Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2023, 11:16   #1456
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

There are multiple rumours about the state of Hycross production. The Zx and Zxo bookings are halted. The rumours are that the factory will remain closed for a while. There are supply issues. There is also speculation that E20 compliance is coming and factory is shut for retooling.

But these remain speculation and rumours. Anyone with the knowledge of the situation who can clarify what actually is happening? Are these rumours true?
Old 18th April 2023, 13:06   #1457
BHPian

Folks, who had booked online and later cancelled - Do we need to cancel online or cancel with the dealer?

Also, do you know how much time does it take to get the full refund back?
Old 18th April 2023, 13:42   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashd View Post
Wanted to check with the experts if a vinyl wrap of the hycross roof for a dual tone finish void the warranty on paint by the manufacturer.
Logically, it should. Any modification you do from outside Toyota dealership, they can use that as an excuse for not respecting warranty. Even something as harmless as changing the mats can be used as an excuse for not respecting warranty depending on the kind of correlation they can bring in. Paint and wrapper correlation is pretty straight forward.
Old 18th April 2023, 17:33   #1459
BHPian

Does anyone know how long it takes for the RC Card to arrive in Bangalore? It has been 70 days and no signs of RC coming and Nandi Toyota is not helping.
Upgrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 18:56   #1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
There are multiple rumours about the state of Hycross production. The Zx and Zxo bookings are halted. The rumours are that the factory will remain closed for a while. There are supply issues. There is also speculation that E20 compliance is coming and factory is shut for retooling.

But these remain speculation and rumours. Anyone with the knowledge of the situation who can clarify what actually is happening? Are these rumours true?
One of the SA at the leading retailer in NCR quoted that GX-hybrid (2L more than GX) has been launched for the fleet operator. I did not see any press release for the same. If it were true it is quite possible that the resources are being diverted to cater to the institutional buyers, who would have a bigger say and influencing power. And the retail buyers would be left standing in the queue.

It is indeed becoming quite frustrating and the initial excitement is waning. The only thing working in their favour is the long waiting period across all vendors.
Smashd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 19:14   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes for the RC Card to arrive in Bangalore? It has been 70 days and no signs of RC coming and Nandi Toyota is not helping.
AFAIK, atleast in Maharashtra, the RTO directly sends the RC via India Post and the dealer is not involved in this.

May I know the reason for getting the physical RC?
I was able to update my vehicle number in Fastag with the help of DigiLocker's RC copy.
Old 18th April 2023, 20:31   #1462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
AFAIK, atleast in Maharashtra, the RTO directly sends the RC via India Post and the dealer is not involved in this. Other

May I know the reason for getting the physical RC?
I was able to update my vehicle number in Fastag with the help of DigiLocker's RC copy.
Correct. No need for the physical copy. Keep checking Vahaan or invest a couple of hours in visiting your RTO office and talk to the ARTO or RTO themselves. In many cases, the printed card sits in the RTO office outbound section while the bad apples figure out innovative ways to make money.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 00:42   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Grand Toyota, Meerut. Will take insurance on my own if dealer do not match the quote. No essential kit.
I have also booked my car with grand Toyota Meerut. I have not got any assurance on delivery timeline even though I also booked on 23rd November ZX O variant. They are just offering me the VX and saying we can't say anything about the higher models.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 10:26   #1464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know how long it takes for the RC Card to arrive in Bangalore?
It used to take around 1.5 months earlier - the infamous paper RC. However, remember seeing a news article few weeks back that they have moved back to proper - plastic smart card like earlier. The delay may be due to the backlog due to this shift in case it has happened.

In either case, you will be able to track the rough status from Parivahan.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 12:53   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Correct. No need for the physical copy. Keep checking Vahaan or invest a couple of hours in visiting your RTO office and talk to the ARTO or RTO themselves. In many cases, the printed card sits in the RTO office outbound section while the bad apples figure out innovative ways to make money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
It used to take around 1.5 months earlier - the infamous paper RC. However, remember seeing a news article few weeks back that they have moved back to proper - plastic smart card like earlier. The delay may be due to the backlog due to this shift in case it has happened.

In either case, you will be able to track the rough status from Parivahan.
Today, after 70+ days, I got the RC through Speed Post. I had sent a mail to the Joint Commissioner of Transport for Bangalore region a few days ago. I believe that did the trick.

Karnataka RC is still not available in Digilocker. Physical form is the only option for now. I believe DL is available in Digilocker though.
Upgrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 16:17   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Karnataka RC is still not available in Digilocker. Physical form is the only option for now. I believe DL is available in Digilocker though.
Try mParivahan, you can use that instead of DigiLocker
Old 19th April 2023, 16:49   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
To be honest,
I had high value and was eager to join and 'enjoy' the great service the brand Toyota brings along with it.
But I have developed pure hatred for their customer service. None of their staff, be it Sales, customer support or complaint department can give me a concrete reply and all I get are stupid excuses and blatant lies!

In the last 6 months, they have failed to tell me the month I can expect my delivery.
It was only when I raised my tone and said "I will complain every day and I want my car in this week or you will see the worst of me" to which they said "We have no car, we can't deliver in this month"

What pushes my bad experience to hatred is people with more wealth are getting cars so fast as if they are in stock available, but not to the public.

I have now a firm believe that Toyota's bureaucratic is corrupt and it's out of the company's hands to control it.
Had booked ZX(o) in December but until now there is no further development except Toyota increased price by 80k within 2 months of launch(which seems to me was premeditated from the start)not even test drive here in Chandigarh.Had finally gone to the showroom to enquire about status but after some prodding was told I'm 18th on the list and no cars arrived this month.After some further prodding was told maybe 6 months more.The waiting period board as displayed in the showroom was 24-26 months for ZX(O).
Meanwhile in my extended family circle I heard that someone got a Hycross( didn't ask variant) without booking for a premium of 1.75 l in the NCR region.Justification of premium apparently was to hedge against further price increases.
Fair point.
Carevidence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 17:24   #1468
BHPian

Finally got the i-Connect app to show the owner manual. Really happy with the way the I-Connect team kept following up promptly with me on verification and got the problem resolved.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 18:26   #1469
Senior - BHPian

HYCROSS APR 23.pdf

My car is finally billed and on the way

Only thing is price increases and no price protection have increased prices to 38.5L for ZX(O) in Kerala. Overall I might not matter much as a % increase of the overall price but it still a decent amount that could have been used for accessories, ceramic coating etc.

Also, I'm seeing a different price mentioned for kerala in Carwale which has me scratching my head.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20230419-5.57.45-pm.png

But worst of all, is it really true that toyota delivers all variants of their cars without even basic things like mats which have to be bought seperately? The accessories person told me that the car will be delivered bare with no floor mats or trunk mats or even mud flaps. Purchasing all of these separately sounds ridiculous for a 38+L car.
Old 19th April 2023, 19:33   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Attachment 2441884

My car is finally billed and on the way

But worst of all, is it really true that toyota delivers all variants of their cars without even basic things like mats which have to be bought seperately? The accessories person told me that the car will be delivered bare with no floor mats or trunk mats or even mud flaps. Purchasing all of these separately sounds ridiculous for a 38+L car.
Congrats on the car allotment. Yup the car comes bare bones…no mud guards, no basic mats in the car, no trunk mat nothing. Everything extra extra extra…
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks