Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2023, 23:13   #781
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerin.v View Post
Is it 6.7L / 100 km?
Meaning 6.7 liters were used for the last 100km, in that case the mileage is around 100(km)/6.7(liters) = 14.9 kmpl .
14.9 mileage is really good. It would be great if you can confirm

This is a picture of Innova Zenix lower model, couldn't find another pic. In this it shows 14.9 liters for 100 km that is 100(km)/14.9(liters) = 6.7 kmpl .
Attachment 2416940
Going on for the first service tomorrow. Hopng for this to be better.

I am guessing the 6.7 L/100 KM could be true making it to ~ of 15. Car has been out with driver for this week so couldn't get the pic. Will try tomorrow.
nbot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 00:30   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Hycross and Hyryder both are being sold at 55K to 1L black market premiums in Delhi. The sales guys won't make an offer upfront thus the touts in market are doing all the dealing.
The black market premium is also in terms of pushing the customer to buy accessories, insurance, coating et al amounting to more than a lakh profit.

Below is a quote from another thread and the author is the thread is from Bhilai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashsinghania View Post
I booked the hycross after using the Corolla altis for over 10 years over good 1.5 lakh Kms on the ODO, but the past few days, I am thinking of cancelling my booking, mainly because the delaers are not at all concerned about the customers, right now, I am being offered a car but only if I get accessories worth 45 k, extended warranty another 45 k, 3M coating 9.5k and insurance over 65k costlier that what I am getting from my regular insurance person.

I was ready to take the delivery of the car even without having a look at the car in person, just because of the trust on the toyota brand, but much to my dismay, the dealers are probably trying to juice out the people for the first few deliveries, since I dont think that this will last long, since the crysta is also round the corner, and not many will be willing to pay such costs just to get a vehicle early. I am highly disappointed by the Experience,
BlueJay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 05:14   #783
BHPian

Since many people in this forum are planning to cancel the booking, please suggest alternatives for an automatic petrol SUV with excellent customer satisfaction index?
Alternative Options:
1. MG Hector CVT
2. Hyundai Alcazar Signature AT

I am excluding Kia Carens because petrol 1.4 engine is being discontinued. XUV 700 is out of the list just because of awful user experience offered by Mahindra dealerships.

Any other alternatives for petrol AT SUVs?
Old 11th February 2023, 08:18   #784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Since many people in this forum are planning to cancel the booking, please suggest alternatives for an automatic petrol SUV with excellent customer satisfaction index?
Alternative Options:
1. MG Hector CVT

I am excluding Kia Carens because petrol 1.4 engine is being discontinued. XUV 700 is out of the list just because of awful user experience offered by Mahindra dealerships.

I would recommend the MG Hector, though mileage wise it will be much less (around 9-10kmpl). I have a Hector Plus (Diesel MT) for 1 year now and it is pretty good and comfortable and spacious. The diesel MT version gives a mileage of 16-17 in mixed use.
I had also booked the Hycross but am also thinking of cancelling as we have a Hector and Jeep Compass. I will just hold on to my Compass (it is 5.5 years old now) till the time I can find a better replacement.
Behemoth is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 09:47   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Alternative Options:
1. MG Hector CVT

Not preaching without practicing. We cancelled our Hycross booking and are very seriously considering the Hector Plus

If you don't need the Hybrid Tech, The Hector Plus 7 seater is far more plush.

Alcazar doesn't seem to have the same space on offer as the Hycross or Hector

On the Customer Satisfaction aspect, I have spoken to many Bhpians & Friends and not one has raised a complaint about their experience with MG. On the other hand, Toyota seems to be a mixed bag right now, may be they weren't prepared for the volumes they are seeing with the Glanza, Hyryder and now Hycross possibly
Old 11th February 2023, 10:05   #786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Alternative Options:
1. MG Hector CVT

If you need that third row, there really isn’t another alternative to the Toyota. That’s what makes it so compelling for us NCR people.

Hector Plus’s third row is absolutely useless for adults, even over short distances. And there is no boot, to boot.

Alcazar 6 seat can be an option. This can actually accommodate 2 adults in the third row with some cooperation from the middle row. And still retains a half decent boot for a couple of cabin bags. It drives well too. Problem is that there is no update from Hyundai on the E20 compliance of the 2.0 NA petrol engine. They might replace it with the upcoming 1.5 turbo petrol. Here, you might as well go for the diesel which is already BS 6.2 compliant and has a huge fuel efficiency advantage.

XUV700 petrol I will not recommend. A high tech direct injection turbo petrol with no word on E20 compliance, with the risk of expensive long term maintenance at Mahindra, this is wayyy out of my comfort zone.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 11th February 2023 at 10:07.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 10:31   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Problem is that there is no update from Hyundai on the E20 compliance of the 2.0 NA petrol engine. They might replace it with the upcoming 1.5 turbo petrol.
Already updated I thought?

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...tandard-427187
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 10:40   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I stand corrected!
The 2.0 NA is E20 ready, as per this article.
It’s a good engine to drive too, well suited to the Alcazar. Excellent refinement and good performance.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 10:58   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbot View Post
Going on for the first service tomorrow. Hopng for this to be better.

I am guessing the 6.7 L/100 KM could be true making it to ~ of 15. Car has been out with driver for this week so couldn't get the pic. Will try tomorrow.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20230211wa0008.jpg

6.7 L/ 100 KMS it is. So around 15KMPL
nbot is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 14:03   #790
BHPian

We took delivery of our VX blackish agaha yesterday. It was an odd experience as I couldn't do an in-person PDI or worse test drive the car before making the payment. So, the decision to go ahead was based on reviews of others.

First time when we saw the car was in the Nandi Whitefield showroom. This was the first time we saw the VX variant too. The immediate thought was the daunting size.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20230210_174157.jpg

The delivery process took its own time and by the time we came out, it was pretty dark. We had to drive slowly, due to the dimension and the fear of safely taking it home.

First thing we did was filling full tank and reset the trip meter. And by the time we reached home after 10 km of light city traffic, it was showing incredible 22kmpl

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20230210_202258.jpg

Today, I did an acclimatization drive on a highway. The following are the observations.

The car is very powerful. Fully loaded car too won't have issue in pulling.

You can get same high driving position as in Scorpio N. I could see the roof designs of all the cars on the road.

I didn't have issue in climbing steep ramp (but the car was not fully loaded, but that shouldn't be an issue)

Engine grunt is highly audible when you accelerate hard to hit a speed. But after that it becomes calm. You can always hit the same speed without touching the power mode too, if you are little patient.

I tried maintaining 80 to 90 kmph on highway to test the mileage. It was showing around 16 to 17 kmpl. 100 kmph was around 15 to 16 kmpl.

Remember, when you slow down or go down hill, the mileage only increases. It is very difficult to get low mileage in this car.

The indicator on audio alarm is very low. You may have to keep an eye to get yourself not cought with wrong indicator light on. My Etios made right amount of noise.

The glass area is so much that you need AC at a relatively low level to keep yourself cool.

The floormats are narrow and useless when you slide the middle seats back or front. The car will easily get spoiled.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20230211_103050.jpg
The door is heavy. But the door plastics are flimsy. When you open the door, you need to use the inside door handle to push open the door. Attempting to push open near the lever makes the plastics make uncomfortable noise.

Tried few corners at 100+ kmph and there are no complaints. Zigzagging may not be that much comfortable though.

It's a strange experience when you see your car moving in absolute silence in the parking lots. You realise that you are missing your engine friend at that time.

If you are sitting on a fence, please go ahead and buy the car. You don't have any other car that is as powerful and at the same as fuel efficient as this one in the market, leave alone the reliability and the resale value.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 11th February 2023 at 16:03. Reason: kmph -> kmpl
Upgrade is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 14:10   #791
BHPian

So a quick update. My dealer sent me a WhatsApp saying that car delivery will take 6 months to 12 months. Booking on opening day, as per them 1st 20 in line.

When asked him about the same in detail he said management had asked to send message to all as deliveries of car are very slow and volumes are 1/4 of what was previously committed. Don't know if true or false. We may get the car early as well.

I'm on fence about cancelling the booking and still haven't decided.
Old 11th February 2023, 14:45   #792
BHPian

Quote:
please suggest alternatives for an automatic petrol SUV with excellent customer satisfaction index?

I am excluding Kia Carens because petrol 1.4 engine is being discontinued.

I suggest you to consider Carens without worrying much about the engine being discontinued. If possible, you may also wait for the 1.5 engine. In Carens you get the best possible value overall in terms of space, comfort, features, interior quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Hector Plus’s third row is absolutely useless for adults, even over short distances. And there is no boot
Yes. If third row space and boot space are important requirements, Carens can be looked at. I rejected Safari, XUV700, ScorpioN, Hector plus due to these 2 factors apart from the price.

Last edited by Knightrider : 11th February 2023 at 14:55.
Knightrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 16:03   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
We took delivery of our VX blackish agaha yesterday....
Congratulations!

I see that your car has no chrome accessories installed. Did the dealer not force you to purchase accessories like they are doing in other cities?
Old 11th February 2023, 17:56   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
We took delivery of our VX blackish agaha yesterday. It was an odd experience as I couldn't do an in-person PDI or worse test drive the car before making the payment. So, the decision to go ahead was based on reviews of others.
Hi

Great to see you take the delivery of your VX! I am getting mine next Saturday Feb 18.

Few quick questions
1. Are you getting any accessories from outside? I’ve told Nandi that I won’t even be taking the basic accessories.

2. How’s the quality of the music system? Any upgrades planned?

3. Can we do a recording from the front camera?

Thanks in advance! And congratulations once again!
Old 11th February 2023, 18:33   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Congratulations!

I see that your car has no chrome accessories installed. Did the dealer not force you to purchase accessories like they are doing in other cities?
No, the dealer didn't force me for anything. I bought the mats because it was still not available in the market. I took the insurance also from the outside. For accessories, they want to buy for 40k to get any discount. So, I decided to get fog lamps later as service guys are more generous in giving discounts.
Upgrade is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks