Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2022, 10:01   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditikpurohit View Post
Tyres are soo tiny
Looks like a joke of an SUV
The tires aren't tiny, infact are 18 inchers if I am not wrong. The low profile is a major contributor to the looks. This is an MPV Cross as per Toyota but either way should have come with 16/17 inch wheels with higher profile tires.
PrideRed is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 10:03   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

In Indonesia:

2023 Toyota Innova Zenix Hybrid, accounts 82% of sales so far.

Quote:
82% or around 3,000 units ordered are Innova Zenix Hybrid variants and the most popular variant is the Q Hybrid with TSS with 1,578 units

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 10:39   #198

There is a news about "You Can Now Check Out Toyota Innova Hycross At Dealerships".
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...erships/48129/

I checked with the Bangalore dealers, and they are completely unaware of it! The vehicle is manufactured in Karnataka, but display vehicles have begun to appear throughout the country except in Bangalore, which is very strange!
payyans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 18:02   #199
BHPian

Just received word about this, hopefully helps someone here
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20221221wa0009.jpg  

milu2fast is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 18:16   #200
BANNED

The same would be available on 23rd (Friday) at Nippon Toyota Kalamassery 10 to 5pm. So guys in Cochin will have two days for the preview.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hy.jpg
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 18:23   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Driving the Innova Hycross 2.0L Hybrid
AWD is not present in Hycross and thats not talked about anywhere. Is AWD not an important feature?

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st December 2022 at 18:26. Reason: Please quote only necessary bits from a long post. Thank you!
SRIR45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 21:08   #202
BHPian

After all these weeks post launch and the Hycross starting to make an appearance at showrooms, do we have any pics of the VX variant?
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 23:03   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
As the engine starter battery under the hood is seperate from the hybrid motor battery under the front seats.. The car would still start as a petrol car
Here is an excellent video on the engineering and various modes of operation of the Toyota strong hybrid tech using the e-CVT:

Transmission is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 13:40   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

My dealer is telling me that bookings have not officially been processed in the central Toyota booking system at a national level. They are still being held locally at dealer end. Even on line bookings are referred back to the dealer ultimately. According to him, only after price annoucement will they enter the bookings into the centralized Toyota booking system.Therefore variant and color changes can be made at dealer end up to that point.

Could this be true? If so, it gives a lot of discretion to the dealer on prioritization of bookings. Politicians and other influential parties can easily jump the queue in that case. All I have got is a dealer level booking receipt. I wonder if anyone has got a central booking ID from Toyota Bharat.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:00   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

Could this be true? If so, it gives a lot of discretion to the dealer on prioritization of bookings. Politicians and other influential parties can easily jump the queue in that case. All I have got is a dealer level booking receipt. I wonder if anyone has got a central booking ID from Toyota Bharat.
In my case I have received a booking ID from Toyota Bharat as I had made my booking online. The booking ID also contains the date so company is keeping a track of the date of booking. Also the variant & colour are all specified in the booking. I have booked Hybrid Zxo in Blackish Ageha flake.

The booking was sent from Toyota India then to the local dealer who is now in touch with me.
I was following up for the display car, but as per the dealer they will get display cars only in Jan end.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:03   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My dealer is telling me that bookings have not officially been processed in the central Toyota booking system at a national level. They are still being held locally at dealer end. Even on line bookings are referred back to the dealer ultimately. According to him, only after price annoucement will they enter the bookings into the centralized Toyota booking system.Therefore variant and color changes can be made at dealer end up to that point.

If you have got a docket with number from dealer, Toyota Bidadi can track the booking. At this point Dealer might be true because pricing is not yet announced and there are high chances they are withholding submitting same to Toyota. But all dealers for sure will have to give a some booking numbers to Toyota to help in manufacturing and pricing too!

Coming to deliveries, I know for sure, even after Toyota Bidadi getting your ID(Dealer level or online), good influence can take away your car or delay your car delivery. Muscle power works with almost all dealers and Toyota being Politicians favorite, is no different.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 16:41   #207
BHPian

Quote:
All I have got is a dealer level booking receipt. I wonder if anyone has got a central booking ID from Toyota Bharat.
Same thing here. Just have the booking amount (1 lac) paid receipt and a screenshot of the page where the SA took my booking details. I have booked VX (7 seater) variant and mentioned that I need the car as soon as delivery starts. Let's see how long it takes. If I don't hear positive response by late Jan, will cancel.

Expecting VX to be priced between 23.5 to 25 lakhs (ex showroom). If more than 25 lakhs, will have to cancel the booking as that the ceiling for company car lease.

Last edited by jthomas : 22nd December 2022 at 16:42. Reason: typo
Old 23rd December 2022, 00:20   #208
BHPian

Looking at the Hycross side profile with its cuts and creases & also its front fascia, the Hycross does come across a lot like the 2023 Highlander. Here is a quick comparison photo:

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-imgonlinecomuatwotooneqthepjo55f2p.jpg

If only the Hycross had those tyre profiles seen in this youtube video of the Highlander.
mk600 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 01:19   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Same thing here. Just have the booking amount (1 lac) paid receipt and a screenshot of the page where the SA took my booking details. I have booked VX (7 seater) variant and mentioned that I need the car as soon as delivery starts. Let's see how long it takes. If I don't hear positive response by late Jan, will cancel.

Expecting VX to be priced between 23.5 to 25 lakhs (ex showroom). If more than 25 lakhs, will have to cancel the booking as that the ceiling for company car lease.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-untitled-2.png

I booked online as well as with dealership. Only the online booking gave me a proper receipt and booking ID.
Old 23rd December 2022, 06:43   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

After several follow ups, dealer shared a manual written form copy called the Order booking form. It has a CTDMS order booking number in the format ORD2200006XX -so a number with last three digits in the 600s. I am not sure if this is a local dealer generated number or a national Toyota number. Anyone got a CTDMS booking number like this?

Most Viewed