Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2022, 07:21   #211
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
After several follow ups, dealer shared a manual written form copy called the Order booking form. It has a CTDMS order booking number in the format ORD2200006XX -so a number with last three digits in the 600s. I am not sure if this is a local dealer generated number or a national Toyota number. Anyone got a CTDMS booking number like this?
Yes. I have that. Mine shows ORD2200012XX. I pre booked on 23rd Nov.
jthomas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 13:32   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
Thanks for the update. The length is a little more than Crysta, but little less than Tata Hexa. It has a bit more height compared to Hexa - but that will translate into much more head room even with sunroof considering the fact that the platform is lower than Body-on-Frame. With EPS, I think it will be much better than my Hexa to maneuver around in City. Tyres are definitely an issue I feel. R19 experiment in Hexa had failed miserably with 55 profile (I downsized mine to R16 stock tyres) - so R18 with 50 profile is definitely a concern - agree 100% on that observation.
Sir did you feel any difference due to it being front wheel drive in comparison to Hexa and Crysta? I feel that a long car/SUV which is made for carrying more people should be rear wheel drive.
pratyushpks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 16:16   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Yes. I have that. Mine shows ORD2200012XX. I pre booked on 23rd Nov.
Thanks, did you book with Lanson? It could be the dealership's numbering series. On the other hand, if someone from another city has also got a similar series, it might indicate a national numbering sequence at Toyota level.
Old 23rd December 2022, 16:24   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Thanks, did you book with Lanson? It could be the dealership's numbering series. On the other hand, if someone from another city has also got a similar series, it might indicate a national numbering sequence at Toyota level.
Yes. Lanson Pallikarnai Branch.
Old 23rd December 2022, 20:54   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Yes. Lanson Pallikarnai Branch.
It is probably a dealer level booking ID then. In that case, it gives us no additional intelligence about the priority and seems to confirm my belief that there is no national level booking ID yet. Toyota are so far behind Mahindra in booking management system and transparency to customers on their bookings and status.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 06:34   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Note:

I didn't see it mentioned in the review so stating as its important. There would be an air intake for the cooling fan of Hybrid battery pack which is on the LHS of the front passenger seat. Care should be taken so as to not block this vent with bag/cover or some other stuff.
Thanks for bringing this up. Does anyone know if these vents have air filters as well?

Early generation Toyota Hybrids in US didn't even have this clearly documented, and many owners didn't even know this was a thing. Clogged air filters for the battery is the number #1 reason for car reliability issues in Toyota Hybrids. I don't think this is being adequately covered on the Hycross reviews, so posting this informative video for all future owners:

mk600 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 01:12   #217
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I do not like the dealership experience at Galaxy Toyota in Delhi(Moti nagar branch).
Such dull response for my booking, ignoring all my questions.

Is there anyone here who has good relations with a dealer in the NCR?
Old 25th December 2022, 09:58   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
In my case I have received a booking ID from Toyota Bharat as I had made my booking online. The booking ID also contains the date so company is keeping a track of the date of booking.

I was following up for the display car, but as per the dealer they will get display cars only in Jan end.
Suggest double check the display date,seems to be display for one day each at a dealership- in Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
And working of the ADAS, although it misses out on Auto emergency braking.

https://Youtu.be/F1na1Mj-_Qw
The blind spot indicator is better in the Tucson for example, gives both audio and visual warning, visual alone especially the left one needs someone to be actively looking at it.However the emergency braking being replaced in Hycross by warning only is better- for now.
Meanwhile the price is expected to be another surprise like it was for the Tucson.
And comfortable 5 seaters are almost as rare as sedans nowhttps://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Frustration.gif

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th December 2022 at 09:03. Reason: Merging back to back posts and trimming quoted text.
Old 26th December 2022, 08:21   #219
BHPian

Was visiting Mumbai and around the same time Hycross was displayed at Wassan Toyota, Chembur. Had an opportunity to have a look at it. Most of the points are mentioned previously. Only issue me & my better half could point out was since we have three kids, captain seats was a no go for us and the second being interior plastic quality of switches and layouts. Otherwise seams to be a good option but would only be clear once pricing is announced and economics come into picture.
jacobsam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 13:20   #220
BHPian

Hello,

Does anyone know what's the schedule of Hycross to be on a one-day display across all the showrooms?

It happened in Gurgaon sometime in early December, which I was missed as I wasn't informed by the SA, while in Chandigarh, it is being planned for 28th December.

Does anyone know what the full schedule for North India is, and if it may again comeback to NCR anytime soon?

Thanks!
Old 26th December 2022, 15:02   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know what's the schedule of Hycross to be on a one-day display across all the showrooms?
I am advised that galaxy toyota moti nagar will be displaying the vehicle tomorrow that is on 27th december.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th December 2022 at 09:04. Reason: Trimming quoted text.
FastTracker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 02:24   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The tires aren't tiny, infact are 18 inchers if I am not wrong. The low profile is a major contributor to the looks. This is an MPV Cross as per Toyota but either way should have come with 16/17 inch wheels with higher profile tires.
It's not the rim size that people are complaining about but the overall diameter of the wheel. It's a large car and these wheels look very small on it. Compare it to the wheels on the XUV700, Safari etc which are also 17 or 18 inches but they are much bigger and proportionate. After all the effort Toyota put in to make this look like an SUV, they could have given it larger wheels which would also look premium. Unproportionately small wheels are an economy car/van trait but maybe it is required for fuel efficiency here.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 09:36   #223

Smaller overall tires and low profile is an observation made by every single auto analyst and member of this forum who have seen the vehicle in person. As you have rightly put it, after putting in so much efforts to give this car a SUV look, I really wonder HOW did the engineers at Toyota not notice this?

Having said that, I would like to understand would it be recommended to change tyre size after buying without impacting warranty? If Yes, what size?
Old 27th December 2022, 16:29   #224
BHPian

I got a chance to check the car out in Nippon Toyota, Kochi on 23rd and, to be very honest, was left a bit underwhelmed

Some of the issues I noticed

1) I don’t know if it is because these are pre-production units, the quality of some of the plastic parts, like the piece housing the power window controls on the door pad, the piece covering the power outlets on the dash etc., were simply atrocious . It has no business being in a 30+ lakh car.
2) The leg space in the 2nd row is ok, but the battery under the first row is a problem and if you have long legs (I am above 6) then it will be uncomfortable during long journeys
3) The seat bolstering on the front seat and also on the 2nd row was not that great.

Overall, while it is a nice car and the boot space with the 3rd up was pretty decent, it didn’t have anything ‘wow’ about it.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 18:08   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAP View Post
Smaller overall tires and low profile is an observation made by every single auto analyst and member of this forum who have seen the vehicle in person. As you have rightly put it, after putting in so much efforts to give this car a SUV look, I really wonder HOW did the engineers at Toyota not notice this?

Having said that, I would like to understand would it be recommended to change tyre size after buying without impacting warranty? If Yes, what size?
Not possible without also modifying the suspension sadly. It might rub against the car when going over bad patches and it will also lead to your speedometer becoming uncalibrated as well as changing the acceleration. Toyota did this to eke out as much mileage as possible considering it's a petrol hybrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I got a chance to check the car out in Nippon Toyota, Kochi on 23rd and, to be very honest, was left a bit underwhelmed

Some of the issues I noticed

1) I don’t know if it is because these are pre-production units, the quality of some of the plastic parts, like the piece housing the power window controls on the door pad, the piece covering the power outlets on the dash etc., were simply atrocious . It has no business being in a 30+ lakh car.

Overall, while it is a nice car and the boot space with the 3rd up was pretty decent, it didn’t have anything ‘wow’ about it.

I have noticed the same issue with many of the recently launched cars that are built here. Bad quality plastics along with very poor resolution cameras are common on the new VW, skoda, Mahindra and Tata products. Possibly due to them all being supplied by the same vendor who probably has a monopoly. A bit of a downgrade compared to older cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks