Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2022, 13:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Super review and a perfect car without any major flaws! Of course will command a premium, which I believe most are anticipating. Hycross slots very nicely between Crysta and Fortuner. Not too MPV'ish at the same time not too much SUV like Fortuner. One of the surprising move to me is not having MT, which is a bold decision. Of course good chunk of buyers at this price point go for AT, but having an MT would ensured lower starting price and tier 3 cities/towns still buy a lot of MT's. As always, good to see Toyota loading car with features, the Hybrid motor on the other hand will stay relevant in market for long time!
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 13:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has another winner now. The Hycross will kill the 2WD Fortuner sales in my opinion. It provides a lot more features than 2WD Fortuner and there is a throne for the boss. There is no reason now to buy a 2WD Fortuner and suffer the unrefined BOR platform. But this also means there is a chance it won't be slotted between Crysta and Fortuner, but overlap with the 2WD Fortuner variants. In the Australian market, Kluger's price overlaps with that of the Fortuner. The Hycross is the spiritual rebirth of Kluger/Highlander for developing markets.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 6th December 2022 at 13:50.
padmrajravi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 13:54   #18
BHPian

The Hycross looks amazing and thank you so much for sharing your review. I've been seeing a lot of concern on other forums because is FWD as opposed to it being RWD earlier. To be very honest I'm not exactly sure how much of a difference it makes in passenger cars, so I'm quite curious about it.

Also, please excuse my naïveté but what are Ottoman seats?
Old 6th December 2022, 14:05   #19
BHPian

There is no car in this segment so may end up cannibalising a lot of Fortuner, Innova Crysta sales and virtually kill carnival, meridian, VW, Skoda large MUV/SUV sales. This is a winner all the way!!
neerajku is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 14:09   #20

Comprehensive review as usual. This car is packaged so well that Toyota might have dropped independent suspension intentionally lest it may cannibalise Fortuner to death.
Old 6th December 2022, 14:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Just look at the spec sheet! Even if the top two (ZX and the ZXO) get the bulk of the premium features, the Hycross feels a segment or two above the Crysta. Toyota have finally kitted a Innova par for the year it has been launched.

Glad to see they've fixed some shortcomings: be it the styling, or the feature list. Also, not surprising to see they've still not fixed some: top variants with captain seats only.
Yes, finally we get a toyota that doesn't feel like its a compromise on looks and features just for reliability and peace of mind. First with the LC300 and now this, looks like Toyota has finally decided to start keeping up with the competition right from the get go.
Old 6th December 2022, 14:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
One of the surprising move to me is not having MT, which is a bold decision. Of course good chunk of buyers at this price point go for AT, but having an MT would ensured lower starting price and tier 3 cities/towns still buy a lot of MT's.
I have heard rumors that there will be Maruti version of this also. May be the MT will be reserved for that version which will be priced lower.
JediKnight is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 14:37   #23
BHPian

Great review. Thanks. This seems to be a fantastic car. I've already booked a ZX(O) as a replacement for my 2006 Innova.

One question: Is the panoramic sunroof cover similar to the one in the HyRyder/Grand Vitara, or do we get a "proper" one here?
Old 6th December 2022, 14:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Surprised at the lack of under thigh support for the middle row. That and the inability to extend your legs because of the battery pack placed under the driver's seat is a bummer for me. Wonder how executives will respond to this.

Else this is a superb package. All said and done, I expect this car to put up with abuse and last despite being a monocoque construction.

Curious to know how Toyota will price it. Whatever it is, it'll be lapped up before I can blink.
Turbohead is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 14:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the great review.

Toyota has another winner on it's hands. The Hycross will appeal to a large segment of customers right from fleet operators to individual owners including the politicos/govt officials. It is a feature rich, safer, reliable and offers terrific fuel economy in the hybrid avatar.

Doesn't matter how Toyota prices it, this will fly off the showrooms without much effort.
Old 6th December 2022, 15:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Great review as always. Thanks for covering up almost everything.

Toyota should launch this one in ZX and ZX(O) variant with bench middle seat. That would have many takers. I'll prefer a bench middle seat than the Ottoman seats.

I see this also getting back to 17 inch alloys after a few months like Crysta due to sidewall cuts in the tyres. Atleast they would offer better ride quality.

Let's see some real world reviews as well as real world efficiency.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 15:11   #27
BHPian

Detailed review, as always! Having booked the 8 seater VX version, await with bated breath now, the OTR! It will solely decide whether I go with Toyota, or stick to my XUV700 AX7 D L AT booking.
Old 6th December 2022, 15:22   #28
BHPian

With my mother using an old Innova with a makeshift 2nd-row ottoman seat due to her varicose veins, this car is God-sent! She immediately said yes when I showed her the picture of the 2nd row! Thank you Toyota - this beats having a Kia Carnival due to the more compact, city-friendly dimensions.

Booked the top end ZX(O) in the beautiful black ageha colour.
reppy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 15:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
• Top-end variants are only available with captain seats in the middle row. No bench option is inexplicable!!
For me this is the biggest upset. I absolutely love everything about the car and I really wanted to go ahead with this. But, for a family of 5 with some luggage, the top trims of Hycross can become really confusing. I went ahead with Hyundai Tucson. Booked it last week.

Last edited by Eddy : 6th December 2022 at 15:55. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 6th December 2022, 15:39   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
The Hycross looks amazing and thank you so much for sharing your review. I've been seeing a lot of concern on other forums because is FWD as opposed to it being RWD earlier. To be very honest I'm not exactly sure how much of a difference it makes in passenger cars, so I'm quite curious about it.

Also, please excuse my naïveté but what are Ottoman seats?
Ottoman seats are the leg rests offering calf support - you would have seen them in some volvo buses for eg.
akkosetto is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks