Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2023, 22:28   #601
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerin.v View Post
Which branch of Nandi Toyota did you visit?

One more thing is the cars now reaching the showrooms are proto models and not part of the official production line and Toyota is only manufacturing 10-20 cars a day compared to min of 100 a day in official production. dont know if they started the official production this news is 1 week old

hope they make some changes like the 360 cam in official vehicles.
Nandi Toyota Kudlu Gate Hosur Road
The display vehicle that I saw there was manufactured on Jan 23 (had the 0123 label).

Hoping that they up the quality and the QC for the production vehicles.
Old 30th January 2023, 00:02   #602
BHPian

VX and GX variants do not come with cladding over the wheel arches. This should not have been missed by TOYOTA. Especially when it comes with all the required bells and whistles.
Please let me know if anyone has any idea or information about installation of cladding over the wheel arches from dealer?
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 10:02   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
VX and GX variants do not come with cladding over the wheel arches. This should not have been missed by TOYOTA. Especially when it comes with all the required bells and whistles.
Please let me know if anyone has any idea or information about installation of cladding over the wheel arches from dealer?
The wheel cladding are not available as accessories. The only other way is to purchase it as a spare part and get it fixed. For that you need to talk to dealer itself and only they will know when they can get it as spare part. Plus the toyota ones in ZX are drilled onto the body so even that you will have to figure out with them.

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th March 2023 at 22:11. Reason: Minor typo.
jerin.v is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 11:33   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just had a detailed look at the Hycross at a Pune showroom. Here are my observations:
Which showroom? I have booked on Toyota website via Sonak Toyota, Pune. There has been no communication from them after sending me booking confirmation.

Really sad.

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th March 2023 at 22:12. Reason: Formatting.
Old 30th January 2023, 11:35   #605
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Which showroom?
I have booked on Toyota website via Sonak Toyota, Pune.
There has been no communication from them after sending me booking confirmation.
Sonak, Bavdhan. Shaw has it on display since 28th as well.

And yes, there's nothing from the dealer/Toyota beyond the booking confirmation slip.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 12:32   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerin.v View Post
Ther wheel cladding are not available as accessories. The only other way is to purchase it as a spare part and get it fixed. For that you need to talk to dealer itself and only they will know when they can get it as spare part
Plus the toyota ones in ZX are drilled onto the body so even that you will have to figure out with them.
We will soon see after market accessories for wheel arch cladding which can be glued. But not providing this in GX and VX variants doesn't make any sense.
jthomas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 13:14   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
We will soon see after market accessories for wheel arch cladding which can be glued. But not providing this in GX and VX variants doesn't make any sense.
Absolutely, the looks should not have been compromised specially on VX - 28 lakh On Road car.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 30th January 2023 at 13:48. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 14:57   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Absolutely, the looks should not have been compromised specially on VX - 28 lakh On Road car.
TATA is the best in regards to how variants are planned and priced. You dont want sunroof there is a variant. Don't want leather seats there is a variant. 5, 6 or 7 seater in most variants (Harrier and Safari respectively)

But here it's more like either you take top end for 37 lakh or you go home with a car which has features of a 10 lakh car. Want top end but not family friendly due to no 8 seater option more aim towards a chauffeur driven car.

Actually even a 10 lakh car gets most of the gigs nowadays.
jerin.v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 15:02   #609
BHPian

Hi all,
My SA at Thirty-Six Toyota Faridabad is asking for minimum 10 lakhs payment in advance so that delivery of my Hycross VX can be prioritized. All the salespersons and their respective managers are in line with this and asking for 10-20 lakhs of advance payment for speeding up deliveries. They are openly saying that whosoever made the payment first will get the Hycross delivery. Toyota should look into these issues!
Has anyone of you experienced similar issues with Toyota dealerships recently?
Please share your experience with your dealerships.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 16:51   #610
BHPian

Checked out the Hycross this afternoon at Nandi Toyota, Kudle Gate, all my personal observations around the car have already been posted in the numerous posts previously in the thread. Though I did click some pictures of the various variants of the Hycross across the dealership as they have all 3 variants in most colors available. The White ZX only is on display on the showroom floor near the entrance. Spotted these below in the parking and garage, thought this would be an useful indicator of the size and dimensions (as best as you can through a photograph) of the Hycross relative to the Fortuner, Hyryder and last but not the least the Crysta itself!

Cousins
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross-cousins.jpg
Hycross VX above

Siblings
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross-siblings.jpg
Hycross GX in White and ZX in Blackish Ageha Glass Flake

Oh yes, the Blackish Ageha Glass Flake color does look marvelous up close, though not sure maintaining it in the long term would be that easy!
Mile10 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 17:28   #611

It was my turn to checkout Hycross yesterday.

- Looked to be well proportionate vehicle and super white color looked good
- Plenty is space in all three rows. Driver and co passenger seats felt comfortable for long drives
- Middle row Ottoman seats: Even though tall people will not be able to raise the leg rest part all the way up, with the right incline of the back rest and raising the leg rest to a certain level, one will be able to get a comfortable seating (or say sleeping) position. I am inclined to believe that middle row passengers are going to love this car. Being tall is a blessing in almost all walks of life, but not in a Hycross. Short people will enjoy it even more
- Based on reviews, I was prepared to be disappointed with the wheels. It did not stand out as an eyesore for me. Impact on ride quality, I do not know at this point of time.

From looks and seating point of view, it is a tick mark for me. Now it is going to be all about ride quality, drivability and music system vs XUV 700 P. I have a feeling that back to back test drives of the two vehicles will not give a clear winner. Fingers crossed.
devthomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 17:56   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post

Cousins
Attachment 2412242
Hycross VX above
Thanks for sharing the photos of VX. Hycross VX in white is looking really good here in this pic. White will be a hot selling color in Hycross as well. If we add roof-rails as well, its going to look like a huge beast on road!
Old 30th January 2023, 18:43   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devthomas View Post
- Middle row Ottoman seats:.
How is the mid row experience when compared to Crysta? Do the higher positioned windows with the lower than front row arrangement confer a sunken feeling for the mid row passengers, especially if they are short/ medium height ?

Last edited by JayG : 30th January 2023 at 18:54. Reason: Error
Old 30th January 2023, 19:11   #614

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
How is the mid row experience when compared to Crysta? Do the higher positioned windows with the lower than front row arrangement confer a sunken feeling for the mid row passengers, especially if they are short/ medium height ?
Once you raise the leg rest and adjust the back rest, I do not think middle row passengers will get a feeling that they are low. In an upright position, one may feel the lack of under thigh support
devthomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 19:26   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Which showroom?
I have booked on Toyota website via Sonak Toyota, Pune.
There has been no communication from them after sending me booking confirmation.
Really sad.
Same with me. Nobody from Sonak called me to inform the availability of vehicle. Since I had called my SA myself to check, she just said that they have received it yesterday and all. Now I properly understand what a seller's market feels like

Mahindra had huge bookings for XUV700 and Scorpio-N, but they had clearly announced the date on which you can see the vehicle in showroom. That's not the case here.
prajakt_23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed