate Control to the temperature of your liking and turn on the hazard lights.
You can even start the car. It picked up location perfectly, but doesn't update.
It has geofencing, speed limit and other settings like Valet mode.
turbospooler is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 11:26   #1383
BHPian

Can we really not pay these "at the last minute" price hikes? Especially if we have waited patiently in the line? I was about to take delivery of my himalayan the prices increased by Rs.5000 a week before. I was on a stretched budget and really unhappy with the manager but had to pay as others were ready to take delivery and already once my bike had been allotted to someone else.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 12:04   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Aren't these banned? Surprised to see them being sold as official accessories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveet84 View Post
These seem to be banned for front bumpers, not for back!
As per this report both front & rear guards are banned - https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...665655702.html

Infact back in 2018 & 2020 there were special drives by cops in Delhi NCR for challaning all the vehicles which had them.

Though its difficult to spot the rear one's because car would have already crossed them but in case they stop you for anything else, this can add up.
CA Dhruv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 18:53   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
The dealer team has to activate it from their end and I got my activated when I went to take the delivery.
The app is running flawlessly since.
I just have to unlock using fingerprint and it works great.
You can lock the doors, trunk, windows, set the Climate Control to the temperature of your liking and turn on the hazard lights.
You can even start the car. It picked up location perfectly, but doesn't update.
It has geofencing, speed limit and other settings like Valet mode.
I got the app to work and I see my car in it. I do not see the extended warranty and the dealer says it will appear once first servicing is done, is it?

I also am unable to find the manual in the app, can anyone help me point in the right direction please.
Old 5th April 2023, 18:59   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
I got the app to work and I see my car in it. I do not see the extended warranty and the dealer says it will appear once first servicing is done, is it?

I also am unable to find the manual in the app, can anyone help me point in the right direction please.
My dealer mentioned the same about the extended warranty. Nothing to worry as we have the receipt.

You just need to scroll to the bottom of the main screen under the "vehicle" tab. If that is not working for you, then you need to click on the center top "My Toyota" and then scroll to the bottom where it says "User manual".

While we are addressing App details, can someone guide me how to add a Valet mode to the "Driver Alerts"?
I am just getting My Family ones and no option to add more.
Old 5th April 2023, 21:04   #1387
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the first Hycross Hybrid Taxi in Chennai today. It was a white VX variant. It was hard to tell it apart from the Crysta, given the white color, very similar overall body shape, the identical dimensions and the yellow board.

I predict the Hycross Hybrid will soon dominate the taxi segment. It has everything the customer, the operator and driver want! A comfortable shake free ride due to the monocoque construction that will please the customer/passenger, low fuel bills that the operator company will love and an automatic transmission that makes life easy for the driver!

I fully expect Toyota to very soon launch a G Hybrid for the taxi market once the capacity situation stabilises. That should make it even more attractive in this segment.
84.monsoon is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 21:31   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
My dealer mentioned the same about the extended warranty. Nothing to worry as we have the receipt.

You just need to scroll to the bottom of the main screen under the "vehicle" tab. If that is not working for you, then you need to click on the center top "My Toyota" and then scroll to the bottom where it says "User manual".

While we are addressing App details, can someone guide me how to add a Valet mode to the "Driver Alerts"?
I am just getting My Family ones and no option to add more.
Tapping on My Toyota just takes me to a page which shows my car, chassis number, the subscriptions, remove vehicle and add vehicle. I tried refreshing the page and all but the manual card just does not appear
Old 6th April 2023, 14:03   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across a Qualis today, and the way the wheels are inside the body in the Qualis, reminds me of nothing else than the HyCross.

The HyCross begs for some spacers for the wheels to atleast come out till the body line.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-94ff3fe5c49545b89732e6f7f5d0e2c2.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-29fc602e63a946b59e2bdf55b5a27363.jpeg

PS: The Qualis pictured here is almost 20 years old and is not mine, found it parked so decided to click a picture. Built To Last

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 6th April 2023 at 14:09.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 20:15   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Question to existing hycross owners:

By when does the i-Connect app start showing the car in it? I’ve tried adding the car using the VIN number however it keeps saying VIN not recognised.

I checked with the dealer and he says Toyota has to update in their system

I also faced the same issue. But during the first service they activated something in their software or backend and the app started working
Old 6th April 2023, 21:29   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
I also faced the same issue. But during the first service they activated something in their software or backend and the app started working
App now works once the dealer updated my mobile number against the chassis number. However I still do not see the user manual in the app
Old 7th April 2023, 02:05   #1392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Came across a Qualis today, and the way the wheels are inside the body in the Qualis, reminds me of nothing else than the HyCross.

The HyCross begs for some spacers for the wheels to atleast come out till the body line.

Attachment 2437578

Attachment 2437579

PS: The Qualis pictured here is almost 20 years old and is not mine, found it parked so decided to click a picture. Built To Last

Why get spacers when you can try to cram a 255/55/R18 tyre in there
Old 7th April 2023, 02:14   #1393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Why get spacers when you can try to cram a 255/55/R18 tyre in there
It’s very unlikely that a 255/55/R18 tyre is going to fit in the wheel wells. 255/50/R18 tyres may barely fit.

The maximum I have seen people go on the stock alloys is 245/50/R18 Pirelli’s.

A comparison of the stock 225/50/R18 with 255/55/R18:

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-1d487bdd210d4bb28b7d8cf2e78a7f4e.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-67765ff37b6842758cbfc7119cb718d3.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-f9711414e8f946d7b7b963c286c7686d.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 7th April 2023 at 02:16.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 10:04   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
It’s very unlikely that a 255/55/R18 tyre is going to fit in the wheel wells. 255/50/R18 tyres may barely fit.

The maximum I have seen people go on the stock alloys is 245/50/R18 Pirelli’s.

A comparison of the stock 225/50/R18 with 255/55/R18:

Attachment 2437740

Attachment 2437741

Attachment 2437742
True I meant it as a joke, my bad.
Old 7th April 2023, 10:39   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Toyota Innova Hycross waiting period extends to 26 months

The waiting period for the Toyota Innova Hycross is said to have extended up to 26 months.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-2022toyotainnovahycross06.jpg

Reports suggest that the hybrid variants have the highest waiting period of up to 26 months, while non-hybrid customers will have to wait for 6-7 months, depending on the choice of variant and colour.

The Innova Hycross is available in five variants. It comes with the option of a 2.0L petrol and a 2.0L petrol hybrid powertrain. The non-hybrid version packs 172 BHP and 197 Nm. The strong-hybrid version also uses a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine paired with Toyota’s 5th-gen strong-hybrid tech for a combined output of 183 BHP.

Earlier this year, Toyota increased the prices of the Innova Hycross for the first time since its launch. The MPV is now priced from Rs 18.55 lakh, with the top-spec trim costing Rs 29.72 lakh (ex-showroom).

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 7th April 2023 at 10:41.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed