Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 15:25   #826
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Is there anyone who has taken delivery of Hycross VX? If Yes, Please share your feedback on the Sound System in VX? How is it? Is that as per stock Honda and Hyundai standards?
Old 13th February 2023, 16:59   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfady View Post
Could not access this without registering the vehicle with Vin/Chassis number.

If its in pdf form, can you share it ?
Unfortunately, it is not downloading in pdf and you need the app to see the downloaded content.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230213_165626_toyota-iconnect.jpg  

Old 13th February 2023, 17:24   #828
BHPian

I did a test drive of the VX variant (white color)at Mody Toyota, Hyderabad on Saturday morning. I had requested for morning slot around 10am so that traffic is less and also that I wanted a long test drive and the showroom was more than accommodating to my request.

I am one of those types who typically likes to take the top end of a car with all the features so that I do not have to do any after market changes, therefore I had booked a ZX(O) variant in Nov 22. I also like my car to be feature loaded and have been eying xuv 700 as well (currently own a xuv 500) however the wait period put me off and hence thought to book Hyrider with the hopes that it gets delivered faster than the 700, however currently no ETA on it.

Coming to the test drive of VX variant, the hybrid engine smoothly transitions between ev and petrol engine and you only come to know that the engine is running when you hit the pedal hard, otherwise you do not come to know that the car engine is running (my wife was surprised that the car was moving even without the engine noise).

Inside is well insulated and the car was super smooth on bumps and on the road with limited body roll as compared to my xuv 500.

The jbl system is quite 🤢 and sad to see such an after market system in such a priced car. I also found the layout of the buttons on the steering to me more like a after thought as few controls for music are on the right side (track change when connected to Bluetooth music) while few on the left (volume) and found the buttons for music and navigating the driver console dashboard to be very confusing.

Car is very generous in space and was showing a good mileage I suppose (9.3km - don’t remember the complete reading).

I am currently confused if I should continue with my zx(o) booking or downgrade it to VX or switch it xuv 700. I have never owned a Toyota car but whoever I have met who had/has/is owning a Toyota vouches to go for it eyes closed though it is more expensive and I do want to own a Toyota and see how it goes. l, however I am not happy with the compromises it has but not sure and on the fence.

While the xuv 700 pretty much ticks all the bells and wishes from my end, I did not like the QC the xuv 500 had as a car as there were/are numerous issues and I am not certain of how good/bad Mahindra has got in this dept. Also the fact that I would take a diesel automatic if it’s xuv vs a hybrid of its a hycross and I am a bit uncertain on diesel engines and future of it in India knowing that more and more brands are dropping diesel engines from their profiles.

Currently for xuv 700 the quoted wait time is 12-14 months for diesel AT AX 7L while they say you can expect it in 6-8 months and I suppose you ZX(O) might end up being 6-8 months as well but not sure. I do feel the hycross is more spacious than xuv 700 in all the rows but the infotainment and fit/finish quality looks superior than hycross.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:08   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
I did a test drive of the VX variant (white color) at Mody Toyota, Hyderabad on Saturday morning.
Currently for xuv 700 the quoted wait time is 12-14 months for diesel AT AX 7L while they say you can expect it in 6-8 months, and I suppose you ZX(O) might end up being 6-8 months as well but not sure. I do feel the hycross is more spacious than xuv 700 in all the rows but the infotainment and fit/finish quality looks superior to hycross.
I am one of those customers who had waited for XUV 700 for a long time and then cancelled the booking on my delivery date as the Vehicle was not finished well and there were many paint defects in that car. XUV 700 has many dealer related horror stories. So, I would not suggest anyone to buy Mahindra vehicles as they take their customers for granted and would never ever take good care of their cars.

Paint Quality of XUV 700 is Questionable and it's even worse than what Maruti provides to their customers. Also Rusting is a known issue with all Mahindra Cars.

You might not have seen even a single rusted vehicle from Toyota. The Paint Quality is also top notch.

TOYOTA's interiors have never been good. But I think their service will never make you cry like what Mahindra does to their customers! I booked Hycross VX on 25 Nov 2022 since I did not want a sunroof.

I read that you test drove the VX model only. How is the audio quality of VX model to ears? forget about the infotainment screen. Is that audio anywhere close to Hyundai or Honda stock speakers?

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 13th February 2023 at 18:10.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 19:44   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
I am one of those customers who had waited for XUV 700 for a long time and then cancelled the booking on my delivery date as the Vehicle was not finished well and there were many paint defects in that car. XUV 700 has many dealer related horror stories. So, I would not suggest anyone to buy Mahindra vehicles as they take their customers for granted and would never ever take good care of their cars.

Paint Quality of XUV 700 is Questionable and it's even worse than what Maruti provides to their customers. Also Rusting is a known issue with all Mahindra Cars.

You might not have seen even a single rusted vehicle from Toyota. The Paint Quality is also top notch.

TOYOTA's interiors have never been good. But I think their service will never make you cry like what Mahindra does to their customers! I booked Hycross VX on 25 Nov 2022 since I did not want a sunroof.

I read that you test drove the VX model only. How is the audio quality of VX model to ears? forget about the infotainment screen. Is that audio anywhere close to Hyundai or Honda stock speakers?
The touch screen was iffy and confusing at the least. Could not figure out how to do wireless airplay but then connected it via Bluetooth. Audio quality was Bassy but I did not get to adjust the treble/bass etc. The speaker quality was way better in xuv 700 Sony speakers for sure but comparing it to my Hyundai creta, the JBL are surely an upgrade.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 20:19   #831

which version of toyota safety sense we have in india ??
Old 13th February 2023, 20:46   #832
BHPian

Quote:
The touch screen was iffy and confusing at the least. Could not figure out how to do wireless airplay but then connected it via Bluetooth. Audio quality was Bassy but I did not get to adjust the treble/bass etc. The speaker quality was way better in xuv 700 Sony speakers for sure but comparing it to my Hyundai creta, the JBL are surely an upgrade.
1) There is no Wireless CarPlay in VX version. It only has Wired Android and Apple Car Play
2) VX does not come with JBL Speakers. VX Version has TOYOTA's stock speakers.
Old 13th February 2023, 20:47   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sound quality always takes a hit with Bluetooth. Wired CarPlay sounds better. Nonetheless, it is fairly obvious that the sound quality of the JBL system of the HyCross lags behind the XUV700, Hector and Safari.
Old 13th February 2023, 20:54   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
1) There is no Wireless CarPlay in VX version. It only has Wired Android and Apple Car Play
Even ZX and ZX(O) come with only Wired Android Auto. They offer wireless Apple Car Play though.
Old 13th February 2023, 20:55   #835
BHPian

I stand corrected. Seems like the Sales person was even less knowledgeable than me. So the stock speakers did sound better than my creta and xuv 500 speakers but had the bassy issue which results in distortion.
Old 13th February 2023, 21:03   #836

Drove a little more then 100kms in Delhi traffic during Sunday traffic with 3 adults and 2 kids onboard. Got an economy of 12.4kmpl, with couple of 15 min long slow moving stretches with pure EV mode. This was with tire spec change to 225/55R18 which I got replaced next day if delivery itself. I am ok with this but clearly hope it’ll get better from here.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-3c288eeec5ff4aa4b052d08b0a2f5853.jpeg  

vishal rathee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 21:04   #837
BHPian

Quote:
If you have test driven VX model, then it is a stock Toyota music system.
Only ZX and above has JBL system.

The track changing buttons are to the left of the steering wheel and laid out together . Only cruise control on the right side. ( when we face the steering).
Not sure how you have changed tracks using the right side of the control .

Last edited by pradeepkm : 13th February 2023 at 21:18.
Old 13th February 2023, 21:05   #838

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
Even ZX and ZX(O) come with only Wired Android Auto. They offer wireless Apple Car Play though.
It’s actually wireless and connection is quick & seamless .
Old 13th February 2023, 21:41   #839

Which dealership in NCR did you receive the vehicle from?
Old 13th February 2023, 22:49   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal rathee View Post
Drove a little more then 100kms in Delhi traffic during Sunday traffic with 3 adults and 2 kids onboard. Got an economy of 12.4kmpl, with couple of 15 min long slow moving stretches with pure EV mode. This was with tire spec change to 225/55R18 which I got replaced next day if delivery itself. I am ok with this but clearly hope it’ll get better from here.
Since you have gone for 3% Increase in diameter and around 1 inch (11.4%) increase in sidewall, Your revs/mile have decreased considerably. Hence the speedo-meter, real speed of the car and the Average for that matter will be shown considerably lesser and incorrect. So since you have gone for such tyre upgrade, either you need to get the speedometer calibrated by Toyota, else you might have to calculate the average by tank to tank method.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-225.png  

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 13th February 2023 at 22:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks