Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2022, 17:21   #271
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Launched @ 18.30 Lakh

Vx hybrid over Zx hybrid makes more sense ? Approximately 5L difference in ex showroom is HUGE.
yashcosmos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:33   #272
BHPian

Not sure why there is that huge gap between Vx and Zx. Also, people might like the Vx with 8 seats. I feel Toyota should have reduced the Zx and Zx(o) by 2 lakhs. Would have sold more of these !
Old 28th December 2022, 17:36   #273
AYP
Senior - BHPian

While I was expecting Toyota to price this at a much higher price(at least a couple of lakhs more), I would still say that this is only decent pricing and not great.

The G and GX are the only variants which are well priced, though you will cry at the petrol pump everytime. The VX has a lot of tech over the GX but a difference of 5L is a bit too much even if we take into account the Hybrid part. 3-3.5L delta for the VX was what I was expecting. Thus, the VX IMO is decently priced.

The real bummer is the additional 4L Toyota is asking for ZX. Yes, they have kept many features exclusive to the ZX but a difference of 4L is something which I am finding a bit difficult to digest. I would call the ZX overpriced by a lakh or so. I guess Toyota knows that most of its sales will come from the ZX variants and these customers wouldn't mind paying an extra lakh for their cars.

It is due to the recent trend of over the top new car prices(justified or not) that is making these prices look attractive.

Last edited by AYP : 28th December 2022 at 17:37.
AYP is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:43   #274
BHPian

INNOVA HYCross Full Hybrid Vs INNOVA DIESEL

The Crysta Diesel Automatic was retailing for about 32.5 lakhs on-road with a fuel efficiency of 15.5 kmpl. Now compare that with the Hycross full hybrid which is also going to retail for a similar price in the ballpark range with a fuel efficiency of 21 kmpl.

Also, if the Crysta Diesel is relaunched with the BS6 RDE emission updates might be more pricey that previous editions. This makes the HYCross much better value proposition than the diesel, the entire package.

Looking at the pricing, it is very clear that Toyota is NOT going to allow the older Crysta Diesel cannibalize the Hycross in sales, especially the full Hybrid Hycross.

Even if they relaunched the Crysta, chances are that Toyota will produce very small numbers and phase it out sooner than later. Their only consideration at this juncture is the taxi segment, due to which, the diesel Crysta might be only available as a T Board (yellow number plate) until it is phased out.

Definitely, Toyota will wait to allow customers see the value proposition of the Hycross, before re-launching the Diesel Crysta (if they decide to re-launch).

However, it must be said that Toyota has not exited the Body on Frame configuration body type, as it is expected that the Fortuner and Hilux will continue to be on sale in India.

Although the automotive media in India writes that the Diesel Crysta will make a come-back, several dealers are saying orally that the Crysta will not be relaunched and that it has been phased out!

Lets wait and watch how this interesting scenario plays out!
trail_lover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:44   #275
BHPian

Given the track record of Toyota where purchase at launch makes Toyota car an asset [ you lose hardly 20-30% in next 5 years as new car prices rises steeply) this will be a tempting price for the ones having booking of XUV / Scorpio-N

It would be interesting to see market share numbers if Toyota can execute fulfilment (production & deliveries) well and avoid waiting saga of Mahindra cars
Old 28th December 2022, 17:45   #276
BHPian

The age old adage of Toyota pricing their products outside of comprehension seems to have taken a break with the HyCross. Now eagerly looking forward to ownership threads of the HyCross and bigger wheels befitting the wheel arches. Peace
Air_Kerala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:54   #277
BHPian

To me, this pricing from TOYOTA is/was flabbergasting given Toyota's heavy weight wallet culture in India.

Until now (including the pricing), Hycross is definitely a winner. This also means Crysta is dead and no more of its revival. But what about the yellow board ones?

Now, the final remaining part for this Hycross is the real world user experience on the following
1. Driving dynamics with full load (7 pax or 5 pax + luggage), less load (2 pax or 5 pax).
2. No-roads/Bad Roads behaviour especially compared to Crysta.
3. I am sure it is not an enthusiast's car. But how close is it given that this is a monocoque and hybrid.
4. Performance in both City and Highway
5. Finally, how better or bad is it compared to Crysta

Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 28th December 2022 at 18:02.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 18:04   #278
BHPian

Had this been released 10 days ago, I am sure the XUV700 would've lost the crown for Team BHP COTY 2022. Oh well, now Toyota will have to wait 12 more months
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 18:08   #279
BHPian

Might be Off Topic.

But I just wanna confirm, if anyone heard any news about the return of Crysta. I'm waiting to book one as soon as the bookings open.

I called Toyota dealers in nearby locations and cities, looks like they don't have any updates yet. Putting me off by saying that the Diesel will not return now and asking to book HyCross instead ( Pretty sure they're fooling around ).

I'm not going for Scorpio N, as I wan't a fuss free ownership experience since this might be the last of the Diesels that we're seeing and Mahindra usually has its own share of niggles.

One thing i'm not sure about is - The HyCross starts around 23 Lacs on Road for the base Variant which is exactly the same as Crysta base in my area when it was discontinued. And since HyCross being a premium offering, Do you guys thing the Crysta base will be similarly priced as HyCross or the Crysta will come with a lower price now since it will come back in the Base Avatar only?
Old 28th December 2022, 18:10   #280
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Toyota's pricing is an indication they themselves are not so confident about the hybrids in Indian market. This forum may be impressed with the car. But 99% outside are the real decision makers who may be adverse to a petrol car with so much advanced tech.

Now this also may seem like an outcome of buyers remorse. But I can't help that.
Agree with your opinion. Toyota can't overprice the NA petrol as there is no much scope for this model to sell. Only Hybrids have scope and that too Hycross does not come close to Crysta in any of the departments, other than fuel economy. Unless Toyota by some way restrict the sales of Crysta, it is not an easy task to get good numbers for Hycross after the end of initial hype.

Last edited by Hickstead : 28th December 2022 at 18:14.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 18:12   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The VX has a lot of tech over the GX but a difference of 5L is a bit too much

The real bummer is the additional 4L Toyota is asking for ZX. Yes, they have kept many features exclusive to the ZX but a difference of 4L is something which I am finding a bit difficult to digest.

It is due to the recent trend of over the top new car prices(justified or not) that is making these prices look attractive.
ZX Hybrid is good 8 lacs over GX non-Hybrid variant which is atleast an increase of 33%.
varunswnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 18:22   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptr11s View Post
I feel the Innova Hycross would have a ex-showroom price of ₹19.99 lakhs for the entry level non-hybrid. Coming to the hybrid, I feel it would start at around ₹22 to ₹23 lakhs and would go up to ₹29.99 lakhs
Very good pricing for Toyota standards, undercuts my prediction by more than 1 lakh. But, I wont be surprised if they price it close to my prediction 6 months later.
Old 28th December 2022, 18:25   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Only Hybrids have scope and that too Hycross does not come close to Crysta in any of the departments, other than fuel economy. Unless Toyota by some way restrict the sales of Crysta, it is not an easy task to get good numbers for Hycross after the end of initial hype.
Crysta is only going to be available in one trim ie. the base GX trim with a Manual Transmission, that’s the way they are going to limit the sales of the Crysta. If people want an Automatic Crysta, they will have to look elsewhere.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 18:35   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Might be Off Topic.

But I just wanna confirm, if anyone heard any news about the return of Crysta. I'm waiting to book one as soon as the bookings open.
===
Do you guys thing the Crysta base will be similarly priced as HyCross or the Crysta will come with a lower price now since it will come back in the Base Avatar only?
Some dealers in south India are saying orally (not officially) that the Crysta has been completely phased-out. Some dealers have sold off all their demo Innova Crysta vehicles and I have verified this. Chances are higher that the Crysta wont be re-launched anytime soon as it will distract the customer from this new launch. They might give it minimum 3 months until April 2023 to see the market response for HyCross and then take a decision. I'm saying all this because some Toyota officials said that the Crysta will make a come-back, and will be produced in limited numbers. (when they met the automotive media post HyCross launch).

It can also be construed that Toyota discontinued the Crysta temporarily to clear the inventory / supply-chain of the BS6 phase I vehicles as the market is going to move to RDE from April 1st 2023. The messaging and signals coming from Toyota management and the dealers is a mixed bag. But I would expect that it is going to be a minimum 3 month wait to know if the Crysta will be relaunched, and if it will be launched only for taxi operators (T Board) post April 1st.

Having said that and looking at your passion for the Crysta, I think you should give a serious thought about buying a well-maintained used Innova Crysta and see if you're OK with buying one. Happy Motoring!

Last edited by trail_lover : 28th December 2022 at 18:50. Reason: Used better vocabulary
trail_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 18:37   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross vs its Peers:

With prices ranging between Rs 18.30 - 28.97 lakh (ex-showroom), the Innova Hycross does not have a direct MPV rival, but faces competition from other similarly priced three-row SUVs.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-1.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-2.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-3.jpg

Link

Official statement:

Toyota Kirloskar Motor Announces Prices of The All New Innova HyCross.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-capture.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th December 2022 at 18:42.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed